Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 01-20-2020, 11:50 PM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
Jesus Christ is said to be image of the invisible God. (Col. 1:15) Adam and Eve were created in the image of God (Gen. 1:27). Unlike in idolatrous religions, images are not manifestations of God, but representations. This is common sense - a picture or a painting of yourself is not you, though it is something like you and is able to represent you.
The standard counter-argument is that man created God in his own image, to place himself on a pedestal above all the other animals. Jesus said, "As you do unto to the least of these[*] so you do unto me"-{Matthew 25:40}

[*The words "my brethren" are usually included , and used as an excuse that he was talking ONLY about Believers in need. But, it could just as easily been a term of address, since it was the brethren he was admonishing. This excuse is used by those who care ONLY about the welfare of fellow Christians.]

Unread 01-21-2020, 12:00 AM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
The standard counter-argument is that man created God in his own image, to place himself on a pedestal above all the other animals. Jesus said, "As you do unto to the least of these[*] so you do unto me"-{Matthew 25:40}

[*The words "my brethren" are usually included , and used as an excuse that he was talking ONLY about Believers in need. But, it could just as easily been a term of address, since it was the brethren he was admonishing. This excuse is used by those who care ONLY about the welfare of fellow Christians.]
Psalm 145:9? Proverbs 12:10? Matthew 5:46-48? BibleThump brother.
Unread 01-21-2020, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Psalm 145:9? Proverbs 12:10? Matthew 5:46-48? BibleThump brother.
Same excuse?
Unread 01-21-2020, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Same excuse?
Excusing what? Are you implying that the Bible says you should only care for fellow believers in light of Psalm 145:9, Proverbs 12:10 and Matthew 5:46-48 among host of other passages? Now not providing for your own is morally wrong in 1 Timothy 5:8 and all cultures I am familiar with, indeed one may say that such a preference is natural and biblical!

Last edited by petosiris; 01-21-2020 at 12:31 AM.
Unread 01-21-2020, 12:29 AM

It's back to Saturn: If you don't work, and serve the elite, too bad for you. That's how "the Fittest" is now defined.
Unread 01-21-2020, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Excusing what? Are you implying that the Bible says you should only care for fellow believers in light of Psalm 145:9, Proverbs 12:10 and Matthew 5:46-48 among host of other passages? Now not providing for your own is morally wrong in 1 Timothy 5:8 and all cultures I am familiar with.
I meant that SOME avowed Christians are applying it only to their own version of "Christians". Does "your own", include all of humanity, just your own relatives, or even just those who Believe as you do?

Also, are animals other than humans included in "the least of these"?
Unread 01-21-2020, 12:39 AM

Quote:
I meant that SOME avowed Christians are applying it only to their own version of "Christians". Does "your own", include all of humanity, just your own relatives, or even just those who Believe as you do?

Also, are animals other than humans included in "the least of these"?
Do you read the Bible as a whole, or are you building ideas on single paragraphs? Also he says the ''least of''. Can't twist those words like that.
Unread 01-21-2020, 12:45 AM

Are you saying that it is sinful to care first for your family and relatives (1 Timothy 5:8), second for your neighbours (Matthew 25:40), third for your enemies (Matthew 5:46-48 - note that he doesn't say you should stop loving your neighbour), and fourth for animals (Proverbs 12:10) in a post-Fall, post-Flood world? Do you have children? You probably invested more in them than in feeding animals.
Unread 01-21-2020, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Are you saying that it is sinful to care first for your family and relatives (1 Timothy 5:8), second for your neighbours (Matthew 25:40), third for your enemies (Matthew 5:46-48 - note that he doesn't say you should stop loving your neighbour), and fourth for animals (Proverbs 12:10) in a post-Fall, post-Flood world? Do you have children? You probably invested more in them than in feeding animals.
I'm saying just the opposite.
Unread 01-21-2020, 12:59 AM

Christianity developed as a valiant attempt to counteract the bad effects of Saturnian rulership during this Age of tropical Capricorn. That's why it arose when the Age began. It also prophesises the end of Saturn's Age-rulership.
Unread 01-21-2020, 01:05 AM

"That still small voice" can be compared to "that still hard-to-see planet" corresponding to the rulership of the Age of Aquarius.
Unread 01-21-2020, 01:13 AM

Sorry to interrupt, but does a Taurus sun placement with a certain planet is a high likelihood for developing obesity in their lives? My own mom who is a Taurus is obese now at age 68, but she used to be a smoker and developed COPD (Lung disease).
Unread 01-21-2020, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
Sorry to interrupt, but does a Taurus sun placement with a certain planet is a high likelihood for developing obesity in their lives? My own mom who is a Taurus is obese now at age 68, but she used to be a smoker and developed COPD (Lung disease).
You can't "interrupt" a Random Thoughts thread! It's random.

Most would say obesity is a genetic predisposition. Smoking does cut down on the urge to eat, and many who quit smoking gain a lot of weight.
Sun Taurus isn't necessarily self-indulgent. Where's her Jupiter in relation to her Sun?
Unread 01-21-2020, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
COPD has a number of possible causes. Smoking is only one of them. Living and/or working around polluted air, especially petrochemical emissions, is a major cause.
Unread 01-21-2020, 04:51 AM

Saturn/Pluto STILL conjunct, 43 minute Orb!

Last edited by david starling; 01-21-2020 at 04:55 AM.
Unread 01-21-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Saturn/Pluto STILL conjunct, 43 minute Orb!
What does this mean to individuals. I mean is this a good thing? I have Jupiter in my sun for 12 months. I feel u grateful but I canít see anything amazing. Not as amazing as it was when it was last in my sun 12 years ago
Unread 01-21-2020, 07:45 PM

Another question: what chart should I put up if I want to know about certain issues with people in new career/job. I assume it would be a career thread?
Unread 01-21-2020, 07:50 PM

Royal Peter Phillips UK Queens eldest grandchild
is currently being paid for advertising milk in China

since this thread is text only
if interested

search online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post

May I ask why you brought up Prince Harry’s Nazi-costume past?
Is it to show he is not exempt from criticism?
I don’t look up to him at all because he hasn’t exactly had to fight for anything in his life. His perspective is coming from within a life of extreme privilege and respect, which he didn’t have to earn. On a soul level, he will be a baby and personally quite immature. I do like he is protective of his Mum and that tragedy has taught him to question the establishment but plenty of children lose parents, are abandoned by the other parent and subsequently subjected to a life of abuse and poverty - no £2million pocket money, loving father and respect from everyone in sight. So he’s not exactly a hero and if I met him I would probably think he was extremely ignorant.
The statement from the Queen which said they will no longer use their royal titles was misleading. Although PH&MM will no longer use them, they have not been stripped of them legally. Maybe it’s a technicality so they can keep receiving funding for their security.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 01-21-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
What does this mean to individuals. I mean is this a good thing? I have Jupiter in my sun for 12 months. I feel u grateful but I can’t see anything amazing. Not as amazing as it was when it was last in my sun 12 years ago
I feel Saturn Conj Pluto in Capricorn is a very bad combination. Saturn's both a slow mover, and is going to retro back towards Pluto again, later in the year, even after it separates Direct more than 5 degrees. It won't move closer to Pluto than 3 degrees, the next time though.

Last edited by david starling; 01-21-2020 at 07:57 PM.
Unread 01-21-2020, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I feel Saturn Conj Pluto in Capricorn is a very bad combination. Saturn's both a slow mover, and is going to retro back towards Pluto again, later in the year, even after it separates Direct more than 5 degrees. It won't move closer to Pluto than 3 degrees, the next time though.
Oh noooo!! Why donít u think itís good? Even with Jupiter hanging around?
Unread 01-21-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Oh noooo!! Why donít u think itís good? Even with Jupiter hanging around?
Classical planets are overrated.
Unread 01-21-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Classical planets are overrated.
Whatís classical? Jupiter?
Unread 01-21-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
What’s classical? Jupiter?
They are too fast to be used reliably with transits. Also they lack vast distance from the Earth. This is basic physics. A small child sitting at the end of a see-saw can exert a force greater than or equal to a much heavier child sitting closer to the center.
Unread 01-21-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
They are too fast to be used reliably with transits. Also they lack vast distance from the Earth. This is basic physics. A small child sitting at the end of a see-saw can exert a force greater than or equal to a much heavier child sitting closer to the center.
Ok see what u mean. Thanx
Unread 01-22-2020, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Royal Peter Phillips UK Queens eldest grandchild
is currently being paid for advertising milk in China

since this thread is text only
if interested

search online
Diana, Princess of Walesí niece, Lady Kitty Diana Spencer, has now been reported to be endorsing a rival brand of milk in China.

She is extremely beautiful and elegant looking, just like the late Princess of Wales was - but she is endorsing the milk industry, which forcibly impregnates cows and also contributes to the murder of them, so I hope the cow species wonít mind if I refer to her as a cow. 🐮

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 01-22-2020 at 12:40 AM.