Sun Conjunct Mars accident prone?

Ekim86

My question is one concerning the Sun conjunct Mars and being accident prone. I have 2 friends with the Sun conjunct mars. Both in virgo. The one friend broke his leg in a dirtbike accident. He had to have rodes, pins, screws and all that good stuff to fix it and was out of school for at least 6 months. (This happened about 5-6 years ago.) I remember also that me, him and some of my other friends were having a stick fight a few years back. In which I picked up a pretty fat stick and threw it high into the air aimlessly and as it reached the top of its height I knew it was gonna hit him. Sure enough it did. And left a pretty cute cut on his head. Nothing 2 whole bottles of that liquid band aid couldn't fix.;) Then the other friend with Sun conjunct Mars. Is almost constantly getting hurt. Broken a hand a couple of times, needed surgury. Broken foot. Broken collar bone, Slashed in the face with a knife. My oh my. Mars rules sharp objects and surgery. I have never broken a bone in my life. A few sprained ankles (clumsy sag) and maybe just a broken toe. You know when your walking along with no shoes on and you slam your toe into a table leg.:rolleyes: But thats it. Does anyone eles know someone with this aspect that can verify this. My one friend wants to join the army and I know this aspect will also help give him the strength to push on threw but maybe I should just tell him to be alittle extra careful.:D

waybread

I have sun conjunct Mars, though not closely so. Sure, I have broken a few bones, torn some ligaments, and so on, but I don't think it is anything above-average.

But I wonder how your friends' sun/Mars are aspected. I have Saturn opposite sun/Mars, so I am not such a risk-taker. My sun/Mars also trine Uranus, another accident planet, so this may have moderated things for me.
But I would think Uranus or Pluto square sun/Mars, or Chiron in the mix, would have a more difficult effect. Possibly even Jupiter square sun/Mars, as Jupiter does "take off the brakes" in life.

The last time I broke a bone, it was my ankle, while I was hiking and slipped on some ice. Intriguingly, Chiron conjuncted my Mercury in Aquarius. Mercury rules walking, Aquarius rules the ankles, and Chiron rules wounds that don't heal properly. It would be interesting to learn what transits affected your friends when the accidents happened.

danman85

I have Sun conjunct Mars, and I am very accident prone, but it's little things. I am very clumsy, I fall down my stairs almost every day, I drop things left and right, especially when I rush...but nothing major, I have had a few serious accidents, but no more than normal....I also have Sun and Mars trine Uranus, and trine Moon (in a grand trine), and Sun and Mars is opposite Jupiter...I think Jupiter would exaggerate any accident prone traits, and so would Uranus, but not in this kind of configuration....

I definitely agree that the sqares to Uranus with those planets would cause accidents....but I don't think so with just Sun and Mars alone!

iwonder

My Sun is in somewhat loose (almost 8*) but applying conjunction with Mars/Pluto. I've been ok so far. My Sun has no other hard aspects, and neither do Mars/Pluto. They sextile Neptune, and Neptune is in mutual reception with Jupiter. Kinda long chain for Jupiter to influence the conjunction.

I would be looking for Uranus connection, I think "accidents" fall under his domain.

Ekim86

Hey thanks for the relpys so far. Yes transits are prolly the best thing to look at involving this. I will dig up the date my friend got slashed in the face. That should explain alot. Anyhow I posted his natal chart. There are connections to jupiter. I can understand that jupiter takes the brake off in life, makes sense. Now that I think about it. The friend of who I posted his natal chart, his "accidents" seem to be related to violence more then anything. The scar on his face seems very typical of a scorpio rising also. I get the date of the slashing later today. I think this is a very interesting chart. Mars and sun exact conjunction. Venus 1 degree from the sun trine neptune(exact) Jupiter trining the sun and mars(4 degree orb). Couldn't this conjunction stand out more being in an angular house?

Attachments

• jameschart.gif
    jameschart.gif
    33.5 KB · Views: 40

prettypiscesxoxo

Hey there-

*Interesting* topic - my (PISCES) venus-sun-mars conjunction in H6 BOTH my sun + mars :TRINE: Uranus in H2 (scorpio),

Im EXTREMELY accident prone, especially on my feet, Im not the best runner- I have tripped on my own feet man times & have had numerous brusies, scabs to prove it although Im a good dancer & even did ameture figure skating competitions...

I fell on every body part imaginable (even my face) when trying to learn how to roller skate & ride a bike as a kid.

The aspects to other planets are VERY important as the sign & house of sun/mars- conjunctions.

ironically, I have NEVER broken a bone!
This might have to do with Jupiter conjunct my Libra Ascendant? Still learning, LUCK & optimism are important, albeit overlooked factors in life
:) Astrology, is only part of the picture.

My best advice to fellow clutzes :38:eek:ut there, lol, is keep picking yourself up no matter how many time you fall. I pushed myself to obtain better balance- dont give up, anything is possible in life!

Have a sense of humor & laugh at yourself.

xx.

Ekim86

Hey guys. I got a rough date of when my friend got slashed in the face but don't want to post it till I find the exact date. But on decemeber 20th I got a phone call from my friend that was slash in the face saying that my other friend had been stabbed. Wow thats irony right?;) He is find at that moment 15 stiches on the inside 30 on the outside. Right below his heart. God. What kinda people do I hang out with I know. Well I have scorpio sitting on the 11th with Pluto venus and mercury wide conjunction. lol Anyhow I know this is alittle off topic from "accident prone" but I figured I'd post it so we could identify the "accident" part of it. Mars crossed his natal uranus and is about 8 degrees seperating. If you read robert hand's intrup of this aspect this is why I think its our colpurt here. 8 degrees is a pretty big orb but I heard mutable signs are slower to react. Plus uranus is sudden so theres no telling when it will happen Obviously this transit comes around every 2 years but with the nature of my friends I knew something was bound to happen. Here is the Natal with transits and also a synastry chart for an easier look at that day. There are also other factors added to this outcome.

Attachments

• dustinsynastry.gif
    dustinsynastry.gif
    21.3 KB · Views: 32
  • dustin2.gif
    dustin2.gif
    39.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

MTTY05

I have Sun conjunct Mars (Virgo) but I'm not accident prone at all. At worst I'll have some minor cuts every once in a while, but other than that, nothing. I've never had a broken bone or anything like that. The worst thing I can recall was when I was 10 or so, and I sprained my ankle playing football, and it hurt to walk on for a month at the most.

aquarius7000

Sun conjunct Mars accident prone?
Astrologically speaking, this is not an aspect that makes you directly accident prone. However, Mars lends activity, energy, plus perhaps also speed, recklessness, and quite often a burning ego/desire to achieve (win whatever) at any cost, which then could obviously make you more prone to accidents in some way. The literal aspect of accidents (and accidents almost always bear the element of suddenness) is usually when Uranus and Mars aspect eachother (be it physical, or even verbal battles- say if the third house is involved in some way, as an e.g.). As always, this is the main accident aspect, but there might be other aspects to combat that proneness in the native's chart.

:)aquarius7000

HE has 'unaspected' URANUS!!!!

Sun conj mars = wilfulness

His chart lacks water element and air
5 Earth, 3 fire, 1 water, 1 air
Will PM you the lacking elements cos not sure of author therefore cannot post luv...

Plus all his earth and fire are in Earth houses, 10th Capricorn, 2nd Taurus
So he should be very very practical.
Problem with lack of air, is they make sweeping statements, foot in mouth disease and prob rubs peoples backs up, they react quickly with violence....

Saturn squre Merc suggests introspection, plus Libra moon in 11th house, procrastinating, cant make his mind up, poss argumentative, loves debates, discussions with friends, groups etc

Well hidden behind that Scorpio Asc is very analytical mind of Virgo..... but Virgo nit picks and pays too much attention to small details and forgets to look at bigger picture.

Claire19

It can be an accident prone aspect but a lot has to do with other aspects and the signs and houses. It gives a rashness and a risk taking effect and also bravery and courage. It can mean violence from other male figures or to them. Many scenarios. It is a masculine aspect even in women. I.e. pushy, dominant and "butch"

Claire19

danman85 said:
I have Sun conjunct Mars, and I am very accident prone, but it's little things. I am very clumsy, I fall down my stairs almost every day, I drop things left and right, especially when I rush...but nothing major, I have had a few serious accidents, but no more than normal....I also have Sun and Mars trine Uranus, and trine Moon (in a grand trine), and Sun and Mars is opposite Jupiter...I think Jupiter would exaggerate any accident prone traits, and so would Uranus, but not in this kind of configuration....

I definitely agree that the sqares to Uranus with those planets would cause accidents....but I don't think so with just Sun and Mars alone!

Had a few serious accidents, no more than normal???? You think it is normal????. I have never had an accident of any kind really, never broken any bones and I think that is normal but I have my chart ruler conjunct Mars and have had someone hit me accidentally on the head with an axe but just a graze.

:)

Claire19

iwonder said:
My Sun is in somewhat loose (almost 8*) but applying conjunction with Mars/Pluto. I've been ok so far. My Sun has no other hard aspects, and neither do Mars/Pluto. They sextile Neptune, and Neptune is in mutual reception with Jupiter. Kinda long chain for Jupiter to influence the conjunction.

I would be looking for Uranus connection, I think "accidents" fall under his domain.

I agree that Uranus rules sudden disruptions, catastrophes and accidents that shock and surprise. No one sees them coming. "Out of the blue"

Claire19

MTTY05 said:
I have Sun conjunct Mars (Virgo) but I'm not accident prone at all. At worst I'll have some minor cuts every once in a while, but other than that, nothing. I've never had a broken bone or anything like that. The worst thing I can recall was when I was 10 or so, and I sprained my ankle playing football, and it hurt to walk on for a month at the most.

The Virgo makes you more cautious and you are rather more timid than say an Aries with Sun conjunct Mars. So many of us sprain our ankles and that is an Uranian Aquarian thing if we noticed our transits at the time.

waybread

Claire19 said:
It can be an accident prone aspect but a lot has to do with other aspects and the signs and houses. It gives a rashness and a risk taking effect and also bravery and courage. It can mean violence from other male figures or to them. Many scenarios. It is a masculine aspect even in women. I.e. pushy, dominant and "butch"

Love you, too, Claire! I have sun conjunct Mars, and I guess you will have to ask my husband and children about the "butch" part.

But let's unpack this comment a little further. Everyone's planets are situated somewhere and somehow. A double Aries probably wouldn't find a sun conjunct Mars woman pushy or dominant. Aries might dismiss someone who was too nicey-nice as insipid. Sun/Mars in Pisces opposed by Saturn is going to behave differently than Sun/Mars in Scorpio square Pluto. "Girly" personalities are fine, but most women I know adopted a "free to be you and me" ideal long ago.

With sun conjunct Mars in the 5th I have had three minor bone fractures--nothing serious. I have never been seriously physically attacked. My big joy is wilderness recreation, but I don't go for any extreme sports.