Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vedic Astrology

Vedic Astrology For discussions on Vedic astrology only.

Unread 08-01-2011, 05:28 AM

Rahu in the Fifth House- Bad Luck

Dear Friends,

I visited an astrologer and found that I have Rahu in the Fifth house. He said I have terrible luck in marriage and I have a serpent in me. I will later look like a snake. Is this true? Im having sleepless nights.

Unread 08-26-2011, 11:14 AM

Re: Rahu in the Fifth House- Bad Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by girtania View Post
Dear Friends,

I visited an astrologer and found that I have Rahu in the Fifth house. He said I have terrible luck in marriage and I have a serpent in me. I will later look like a snake. Is this true? Im having sleepless nights.
is rahu the north node of the moon?
Unread 08-26-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Dear Friends,

Oh dear, didn't he say anything else? I mean, there really has to be more going on than that. Of that I am sure!

Sleep peacefully, hon. Nothing can be judged like that from just one point in a chart, Vedic, Modern or Traditionally speaking.

That's like saying if you have Saturn in the 5th you won't have kids or some such simpleton statement.

Blessings,

Anachiel
Unread 08-30-2011, 05:47 AM

Thanks Anachiel,
with further inspection, i am actually a female born under the Ashlesha star. seems like its the worst start to be born in, however for females some say its mahalaksmi her self. Isnt that contradicting ?
Unread 08-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Banned

Rahu in fifth house really create problem for whole life and it is true.
You must prayer to Lord shiv daily. Om namah Shivay is the best jap for it.
Unread 08-31-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Dear Friends,

A single statement of Rahu in 5 does't mean anything. Rahu has many functions both good and bad as any other planet has in the zodiac. Before interpreting the role of Rahu the whole horoscope should be studied , like in which sign rahu is placed, in which star he is sitting , which are all the planets aspecting or conjuncting Rahu , where is Rahu in navamsa and above all the entire strength of the chart . So relax . I have seen Rahu doing lot of good to natives in the different field of activities

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8422007/Im...ysterious-Rahu

Kannan

Last edited by Kannan; 08-31-2011 at 08:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kannan For This Useful Post:
Moog (05-03-2012)
Unread 09-05-2011, 10:04 AM

Thanks Kannan

with further inspection, i am actually a female born under the Ashlesha star. seems like its the worst start to be born in, however for females some say its mahalaksmi her self. Isnt that contradicting ?
Unread 09-05-2011, 12:02 PM

girtania

I will not accept any blank statement be it Rahu or Ashlesha star being good or bad. In fact I have seen girls born under Ashlesha star reaching top positions in Maths. and computer field and enjoying a comfortable family life. Lord of Aslesha is Mercury and Mercury is for brain and knowledge . Depending on where he is placed and for which house/sign he is the owner, Mercury will control your chart. In vedic astrology one God/Goddess is assigned to each planet or star so that the native will worship the particular Diety to strenghten the hands of the planet

Regards

Kannan
Unread 05-02-2012, 08:38 AM

Also, the condition of Rahu makes a difference:
-the particular nakshatra it is in relative to the Moon's nakshatra in the natal chart
-the functional benefic or functional malefic quality of the planetary lord of the sign Rahu is in (if the lord is a functional malefic, it will tend to cause a - Rahu, if the lord is a functional benefic, it will tend to cause a + Rahu)
-the avastha (posture) of Rahu
-planetary aspects to Rahu (net influences either + or -, or mixed)
-the situation of Rahu relative to the Sun (combust = - influence upon Rahu)
-ideally also, the ashtakavarga count for Rahu

These indications need to be summed, then one can make a more likely correct determination whether Rahu is a functional benefic, or a functional malefic, in the given chart, and thus whether or not Rahu's placement in the 5th house will favor, or inhibit, good fortune regarding the matters connected with that house...
Unread 05-02-2012, 06:50 PM

my rahu is in 8th house of cancer. House lord moon is also placed there lol! two bigger enemies???

To the original poster - I wouldn't be too worried about what was said, all you can do is live your life the best way you know how! We all go through ups and downs and we can't always blame it on our birth stars and planets.

I do wonder why the astrologer told you that you will start to look like a snake?? that's seems highly unbelievable! lol

Ariesgurl
Unread 05-03-2012, 03:54 AM

I have natal Rahu in the 8th house, in (tropical) Aries, along with Venus-yet Rahu has been very favorable for me, and has contributed to help out Venus (I consider Venus to have been largely benefic in my life: for example, my late wife and I were together for 40 years!) So, in the end, it is as I have posted above: its conditional to the specific indiviual chart, and the blending of influences regarding each and every element of that chart, in determining delineative indications and meanings...
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:20 PM

inline

In Tropical zodiac stars and their functions are not generally considered.What is it you want to know

Kannan
Unread 05-04-2012, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inline View Post
I'm new to Vedic but find it interesting. I'm a woman with the Ashlesha star too (in hindu) but Purva star + Venus (in tropical)?
What is the difference?

Depends upon which underlying matrix you want to give credence to: ie, whether the tropical zodiac or the sidereal zodiac; it also depends upon which ayanamsa you decide to use in order to determine the nakshatra: most Vedic practitioners use Lahiri (a few use Raman), some Western siderealists use Fagan-Bradley (a few use the Gleadow)...so, it all depends upon what you-based on your knowldge and insight-decide to give give credit to, or which you decide to test out for yourself!

Tags
house, luck, rahu