Video Game Thread

The Ram

Figured I'd start this for me and the fellow gamers here. I've always liked them, but my 5th house (house of recreation) is by far my strongest house.

Games I recently bought and have been playing:

Halo 4
Witcher 2

Ps3
Twisted Metal
Nino Kuni Wrath of the white Witch
Resistance 3
Shadow of the colossus and Ico hd collection

All of these games rock.

akshat005

I recently played these games that I like most. Final Fantasy VII,Grand Theft Auto: Vice City,Half-Life 2,Halo 2,Super Metroid and many more.

The Ram

Half Life 2 and Final Fantasy 7 are 2 of my favorites. It's too bad they don't make Final Fantasy's that good anymore. I'm really hopeful for Final Fantasy 15 though, which is coming for playstation 4. It looks amazing.

The_Saturnian

Resident Evil saga. I've played all up to 4. I no longer play them because I don't get them where I live now. :(

My favourite all timer has to be Perfect Dark for N64.

Phoenix Venus

Half Life 2 and Final Fantasy 7 are 2 of my favorites. It's too bad they don't make Final Fantasy's that good anymore. I'm really hopeful for Final Fantasy 15 though, which is coming for pjlaystation 4. It looks amazing.

I totally agree regarding the progression of the ff franchise. I'm into a lot of the (now old school) rpg games... xenosaga, dark cloud, dragon quest, oblivion, etc... i have a ps3 but idk, just haven't found any games that strike me with that same kinda feeling... they all seem a bit more hollow now.. (though i admit i only gave skyrim about an hour or two try) maybe its just part of getting old haha.. I'm open to suggestions though for good rpg games on ps3... the only ps3 game I've really dug so far has been grand tourismo... lol :)

multiple

Account Closed
i'm also a fan of old rpgs from the same era,its nice to see some appreciation for that period, normally when other gamers mention old skool rpgs they talk about nes/snes days, I didn't even know what a jrpg was back in those times! haha.

at the moment i'm on/off playing final fantasy 13. I have 13-2 which i'll probably move onto after that. I became really addicted to minecraft for a year or so, but my enthusiasm has kind of burnt out a bit now,since there isn't much new being added these days.

I would love a powerful enough pc to play planetside 2. that game is awesome, and free!
i'm kind of into collecting old retro games too, although I don't really have much of an impressive collection yet.

The_Saturnian

I played it for a few hours then I uninstalled it. It was alright.

I really prefer the old single player ones though. I loved both of those games. Bioware should make a new one.

Darth Nihilous is most definitely one of the biggest badsses in Star Wars history.

Yes Kotor 1 & 2 were brilliant! I had them too. Did you play the extra level on Yavin 4 in Kotor 1? The lightsabres you picked up there were of a unique colours and significantly powerful. You could probably kill Luke and Vader with those at the same times.

Phoenix Venus

That's not too old school. The stuff I really like came out a generation before that. Xenogears, Grandia, ff7, Lunar TSS and Eternal Blue. Xenosaga was decent but I don't think it held a candle to xenogears. To this day Xenogears has the best characterization and story of any game I've played. You can buy Xenogears and Grandia from the ps store, not sure about Lunar...

For stuff this gen Dragon Age Origins was a fantastic american rpg and for japanese rpgs Nino Kuni Wrath of the White Witch is really good. Nino Kuni is developed by the same guys that made dark cloud and the animation is done by studio ghibli who put out anime movies like my neighbour totoro and spirited away. Its the best jrpg to come out in forever.

Yes level 5 !!!! I got nino kuni this evening and am about to play now, waiting for the game to install in english. Soo excited :) thanks for the suggestion.