Will I Benefit from this Mentor Relationship?

Arian Maverick

Last night I reestablished contact with a woman whom I had met through an informal environmental networking group. (She's the leader of this group, in fact.) We had a relatively short but good relationship; I "tagged along" with her to various environmental conferences and helped set up tables promoting her small business, as well as the cause I was advocating independently. Now I wish to assume a more active role in this relationship, helping her to gather information and manage a calendar/blog of different environmental events in the area. I am prepared to do any other task she asks of me.

Now, you may not suspect this from my direct manner of the forums, but I tend not to be assertive in these types of working relationships. I throw myself into a role completely and assume increasing levels of responsibility, and ultimately, I benefit little because I do not demand reciprocation. I even feel slightly ashamed for posing this question because I believe that people ought to give of themselves freely without expectation of benefit to themselves. Unfortunately, I am at a stage where cannot live by this ideal. If I invest considerable time and energy into this relationship, I need to receive some benefit--even if it's as intangible as increased clarification regarding the kind of career I wish to build.

The chart has a 0 degree Ascendant, which may indicate that the question is premature; perhaps I had ought to invest more into the relationship before I ask how I may benefit from it. However, one of my horary astrology books states, "For a matter in its inception, an early Ascendant may perfectly describe the situation." Perhaps this is a descriptive factor rather than an admonishment.

I am signified by Jupiter in Aries. Since this is a night chart--the Sun is below the horizon--I use the night triplicity ruler. Jupiter does not have dignity by sign or exaltation, but it is in its own triplicity. It also is swift in motion. These are positive factors, I believe, but I am concerned that Jupiter is conjunct Mars. Mars is separating from Jupiter, however, so the aspect is diminishing in intensity. I imagine this separating aspect ought to indicate an event that precipitated the creation of this horary chart, but I cannot think of what it might be.

I am having difficulty selecting the house most appropriate to describe a mentor relationship. I acknowledge that I am not on equal footing with this woman, so it seems inappropriate to use the ruler of the seventh house, although I am inclined to due to the "partnership" aspect. Most likely, this relationship won't be clearly defined, so should I use the ruler of the seventh house to indicate "the other person?"

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am willing to provide the exact day, time, and location through personal message to anyone who wishes to recreate this chart using different software.

Arian Maverick

Attachments

• Will Relationship with Kimi Be Fruitful - Horary Chart.jpg
    Will Relationship with Kimi Be Fruitful - Horary Chart.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 22

Spicadilly

Hi Arian, am tempted to use the 11th for the mentor so Venus here who will cj you in 2 degrees. If she is 7th or 10th Mercury then she still comes to cj you...Am curious of all this activity in the 5th, are you attracted to her if I can ask?