Scorpios often militant atheists or witches/satanists yet also religious fanatics?

Darth MI

I notice so many Scorpios and Scorpio dominant are often staunch atheists who openly spew their hatred towards religion even in a public area with religious people such as church. If they aren't atheist, they often follow what is called the Lefthand Path practices-witchcraft, black magic, Satanism (or the equivalent of worshiping demons and the evil figures of local dominant religions such as Iblis worshippers in the MidEast or Rakshasha cults, etc). Basically Scorpio often tries to go against mainstream religion.

Yet paradoxically some of the biggest religious fanatics (and I mean sincere fanatics who not only would prefer death to apostasy but fast for months, whip themselves, donate all their bank savings to charity, etc) are also Scorpios or have strongly Scorpio charts! Martin Luther is the famous example I can think of. Before starting the reformation, Martin Luther was a priest who'd flog himself everyday, spend hours confessing minor sins such as unintentional taking of items and cursing, spend hours doing manual labor, and even go for entire nights without sleep because of paranoia of demons and fear of God. When he started the reformation, he became rigid about stuff the Bible says from refusing to have religious art initially because of the Commandment forbidding idols to vouching for laws to prevent the nobles abuse of peasants and expelling prostitutes who refuse to repent and closing brothels despite the town getting half its revenue from the sex trade.

I am curious why is Scorpio so extremist in regards to religion? Basically they either follow every verse in their holy book to a literal T and commit ISIS and Al Qaeda style terrorism or they join revolutions and try to fight (and die for secularism). Or possibly become worshipers of enemy Gods or join enemy religion such as sacrificing children to Moloch despite being an Israelite.

I think I read somewhere ISIS's head dictator has a Scorpio dominant chart and many Biblical Hebrews who broke the covenant and served Baal or other pagan Gods the Old Testament mentions tended to have very Scorpionic personality such as Jezebel!

Why is this?

ElenaJ

Scorpio can be fierce, but I think the aspects to the sun will be responsible for the type of exaggerated fanaticism you describe.

JUPITERASC

I notice so many Scorpios and Scorpio dominant are often staunch atheists who openly spew their hatred towards religion even in a public area with religious people such as church. If they aren't atheist, they often follow what is called the Lefthand Path practices-witchcraft, black magic, Satanism (or the equivalent of worshiping demons and the evil figures of local dominant religions such as Iblis worshippers in the MidEast or Rakshasha cults, etc). Basically Scorpio often tries to go against mainstream religion.

Yet paradoxically some of the biggest religious fanatics (and I mean sincere fanatics who not only would prefer death to apostasy but fast for months, whip themselves, donate all their bank savings to charity, etc) are also Scorpios or have strongly Scorpio charts! Martin Luther is the famous example I can think of. Before starting the reformation, Martin Luther was a priest who'd flog himself everyday, spend hours confessing minor sins such as unintentional taking of items and cursing, spend hours doing manual labor, and even go for entire nights without sleep because of paranoia of demons and fear of God. When he started the reformation, he became rigid about stuff the Bible says from refusing to have religious art initially because of the Commandment forbidding idols to vouching for laws to prevent the nobles abuse of peasants and expelling prostitutes who refuse to repent and closing brothels despite the town getting half its revenue from the sex trade.

I am curious why is Scorpio so extremist in regards to religion? Basically they either follow every verse in their holy book to a literal T and commit ISIS and Al Qaeda style terrorism or they join revolutions and try to fight (and die for secularism). Or possibly become worshipers of enemy Gods or join enemy religion such as sacrificing children to Moloch despite being an Israelite.

I think I read somewhere ISIS's head dictator has a Scorpio dominant chart and many Biblical Hebrews who broke the covenant and served Baal or other pagan Gods the Old Testament mentions tended to have very Scorpionic personality such as Jezebel!

Why is this?
Astrological generalisation is fun but unreliable :smile:

CapAquaPis

Analyze the Phelps-Roper family of the Westboro Baptist church, the late pastor Fred Phelps and his daughter Shirley Phelps-Roper are 1. Scorpios, 2. religious fundamentalists and 3. known for spouting hatred of everyone...LGBTQ people are the most common targets in their 25+ years of their nationwide pickets.