Pluto in our lives

fullmoonlibra

I hate Pluto..
It's in the 3rd house in Scorpio, opposite my Sun and opposite MC, ruling my fourth house.

But it's a part of a small talent triangle, involving Jupiter and Neptune/Mars (focal).

So it favors publishing, which I'm going to use to the fullest.

*emma*

Banned
I hate Pluto..
It's in the 3rd house in Scorpio, opposite my Sun and opposite MC, ruling my fourth house.

But it's a part of a small talent triangle, involving Jupiter and Neptune/Mars (focal).

pluto in scorpio in the third, wow! did you ever want to be a detective? i have it on my asc in virgo and scorpio third house too.
I love to try and get to the bottom of mysteries but my third house neptune puts spanners in the works.
in the third and publishing i am thinking investigative reporter!

thanks blackempress
:happy:

Blackempress

I hate Pluto..

Great! Your hatred probably stems from the relationship difficulties in the family. Quite understandable. But Pluto in 3rd house is quite an asset because it has alot of psychological insight (Esp Opp Sun) & can work well. It gives obsession about knowledge & ultimate positions of Gurus/scholars/educators/publishers. Look to the NN for the 'type'. Communication is the mode of healing so have fun!!!

pluto in scorpio in the third, wow! did you ever want to be a detective? i have it on my asc in virgo and scorpio third house too.
I love to try and get to the bottom of mysteries but my third house neptune puts spanners in the works in the third and publishing i am thinking investigative reporter!

I know a lady who is a psychologist by profession with that placement. She's also a teacher & into publishing. The Nodes can show the subject. Hers falls into Cancer so I guess it's all psychological stuff. :cool:

fullmoonlibra

Great! Your hatred probably stems from the relationship difficulties in the family. Quite understandable. But Pluto in 3rd house is quite an asset because it has alot of psychological insight (Esp Opp Sun) & can work well. It gives obsession about knowledge & ultimate positions of Gurus/scholars/educators/publishers. Look to the NN for the 'type'. Communication is the mode of healing so have fun!!!

I know a lady who is a psychologist by profession with that placement. She's also a teacher & into publishing. The Nodes can show the subject. Hers falls into Cancer so I guess it's all psychological stuff. :cool:

Pluto in third is about psychology, yes indeed. I wanted to become a researcher in Psychology. But I just quited my education Psychology.. I want something totally different now (said you, it's opposite MC, and saturn transit is on my Pluto, so time for something new).
I am columnist, so lots of power through my columns.. They say I have magic in my pen and that I juggle with words and deep thoughts :joyful:.
And Mercury in 8th house makes it all stronger.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
This might sound silly but the greek word for wealth and riches is ploutos, I know the planet was named after some disney dog LOL, but it made me think this planet should be seen as a treasure.

Hi, emma.

You are correct. Pluto is about wealth.

The planet was named for the ruler of the underworld, Pluto [Roman pantheon], or Hades [Greek]. Pluto's symbolism demands that we plumb the depths of the underworld, our unconscious, and return with the wealth of that understanding. That understanding is treasure.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hello,
....Personally, I spent about 98% of my time being confident (maybe even overly confident), and the other 2% horribly depressed and feeling like the world doesn't want me because I'm not good enough....
This feeling of over confidence could come from Sun conjunct Mars. Sun, besides portraying health and vitality, and our basic personality, is also connected with ego, will power and confidence (attributes of Leo). Mars is said to bear all those attributes, too, but in a more warrior-like sense in comparison with (His Lordship) Leo :). Of course, this gets 'tempered' by the sign the two planets are placed in, so, in a fire sign, these attributes may come out full bloom, but say in Pisces, these qualities get watered down to quite an extent.

i have it on my asc in virgo and scorpio third house too....:happy:
May I ask, if Pluto on your Asc makes you a bit, I don't know how to really say this, but somewhat of a dark countenance/ appearance? Also, can you relate to any of the following: you might have a somewhat extreme approach to Virgo attributes (like precision, cleanliness, maybe even being somewhat critical, etc). I don't know how old you are, but do you attract powerful people (I don't mean presidents of countries ;)), but people with some standing in society). Have you sometimes had the feeling of coming very close to death (in an emotional, or maybe even in a physical sense, maybe your mom had a difficult pregnancy with you), or maybe just had some 'over-bearing' difficulties (for your age)?

What sometimes people with a strong pluto (like an angular one, or one connected to the lights, Sun/ Moon) can portray is a feeling of being somewhat 'heavy and over-bearing', sometimes others maybe in awe of such people or just not find them lighthearted enough. This, of course, can be countered by say an airy Asc like Libra or Gemini, or a light and chirpy Moon (Gemini)

:)AQ7

Judy_AzVirgo

Love it! Emma and Ilene writing about Pluto's "treasure", and in the midst of that, FullMoonLibra writes, "I hate Pluto". Well... you have to get through one to get to the other.

I wonder if any other Pluto people besides me love to read murder mysteries? I am also an armchair archaeologist -- love to read about what they dig up around the world. Have never had the slightest interest in plumbing, though. Don't even have too much interest in money.

aquarius7000

Hello again,

I have native Pluto in the 2nd house, but not really interested in money, much as I treasure being financially independent. I have a tight Pluto square Moon, along with an 8th house Jup, and, yes, I have often been fascinated by the occult (just reading, that's it). I went through a phase of watching a lot of horror movies, but not into that anymore, so, yes, the dark side has had its odd attraction for me. What I am still fairly interested in is paranormal stuff.

R4VEN

I wonder if any other Pluto people besides me love to read murder mysteries? ................. Don't even have too much interest in money.

I also have little interest in money. It seems like a pointless interest to me.

But I LOVE murder mysteries. Have read all Val McDermid's books, and many of the US writers also - Patricia Cornwell, Kathy Reichs, etc.
My favourites, however, are the accounts of real murders, usually investigated by journalists. There is a journalist/writer in Australia - Robin Bowles - who has investigated, and then written books on many murders which have been either open-ended, or where the police have jumped to a hasty conclusion, just so they can say they have a result. I love the twists and turns and intricacies.

fullmoonlibra

It gives obsession about knowledge & ultimate positions of Gurus/scholars/educators/publishers. Look to the NN for the 'type'. Communication is the mode of healing so have fun!!!

You said, look to the NN, why? My NN is conjunct Sun in 9th.
Sun Taurus, NN Aries.
And you know, Pluto opposes Sun, but not NN.

Blackempress

You said, look to the NN, why? My NN is conjunct Sun in 9th.
Sun Taurus, NN Aries.
And you know, Pluto opposes Sun, but not NN.

In short "You are your philosophies". :cool:
Columnist is such a cool presentation of it!

NN shows the direction you will eventually take. The 3rd pluto Lady I mentioned had hers in Cancer so relationships were primarily her concern. With Aries you would likely propel towards motivational aspirations. Aries is about courage, survival & entrepreneurship.
It's SOUL-PURPOSE & the ultimate fulfilment area so you're really lucky for everything to work out in that sector & find happiness through your career!

Judy_AzVirgo

... I have often been fascinated by the occult (just reading, that's it). I went through a phase of watching a lot of horror movies, but not into that anymore, so, yes, the dark side has had its odd attraction for me. What I am still fairly interested in is paranormal stuff.

LOVE magic shows.... in person, not on TV... tho I haven't seen any lately. Don't care for "black magic".

Ghosts fascinate me. I guess some people think that astrology is an occult subject, and I'm definitely into that.

My husband (Moon in Scorpio) likes horror movies -- but I don't, even tho I have Scorpio rising.

*emma*

Banned
Hi, emma.

The planet was named for the ruler of the underworld, Pluto [Greek pantheon], or Hades [Roman]. Pluto's symbolism demands that we plumb the depths of the underworld, our unconscious, and return with the wealth of that understanding. That understanding is treasure.

ilenek and blackempress indeed pluto and third connection couldn't be anything but psychology and probing into the workings of the mind

ps ilenek it was hades in greek pantheon pluto in roman, i am off to google the etymology of pluto and of course after all the hard graft it would be a travesty with no treasure at the end lol

judy i love murder mysteries, and i also remember as a young child i would read the secret seven books by enid blyton and famous five and me and my friends woukd go wondering down the alleys after school at the back of our houses trying to find criminals LOL!!! then going back to our greenhouse in the garden and having biscuits and orange squash and discuss our secret findings hahah

Last edited:

*emma*

Banned
May I ask, if Pluto on your Asc makes you a bit, I don't know how to really say this, but somewhat of a dark countenance/ appearance? Also, can you relate to any of the following: you might have a somewhat extreme approach to Virgo attributes (like precision, cleanliness, maybe even being somewhat critical, etc). I don't know how old you are, but do you attract powerful people (I don't mean presidents of countries ;)), but people with some standing in society). Have you sometimes had the feeling of coming very close to death (in an emotional, or maybe even in a physical sense, maybe your mom had a difficult pregnancy with you), or maybe just had some 'over-bearing' difficulties (for your age)?

What sometimes people with a strong pluto (like an angular one, or one connected to the lights, Sun/ Moon) can portray is a feeling of being somewhat 'heavy and over-bearing', sometimes others maybe in awe of such people or just not find them lighthearted enough. This, of course, can be countered by say an airy Asc like Libra or Gemini, or a light and chirpy Moon (Gemini)

hi aquarius, most of your observations are generally true, i am overly critical of myself first before others, i tend to be overbearing and over serious sometimes and tend to dwell on things and have a problem with just chilling and letting ting things go, but thankfully i have a moon jupiter conjunction in sagitarius which is an antedote, plus im sun libra which hates all the deep heavy stuff, im brunette also but not generally dark in any other sense normally unless i let my fears take over and overactive imagination and watching too many questionable things on tv

i dont attract powerful people as far as i know but it might be said and this could be coincidence, i have a midas touch on people, i do meet and get involved with, they tend to make money, open their own business, get motivated, get wealthy promoted etc after meeting me

my birth was easy and quick apparently but i nearly died of cheese poisoning at around age two, thats all

other than that, my dad wanted a boy and wore a black tie and armband when i was born lol, old times, old different cultures, bit of drama man, ever since been apple of eye

ive also been banned from about 10 forums cos i speak my mind not sure if thats to do with pluto asc lol

Last edited:

fullmoonlibra

In short "You are your philosophies". :cool:
Columnist is such a cool presentation of it!

NN shows the direction you will eventually take. The 3rd pluto Lady I mentioned had hers in Cancer so relationships were primarily her concern. With Aries you would likely propel towards motivational aspirations. Aries is about courage, survival & entrepreneurship.
It's SOUL-PURPOSE & the ultimate fulfilment area so you're really lucky for everything to work out in that sector & find happiness through your career!

I see the columnist in me as a 3rd house issue, and becoming novelist as the 9th house soul purpose :wink:
My sun is 13 degrees away from MC, so maybe I even could get famous with my books :innocent:
But I hope that people in my life with pluto/saturn on my south node, so opposite my sun/NN will not hold me back from this life goal.

Blackempress

I see the columnist in me as a 3rd house issue, and becoming novelist as the 9th house soul purpose :wink:
My sun is 13 degrees away from MC, so maybe I even could get famous with my books :innocent:
But I hope that people in my life with pluto/saturn on my south node, so opposite my sun/NN will not hold me back from this life goal.

Be back & tell us about it! Love to know what it brings!

Hekate

The discussion is becoming very interesting! :joyful:

I am attracted to mysteries, too. As I remember, I was interested in astrology, but also other esotheric things. Actually, I had a ''bed'' period when I was in some way attracted to the darker side. Even now I reason often of it. It is stronger than me.

When I was younger, I used to read Ian Fleeming and stuff like that. I wanted to become a detective or a police-woman. :rightful:

But I was too ambitious. :sick: Finally I finished University and now I'm healing people. This might be my ascendant in Virgo, Pluto in Ist house and Chiron in 8th house. My 3rd house is in Scorpio.

Actually, I am a little perplexed as nobody of you like money. :lol:
I believe, that money means power and that strong Pluto in the chart gives also this kind of ambition. Unless there are other planets involved, like Neptune for instance.

*emma*

Banned
Hekate that is a beautiful use of pluto energies, healing people! you are truly blessed to be able to do that

I agree, there can only be a certain need for a bigger house, or houses, car, more holidays, other luxuries that money can buy, pluto drives people to make massive wealth for other reasons, power as you suggest and many use it for the good of others in many ways, most of the time, there are the few decadent waste of space ones, well maybe more than a few

yes, also, as you say a neptune influence might lead one to think money is not spiritual, hippy, important etc, thats not very helpful of neptune LOL in this day and age, well the churches dont agree haha, they preach but eg the vatican is so rich isnt it but preaches to africans to not wear condoms even if they could of aids, lovely, instead of financing their flocks treatment if they get it, does the vatican donate a tenth of its mkney to the world every year? as they tell people to do, tithes and all that?

Last edited:

*emma*

Banned
Hi, emma.

The planet was named for the ruler of the underworld, Pluto [Greek pantheon], or Hades [Roman]. Pluto's symbolism demands that we plumb the depths of the underworld, our unconscious, and return with the wealth of that understanding. That understanding is treasure.

i looked it up, both pluto and hades were greek origin and were two different gods, pluto remained the name in the roman god pantheon, then again it was wiki and i know how they can get it wrong