California earthquake

starlink

Re: ss

Yes Katy, I was thinking the same thing! But it could come later, you never know.

smilingsteph

I have been reading and been more interested in Geology
In this book titled Northwest Exposure by David Alt and Donald Hyndman

They address the future of the San Andreas Fault and California:
"If the Sand Andreas fault continues to move as it has during the last 15 or so million years, it will detach the part of California west of the fault from the rest of California"

So basically, Los Angeles will detach, and will become its own island (and it wont happen overnight!)

They address the earthquake issue:
"Most estimates suggest that costal areas of the Northwest should expect an earthquake of magnitude 8.5-9 about every 500-600 years." "These giant earthquakes seem likely to hit coastal areas 50-100 miles west of Seattle or Portland."

We are due! Due to Geologists the last "big one" was about 600 years ago.

The San Andreas and the Queen Charlotte faults will converge to create a new moutain range that will create a new costal range, that will basically build new mountains on the pacific coast, whiche the Cascade Mountain Range will sink and dwindle.

According to the usgs earthquake page, California had 40 earthquakes already today! http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/catalogs/eqs1day-M1.txt

So California did have an earthquake and has up to 50 per day....

Now they say that this constant release of energy in California is good along this fault. If you go North, to Portland and Seattle, it has been pretty quiet. I would rather live in a place knowing that the energy of the earth is constantly being released, than living in a place where it is building and building.

I think it would be of interest to look into the Seattle, Puget Sound areas for the "big one."

samsum78

What's interesting here in the chart is that Neptune was discovered in 1846 and the state of California established around 1850.

So California is due for a Neptune Return and it is also the first Neptune Return since the discovery of Neptune. Neptune represents the Seas in mundane astrology.

in 2010 We have T-squares coming up with Uranus, Saturn and Pluto with aspects to Natal Jupiter.

However the Aug 2010 T-Square is more powerful since Mars and Venus join Saturn as well.

From July 23rd to Aug 25 2010 this is a stressful aspect especially when dealing with the Moon Squares and oppositions.

Last edited:

Devoted

This is so fascinating. I am trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can. I have a lot of family in CA and we are flying out there this fall. (Eeek!)

Bryan

This is so fascinating. I am trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can. I have a lot of family in CA and we are flying out there this fall. (Eeek!)
:bandit:
I live in Southern California. I don't think any one here denies the possibility of a huge earthquake: it's happened many times before, and it's a risk Californians have assumed by living in the Golden State. I think the point in finding the limits of predictive astrology and the lessons learned from large-scale natural disasters is that we are just animals living off Mother Nature. Large-scale death puts life in its true perspective as just a temporary illusion of the collective's mind. Just give your life up to the cycles of Mother Nature as you unwittingly have done when you came into this world, fortify the foundations of your homes, expect neighborhood refugees, fires from broken gas lines, a lack of food and water, and all the rest that big quakes introduce to our 'sheltered' lives.

With that said, I do not want to fall victim to a collapsed roof because of some structural point that was overlooked by a deluded construction manager, but I will do every thing in my power not to be distracted by finer details in preparing for the worst while still appreciating every thing life has given me and continues to give, moment by moment.

CapAquaPis

Last month, seismologists from Caltech in Pasadena stated there's a 99% chance of an earthquake over mag. 6 to strike the Los Angeles Basin in the next 3 years, principally on the Puente Hills Fault that stretches from underneath downtown LA to Chino Hills. An increase of seismic activity along with a M5 tremor last year near La Habra confirms the likelihood of a bigger quake to come. I say citizens of the LA metro and SF Bay areas take precautions and prepare for large M6+ earthquakes epicentered close to urban areas, however, these faults are not part of the San Andreas tectonic plate boundary zone. I live near the San Andreas fault in Palm Desert and we're expecting a good-size one to occur in this section of the fault from San Bernardino/Riverside to the Salton Sea/Imperial Valley.

JUPITERASC

Erin Brockovich writes :smile:

“the enormity of the Aliso Canyon gas leak cannot be overstated.

Gas is escaping through a ruptured pipe more than 8,000 feet underground, and it shows no signs of stopping,”

according to California Air Resources Board, methane
– a greenhouse gas 72 times more impactful in the atmosphere than carbon dioxide
– has been escaping from the Aliso Canyon site
with force equivalent “to a volcanic eruption”
for about two months now.
https://www.intellihub.com/unstoppable-california-gas-leak-worst-catastrophe-bp-spill/