Pluto in our lives

Judy_AzVirgo

Finally I finished University and now I'm healing people. This might be my ascendant in Virgo, Pluto in Ist house and Chiron in 8th house. My 3rd house is in Scorpio.

Actually, I am a little perplexed as nobody of you like money. :lol:
I believe, that money means power and that strong Pluto in the chart gives also this kind of ambition. Unless there are other planets involved, like Neptune for instance.

Good for you! Healing does seem to be associated with Pluto/Scorpio in some ways, and it is wonderful that you're expressing Pluto in your 1st house that way.

I'm surprised, too, that so many Pluto people aren't into money. Maybe it's other kinds of "wealth," as Ilene and Emma have said, that are more important. Also, of course, one's approach to money would be mirrored in the 2nd-8th houses. Maybe Pluto in, or ruling, one's 2nd house would give a person more of a money fixation? But then again, that would mean that a lot of Libra rising people would be fixated on money, and I'm not sure I really see that. So.... don't know.

Blackempress

The discussion is becoming very interesting! :joyful:

I am attracted to mysteries, too. As I remember, I was interested in astrology, but also other esotheric things. Actually, I had a ''bed'' period when I was in some way attracted to the darker side. Even now I reason often of it. It is stronger than me.

When I was younger, I used to read Ian Fleeming and stuff like that. I wanted to become a detective or a police-woman. :rightful:

But I was too ambitious. :sick: Finally I finished University and now I'm healing people. This might be my ascendant in Virgo, Pluto in Ist house and Chiron in 8th house. My 3rd house is in Scorpio.

Actually, I am a little perplexed as nobody of you like money. :lol:
I believe, that money means power and that strong Pluto in the chart gives also this kind of ambition. Unless there are other planets involved, like Neptune for instance.

Money obsession might be Virgo or Chiron in 8th. :smile:

Blackempress

Good for you! Healing does seem to be associated with Pluto/Scorpio in some ways, and it is wonderful that you're expressing Pluto in your 1st house that way.

I'm surprised, too, that so many Pluto people aren't into money. Maybe it's other kinds of "wealth," as Ilene and Emma have said, that are more important. Also, of course, one's approach to money would be mirrored in the 2nd-8th houses. Maybe Pluto in, or ruling, one's 2nd house would give a person more of a money fixation? But then again, that would mean that a lot of Libra rising people would be fixated on money, and I'm not sure I really see that. So.... don't know.

My Sis has PLuto in 5th In scorpio along with Venus/Saturn. She's a pscyhospiritual therapist (Psychologist but also into spiritual healing). She has exalted Mars (Cap) Sex Pluto/ Conjuct Jupiter & she's very ambitious about making alot of money which I suppose is likely with these strong aspects.

As for me I have pluto-conj Jupiter in 8th. I do WISH for alot of money but somehow I can't seem to EARN it so far. Unconscious wealth yes but I'd rather prefer the cash! :sad:

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
i looked it up, both pluto and hades were greek origin and were two different gods, pluto remained the name in the roman god pantheon, then again it was wiki and i know how they can get it wrong

Thank you for the correction.

The names are both of Greek origin, but they were not two different gods, per wiki:
Hades was also called "Plouton" (Greek: Πλούτων, gen.: Πλούτωνος, meaning "Rich One"), a name which the Romans Latinized as Pluto
Also, the mythology handbook, Myths of the Greeks and Romans by Michael Grant shows both names as the same entity. But I had it switched chronologically, in that Hades was the Greek's name for the god of the underworld, and Pluto was the later Roman culture's name for the god of the underworld.

Sorry for the confusion.

Hekate

@ Blackempress

I never heard that the money was the fixation of Virgo sign. :sideways:

I knew that all the earth signs needs material stability, which is not to confuse with the power itself.
Actually, I knew the Capricorn was that earth sign that is much more connected with money, but because it is a hard worker and it earnes. Taurus needs just ''normal'' wealth (money) to have it's house and dinner ready every day. But Virgo is the only sign of earth which is less ''in touch with earth''. Like Pisces, it is capable to give better to others who need more. Actually, Virgo is the most spiritual earth sign.

Scorpio is the only sign who is fixed with money in a way of power itself, to control better the others. Knowing that with the money it can rule. :devil:

Pluto (Hades) is the God of the Underworld...known as Devil in Cristian religion. Money rules the World as we know! :sick: I will try not to philosophize...I think that the wealth has its bed and good ''levels''. My square Pluto-Sun makes me love the bed, probably. :lol:

Judy_AzVirgo wrote:
I'm surprised, too, that so many Pluto people aren't into money.

Are you sure they are really Pluto people?

Vagabondgirl

I have Pluto in a tight conjunction to my Mercury in Scorpio in the 6th house. I think its the most prominent aspect in my chart, and because Mercury is ruler of my ASC. I go to med. school, also I love psychology. I used to study it before. Im really fascinated by murder cases and criminal psychological profiles when Im in that "mood". Also had some psychic experiences. Sometimes prone to depression and anxiety, often worried about my health. But guess thats part of being a med. student...

Judy_AzVirgo

I never heard that the money was the fixation of Virgo sign.

Me neither, Hekate.

Judy_AzVirgo wrote:
I'm surprised, too, that so many Pluto people aren't into money.

Are you sure they are really Pluto people?

You may be right. I was assuming that those who posted to this particular thread would be strongly Plutonian, but maybe not. On the other hand, I really AM strongly Plutonian, and don't care so much about money. Sag on 2nd cusp, Gemini on 8th ... more interested in learning, acquiring information.

Hekate

I'm not really fixed with money, but with money you can achive a lot. It gives you also much indipendence and maybe here is my Sun in Xth speaking. For me the independence is very important.

The ruler of my ascendant and my MC is Mercury, so learning is very important for me.

Last edited:

Blackempress

@ Blackempress

I never heard that the money was the fixation of Virgo sign. :sideways:

I'm not really fixed with money, but with money you can achive a lot..

I didn't mean "FIXATION" has to do with Virgo but it has the need to be 'financial' in some way. It values money & all the mundane so a mediocre salary might be 'it' but it's necessary. Fixation comes more with Scorpio placements I suppose.

I can go to extreme if I am in the mood. I have pluto in 8th (Lib) Conj Jup (scorpio) that makes me good at business deals & I'm very passionate about them. I can become fixated but due to my overly Neptune chart, I end up doing more for less.

Last edited:
Interesting.. these are my pluto aspects...

Sun Square Pluto 5°19
Mercury Sextile Pluto 1°01
Mars Conjunction Pluto 1°16
Jupiter Sextile Pluto 2°28
Neptune Sextile Pluto 2°06

I can feel the influence of my pluto aspects within my content for sure.. it makes me intense and at times difficult to deal with.

Aqualibra

I posed a question about Pluto in my chart in another thread and was asked to post it here. I thought Pluto fell in my 12th house but IleneK (who has been so very helpful) said it's in my first.

I'm very curious about the position of Pluto in my chart. I've read up about Pluto in the 12th house and relate to it on a very deep level.

I don't, however, understand how to read into any conjuctions, squares, trines or other aspects regarding my Pluto.

Can anyone take a look at Pluto in my chart and help me understand it?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_chana_peppers_12044_7936.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_chana_peppers_12044_7936.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 29

Judy_AzVirgo

Well, I think what Ilene said was that by using whole signs, Pluto is in your First. Using Placidus (or Koch), Pluto's in your 12th... but either way Pluto is conjunct your Ascendant, so you read the two as one.

The main deal with Pluto in your chart is that your Ascendant and Pluto are at the apex (focal point) of an angular, cardinal T-square involving Saturn and Mars. Tense, but very dynamic. So many very successful people have T-squares in their chart!

A T-square confronts you with issues that may initially block you (especially in youth) from becoming the person you need to be -- and then the T-square urges you to push past those issues.

You are highly reactive to problems or pressure. Early in life, you may have been made to feel as if YOU caused various problems (maybe between mom and dad); it is so sadly common that children think they're responsible for grownups' problems! And sometimes, if the pressure built too much, maybe you crawled inside yourself (Pluto in 12th) or escaped into a fantasy world, a beautiful, idealized place (Neptune, which is a "helper" planet for Pluto in the T-square when the stress is too much to bear.)

But the opposition planets in your T-square tell you to be more objective and understand the bigger picture. As you've learned to handle the T-square energy, you are surely more motivated to resolve various problems in your life. In fact, you probably feel goaded to deal with and get past issues/problems. In adulthood, the issues have probably shifted from mom and dad to work vs home life (how to have both?), or the inner vs the outer you.

Your T-square points to relationships, especially marital-type partnerships, as a source of stability, and release from tension generated by the T.

The_Saturnian

The mystery of Pluto eh? Hmmm that’s a tough one.
I have Pluto in my 5th house being Scorpio, with the following aspects:

Sun square Pluto
Mars square Pluto
Neptune sextile Pluto
& Venus trine Pluto.

I'm not entirely sure about the latter two and their relationship to Pluto, although I can guess that Neptune (the dreamer), allows me to enjoy the benefit of spiritual enhancement but simultaneously counters this with eccentric behaviour and thoughts/notions. Possible suicidal/extreme thoughts (which I must admit, I have had for the best part of my life so far).

Venus' (in the Ascendant) aspect to Pluto here, perhaps adds a supplement to the seductive 'X' factor, and may be attributing towards my overly romantic attitude towards relationships.

Going back to the previous two, Mars & Sun squaring Pluto can cause a lot of turbulence in one's mind. Mars & Sun being fire associated planets amplify the magnitude of Pluto’s negativity in my case. Making me very pessimistic? (Clarity maybe required at this juncture).

Without drifting off on to another thread, Pluto in Scorpio has given me one good this if not nothing – A nice pair of ‘vampire’ eyes. (So someone said to me once.) On the topic of attraction I also think that it is perhaps Pluto that encourages me to entangle myself with a strange partner or a partner who has a secret(s).

Blackempress

I posed a question about Pluto in my chart in another thread and was asked to post it here. I thought Pluto fell in my 12th house but IleneK (who has been so very helpful) said it's in my first.

I'm very curious about the position of Pluto in my chart. I've read up about Pluto in the 12th house and relate to it on a very deep level.

I don't, however, understand how to read into any conjuctions, squares, trines or other aspects regarding my Pluto.

Can anyone take a look at Pluto in my chart and help me understand it?

I guess it's upto you to choose the method by which Pluto moves from 12th to 1st house & read up on their traits to delineate which one fits better.
Judy explained the T-sq manifestation nicely.

Here's something Hadyn Paul wrote about 12th H-P:
You will be internally preoccupied with your own mind and emotions, as though you are fascinated by the inner processes continually in motion; you can become morbidly obsessed with your own problems, and repeatedly circle above them, yet rarely facing them in an attempt to resolve and release such repetitive blockages. Traditionaly, the 12th house is associated with endings and the concept of karma (the law of cause and effect, action and reaction); and you are likely to suffer from feelings of guilt and patterns of self-persecution. In some ways, you will prefer to suffer as a form of expiation for unknown sins that you feel you have committed.

Certainly, you will find it difficult to come to terms fully with yourself, and to feel an inner harmony. This is made harder by the fact that you possess a psychic sensitivity to the hidden lives of others, registering their thoughts and feelings through your links with the unconscious mind. This may manifest as confusing and conflicting thoughts, feelings and impulses arising in yourself, which may well not be yours to begin with, but someone else's being received through your sensitivity. Responding to the inner suffering of others, together with a personal sense of insecurity, can lead you to prefer more privacy and seclusion, to be free of the imposition of the social psychic atmosphere. If this process becomes understood, then a form of psychic protection could be used to minimise such intrusions; and you may find that a form of inner intuitive guidance could begin to guide your life and actions.

You may need to follow some form of path or spiritual belief which can bring some clarity into your conflicting emotional patterns; a transformation on that emotional level is essential for you, to become free of those neurotic and negative emotional guilt feelings. If that could be achieved, then your inner balance would correspondingly improve. Until such time, you will maintain a distance between yourself and others, and you may find difficulty in being able to co-operate with such a variety of personalities as you can find in the workplace. Within any intimate personal relationship, try to be as honest as possible, because in such a potentially supportive atmosphere, you may have the opportunity to allow aspects of yourself to arise from the unconscious and to deal with them through the transformatory filter of the relationship.

Pluto in 1st house is more of an egotistical position.

Blackempress

The mystery of Pluto eh? Hmmm that’s a tough one.
I have Pluto in my 5th house being Scorpio, with the following aspects:

Sun square Pluto
Mars square Pluto
Neptune sextile Pluto
& Venus trine Pluto.

I'm not entirely sure about the latter two and their relationship to Pluto, although I can guess that Neptune (the dreamer), allows me to enjoy the benefit of spiritual enhancement but simultaneously counters this with eccentric behaviour and thoughts/notions. Possible suicidal/extreme thoughts (which I must admit, I have had for the best part of my life so far).

Venus' (in the Ascendant) aspect to Pluto here, perhaps adds a supplement to the seductive 'X' factor, and may be attributing towards my overly romantic attitude towards relationships.

Going back to the previous two, Mars & Sun squaring Pluto can cause a lot of turbulence in one's mind. Mars & Sun being fire associated planets amplify the magnitude of Pluto’s negativity in my case. Making me very pessimistic? (Clarity maybe required at this juncture).

Without drifting off on to another thread, Pluto in Scorpio has given me one good this if not nothing – A nice pair of ‘vampire’ eyes. (So someone said to me once.) On the topic of attraction I also think that it is perhaps Pluto that encourages me to entangle myself with a strange partner or a partner who has a secret(s).

There would be a lot of seduction factor to you from many of these starting from Pluto in Scorpio which is naturally interested in psych/sex/taboo. To add icing on that cake it's in 5th house of Romance which is a pretty strong position for it in terms of trining the MC. Pluto in 5th is about intense romances/ creativity. I've seen people produce wonderful works with that placement.

Mars Sq Pluto would give tremendous amount of energy & killer instincts. They can be controlling. There's alot of buried rage that needs vent with this esp physically- sports, sex, boxing, surgery etc. There can be cruelty associated if not evolved.

Sun Sq pluto gives deep psychological insight & survival instincts. There's alot
of need for control/power over others with this one too. Self-regeneration. Self-transformation. Self-destruction.

Venus trine Pluto is obsessional/taboo love. Intense relationships. Sexual compulsion. Passionate likes & dislikes. Obsession with money/ power/beauty/ manipulation. . An insatiable desire for pleasure and affection.

Neptune sx pluto is generational.
So you're very plutonian! :bandit:

The_Saturnian

There would be a lot of seduction factor to you from many of these starting from Pluto in Scorpio which is naturally interested in psych/sex/taboo. To add icing on that cake it's in 5th house of Romance which is a pretty strong position for it in terms of trining the MC. Pluto in 5th is about intense romances/ creativity. I've seen people produce wonderful works with that placement.

Mars Sq Pluto would give tremendous amount of energy & killer instincts. They can be controlling. There's alot of buried rage that needs vent with this esp physically- sports, sex, boxing, surgery etc. There can be cruelty associated if not evolved.

Sun Sq pluto gives deep psychological insight & survival instincts. There's alot
of need for control/power over others with this one too. Self-regeneration. Self-transformation. Self-destruction.

Venus trine Pluto is obsessional/taboo love. Intense relationships. Sexual compulsion. Passionate likes & dislikes. Obsession with money/ power/beauty/ manipulation. . An insatiable desire for pleasure and affection.

Neptune sx pluto is generational.
So you're very plutonian! :bandit:

It's funny that I'm classified as 'very plutonian', and yet I chose the name The_Saturnian. (I only chose this because according to the Vedic system, Saturn is my most prominent of all the stars in my natal chart). :lol:

But I must say that your description is very apt indeed of my behavorial traits as a person. Its is a quite an accurate account of my persona.

I actually have Saturn (also in the 5th) in my Scorpio with Pluto. This would also contribute towards my hard upbringing I experienced as a child, through to my early adulthood. :sad:

Oh well life goes on.... Lol

tautomer

I am highly plutonian. I embody it's energy, for better and for worse, and it's what I know best. My pluto has a lot of strength to it, and because of other placements in my chart it's energy is amplified.

It's hidden though. I don't wear my plutonian energy on the surface and the only people who see it are those who get close to me, or those who come in direct path of me using this.

My pluto (which is in scorpio) is in the first house. It's in a 1deg orb trine with my mars. It trines my midhaven at a 7 degree orb. It also conjuncts my scorpio moon (which is in the 2nd house). Those are the major aspects anyway that inject the power of my pluto into me. Because pluto doesn't contact my ascendent or many personal planets, this energy remains highly internalized within me. The most direct route to which someone can and does see it, is if I become a leader of some sort, or someone lets me into their mind.

Everything I do is with depth. I put so much energy and focus into what I do. With school, with friends, with life, with what I read, the music I listen to, the art I love. I always dig deep, and get to the core the best I can.

I am extremely transformative. I am ALWAYS working on self-improvement in every way I can. It's just natural; if I see a flaw within myself, it's either repaired, or destroyed. It can cause me great pain at times if I try to force myself into a zone I am not meant to be in. I am so self aware, and I can not hide anything from myself. Once I know something, it's burned into my memory and I can not forget it. It will eat at me until it's dealt with.

I also "see" into other peoples minds quite easily. I can figure out someones personality, what makes them tick, their fears, likes, dislikes, etc. in a matter of seconds. The human mind intrinsically makes complete logical sense to me, and it's connection with emotions also makes perfect sense. I find people to be highly predictable, and logical, because they intrinsically are non-predictable, and illogical. Order to the chaos if you will. Because of this gift and skill, I can be extremely manipulative, and be unseen doing it. I only use it for good, or if no one gets harmed in the way though. A lot of this ability though is more due to my 8th house stellium, but it's driven by pluto.

That's a short overview of my pluto anyway. It is definitely who I am.

Last edited:

Blackempress

I actually have Saturn (also in the 5th) in my Scorpio with Pluto. This would also contribute towards my hard upbringing I experienced as a child, through to my early adulthood. :sad:

l

Saturn in 5th is a creativity block & that is from lack of parental acknowledgement of the child's uniqueness so he/she feels unloved & is reluctant to express his individuality so there is a sense of inadequacy. 5th rules creativity, romance, children & these are the areas that are restricted. These individuals are late-bloomers for they take their time to learn the roads to expression.
With pluto in the same house there would be a craving to express/love/have children but the fear would be just as intense.
Find a creative outlet & do have children because a child can transform your life.

Blackempress

I am highly plutonian. I embody it's energy, for better and for worse, and it's what I know best. My pluto has a lot of strength to it, and because of other placements in my chart it's energy is amplified.

It's hidden though. I don't wear my plutonian energy on the surface and the only people who see it are those who get close to me, or those who come in direct path of me using this.

My pluto (which is in scorpio) is in the first house. It's in a 1deg orb trine with my mars. It trines my midhaven at a 7 degree orb. It also conjuncts my scorpio moon (which is in the 2nd house). Those are the major aspects anyway that inject the power of my pluto into me. Because pluto doesn't contact my ascendent or many personal planets, this energy remains highly internalized within me. The most direct route to which someone can and does see it, is if I become a leader of some sort, or someone lets me into their mind.

Very nice depiction. It would be fun to have a look at your chart with that keen perception/analytical ability. But Moon-Pluto aspects are natural psychologists anyways. Add a 8th Stellium, it's no surprise that you're capable of extreme manipulation.
I wouldn't really agree that you would keep the energy 'hidden'. 1st house pluto is what you wear on your sleeve. To top it Trines Mid-heaven which makes the effect visible to public without even trying.
Self-transformation & insight is Pluto in Scorpio. The entire generation are born psychologist obsessed with transmutation of themselves & others.

I loved this 'because they intrinsically are non-predictable, and illogical'.:lol:

Last edited:

Blackempress

Interesting.. these are my pluto aspects...

Sun Square Pluto 5°19
Mercury Sextile Pluto 1°01
Mars Conjunction Pluto 1°16
Jupiter Sextile Pluto 2°28
Neptune Sextile Pluto 2°06

I can feel the influence of my pluto aspects within my content for sure.. it makes me intense and at times difficult to deal with.

Can imagine these aspects to be quite, how do you say 'strong'! Would've loved to have mercury-pluto & mars-pluto myself. I suppose you come from a difficult childhood & living it out now.
What do you do for a living?