Part of Fortune

Summery Joy

Hey.

So.. that part of fortune or parte furntae or I don't know what else it's called.. ehem.. what is it?!?!?

Amazon1963

Sorehearted,

Part of Fortune is also called Pars Fortuna. My pars fortuna is in Virgo within a stellium (Mars, Pluto, Uranus, Juno, and Ceres) in the 9th house. Here is Arlene Kramer's interpretation of the 9th house placement.

PART OF FORTUNE IN THE NINTH HOUSE:

The person with his Part of Fortune in the ninth house usually finds expression through travel, philosophy, higher education, philosophical thought, spirituality, or publishing. He may find his fortunes far from home. This person can profit through and from people at a distance. His studies bring insights to him which he uses to help other people. This is a person who can be a natural clairvoyant as well. Most of this person's labors are mental. This is a person who is always broadening his vistas and expanding his education

Part of Fortune in VIRGO:
The characteristic style of Virgo is intellectual, analytical, conservative, and always seeking perfection. The person with the Part of Fortune in Virgo uses his mastery of details to attain happiness and success.

Her interpretation of my house placement pretty much sums it up for me.

I hope these two links help you to better understand the part of fortune...:)

http://www.panplanet.com/library/parts.html

http://www.arlenekramer.com/astrology5.asp

Amazon1963

Amazon1963

Submitted too quick and forgot to add this to my interpretation as well, knew there was a reason I brought up the stellium...

Mars and the Part of Fortune: If Mars is with the Part of Fortune, the potency of Mars will be enhanced in its more positive forms. The person with this conjunction will exhibit assertive and pioneering qualities instinctively. He will be able to focus on one endeavor at a time, and work at it by himself to completion.

Pluto and the Part of Fortune: If Pluto is conjunct the Part of Fortune, the potency of Pluto will be enhanced in its positive forms. The person with this conjunction can find happiness and success in all forms of detective work, ranging from crime solving to investigating the atom, from studying genetic engineering to manipulating DNA to cure cancer and AIDS. He can study the mysteries of life in order to transform and improve life on Earth for all mankind.

Yeppers, this describes my processes as well. I do however have an aspect re: pars fortuna that I have yet to find an interpretation for, or one that I think is accurate. That aspect being pars fortuna square my AC. LOL, most likely it means my Sag rising embraces soooo many interesting things and end up with too many irons in the fire and the Virgo qualities of the pars fortuna. Or, simpler put, that my AC likes to delve into a lotta stuff, end up with all the flotsam and jetsom and no nice compartment to put it all in, which Virgo seems to prefer. Something along those lines I'm sure. However, on all important goals, I am very adept at putting aside all nonpriorty interests and staying on task.....blah blah blah..Anyhow, I do hope the links help and others will have some great input on the topic for you...:)

Amazon1963

Summery Joy

Hey Amazon,

Thanks for your posts. You spared the forum from another question from me asking about the Arabic points :)

As it turns out, I also have my pars fortuna in the middle of a stellium. It's in leo in the 4th house. When I tried to calculate other objects as well, two of them also fell in the fourth house. Together with my moon conjuncting the ASc, I'm the most cancer-like, leo-native person in the world :D

Are you experienced with those Arabic Parts or Points? How much do they tell really? I mean, if pars fortuna is basically fortune and self expression, does that make it like a jupiter and venus at the same time? If so then, how is it any different? And if not then why is it different?

Amazon1963

Honestly and belatedly (due to the bug in the system), Sorehearted, I am a novice on all levels with astrology. However, you are very welcome for the info and hope it helps you! I wouldnt worry about boring the forum with repetitive questions either. Pretty informative and inquisitive group here who are usually very generous with answers on many topics. Sometimes your question has to wait a bit before someone pops in with an answer.

When I see a term brought up in research or in a forum, I run and go research everything I can on the subject. If I see something that might be of interest, I bring it up in the forum. If I read where someone has a question and it has gone unanswered for a period of time and I might have some information to share, I do.

Pars Fortuna, if I am correct in recalling the information, is supposed to correllate with where you will find your highest level of satisfaction or happiness. Its a mathematical point not a planet. Something along those lines...Please be sure to research the answer for yourself though! Its too important a question to be left up to a novice like me.

Your 4th house stellium is important, it is my understanding that any house hosting a stellium is important. But, the 4th house is an 'action' or angular house. Here is a site that I have found to be informative and well written. Marks stays on topic and isnt too verbose in his interpretations.

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TOClessons.htm

Personally, I use astrology to define energies that may or may not be present, but ultimately I believe it is our free will and choice that creates the energy of our success or failure. Just because we here in this forum, or others interested in astrology use it to define the most opportune time to embark on a journey, doesnt guarantee our happiness or wisdom in that choice.

I have learned that a chart isnt one point, aspect, or stellium, just as we view humans as the sums of their parts (physical, spiritual), we also need to view natal charts the same way.

May your search be insightful!

Amazon1963

Summery Joy

Hey Amazon,

Thanks for the explanation of Pars Fortunae. It is the clearest I have come across yet. This whole Arabic Parts itssue will have to wait however. I still get confused with planets and aspects sometimes, let alone mathematically derived points :shock:

BY the way, I already know the Bob Marks website and I love it! If you're interested in relastionship astrology you should check out his section about it. Check out what he calls a Marks Chart and tell me what you think.

Mary

My part of fortune is in 21º 21´ Leo in the 2nd house, conjunct the fixed star Regulus,....does that means I will win the lottery?? :lol:

Ok so seriuosly it´s placed in my 2nd house, so HOW it shows: The characteristic style of Leo is showy, grand, and generous. Leo has self-assurance and leadership ability. Leo acts self-expressively, dramatically, and creatively. The person with the Part of Fortune in Leo needs recognition from others to feel happy and successful.

WHERE? : The person with his Part of Fortune in the second house has the drive, the patience, and the endurance and willingness to use his personal assets, talents, abilities, and efforts to strive for financial success. He feels happy when he draws money, possessions, collections, to himself, and he should not feel guilty about doing so. He needs these things with which to express himself. The Part of Fortune in the second house is good for money. The person has a concern for financial security but he need never worry about it.

Also Neptune trines Part of Fortune happiness and success will come easily to the person who uses Neptune in positive ways. Positive outlets are those of metaphysics, spiritual work, the arts, music, marine life, underwater exploration, and space exploration.
(Did I told you I wanted to be an astronaut when I was a little girl?)

Saturn sextiles Part of Fortune : the potency of the positive attributes of Saturn will be enhanced, will have a serious approach to life, with a sense of determination to fulfill his destiny, and a sense of responsibility to the world.

Pluto also sextiles Part of Fortune, it sqaures my mercury so I guess me mental disposition would become in that way,...trines my MC, actually I don´t have a definition, but I guess that I will be quite popular.

Arian Maverick

I was just researching the Part of Fortune tonight, hours before I discovered this thread...and I can't even remember the last time I did so! Seriously, all of these synchronicities are starting to scare me :!:

Aquarian Maverick

foxybrown

Hello Amazon:

I'm new here and wanted to thank you for this information. My Part of Fortune is in Virgo in my 1st house and the description was pretty darn accurate. It is conjunct my Uranus and Pluto as well

"The person with his Part of Fortune in the first house is a person who was born at or just after a New Moon, and, as such, carries the characteristics of a New Moon personality. He has a strongly individual way of meeting life's situations. If he places himself and his unique achievements out where they will be seen, he should have great success and happiness. This is a person who wants to stand out in his own way. He has the charm and human magnetism of the sign on the Ascendant."

Arian Maverick

The person with his Part of Fortune in the first house is a person who was born at or just after a New Moon, and, as such, carries the characteristics of a New Moon personality.

What if you have your Part of Fortune in the first house but were born during the Balsamic Moon? :?

Aquarian Maverick