Accident Prone & Physically Fragile Nature

polypode

Hello,

I've just fallen off a ladder from two meters high going up to the mezzanine in our house that we are restoring. Well in fact I didn't fall off it as such but the ladder wasn't fixed properly so it slid off the wooden beam that it was resting on, so I slipped with it...

I guess this has motivated me to ask a few questions about my natal chart and transits which could help to understand my physically fragile and accident prone nature.

This all started at a young age, when I was a small baby my brother took me out of the cot and accidentally dropped me on my head. Luckily babies aren't that fragile and they don't break their flexible bones so easily, so it wasn't serious.

I have had quite a lot of accidents since I was a child, but I'll only describe some of the more relevant situations. In other words, situations that just pop out of nowhere and generally from behind when I'm not expecting it.

In August 2003 I had a serious accident where I broke all of my teeth (front, top) and I had an equally bad case of whip lash. I had an intuitively bad feeling just before this accident took place, so I guess I was expecting something to happen. Since then I have had extensive surgery, bone grafting under general aesthetic and implants.

Over the past two years I have had two "mysterious/unexplained" accidents where I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Each time I have had an intuitive feeling that something is going to happen but I just put it down to fear from my accident back in 2003.

On New Years Eve 2012 I was rugby tackled from behind by my partner's brother's x-girlfriend. I just didn't see it coming. She had had a bit too much to drink which explains her playful behaviour. I'm slender and not much of a rugby player myself so it was a bit full on for my frame. I fell over and hit my head/neck hard. X-Rays and IRM scans showed a traumata but luckily nothing was broken. It took me quite some time to get back on my feet and I had to have a lot of re-education, but I still experience pain. I guess it doesn't help that I have a co-genital fusion of two cervical vertebrae which makes this part of the body more fragile to neck injuries.

Astrologically speaking the interpretation that I made at the time was Uranus was transiting in direct opposition to my native Mars. (Uranus transit was in the 12th house, opposing my natal Mars in the 6th house). Being a Taurian, ascendant Aries I guess that it's not surprising that I have had repeated trauma to the head/mouth/neck area.

I was also stargazing about two months ago on a little hill during a village festival where we had gone to watch a concert with some friends. After the concert one of them decided to do a series of rolley pollies one after the other and he didn't notice that I was lying further down at the bottom of the hill. I was on my back and once again I didn't see this coming. The friend was wearing big mountain boots which abruptly landed on my ribcage. I couldn't breath and I lost consciousness. Later I realised that I had fractured ribs so I was out of action for a while.

There is a saying that things happen in threes, so I'm crossing my fingers that if this happens again I'll listen to my intuition. Despite these experiences I consider myself a lucky person.

I have a few questions;

1. When looking at accidents what do we look at? Mars, Uranus, Chiron? Anything else?

I read once somewhere that those who have Chiron in the 1st house conjunct to the Sun are generally people who go through a lot of physical suffering.
That they go through a deep process of self-healing and then become healers themselves.

2. What is a good indicator of a healers' chart?

3. Is there anything else in my natal chart that points towards this fragility with my health and/or an accident prone nature?

If there is anything else that could be shed some light I'd be happy to have your feedback.

Thank you.

Attachments

• poly_transits.jpg
    poly_transits.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 44

poyi

Premium Member
Well....to start with Aries rising, Mars Rx in Libra in it detriment placed in 6th house health and diseases, as the ruler of the ascendant also the traditional ruler of 8th house fear, death, surgery. Mars rules blood, cut, bruises, injuries.

Progressed Mars retrogrades most of the time and now in Virgo. Virgo is the contra antiscia of Libra (natal Mars in Libra). They dislike each other.

poyi

Premium Member
By modern rulership Uranus Rx placed in 8th house ruler of the 12th hospitalization. Uranus Rx sextile Mars Rx which means event related to ascendant, 6th, 8th, and 12th to occur easily but still not the most harshest event.

In traditional rulership Saturn in Libra Exalted and at DC has essential and accidental dignities but Saturn square North node and directly opposes to your Ascendant that is your physical health.

At the moment, you have Uranus Rx but at effective orb to ascendant and will be closer to conjunction square by Pluto at 10th house. So beware of public places as it likely to have accident to the physical body when the square is in exact square. You can find timing of transit Uranus and Pluto making exact square and pay attention on safety procedures. Or otherwise, you could change your hairstyle and self external appearance to manifest this transformative and sudden energy, unless you already having something going on at work or self/public image. My main concern is Uranus as the natal ruler of 12th house. Pluto being the modern ruler of the 8th.

What kind of work do you do for living? And two months ago when you had injury and the day you fell from ladder look up the Uranus Pluto square.

Last edited:

waybread

Polypode, You've got Mars and Uranus involved in a T-square with Aries rising (as Poyi noted) as well as Mercury opposite Uranus. Uranus is one indicator of sudden upsets. I wonder with Mercury in multi-tasking Gemini whether your attention sometimes wanders from staying safe. Chiron shows us "where it hurts," but also where with patience and dignity we can gain in wisdom and be a blessing to other people through our compassion and life-experience. It doesn't necessarily mean "healer" in a body sense, but maybe our compassion is enough to soothe a frightened or wounded person.

If healing in a more hands-on sense is of interest to you, I think you would do well. Your moon in Virgo in the 6th is one indicator. It is in an intercepted sign, so you may not get the momentum or traction your hope for with this career, but this doesn't mean you can't be good at it and help people. Your sun rules this house, as well.

Then Mercury is good with the hands, so think of some type of hands-on therapy through which you can channel some of your Taurean groundedness. Chiron is actually on your sun-Mercury midpoint.

Your ruler of your 10th house of career is Saturn, who rules joints and other hard tissues of the body, as well as the skin. Sitting right on your 7th house cusp, Saturn suggests you would be good in one-on-one care of patients or clients.

The ruler of your second house of money is Venus in the 12th house. The 12th rules places where people are shut-in in some way such as hospitals, so you might think about a focus on physiotherapy. But this would take some academic coursework which, at this stage of life, you'd have to consider whether you are prepared for this.

Depending upon where you want to take this, you might pursue physiotherapy, massage therapy or perhaps something more alternative.

Last edited: