Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.

Unread 04-08-2009, 03:42 AM

Send a message via MSN to astrofreak
Pluto/Venus in synastry

I know that pluto/venus aspects in synastry can indicate obsessiveness, secrecy, jealousy, desire, and indicate destiny or a karmic-type relationship, depending on what aspects are made.

My question is would pluto/venus aspects also indicate sexual compatibility or sexual repulsion, again depending on the aspects made, since pluto rules sex?

Thank you to anyone who answers this question.

Unread 04-08-2009, 03:57 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to freedomlover
Re: Pluto/Venus in synastry

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrofreak
I know that pluto/venus aspects in synastry can indicate obsessiveness, secrecy, jealousy, desire, and indicate destiny or a karmic-type relationship, depending on what aspects are made.

My question is would pluto/venus aspects also indicate sexual compatibility or sexual repulsion, again depending on the aspects made, since pluto rules sex?

Thank you to anyone who answers this question.
Yes, I think there can definitely be a sexual component to that aspect. There's also a possiblity of one or both trying to control or possess the other through sex.

If the two are of higher consciousness, Venus/Pluto can indicate deep emotional bonding and forgiveness - a very solid and steady love.

FL

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
Unread 04-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Banned

I don't think it's fair to just look at one synastry contact and say that's all there is. You need to look at lots of things.....

To start with it's best to look at the individual needs of each persons chart and how they relate and what they are looking for. Astro.com does have an option composite + natal midpoint method (2) which I find helpful.

When looking at a womans chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html

Predicting marriage and/or having children can be done, but it is not easy, time consuming and intricate. There are lots of things to take into consideration like, secondary progressions, what interaspects one chart makes to another, Solar arcs, Solar returns, Transits etc

Venus conjunct other person's Pluto
There is a strong pull between these two that can be fascinating, intensely attractive, and yet also disturbing at times. These two share a deep emotional tie. The Pluto person seems to have a window into the Venus person's soul at times, and can use this special connection for better or for worse. As the relationship progresses, the Pluto person may behave in a possessive manner towards the Venus person. This is one indication of a karmic tie. This pairing of planets is one of the stronger indications of intense sexual attraction. This is a passionate connection, but should be managed so that it doesn't turn into a love-hate union. Obsessive behavior is also a possibility. The Pluto person may demand more intimacy than the Venus person is willing or capable of giving. This relationship seems to change and evolve, and can be characterized by many dramas and emotional ups and downs. Times of frustration are followed by enlightenment and release, as the bond these two share is not a light or superficial one whatsoever.

Venus in hard aspect (square, opposition, semi-square, or sesquiquadrate) to other person's PlutoIntense, and sometimes uncomfortable, attraction between these two can go either way fast. The expression "a fine line between love and hate" applies here. This connection is almost primal in nature. Sexual attraction is intense. These two will definitely need to deal with issues of possessiveness, jealousy, and volatile emotions. They arouse in one another some of their deepest insecurities, as there can be an intense fear of losing one another. This interchart aspect can sometimes be indicative of unrequited love or of a relationship that eventually breeds anger and even hatred. Power struggles and manipulation are quite possible. This is not a relationship to take lightly. If the relationship were to break up, it would be unlikely that the two would be able to remain "just friends", as the passion is hard to forget. Staying together may be a challenge as well! The Pluto person often seems to have the upper hand in this relationship, which can be unnerving and frustrating for the Venus person. Jealousies and manipulative behavior should be watched for and avoided as much as possible.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastr...o_aspects.html

Have you tried a free composite chart
Composite charts
If you go to www.astro.com click on free horoscopes, go to Interactive horoscopes, go down to Astroclick partner, that will bring up a composite chart and when you put the mouse over a planet will bring up a pop up box with the interpretation......

But you do need both times of birth to be accurate though..
enjoy.

Composites describe the relationship, not either one of you, but what you came together to learn or to do and how the 'pair of you' function when together....

Unread 04-14-2009, 05:41 AM

i went on 2 dates with a guy whose venus was tightly conjunct my pluto. at the end of date 2 i realized i wasnt attracted to him physically or otherwise. i felt no connection to him in any way, in fact he really got under my skin and annoyed me. i felt repulsed, he felt the opposite and didnt like it at all when i told him that we would be better off friends, and ended up harassing me to the point where i had to call the cops on him.

moral of the story: venus pluto connects are powerful, but not always in the way you'd like them to be.
Unread 04-14-2009, 12:42 PM

Send a message via MSN to astrofreak

Well I know the conjunction can go either way, depending on the cross aspects to it, and also the natal charts, but I was speaking of the milder aspects (sextile and trine). That energy is not as harsh as the conjunction can be or the square and pluto are, although I think you're correct in thinking that one person could still not have the same attraction for the other person.

I know someone who has pluto trine my venus and he likes me a lot but I have no feelings of intimacy for him at all. I really like him as a friend but I am certain that he wants more.
Unread 04-14-2009, 07:38 PM

Hi there,

I've been interested in Pluto/Venus aspects in synastry/composites for quite some time now. I have NPluto in H7, and Venus cj Descendant (H6-knocking on Desc's door)

I've been going through some Pluto transits since 06' and they are still in full force--All of the men that I have been involved with have had some heavy Pluto connection in both Synastry and Composite.

First guy we had a Venus/Pluto conjunction and opposition & Mars/Pluto conjunction (I was going through a Pluto square Pluto transit) this was in '06.

Second guy was a Scorpio. He had Pluto cj Ascendant (my Pluto cj'd his Asc too) and in composite we had Venus/Pluto cj exact. That relationship was the start or trigger for my tPluto opp nSun transit (which is still in full force) very difficult, transformation, control issues, intense emotions. this was '08

Third guy (who is kinda in/out of the picture) we have a friendship but there has been some sexual tension& confusion with us. We have a Venus/Pluto cj and square in synastry. Also, my moon opp his pluto. In the composite Mars cj Uranus/Pluto.

Soo....I think it's really important to see if transiting Pluto is making any sort of hit to your natal chart. I think for me, because it's in N H7, I will feel it pretty **** hard. Plus, right now, I have N Sun opp T Pluto, T Uranus opp N Pluto, Progressed Venus cj N Pluto, and pretty soon, T Saturn cj N Pluto. WEEEEEeeeee. Oh yeah, and tomorrow, T Mars opp N Pluto. Wooo Hoooo.

I think if Pluto makes heavy aspects to your natal luminaries, on or ruler of any of your angles, and is making transits, than it's huge in synastry--but if it doesn't seem like that big of a hitter natally--it might not be as intense with your synastry aspects.

Angelique
Unread 04-15-2009, 03:40 AM

Hey Astrologer50,

I was thinking if you look at a woman's mars and a man's venus, then doesn't it make sense that a woman's mars positively aspecting (e.g. conjunct) a man's venus, is actually better than a man's mars conjunct a woman's venus?

Thanks.
Unread 04-15-2009, 04:26 AM

You know what? Something else I just realized...

the most recent men (3) in three years have all had Virgo rising (both my SNode and Pluto in Virgo H7) which has left them with Mars (Aries and traditional ruler of Scorpio) ruling H8!!!

eeenteresting.

Are there any men out there that have seen the Moon/Venus thing to be true about the women they are attracted to? Any good stories?

Oooohhh any Scorpio Moons/Venus that have good stories? Or H8 stuff???

)

Angelique
Unread 04-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterseye
Hey Astrologer50,

I was thinking if you look at a woman's mars and a man's venus, then doesn't it make sense that a woman's mars positively aspecting (e.g. conjunct) a man's venus, is actually better than a man's mars conjunct a woman's venus?

Thanks.
I think either way is really quite good, but again don't take just one contact from one chart to another as being succesful, you have to look at individual needs, 7th house any planets and aspects, 7th house ruler/aspects.

Yes, potentially it's great either way around..
Unread 04-16-2009, 10:53 PM

Great thanks
Unread 05-04-2009, 02:34 PM

Send a message via MSN to MidnightxPoison Send a message via Skype™ to MidnightxPoison

My Venus square's my male friend's Pluto and I'm in love with him.. almost obsessive. :S He doesn't seem as obsessed as me though.

Is it always just the Venus person who is totally obsessive, possessive and jealous or can it go both ways??

Unread 05-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

birth chart, to Poison

Poison,

You said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightxPoison
My Venus square's my male friend's Pluto and I'm in love with him.. almost obsessive...Is it always just the Venus person who is totally obsessive, possessive and jealous
You also have to consider the birth chart as well. Since you have (transformation, also control) (energy needs to be combined with) (relationships) in your birth chart, you are a person who has a strong need to be in control in your relationships. This will be true in any relationship you are in.

Astro-basically,

Tim
Unread 05-04-2009, 08:10 PM

Send a message via MSN to MidnightxPoison Send a message via Skype™ to MidnightxPoison
Re: birth chart, to Poison

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsontc
Poison,

You said:

You also have to consider the birth chart as well. Since you have (transformation, also control) (energy needs to be combined with) (relationships) in your birth chart, you are a person who has a strong need to be in control in your relationships. This will be true in any relationship you are in.

Astro-basically,

Tim
Yes, I know. But does the Pluto feel obsessive too or is it just the Venus person? I mean, how mutual is it in synastry?

Unread 05-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Pluto, to Poison

Poison,

You asked:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightxPoison
But does the Pluto feel obsessive too or is it just the Venus person? I mean, how mutual is it in synastry?
In order for to have any new "feeling" in the synastry it must not exist by itself in either person's chart. If anyone has this aspect in their chart, then that person is already used to energies in their life and are already "comfortable" with regularly using this energy in their relationships. If neither person has in their chart, then, in general, the person will try to conrol the person. However, the entire chart has to be looked at as well to see for certain how the person acts in the relationship.

Explaining more,

Tim
Unread 05-15-2009, 04:42 AM

Here's my take on the Venus/Pluto connections. Definitely swinging back and forth between attraction and repulsion. And I would say Venus is obsessive while Pluto is possessive
Unread 12-14-2010, 07:06 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lion o ness

I have Venus sq Pluto in my Natal chart.. Ive never felt the obsessive feelings for someone, unitl I met a Pisces, who also has Venus Sq Pluto in his Natal.. In synastry neither of us Venus touches the others Pluto.. BUT in the composite we have Moon conjunct pluto and then both moon/pluto is opposite venus.. In synastry we have a both way moon trine pluto...

This is the first time I have ever ever felt this deep.. Im not a young girl here.. I didnt even feel this way for my ex husband of 11 years..

But my transits could have alot to do with it also.. Current T.Pluto is opposite my venus.... Then my venus is sq my natal pluto.. At least I can keep it to myself.

So my Pluto is all over my venus right now...
Unread 12-14-2010, 09:55 AM

I have a Pluto opposition Venus in a synastry chart with a forbidden/unrequited love. I'm the Pluto he's the Venus.

He has Pluto sq Venus in his natal as well.

We have a bunch of other good/intense aspects but I think this one is the most felt, atleast on my part.

If the Pluto opp venus is responsible for the on/off obsessive feelings then all I can say is that it's a horrible thing to deal with and tough to shake off.

A few weeks can go by and I'm fine, then it hits me like a ton of bricks.

Not fun.
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:38 AM

I obviously had this aspect in synastry with my ex boyfriend! We were together 2,5 years before I broke it off. He has it natally. But natally I have Mercury conjunct pluto and Juno conjunct pluto if it matters? I think mercury is my chart ruler because of my Gemini AC, and it rules my mars,venus,moon in virgo stellium.

My ex has the T square with Moon(leo) opposite his venus (Aqua). His venus conjunct my jupiter (aqua) and square our plutos, my mercury/juno in scorpio. No Im into someone with the same T-square and same birth date. They also have Mars square saturn and to my saturn.... Maybe some weird Karma? The ex was too intense for me I felt, loved me more than the other way around. I think also he avoided the truth alot, so I usually gave him the hard facts, which he thought was brutal. He was very emotional. The other one with same birtdate seems very distant emotionally, almost like hiding something. And not super social.

There are also nodal contacts, at least moon square my NN, and my Saturn conjunct their SN.

I read somewhere else actually that some people that had natally venus/pluto contacts or had this with an ex had often met the astro-twin of the ex too....

Im actually starting to wonder if its something deep psychological???
Its also weird in another way, because I looked at my dads chart. And I see that he has similar hard aspects to my chart, as these 2 "astro twins" Like venus (in taurus) opposing my Mercury/Pluto conjunction, and his Pluto (leo) square my Mercury/pluto (scorpio) and my Jupiter in aqua creating a T-square or even almost grand cross with the rest of it! His Moon/Mars (aqua) also squaring my saturn. My sun square his NN, his NN on my IC. Then some hard oppositions from his Sun/mercury in pisces to my Mars/Venus/Moon in virgo. And his Saturn oppose my neptune. And his jupiter conjunct my mars/venus/moon in virgo....Looks very karmic to me. And I had a hard childhood, he was very strict with me. But I think the karma is resolved now, we have a different, much nicer relationship right now.

Here is the chart (without time/AC) of my ex and the other I kind of have plutonian "feelings" for (Moon, venus/jupiter, mercury/pluto T-square):

http://astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31251

And will post synastry with my dad (Venus oppose mercury/pluto- square pluto ++)

Last edited by Vagabondgirl; 12-14-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Unread 12-14-2010, 11:04 AM

And heres the synastry of my dad and I.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D.jpg (60.9 KB, 4 views)
Unread 01-17-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
Here's my take on the Venus/Pluto connections. Definitely swinging back and forth between attraction and repulsion. And I would say Venus is obsessive while Pluto is possessive
Bingo! Perfect way of putting it,as it is like this. I have this with someone,opp my Pluto to his Venus and his Pluto making aspects to my mars,saturn,moon,composte also heavy pluto,aspecting nearly everything that matters lol.

and it is like that,hes the one that sends messages always and Im the one that is supposedly cool ( key word-in control) but Lord am I possesive about him,not to mention jealous.
Unread 01-17-2011, 11:37 AM

Venus Conjunct Pluto
Tonight—at sunset—I went down
To the bottom of the boat.
Steel doors locking behind me
Descending into his darkness
I boarded this boat, death place of fish—
What did I hope for here?
Enclosed, trapped, dark
Nothing alive survives here—
Why must I play out these feral illusions?
This siren call—
Storm tossed and wild—
Curious—
I’d set the bait myself.
He found my note, frozen in bottom of a barrel.
Come visit, he said, and I did.
He sat me down next to the helm
Overlooking the bay,
Looming large here,
He looked hard, wounded—
A bloodied hand from too much work.
“It’s all I know” he said.
He told me how in a storm he goes slow, drifts—
Rolls with the waves, and likes it.
This I like.
Whereas I go too fast—
Too passionate, I knock myself off course
Making me homesick, seasick—
Losing myself.
Eyeing me now, he wonders why I’ve come
Some flight of fancy he thinks—
Or worse—
Some flight of desperation
I know.
“Our work is similar I say—
We set the bait and hope to catch the fish—“
I pause and smile.
“There’s a difference,” he says
“I go out and net them—
You lure them in.”
“Not true,” I lied.
He smiled through stained teeth.
The light was dimming—
A narrow pink strip of hope
Appeared along the horizon.
“Where’s Venus?” I said
Knowing she was nowhere near here.
Where were the words to hide?
How far off course I’d come….
Silence descended. He shifted in his seat
And looked full-square at me;
He spoke of how a man went down to hell
To save his woman—
“Persephone” I said, “was abducted
Into hell—“
What heroic expectations
Were getting washed out here?
And would I who had come to see—
Too curious—find myself hooked and writhing
On these dank wooden floors?
“Would you like a cookie?” he asked.
Fear.
I must get home before dark, I thought,
I must get home before dark—
(c)Elizabeth Spring
Unread 01-17-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkywaygirl View Post
i went on 2 dates with a guy whose venus was tightly conjunct my pluto. at the end of date 2 i realized i wasnt attracted to him physically or otherwise. i felt no connection to him in any way, in fact he really got under my skin and annoyed me. i felt repulsed, he felt the opposite and didnt like it at all when i told him that we would be better off friends, and ended up harassing me to the point where i had to call the cops on him.

moral of the story: venus pluto connects are powerful, but not always in the way you'd like them to be.
The one whose outer planet is in connection with the other's personal planet is the controller and decides what happens. THere were probably other factors for your lack of attraction....I wonder why you went on dates with hm when you really were not attracted??? DId you think he would grow on you???? This rarely happens......without initial wham bam....
Unread 01-18-2011, 01:47 AM

I had a venus-pluto conjunction aspect with a person. He was the pluto conjuncting my venus in libra. as I remember, I was not attracted to him. He had a sensual voice (his taurus moon) but he was kind of detached, shy person at times. I didnt feel connected at all but I cannot really explain why I dated him, maybe because of loneliness since he knew that my bf had to leave the country. The pluto (outer planet) person could get into my mind and use it to his own evil purpose. The venus (personal planet) person has to be aware and stop the connection until it is late.

This person pretended to be my friend but he just wanted 'sex" and to have control over me. I didn't like it at all since I found a lot of lies from him and I just had to break up. I think that I came back to the pluto person and then said goodbye around 3 or 4 times but now I am not coming back again to him even if he knows how to connect with me telephatically. I thank astrology because it warned me of something worst. Watch out for this venus-pluto link, see if the person is civilized enough to keep the relationship, if dont, just run away because later, you will suffer from a tremendous emotional drama or paranoia

By the way, in order to see if the person has a karmic tie with you because of the venus-pluto link that you both share, you need to check first if her/his natal venus-pluto makes a good aspect (that way you see how the person is going to handle her/his love life and relationships) if the person doesnt make a good natal venus-pluto aspect, this person will have a lot of issues with you when you both share the strong venus-pluto link, mostly with the venus conjunction pluto link.

This site is good to read: http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/v...toaspects.html

Last edited by MelissaM; 01-18-2011 at 02:17 AM.
Unread 01-18-2011, 03:31 AM

My Venus is square the Pluto of my ex who I miss very deeply! It was a rollercoaster, either very good or very bad, no in between. I always had a crippling fear of losing him when times were difficult, and he would withdraw and act childish during these times.
Unread 01-18-2011, 08:48 AM

And f course Pluto is always the bad guy *rolls eyes*

has it occured to anybody that Venus can be deceptive here and ''charming'' but thats all that shell give Pluto? Pluto loves ten times more deeply than venus does,so I dont believe the love that Venus has is all that ''deep''. Pluto is afraid so thats why he is acting so cold and '' controlling'',he is far too personal to be cold.

Tags
pluto or venus, synastry