CHAT - anything goes thread - free discussion for everyone - all topics welcome

JUPITERASC

Jupiter, I'm offended on your behalf

because you are actually a royal blue letters man/lady!!!!
Not purple!!
:smile:
That doesn't charge an arm and a leg for something that you could delineate yourself?
How's the trad astrology education going, ice?
When Jupiter is on he'll give you some leads for sure.
Calculating Zodiacal Releasing Periods

• Identify the sign that each lot is placed in.
  • Start from the lot that matches the topic you want to study.
  • The quality of the lot provides the context of the resulting periods.
    • Spirit: career, overall life direction, actions
    • Fortune: health, accidents, the body, that which befalls you.
    • Eros: relationships, marriage, love.
  • Each sign of the zodiac is attributed a certain number of years:
    • Aries and Scorpio: 15
    • Taurus and Libra: 8
    • Gemini and Virgo: 20
    • Cancer: 25
    • Leo: 19
    • Sagittarius and Pisces: 12
    • Capricorn: 27
    • Aquarius: 30
  • The sign the lot falls in is activated for the number of years associated with that sign.
  • Once those years are up, the next sign in zodiacal order is activated.
  • It is called zodiacal releasing because you release the significator from its fixed position
    • Zodiacal “aphesis”
  • It keeps moving forward in zodiacal order as long as the native is alive.
  • Moves at a variable rate, not fixed or constant. Symbolic.
  • For the purpose of calculation 360 day years and 30 day months are used.
  • There are also subperiods to study shorter durations.
    • Signs attributed months instead of years on level 2.
    • Each subperiod is 1/12 of the general period.
    • Four subperiods.
    • Level 3: “weeks” of 2.5 days (1/12 of Level 2)
    • Level 4: “days” of 5 hours (1/12 of Level 3)
  • For the purpose of this we will focus mainly on level 1 and level 2
    • General periods and first subperiods
    • The technique though becomes even more impressive seeing it on lower levels.
  • If Spirit and Fortune are in the same sign, move Spirit forward one sign.
Software Programs for Calculating Zodiacal Releasing

This philosophical piece by Curtis Manwaring written on zodiacal releasing and other timing techniques may help you to organize some of the concepts in your mind.

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/hellenistic/timelords.html

A takeaway from this piece could be that the times have to compound and positively reinforce one another over a prolonged enough period of time before one could see the kind of gains/positive outcomes that connote a trend of stable growth and development. A particularly bad astrological period followed by a good or even great one may just mean recovery from loss and/or modestly better outcomes.

You might also be interested in perusing the articles he's written in the "X-FILE CABINET" section that weaves the usage of ZR in the lives of various prominent people. Here is one such example.

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/x-files/charliesheen.html

Here is an article that features an analysis of the loosing of the bond and it's role/correspondence with the eminence of Arnold Schwarzenegger

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/x-files/arnolds-eminence.html

You'll find a lot more character and life analysis using this technique on this website, which I'm sure you will find very useful.

JUPITERASC

I still have to study ZR's.
ZODIACAL RELEASING

Peak Periods

• The signs that are angular from the Lot of Fortune are more active and important
  • Coincide with periods of heightened importance and activity when activated.
    • What I call “peak periods”
  • When you start from Spirit and it comes to angles from Fortune these are career peaks
  • When you start from Eros and it comes to angles from Fortune relationship peaks
  • Periods of heightened importance and activity are not necessarily positive.
    • Just more active and more important.
  • Peak periods tend to stand out in a person’s chronology.
  • True especially in general periods, but also in subperiods.
Angular Triads

• Peak periods do not happen in isolation
  • The sign that comes before a peak period builds up to and prepares for the peak
  • The sign after the peak period carries forward and brings to completion these themes
  • This cluster of three signs is known as an angular triad.
    • Term introduced by Schmidt to name something implicitly used in ancient astrology.
  • You must look at periods as a sequence with a beginning, middle, and end.
Interpreting the Quality of a Period

• The quality of a period is primarily determined by:
    • Planets in the activated sign
    • Planets aspecting the activated sign by square or opposition
    • The condition of the ruler of the sign.
  • I tend to emphasize planets in or aspecting the sign more than the ruler.
    • Other astrologers focus more on the ruler.
    • Valens initially seems to favor the ruler, but in the examples focuses on the sign :smile:
  • The benefics and malefics primarily dictate the subjective experience of the period.
    • If it is experienced as more subjectively positive or negative.
    • The starting Lot you release from provides the context.
  • Important to use sect to determine the most positive and negative planets.
    • Day chart: Jupiter most positive planet, Mars the most negative.
    • Night chart: Venus the most positive planet, Saturn the most negative.
    • The other benefic and malefic are more moderate in their inclinations.
  • The signs angular to the most positive planet will be experienced as the most positive
    • The signs angular to most negative planet experienced as most negative.
    • Angular here means in the same sign, square, or opposed by sign.
    • Sign-based aspects from the benefics and malefics.
  • See where most positive and negative planets fall in the angular triads.
  • Is the most positive planet angular from Fortune, or the most negative planet?
    • Peak periods can be active, but not necessarily experienced as easy or positive.
  • Are benefics activated in the build up period or the cool down phase?
    • Malefics in the build up period or the cool down phase?
The Loosing of the Bond :smile:

• Occurs in some of the signs that are longer than 17 years.
  • On the subperiod it completes the cycle through all 12 signs.
  • Instead of starting the cycle over again, it jumps to the opposite sign.
  • Resumes cycle from opposite sign.
  • This is called the loosing of the bond or the breaking of the sequence.
  • Always happens about 17 and a half years into general period, but on level 2.
    • Loosing of the bond can also occurs on L3 and L4.
  • Always marks a major transition
    • In Spirit it is a major transition in the career and life direction
    • In Eros a transition in relationships
    • In Fortune sometimes a transition in body, health, or circumstances.
  • It is one of the more reliable parts of the technique
  • Often very dramatic or notable.
  • Usually marked by an L or LB in most programs.
  • There are a few different scenarios of what occurs.
  • Foreshadowing period
    • The loosing of the bond is the second time that sign is activated.
    • The first time it is activated 8 years earlier often offers a preview of the LB
    • Sometimes the person almost does something but doesn’t finish/follow through
    • When the LB happens they follow through the second time around.
    • Chris discovered this through working with clients.
Other Stuff

• Lots of other stuff we can’t get into here.
  • There are many other interpretive principles.
    • Completion period
    • Culmination period
    • Activating the ruler of Spirit
    • Activating the ruler of the general period
  • Not necessary to go into all of that here.
  • Most of it is dealt with in Chris’ full 18-hour lecture.
Miscellaneous

kaktuzz website calculates ZODIACAL RELEASING free

most reliable :smile:

JUPITERASC

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129244 :smile:
House systems are relatively new in astrology.
If you believe the Zodiac is 27,000 years old
then it's only been in the last 1,500 years or so
that house system were used.
Sumerian star lists always begin with Pisces.
The last time Earth was in Pisces was 25,000 BCE.
That suggests, but doesn't prove, the Zodiac
was created around that time.
It's possible the Sumerian created the Zodiac
then worked backwards to identify the ages.

Still, that begs the question, "Why Pisces?"
If the Sumerians created the Zodiac during the Age of Taurus
why not work backwards to Taurus and stop?
Why keep going to Pisces?
Or, why not go beyond Pisces?

Did something important happen around 25,000 BCE?
By the time Earth entered Pisces again around Year 0
the Sumerians had been dead and gone for ~1,900 years.
Anyway, you don't really need a house system
and the ancients didn't use one.

I don't see where they really add anything, except complications.
Progressions were calculated differently than modern astrologers do
and they were only used for mundane charts, not personal charts.
A slow planet can never aspect a faster planet
unless the slow planet is retrograde.
I've never seen anything of any importance in a progressed chart,
except in two cases.
One is when a planet changes signs
and the other when a planet in an applying aspect changes directions.
You don't need a progressed chart for that.
All you need is an ephemeris and it'll take you all of 5 minutes
to see if there's anything important to note.
The reason I say a planet "chasing" another
is because that's what's happening.
You're chasing something you'll never get:
wealth, power, fame, good fortune, good relationships, good health, career
or whatever those planets signify in your chart.

JUPITERASC

magic_lantern.png

JUPITERASC

Thank you JUPITERASC! :)

Btw I have one silly question:innocent:

I noticed, that house cusps aren't important (they aren't taken into account) in harmonics charts (ASC & MC only matter)

1) is it "better" to use "no houses" in these Harmonics charts(?)
= to start the chart with 0° Aries on the left and just place ASC and MC wherever they fall(?)
(astro.com does this):
https://i.imgur.com/DAwH3Lh.gif

2) or is it visually(?) better to start the chart with ASC on the left and use whole sign houses from ASC?
https://i.imgur.com/475rYA6.png
(I pre-set this second option for now, because I did it recently for Dwadamsa D12 chart; but I'm not sure if it's possible/convenient also for Harmonics charts?)
Since you say houses are not important for Harmonics charts
then no need to use them - but others may have other opinions :smile:

conspiracy theorist

05-13-2018, 04:09 PM

Re: A new twist on Modern Psychological Astrology

I personally find ancient psychology more coherent. As long as people understand that neither in no way comprises the entire scientific field of psychology, which is not monolithic in any case, there should be no problem.
Insofar as I understand the term "modern psychological astrology," it was a school of thought spearheaded by Liz Greene in the 1970s, although with roots in the earlier theosophical movement. Howard Sasportas, Stephen Arroyo, Alice Howells, and Richard Idemon would be other examples. Karen Hamaker-Zondag authored a book titled Psychological Astrology in Dutch in 1978, translated into English in 1980. However, I think of her today as being much more pragmatic.

The further back in time we go, the more psychology seems to be conflated with early American psychology as a kind of branch of philosophy. (See, for example, the books by Dane Rudhyar.)

Psychological astrology went on to become heavily invested in Carl Jung's thought.

The main problem I have with this is that today in North America, Jung is pretty much taught only in specialized institutes, not in comprehensive college and university psychology departments; except in historical perspective. Jung and Freud were not scientific in the sense of basing their claims on controlled clinical trials. They were far more impressionistic, introspective, and anecdotal. There is no clinical evidence for Jung's collective unconscious or synchronicity, for example, so far as I know.

Academic psychology today is increasingly based on neuroscience. And they're the ones turning out most of the psychology grads who go into a clinical or counseling practice.

In Canadian provinces and US states, practicing psychologists have to have at least a Master's degree in psychology or an allied field like social work. They need so many clinical hours, where they work with clients under the direction of a supervisor. They have to pass a provincial/state licensing exam.

If an astrologer does this, then yes-- s/he would be a qualified psychologist. What it takes to become a qualified astrologer is still up for debate and totally unregulated, beyond the occasional fraud who gets arrested for bilking clients out of large sums of money.

Anything goes chat thread? Nah.

JUPITERASC

New trad crush, JA?
All you need to do now is thank all his posts
Hahahaha nice tactic
And that's why bots don't cry.
Oh oh the next bait and switch is coming
Hello all, new here.
I'm very interested about the sad case of 15 year old Nora Quoirin who is missing in Malaysia. I did some very rudimentary forensic astrology using the time she was discovered missing August 4th 2019 0800 Seremban, Malaysia
I don't know much about forensic astrology - but from what I've read, it's important to get the time last seen, and the individual's birth data.
I'd be interested if anyone else wishes to discuss and explore this.
Thank you in advance all :)
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1001413&postcount=3
Hi CancerMoonMissy,

Another name for forensic chart is mundane chart. You need only the date, time and location the individual was last seen (or heard if it was a phone call).

The placement of the Ascendant Ruler will tell you whether the person is alive or not, and other things like whether one person or more than one person were involved.

I have found that midpoints may be of great value not so much in chart interpretation but in clarifying circumstances.

If the person is dead, chart indicators will tell you if the body might be recovered. It sometimes hints at the identify of the criminals, not by name but by characteristics.

Iced8Ace

If you can take a detour from the astro stuff, maybe this book will help you see a perspectives where mistakes are not only tolerated, but sought after.

http://kgt.bme.hu/files//BMEGT30M400/Taleb_Antifragile__2012.pdf

You only have your eyes on teaching? With Venus ruling the 10th I'd want to keep an eye on her, too. Especially if she has somehow other sigs. that make her more career ready --- I just rechecked your chart, Venus is angular, exalted and ruling the MC degree in 9th sign --- that gives more range than teaching for sure, and would indicate a high ranking career in Venusian matters, if you are going with Lily's rules.

Yep, Sag Merc and same age. Why do you like Sag Merc's generally?

I see.... I'll leave you to your business where that is concerned. Frisiangal is very learned in medical astrology, maybe you could contact her and ask her what is the best literature on the matter.

That's cool, I'll check it out when I can. I'm cool with making mistakes. I want to give the best education possible. That won't happen if I'm uneducated.

Thank you for looking. Mentioning Venus put a smile on my face--I like fashion! Though I lack the experience and the know how so I honestly think, who am I to say I'd be any good. Sag Mercs tend to get to the point, (my modern side talking) which is awesome.

I will, thank you. Where do you hail from?

Whyyy.

Thanks a lot, Jupiter!! I'm going to look into it!

conspiracy theorist

That's cool, I'll check it out when I can. I'm cool with making mistakes. I want to give the best education possible. That won't happen if I'm uneducated.

Thank you for looking. Mentioning Venus put a smile on my face--I like fashion! Though I lack the experience and the know how so I honestly think, who am I to say I'd be any good. Sag Mercs tend to get to the point, (my modern side talking) which is awesome.

I will, thank you. Where do you hail from?

Whyyy.

Thanks a lot, Jupiter!! I'm going to look into it!

Why? I was acknowledging the fact that you are going to keep observing, since there are so many theories that the way to figure out which one is right is for experience to be the barometer. It's why I prefer actual chart demonstrations and comparing notes as opposed to debate, since one can find a lot of plausible and justifiable reasons for the particular school that they adhered to. Intelligent people are found on both sides of the trad/mod landscape, so something else is going on as to why people choose one camp over another. Modern traditional astrology (yeah yeah) seems to attract people who prefer less equivocation, are result oriented and who apply Occam's razor to their astrology, since they prefer to use no more than is necessary for chart delineation.

Thanks, I've had some teaching experience and it helped me to realise that an ability to be clear and crisp in meaning is preferable to confusing people with complex language, meandering from the point or introducing two contradictory statements without the requisite theoretical grounding that would allow for reconciliation of those viewpoints. It was secondary education, but if I do end up on the teaching circuit again I'd prefer to teach adults.

If you lack the experience and the know-how, yet still enjoy it - why shoot yourself in the foot before you've even started walking? That's not fair to yourself.

I'm from Jamaica

Last edited: