Can Someone Help Untangle a Nodal Dilemma?

riveradove

Hello!

I have a question about the rulers of my nodes and my nodes overall. I can't quite wrap my head around the nodal rulers in respect to the nodes. Does the ruler of my south node hold a beneficial tie to my north node journey, or am I seeing things? I notice the ruler of the south node is in opposition to the ruler of the north, but the ruler of the south node bi-quintiles the north node. How does this all tie together?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_riveradove.74874.15007.gif
    astro_2gw_01_riveradove.74874.15007.gif
    52.7 KB · Views: 33

rahu

Banned
hi riveradove

I think you are putting to much emphasis on the node rulers. first you have to decide what rule the nodes.sign wise western and eastern traditions different giving north node to Gemini and mercury and eastern gives Taurus sign and venus rulerships.of course this is not consderig vbarious esoteric system rulerships etc.

so without entering the philosophic games, practically with ruler of the south node biquintile the north node, also then ruler of your north node might be decile to the north node.

practically, this gives the ability to manifest or show off the style and actions of the planets in a singular ,specific reflection of your personal genius.

but practically,this pattern also shows periods where as you seem to fight yourself, and therefore bring tension fromm the environment into the fray.

rahu

riveradove

I think you're right. I may have overthought what I saw. I view my chart Western tradition not Eastern or Vedic. I just thought that when looking at my nodes, I also had to look at the rulers of the nodes to get a better grasp on what's going on.

I guess, for me, it's kind of like looking at the afterword of a novel and assuming it's more of the story . . . urm, if that makes sense. Overshooting it. Thank you, Rahu for your helpful reply.

waybread

A rule in astrology is, "The house over which a planet rules serves the purposes of the house in which that planet stands." With your NN that's Saturn, also in the 10th house of your vocation in life and public image.

With your SN the ruling planet is the sun, in Cancer in your third house.

You have kind of an amazing chart, with that gi-mongous T-square, but also a lot of planets that are extra-strong, domiciled in their own signs: moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn and Pluto. Life may be quite a stretch and stressful for you, but you can go far in life, if you want to.

kimbermoon

What if we were to consider the rulers of the Nodes according to the sign they are in. In that case then your rulers would be the Sun and Uranus, which we find are in opposition to each other. As such then, you would have to work on that opposition to balance the energies of the Nodes. The polarity of the Nodal axis falls across the 3rd and 9th Houses, which relates to communication and the intellect and the differentiation between the lower consciousness and raising the awareness to a Higher consciousness.

Node in Aquarius carries themes of independence, freedom and individuality; this is what you are needing to strive towards in this life, by showing those qualities in your outer experiences.

The Node in Leo carries themes about self-control, sincerity, trust, respect, honor and loyalty. Perhaps you depend too much on expecting these qualities to be provided by others, rather than finding the creative center within yourself.

Look to Chiron in the 3rd house as well, and you are needing to develop greater understanding and sympathy in your communications with others. The conflicts /struggles shown by the complex t-square must then be resolved in the context of the above parameters.

riveradove

From Waybread:
A rule in astrology is, "The house over which a planet rules serves the purposes of the house in which that planet stands." With your NN that's Saturn, also in the 10th house of your vocation in life and public image.

With your SN the ruling planet is the sun, in Cancer in your third house.

Ah, so this widens the scope a little further.

From Kimbermoon:
Node in Aquarius carries themes of independence, freedom and individuality; this is what you are needing to strive towards in this life, by showing those qualities in your outer experiences.

The Node in Leo carries themes about self-control, sincerity, trust, respect, honor and loyalty. Perhaps you depend too much on expecting these qualities to be provided by others, rather than finding the creative center within yourself.

Kimbermoon, you're spot on about the south node. I used to do this when I was younger--expecting others to provide Leo qualities instead of recognizing I had them within me all along. I'm starting to realize I didn't need to do that. It's a struggle, but I'm learning to listen and trust my inner self more.

You also pointed out Chiron in the third house. It's interesting. I started researching my Chiron and its aspects recently. So not only do I need to consider the Sun, Uranus, and the 3rd/9th axis, I need to consider Chiron as a big player. I saw Chiron as important, but I didn't consider it connected to the nodes as a positive way of balancing those energies.

From Waybread:
You have kind of an amazing chart, with that gi-mongous T-square, but also a lot of planets that are extra-strong, domiciled in their own signs: moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn and Pluto. Life may be quite a stretch and stressful for you, but you can go far in life, if you want to.

From Kimbermoon:
Look to Chiron in the 3rd house as well, and you are needing to develop greater understanding and sympathy in your communications with others. The conflicts /struggles shown by the complex t-square must then be resolved in the context of the above parameters.

You both pointed out the tricky t-square in my chart. Kimbermoon, you gave great suggestions to help alleviate the t-square. I think what I'll do is focus on stepping back and looking at the chart again. Tackle that t-square for one; I'm finding ways to channel that Martian energy better. Again, a struggle, but I think I can do it.

Thank you both for your helpful replies!

Last edited: