How to read this contradiction in horary chart?

sadge

Will someone please explain this contradiction in the chart and how we're supposed to interpret it? (These are the moments in horary that confuse me right now.)

Question: will he like it if I call?

Findings: right away, I see the opposition between me (mercury) and him (Jupiter). So my assumption was "no," he doesn't want me to cal!. But then I see mars (can this be him too?) in his 3rd house, which trines the moon (me?).

What is the way to read this? Do the houses matter?

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_72_like_it_if_f_i_call.4880.14098.gif
    astro_w2gw_72_like_it_if_f_i_call.4880.14098.gif
    50.3 KB · Views: 51

Salasi

There is an opposition between jupiter and mercury, however the receptions are quite ok (jupiter is received by mercury in triplicity and vica versa). So the opposition could mean something like: yes he will like it when you call, but it might not go as smooth as you would like...

Btw, He is in your second house and you are in his second house (your eight house), is their some issue about money between the two of you?

Last edited:

sadge

Thanks, salasi!

So do we ignore the Mars trine moon? When do you look at secondary sig? Or do I look to see what mars rules?

You horary folks are like astro ninjas. It's so cool to hear these interpretations.

Re the 2nd house.....nice catch. Yes, we met due to a possible business relationship. I may hire him, but thinking it through because my attraction toward him is distracting.

Is there anything else to read into this chart? Like the fact that I hurt or offended him?

I'm getting a handle on surface level interpretation, but I would not have even picked up on your comment about reception. This way of thinking is so different from modern astrology or depth psychology.

sadge

i am not seeing the opposition as a no
because they are applying to each other

I've been trying to study past charts to learn....and have loved your responses to other questions. You're another one of those horary ninjas who caught my attention!

sadge

Another question about the whole 2nd house thing....

Does it have to be about money in this particular chart? Can it be about other 2nd/8th house stuff..... :innocent:

sadge

i am not seeing the opposition as a no
because they are applying to each other

So when you say they are applying to one another, do you mean the opposition is becoming more exact, rather than separating?

Last edited:

tikana

So when you say they are applying to one another, do you mean the opposition is becoming more exact, rather than separating?

they are applying since jup is retro.
yeah mutual application is one planet is direct another is retro

tikana

I've been trying to study past charts to learn....and have loved your responses to other questions. You're another one of those horary ninjas who caught my attention!

i dont sugarcoat.. i just drop in and get to the point.

bows..
still learning though
Tik

sadge

they are applying since jup is retro.
yeah mutual application is one planet is direct another is retro

Ok....now I know I've got a lot more to learn. Holy cow. Astro ninjas. All of you.

So the "applying" factor totally negates the opposition (and what I thought was the obvious meaning of the two of us in "opposition" to one another)....which means it's like the opposition doesn't exist, and since we're in "reception," it's all good? Wtf.

:andy:

sadge

Anybody..... Is that me in the 5th house freaking out? (Moon conjunct Pluto)

And seriously...... Do horary ninjas not care about t-squares? I noticed this never gets picked up in recent interpretations for many other questions. The t-square here involves the significators.

Last edited:

tikana

Ok....now I know I've got a lot more to learn. Holy cow. Astro ninjas. All of you.

So the "applying" factor totally negates the opposition (and what I thought was the obvious meaning of the two of us in "opposition" to one another)....which means it's like the opposition doesn't exist, and since we're in "reception," it's all good? Wtf.

:andy:

well . there is some reception.. that leans me to think it is not a no

Salasi

Thanks, salasi!

So do we ignore the Mars trine moon? When do you look at secondary sig? Or do I look to see what mars rules?

You horary folks are like astro ninjas. It's so cool to hear these interpretations.

Re the 2nd house.....nice catch. Yes, we met due to a possible business relationship. I may hire him, but thinking it through because my attraction toward him is distracting.

Is there anything else to read into this chart? Like the fact that I hurt or offended him?

I'm getting a handle on surface level interpretation, but I would not have even picked up on your comment about reception. This way of thinking is so different from modern astrology or depth psychology.

Well, it is the applying opposition together with the quite ok mutual reception that could imply a positive answer (although with a lot of "struggle" or "effort")... so this was a short answer on your question of the contradiction in the chart... i just wanted to say the seeming contradiction you thought there was, wasnt there... i did not look much further to mars and moon... i am not an expert either... but from a brief glance at the chart I cannot immediately see anything that shows he is deeply hurt... he, as jupiter, is just not in a very strong position as he is retrograde and in libra...

My personal opinion would not be to put too much attention on mars for this question, as mars is more related to the sexual side of the man. I would look more to sun, which is usually another significator for the man and the planet is in his first house... What is interesting is that sun is in a strong position in aries, while jupiter in the money house not... so maybe this might point to his weaker position towards you on the money-domain, but for the rest he is doing quite ok ;)

Anyways, this is what i think, i dont know if somebody sees something different... again, not an expert :)

Last edited:

sadge

Salasi and tikana....

Thank you very, very much. I know it takes time to help others, so your time is appreciated.

I will ninja your synastry or chiron any day. :)

sadge

Well, it is the applying opposition together with the quite ok mutual reception that could imply a positive answer (although with a lot of "struggle" or "effort")... so this was a short answer on your question of the contradiction in the chart... i just wanted to say the seeming contradiction you thought there was, wasnt there... i did not look much further to mars and moon... i am not an expert either... but from a brief glance at the chart I cannot immediately see anything that shows he is deeply hurt... he is just not in a very strong position as he is retrograde and in libra...

My personal opinion would not be to put too much attention on mars for this question, as mars is more related to the sexual side of the quesited. I would look more to sun, which is usually another significator for the man and the planet is in his first house... What is interesting is that sun is in a strong position in aries, while jupiter in the money house not... so maybe this might point to his weaker position towards you on the money-domain, but for the rest he is doing quite ok ;)

You know what? Youre actually doing very well!! That's amazing that you picked up on the money thing again. He is feeling insecure financially in relation to me, which I wish he didn't feel. Its a barrier between us that i wish didnt exist. It's my partner who makes pretty decent moohlah....which I think makes him (the other guy, the quesited) feel insecure even though that's the last thing I care about.

About Mars.....bummer. Too bad you're making me let him go in this chart. I wanted to see what "the sexual side of the quesited" was up to! (Like checking out my moon?!?!). :)

Salasi

well if you would go to the sexual side... i would say, he is mars in venus and you are venus in aries... so i would say there is a sexual attraction... but i dont see anything happening for now, as there is no aspect between mars and venus. Also, the aspect between mars and moon is separating... but the aspect was a nice trine, so this could indicate there has maybe been "something sexual" (can be anything, maybe just a moment of strong attraction) in the recent past between the two of you... or a chance to it or whatever... :joyful: but then also, there is a separating square between moon and venus and mercury (both you)... dont know what this could mean... maybe you felt more blocked to go onto the "more sexual road" with him? On the other hand, i am not sure if i can extend the reading of the chart this far out, as it is getting far away from your original question...

To come back to your question: Now that you say you feel the money thing is a barrier between the two of you, this might be the struggle/difficulty (from the opposition) you will have to overcome when you call him...

btw, i saw another thread from you on outer planets and i think it refers to this chart. I just would like to add, i try to follow traditional horary, so i do not use outer planets... so cannot give you any advice on neptune on the DC

Last edited: