A couple of basic questions....

SagiCap

What does a synastry tell you - and then what does a composite tell you?
What would you make if you wanted to know if 2 people will meet again?

Lastly, can you do this while one of the partners has no birth time? (It would be a 12pm chart.)

Thanks so much.

Inside Out Orange

A synastry chart tells you how the two people relate to each other. So if one person has the moon conjunct the other's sun then it means they will have a good understanding of how that persons acts emotionally and feels.

A composite chart is said to describe the relationship. It's just the midpoint of each pair of planets. So a Aries Sun with a Leo Sun creates a composite Gemini Sun, so the relationship will be seen by outsiders as communicative and friendly (e.g. Gemini traits).

It also allows you to understand how the partners feel about the relationship. So if one partner had Gemini Saturn and the other Libra Saturn creating a composite Leo saturn, and this happened to be conjunct the natal sun of the Leo partner; that partner might find the relationship all a bit heavy and restrictive despite the appearance to others of the relationship as being light and fun.

You can do the charts without knowing birth times, but of course you're working with less info. You still get to know all the aspects (conjunctions, trines, sextiles) but you won't know how the Ascendents/Midheavens are affected or what houses planets fall in.

As for whether two people will meet again ... the composite chart may give good indications; I doubt the synastry chart will. But the individual charts might also show where a partner has something due to happen in their life.

high voltage

If you make a synastry without knowing birth times, don't forget the moon won't be at its right place, because this planet moves so quickly. And that's a shame, because moon/ascendant contacts are really important in relationships ...

SagiCap

A synastry chart tells you how the two people relate to each other.

A composite chart is said to describe the relationship.

Exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you. And yes, it will be a basic outline, but it's hard to say "hey baby, what's your sign .... AND BIRTH TIME?" :love: lol!

Last edited:

SagiCap

If you make a synastry without knowing birth times, don't forget the moon won't be at its right place, because this planet moves so quickly. And that's a shame, because moon/ascendant contacts are really important in relationships ...

Thanks - specific and very helpful. It's a shame because this particular person I am thinking of - we have quite a few planets in same signs - one that I remember at exact same degree too.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

Exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you. And yes, it will be a basic outline, but it's hard to say "hey baby, what's your sign .... AND BIRTH TIME?" nowadays. lol!

But if it's on a social networking site you CAN make up your own survey and slip a What time were you born question in. lol. Yes, I've done that and it worked! :biggrin:

pudinnpop

Sorry to butt in here but when using no birth time ,so we use a noon chart??..And if NOT how can u draw one up without a birth time,i too have the same problem with men,u cant exactly say YO YO YO WASSSUPPPPPP,GIMMIE UR BIRTHTIME BABY!!..LOL

SagiCap

Sorry to butt in here but when using no birth time ,so we use a noon chart??..And if NOT how can u draw one up without a birth time,i too have the same problem with men,u cant exactly say YO YO YO WASSSUPPPPPP,GIMMIE UR BIRTHTIME BABY!!..LOL

LOLOL! I can't stop laughing really! I just know that you can have basic natal descriptions with a noon default time. As the kind and knowledgable Mr. Inside Out Orange noted, you can do a synastry or composite without birthtime, but some data (like houses) won't be apparent unfortunately.

Inside Out Orange

Now my question is this...how do u do that put both asc there??Keep guessing a time untill unknowns shows up as that asc??

Depends how good you are at maths as to whether you have to work it out. At sunrise the Sun will be on the Ascendent, at noon it will be on the MC. If you know what sign Venus is in, you should be able to work it out from there.

Or you can use a program like Astrolog which will allow you to advance a chart at whatever rate you want e.g. 5-min intervals, hours etc.

As for using noon. People just use that because it gives the mid position for the moon that day, and of is closest value for any time of birth. (If you used dawn then late night births would be 18+ hours out).