parts of fortune

beginner

I need info regarding pof, what are its natal affects? when transits planet make aspects with pof what are there affects?

MariaMGF

It is a very complex part but generally it signifies what happens to our physical body which is beyond our control. Luck is a good example, sometimes it is good, sometimes not so good, this can be tracked by its placement, directions, progressions, transits etc. It can also signify illness or injury, I recommend checking it out.

Maria

dr. farr

I need info regarding pof, what are its natal affects? when transits planet make aspects with pof what are there affects?

Judith Hill's "The Part of Fortune" is a very informative little book which will pretty much give you all you need to know for using the Part in delineation; this book is available from Amazon books, and various other internet book vendors, such as astroamerica.com.

Remember that the POF does not MAKE aspects, since it is only a point in the chart-a sensitive point: but it connects with the health and social and economic standing/relationships of the subject, and it RECEIVES aspects from planets (and conjunction effects from stars), and also is influenced by transits of the planets over its natal position. Basically, hard or disruptive aspects to the POF have - influences upon what the POF represents (health, social relationships, financial/economic status, etc) and trines/sextiles, enhance the + influences upon what the POF represents. Same with conjunctions (including transit conjunctions) of planets to the POF: functionally disruptive planets have a - influence on the POF (of the quality of the planet involved), functionally benefic planets have a + influence on the POF (again, of the nature of the quality of the planet involved)...

piercethevale

...the title 'Fortune' is misleading... it doesn't influence 'Fortunes' [either coming or going...not necessarily, anyways... by happenstance, possibly] It represents how you can be 'Most Fortunate' in accomplishing your 'Sadhana' [Spiritual Purpose/Work] here on Earth in this lifetime...
To have it conjunct the M.C. [as I do] is about the best placement...as the M.C. represents 'HOW" one accomplishes the task given them by their natal chart...the Asc. represents "WHO", the Desc. "WHERE-TO" [or "Whom you will become if the Cosmos hasits way and you comply] the M.C. "HOW" and the I.C. "WHY" [although the "HOW" & the "WHY" can be read in the opposite manner...i.e. I.C., "HOW" ...M.C., "WHY"... that is what is known as the "Involutionary" order of procession of the Zodiac... r.e. Those that lead/live a 'Spiritual Life'...that wish to 'finish up' in this physical realm...account for all their Karma and break the cycle of reincarnation and the 'Trap of Maya" read the Zodiac from Virgo 30 degrees and proceed from there in a 'Clockwise direction...Libra 01* is the culmination of the 360 precepts that one must [most likely will be... confronted by...] deal with in their lifetime.

I strongly urge you to use only the 'Day Formula' regardless of tome of day you were born... reversing formulae in such matters is asking for trouble IMH...[but very studied and experienced] O...

You should also be aware that the Parts are 'Symbolically Active'...the symbol that you find for the degree of the Zodiac that your PoF is found in.
For example..I have produced a chart for the birth of Jesus/Yeshua in the year 3 AD, that is the date given by Edgar Cayce for the 'true birth'...it also has the four first degrees of the Cardinal Signs for its Chart Axis ...just a s Dane Rudhyar predicted... [I'm 100% convinced of it...] the PoF that chart produces from its data is the 19th of Pisces, the Sabian Symbol is "A Master Instructs His Disciple{s}... this degree happens to be my Part of Inheritance and Legacy [ I am allegedly one of the disciples re-incarnated] ...
the PoF is a precept which is found in the Sabian Symbol and it must be consciously reminded to oneself... employed... maintained as an attitude if the situation demands it [as not all Sabian Symbols are illustrative of 'Acts'...some are quite abstract and represent proper understanding or psychological or philosophical paradigims that will truly serve you if you use them symbolically.
You should also be aware that the Part of Faith/Trust [Asc. + Mercury - Moon] I have consistently found to date to be 'that' which we already know within us... I assume that some folks may not be so enlightened ...those of you I suggest finding the Sabian Symbol for the Part and you will discover that it has or that it will be symbolically representative of what it is that you have faith in... or..as it did in my case...it ended up representing the situation that gave validity to my faith...
...I offer the Part of Faith from the aforementioned 'proposed natal chart of Jesus/Yeshua ...as it will be understood immediately by all [with the possible exception of anyone that might be a Mormon...]
3* Taurus...the Part of Faith produced from the 'proposed birth chart' of Yeshua ben David...[ibid.]
"NATURAL STEPS LEAD TO A LAWN OF CLOVER IN BLOOM." ...and clover [or Trefoil] is a three leaflet plant that is representative of the 'Trinity'.
[Jews do not profess or believe in a 'Trinity'... I imagine that Yeshua was probably the first]
from the text: ""Clover" however, is normally a symbol of the Triad ("Trinity"), and thus of the often-mentioned "three natures" in man. To reach the Flowering garden of mind, the consciousness must proceed by steps. Effort is needed. What is reached is a flowering display of the simple, quite humble kind, yet bees are after it for honey. There is sweetness and energy latent in the blossoms.

This is the third stage of the seventh five-fold sequence of phases. It is a stage at which one should seek with diligence and determination, but in humility and faith, to reach NATURAL FULFILLMENT."

... and it was about as 'Natural' as it comes as to The Man from Naz.having Faith in the Trinity...

I strongly recommend in addition to the PoF the Parts of Inheritance, Service, Faith, Catastrophe, Increase, Imprisonment, Intelligence, Sudden Advancement, Destiny, Nobility and Honor, and the [so called] "Hermetic Lots"...Eros, Necessity, Courage, Victory..and most definitely the Part of Hyleg....
You'll most likely find a similar symbolical tenor among many of these Parts...if you are a soul that is somewhat advanced and here in this life spiritually 'Busy With It" in some endeavor/capacity or another.

MaeMae

Banned
i view it as where one's good fortune or luck lies. but i don't see it as an outer world expression. it's more an internal saving grace.

MaeMae

Banned
i view it as where one's good fortune or luck lies. but i don't see it as an outer world expression. it's more an internal saving grace.
in horary, even if it is a very bad outcome, pof in house shows where querant will find internal benefit of some kind.

beginner

@dr. farr
Thanks for suggesting me book related to pof, and can u please give me some links too where I can get info regarding pof.

@piercethevale
My pof and pot both are in AC. what does it means by having these in AC?
and give me some links having info related to pof

Thanks all

beginner

Half knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge.

My POF is in anaretic degree 29, square 29 degrees North Node/Sun
POf is in sixth house of health, in Capricorn.
It is conjunct my lot of death.
And within ten years Pluto transit will conjunct both..
Am I going to die :crying: ?
If my astrology knowledge is going to be my end, I blame Mecury in my eight house for it..

JUPITERASC

beginner, here is a brief quote from educational blurb along with a link to it:smile:

"I thought it interesting/worthwhile for the community to write educational blurb on Five Pillars of Fate/five Arabic lots, to help assess chances of ultimate success/figure out natal talents easily to determine the best way to approach success. This is all via part of fortune, as a starting point/key. Specifically, we turn the chart to make lot of fortune the ascendant as astrologers of old did, creating ‘fortune ascendant’, projecting a new chart as the native’s potential for ultimate success. Some ancient astrologers thought this new chart more important than natal chart" SOURCE: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13197

Last edited:

dr. farr

Robert Hand also has some valuable insights and information regarding the POF (google robert hand part of fortune) I think some of the Hand POF material is available on the AW site (front page/informational/articles section)