Sun-Pluto aspect

waybread

It can not be both or is not our art and science a little shaky and no wonder many doubt astrology as there is so much disagreement upon something so simple from our elders?

Hello Waybread,

I looked at the links you provided regarding the dispute about 4th/10th mother/father confusion and they did not resolve anyhting for me. Your concren that when we say that both of these houses are or can be either parent invalidates astrology, in my mind it does no such thing . It simply posits that astrology is both a science and an art where nuance and complexity is inherent, an any attempt at advancing the discipline must be open to reinterpreting older teachings. Every science reinterprets/redesigns older paradigms - we no longer teach that the Earth is the center of the solar system, we now use asteroids in interpretaion etc. It isn't that the older teachings were "wrong" but they were limited by what they could observe scientifically and what they could sense intuitively. Clearly our scientific knowledge has improved and expanded. Can I posit that intuitive abilities may be better than they were centuries ago? At first look this seems unlikely, even silly. But intuitive abilities are informed by what is in the conscious awareness as well as that which is not. I believe that as a species we are evolving. and thus it is that likely our abilities in all ares are improving (for many anyhow).

B at thelivingsky.wordpress.com

Living Sky, were you quoting me or Zadkiel's Ghost? (ZG is the one with the large blue type.) Obviously I've been arguing for some flexibility in interpreting the 10th/4th house axis.

Waybread

If you have a negative view of Uranus, it probably reflects something in your own horoscope.

No total Negative view of Uranus here, yet the Modern writers of the 1800s and early 20th century were notorious for labeling the Outers as Negative. One German writer who wrote of a book on Pluto in the 1930s even mistakenly called it a Malefic, of which in pre-1700 sources most accepted the Chaldean order and only the Greater Malefic, Saturn, and the Lesser Malefic, Mars are considered to be cast as Malefics.

Waybread

My birth time is from a hospital record and official birth certificate. It may have been rounded slightly, but not to the extent of changing the basic structure of my chart. Rectification is a dodgy business, although some astrologers claim good success with certain software packages.

Typically, unless one has diligently tested out their time of birth from the hospital they can be wrong. As Someone I have done a lot of work for in astrology told of an astrologer who was involved with their sister gave a wrong reading on their ascendant. When I rectified their horoscope it was three degrees off as they were in fact another asc.

Rectification is Not that difficult, but because of recorded hospital times on birth data many astrologers have Not studied extensively. John Frawley, author of Horary and iconic to many, doesn't give Rectification much weight. I'd like to see how he'd get very embarrassed in reading horoscopes of many born in South America or Africa where birth times may almost be unknown! Alan Leo stated '...among the royalty and wealthy magnates of Europe most were off on their birth times by 15-20 minutes..'.

Waybread

I am curious, however, ZG. How long have you been studying astrology and reading a lot of charts for people?

I completed my first astrology course over 34 years ago, and have since studied Horary around a decade and a half. I have had police officers in the community come back to me a decade latter and they marveled at my mundane predictions of the various factors of the USA that are currently manifesting. I have been studying astrology by reading books since my teenage years, as among my mother's best friends two were Modernistic astrologers who introduced me to my first course in astrology. Since my infant period in astrology I have actually lusted to study every astrology course I can find and if I disagree I critique it based upon my latter studies in Traditionalism and current interest in Medieval Astrology such as Ben Dykes is reviving.

Waybread, I would love to hear more from your experiences in Hellenistic astrology, an avenue I wish to study latter as you have delved in. And quotes from those Hellenistic mentors are quite valuable. There needs to be an authority on Hellenistic astrology on many forums!

I'm not going to rule out the Sun as the father if Nocturnal, and Saturn as the greater influence. It's like this, who is the actual leader of a company, the owner or his head manager? Who in a war is the actual leader in a true monarchy , the man on the council as minister of war or the King? In the USA the commander in chief is the President, and not the generals in the field or the Pentagon.

So the Sun if below the earth has a relationship with the father, as I constantly tell people I meet about their father from the placements below the horizon of their Sun because I do not know where Saturn is posited. And to see Saturn's influence in a Nocturnal chart I think an astrologer to truly understand the influences of Saturn representing the father must know the nativity very well. And when they have tested this out for years they instantly can tell a nativity as they delineate their map about their father from Saturn's placement.

Depending on the aspects Sun cjt Pluto as a important significator of the father whether as the monarchal King or as a secondary ruler like the head General if Nocturnal these Modernistic keywords may be applied by various means depending on beneficial aspects or afflicted.

If the Sun conjuncts Pluto and a modernistic harmonious aspect either Trine or Sextile, which astrologers(Lilly, Coley, Ramesey) in the 1600s called Perfect Love and Imperfect Love aspects respectively, is aspecting both planets we have these Modern keywords in operation.

Sun = Generosity, Dignity, etc.

Pluto = Positive Clairvoyance, Universal welfare, Transmutation, Motivation for spiritual power, Regeneration, Revivtication, Transition, etc. Transmutation, Etc.

If the conjunction is adversely aspected, afflicted, by a quartile or opposition, called a Imperfect Hatred and Perfect Hatred aspect by those prior mentioned authorities in the 17th century as I have mentioned, that the Moderns presently call a afflicted or adverse aspects then these Modern derived keywords kick in by the aspect.

Sun = Arrogant, Despotism, Lack of ambition, animalistic qualities, Ostentation, Egotistical, Tyrant, etc.

Pluto = Sensuality, Defiance, Force, Fanaticism, Dictatorial, Underworld, Self-destructive, Black Magic, Decomposition, Upheaval, Struggle, etc.

And you have to blend the Keyword of the aspect, sign, and house by this Modern method to delineate the character adequately.

There are several sources via the web of keywords derived from modernism:

http://www.universalsky.com/Articles/Astrology/Planets/keywords_rulership/pluto_in_astrology.htm

I at present Do Not know who was the first to coin the Modern Keywords but I find they work marvelously!

ZadkielsGhost

Last edited:

waybread

ZG, it would be easy to debate some of your points, or to spin off on a discussion of Hellenistic or other form of traditional astrology, but they would take us far off topic. This isn't a traditional type of thread unless we have something to say about sun-Pluto contacts.

Each natal sun-Pluto contact, in my experience, manifests differently. I think that today, rather than in Days of Yore, the sun typically manifests as one's own identity, or core sense of self. (Traditionally, the ascendant was more apt to be the "me" point.) If I see a sun-Pluto opposition, I generally don't think of the sun as Pops in this chart, but as the native's sense of identity; and Pluto represents a not-me point that tends (based on several prior threads of this nature, with lots of folks sharing,) to indicate a dysfunctional relationship with the father.

With Pluto opposite sun, therefore, it seems that the native typically experienced his/her father as a negatively Plutonian type of person.

Pluto in other aspects to the sun seems to be more internalized; with less splitting and projection of one's own Pluto nature. However, Pluto square sun people seem to internalize the inter-personal power dynamic of this planetary pair. They were often bullied as children (sometimes by a parent, sometimes by other kids,) and as adults they tend to construe inter-personal relationships in terms of power dynamics and zero-sum games. I think the power dynamic problem also applies to sun trine Pluto people; with the difference that it actually goes fairly well for them and they are apt to be the dominant partner. Sun quintile people seem to have a lot of ambition.

But ideally, Pluto isn't about who dominates whom. Ideally, sun-Pluto in whatever aspect is about self (sun) transformation (Pluto) and at a profound level. A properly functioning Pluto has a death-into-rebirth quality, like the energy of the phoenix.

R4VEN

ZG, it would be easy to debate some of your points, or to spin off on a discussion of Hellenistic or other form of traditional astrology, but they would take us far off topic.

A properly functioning Pluto has a death-into-rebirth quality, like the energy of the phoenix.
Phew ............ sanity reigns once more. :sideways:

MissScorpio

My Partner has Sun trine Pluto - he handles loss very well. He lost his Father at a young age. However, I am not suggesting that Pluto is the result of this Father's death as there are sure enough other factors too. What I have discerned is that with my Partner's Pluto trine Sun his life continously goes through masses amount of tempestuous transition, only to find that (although inconvenient at the time) Rainbows have been waiting at the other side.

And even with harsh Pluto aspects, we can find the gold that was waiting to be collected.
What I have noticed about Pluto conjunct Sun is power. These people just have a magnetic function about them, they desire power or are in power.

R4VEN

What I have noticed about Pluto conjunct Sun is power. These people just have a magnetic function about them, they desire power or are in power.
My experience with Sun-Pluto conjunct is either of having one's (rightful) power threatened or taken away, or conversely having power thrust upon them ........ probably more accurately, having power projected onto them.

ImNotThere9

My father has the Sun-Pluto opposition. Occasionally he manifests a volatile, harsh, bullying, intensely jealous nature. He loves animals and has owned many exotic, is a highly versatile hobbyist, and has worked variously as a railway engineer, mechanic, professional racer, poultry farmer and has of late begun training owls and hawks.* I am not sure of his own experience of his father, but I know my grandfather (dead for some years, but always kindly and attentive to me as a child) drank a good deal.

I have the Sun-Pluto trine, but add to that a trine to Venus, a (wide) square to Moon, a square to Mercury, Mars, Saturn and Chiron, a conjunction to North Node, and like the rest of my generation sextiles to Neptune and Uranus. (I might also mention a biquintile to my mid-heaven). Needs some untangling I guess. Will consider it later.

* All of this strongly attests, I suggest, to an innate capacity for re-imagining - for 'transforming' - his identity. Possibly the trine enables us to more harmoniously renew and heal ourselves; to bring into connection a belief in the permanence of our powers with a belief in the changing (and change-able) nature of identity. Even if this first belief, in permanence, happens to be false, those in whom Pluto is at home will have an in-born faith in their strength to will change in themselves.

Last edited:
Waybread

ZG, it would be easy to debate some of your points, or to spin off on a discussion of Hellenistic or other form of traditional astrology, but they would take us far off topic. This isn't a traditional type of thread unless we have something to say about sun-Pluto contacts.

As I understand from the OP, SunW, from the first post:

SunW

I've had a thread about the Moon Pluto aspects and some very interesting things were written there.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=62323

Now it would be interesting to learn something about the Sun-Pluto aspects. I don't have it so I don't know how it works.

I want to ask those who have any major Sun-Pluto aspect, even if it is a positive aspect about its influence. I suppose the relationship with the father and with the father's family is very important and has a great influence on the native.

Probably the father or another person from the father's lineage has something to do with police, military, psychology, the secret service. Most probably, in the lineage of the father, there are events connected with murder, major crimes and other events where some crime or something else was the cause of death or great suffering for the relatives of the native.
Also, the father might have a bad relationship with his family and the family migth be angry with him.

What is your relationship with your father or even with your grandfather (the father of your father) if you have such an aspect? And what was the relationship of your father with his own father?

Was there any manipulation or were there any dominance issues with your father or probably he used to have such problems in his family?

Underlining added by me for emphasis of the assumption that the Sun is always the dominate symbol of the father.

Waybread, in total altruistic Aquarian love and respect, as I understand the subject is not limited to Modern astrology only, even if it is obvious Pluto is an Outer planet.

The relationship of who or what symbolizes the father is also in question as you brought up the 4th and 10th influences upon who the father is and I followed.

Had the OP said '...I'd like to discuss the Pluto cjt Sun relationship dealing with the father excluding the houses that represent parentage and Saturn's relationship to the father using Modernism only...', then our emphasis upon the house of parentage and Saturn would be excluded.

However I see no boundaries in this discussion that rules out studies by the following branches of astrology regardless of our bias, prejudice(we all have preferences), dogmatism, etc., which are keywords of Jupiter:

Ancients

Hellenistic

Medieval

Traditional

Modern

Otherwise this discussion rules out the parentage factor due to the houses that also signify in who the father is.

And as stated the concepts of in a nocturnal chart Saturn has the stronger influence is overlooked.
And as is obvious the pre-1700 data on 'combustion' will be disregarded as so many Moderns after 1900 threw it out as Zadkiel in 1877 said '..he did not accept combust...' even though the first third of his book is from Lilly.

That being noted, how about some Modern Keywords of Sun and Pluto aspects?
I doubt any in the Modernistic schools of thought will deny the usage and development of 'keywords' that may aid the understanding of this aspect.

ZadkielsGhost

Last edited:

alexandre

I've had a thread about the Moon Pluto aspects and some very interesting things were written there.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62323

Now it would be interesting to learn something about the Sun-Pluto aspects. I don't have it so I don't know how it works.

I want to ask those who have any major Sun-Pluto aspect, even if it is a positive aspect about its influence. I suppose the relationship with the father and with the father's family is very important and has a great influence on the native.

Probably the father or another person from the father's lineage has something to do with police, military, psychology, the secret service. Most probably, in the lineage of the father, there are events connected with murder, major crimes and other events where some crime or something else was the cause of death or great suffering for the relatives of the native.
Also, the father might have a bad relationship with his family and the family migth be angry with him.

What is your relationship with your father or even with your grandfather (the father of your father) if you have such an aspect? And what was the relationship of your father with his own father?

Was there any manipulation or were there any dominance issues with your father or probably he used to have such problems in his family?

Hi !
I am very interested in this subject because I have a triple conjunction with my Sun, Pluto and y Ascendant (my Ascendant is between Pl and Sun in Libra)

So as a result, Pluto should have a big effect on me and my personnality.. but I find it very difficult to tell with exactness what effects it has on me... I find it Pluto very internal with me
What is it sure it' s about sexuality.. all what is said about sexuality and Pluto is completely true with me , I feel it. I am attracted by sex and all around sex (like a little perverse LOL)
But on my personality it's not so obvious : I have absolutely not the desire to dominate others and I don't find myself tyranic ... there are other points in my natal chart which perhaps contradict these effects ( for instance my Moon in Pisces)

Also, about my relationship with my father, it's completely normal, there wasn't any crime in my family

Attachments

• astro1.gif
    astro1.gif
    47.5 KB · Views: 34

JUPITERASC

Hi !
I am very interested in this subject because I have a triple conjunction with my Sun, Pluto and y Ascendant (my Ascendant is between Pl and Sun in Libra)

So as a result, Pluto should have a big effect on me and my personnality.. but I find it very difficult to tell with exactness what effects it has on me... I find it Pluto very internal with me
What is it sure it' s about sexuality.. all what is said about sexuality and Pluto is completely true with me , I feel it. I am attracted by sex and all around sex (like a little perverse LOL)
But on my personality it's not so obvious : I have absolutely not the desire to dominate others and I don't find myself tyranic ... there are other points in my natal chart which perhaps contradict these effects ( for instance my Moon in Pisces)

Also, about my relationship with my father, it's completely normal, there wasn't any crime in my family
Hi, there's a CONFUSION ABOUT PLUTO thread
at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81603&page=4 RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT section of the forum
where charts with pluto conjunct an angle and/or the sun are invited for discussion
If you post your natal chart on there that would be interesting for everyone :smile:

alexandre

Hi, there's a CONFUSION ABOUT PLUTO thread
at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81603&page=4 RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT section of the forum
where charts with pluto conjunct an angle and/or the sun are invited for discussion
If you post your natal chart on there that would be interesting for everyone :smile:

Okay with pleasure I would read this thread.
But I would like to add that I feel Pluton COMPLETELY AND INTENSIVELY I feel it and ALSO others who frequent me see Pluto.(they see THE difference)
It 's just very hard to explain with words (except intensive sex) exactly how it interferes in my personality and my life but I 'll try to do that no soucy !

Attachments

• astro1.gif
    astro1.gif
    47.5 KB · Views: 26

MissZ

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62323

If you're still interested in this; I have a biquintil aspect of Sun and Pluto. My father was in the military in Iraq and he had to flee because of Saddam's regime, threatening to kill him. He never talks about this, I think it effected him greatly. After all, he left his whole family behind in Iraq. And he is very much dominant in the family. When I was younger I respected everything he said, but now I feel he's becoming softer.

Greetings:smile:

Ambitious

I have Sun (10th house) Quintile Pluto (1st house). I did not know my father at all growing up, and to this day, have only met him a couple of times as a child. He refused parentage of me before I was even born. Supposedly, it had been said that he was connected to some unsavory people (criminal types). I do not know his lineage due to his absence in my life-I barely even know his name. Interestingly enough, I bear a strong physical resemblance to him, looking nothing like my mother.

alexandre

Hi!
I would like to correct my answer, because I hadn't thought about it when i wrote this message so I'm sorry, but yes : my great grandfather has been killed in the first WW (1914-1918) when he was a soldier (at the age of 28years old)... So I'm sorry for this oversight...
But its was in my mother's lineage (my mother's grandfather)

Last edited:
I have Sun Square Pluto. Sun is in Pisces Second house and Pluto is in Saggy in 12th house. My father was a Saggitarius and he was very overbearing and not a considerate person. He would get mad at me over trivial things and squash all self esteem in my childhood and always threatened to kick me out the house at a young age to my teens if I did "respect" him which was complete and utter obedience to his rules no matter what and dont stand up for yourself. I have Aires at 27 degrees on the IC and Jupiter conjuncting the IC. I was well taken care of but not emotionally really and my parents tried to shelter me too much and that took a toll on my social skills. Helluva lotta double standards. SATURN Also conjuncts Jupiter in 4th making no aspects to IC and I have Mars in 3rd trine my Pluto which I couldn't talk up for myself and I became a rug mat in school and when I stood up for myself and asserted myself I was always portrayed as the bad guy when I hit a bully with a hard punch.

Edit: My dad has Pluto in Virgo square his Sag Sun and he didn't really have a father growing up and had major family problems and had to go from house to house from relatives.

ravenscall

I do not have a natal Sun-Pluto aspect BUT I do have progressed Sun square Pluto and IMO, that is just as powerful as a natal because I truly feel it and have experienced my father and also Sun energy with pluto themes etc. Plus my father has Sun square Pluto in his natal chart...

The progression means that my relationship was not always tense with my father but began from a young age when I witnessed his destructive and abusive nature. This aspect creates a lot of difficulties with masculine energy for a male too, and a lot of difficulty with male figures in general. I feel quite closed off from males even though I am a male - I prefer being around feminine energy because in my life I have experienced males as abusive, which is why my psyche identifies females as being safer.
A lot of things happened in my life that led me to become private and closed off, and also felt like as soon as this aspect came into progression, I suddenly was unable to express my light and be happy. This aspect is responsible for making me feel like I cannot be in one place for too long or be known to too many people, or even anyone at all... because it is the Sun-Pluto square that makes you need to hide or control your identity and maintain privacy. There is a deep need with these aspects to remain anonymous, or pretend to hide behind a certain image because sometimes its safer.. Pluto is about SURVIVAL and to survive your ego or Sun energy sometimes it means being secretive and protecting it with all of your life force. I do not know when the aspect will dissipate in the progressed chart but what I do know is that this aspect has helped me to become a stronger person despite the hardships thrown at me.

Last edited:

R4VEN

This aspect is responsible for making me feel like I cannot be in one place for too long or be known to too many people, or even anyone at all... because it is the Sun-Pluto square that makes you need to hide or control your identity and maintain privacy. There is a deep need with these aspects to remain anonymous, or pretend to hide behind a certain image because sometimes its safer.. Pluto is about SURVIVAL and to survive your ego or Sun energy sometimes it means being secretive and protecting it with all of your life force.
That is an excellent observation, ravenscall. With Sun-Pluto conjunct in my natal I can relate to this as a lifetime drive, and my `survival instinct' is very powerful and always present.

Keep in mind also that tr Saturn's Rx motion back into Scorpio is highlighting much of these drives for those under the strong influence of Sun-Pluto - either natally, or aspecting or progressing. It is allowing us to delve much, much deeper.

Lucius22

I have Sun (9th house Aries) trine Pluto (5th house Sagittarius).

My father and I are pretty close I guess. We have a lot of deep conversations (Religion, Spiritually, etc.) He's a positive influence on me and helps me keep a leveled head. :cool:

Stubborn Virgo

My dad has a bad relationship not just with HIS family but also his wife and children. He is very distant, cold, manipulative, deceitful and dishonest. He is skilled at figuring out what a person is afraid of or anxious about and holding those fears over their head to maintain control. (He is probably a narcissist.)

There is that typical in-law battle, but much worse. Issues of abuse, fights over inheritance and taxes, etc. Very secretive, treat every conversation as if its an interrogation, collect information so they can use it against you later type. Never interested in what you're doing to better yourself unless it benefits them in some way. I am estranged from them and will be for as long as possible. It is said that victims of abuse, especially as children, may not "wake up" and realize how bad it truly is until they're adults. This is unfortunately what happened to me. But the important part is that I did wake up.

What is interesting about this, is that my Pluto-Sun aspect is sextile. Pluto sextiles my Sun, Mercury, Neptune and Saturn. Pluto also squares my Ascendant. I always assumed that the Plutonian aspects gave me a Scorpion flavor and a certain "fixed" nature that belies all of the mutable energy in my chart. I also think it plays a part in me being able to deal with/live through just about anything, no matter how awful it may be. I'm not jaded, though I have plenty of reasons to be.

As an aside, I also have Saturn Retrograde in my 12th house/Capricorn opposing my Chiron in Cancer (which is also conjunct Jupiter in Leo). And a tight Moon/Mars opposition to my MC. More than likely, it's probably not just my Pluto-Sun sextile, though it does play a part.