I hate my cancer ascendant

paxton

Banned
Hi. My ascendant is Cancer (which I don't like), but I heard that it is a weak sign and can be dominated by the planets on it. My Leo sun is on my ascendant in the first house. Does that mean I am noticeable/flashy rather than emotional and timid? Is my chart ruler the Sun instead of the Moon?
Also, do these aspects exist in my chart or are orbs too wide?
Sun Conjunction AS Orb 8°51'
Sun Sextile Jupiter Orb 5°46'

Attachments

• astro_2at_01_anonymous_76687_14774.jpg
    astro_2at_01_anonymous_76687_14774.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

waybread

Hating part of your chart seems really unproductive. When I first learned about my rising sign, it felt like I had found a really comfortable pair of shoes-- even if other people might not care for the style.

Cancer is a cardinal water sign. Cardinality gives you a certain amount of initiative. Water gives you an emotional, feeling nature. There is nothing wrong with that, and nothing necessarily weak about it. Your moon (ruler of Cancer) in Scorpio squares your sun and ascendant, which further promotes a sense of initiative. This would be further amplified by your first house sun in Leo.

Every rising sign has advantages and potential pitfalls. With Cancer rising and with challenging aspects to your moon, you may be on the moody side. When Cancer feels hurt or challenged, it tends to retreat inside its tough shell, snapping its claws occasionally. Here it can get seconded by Leo. If the lion's pride is wounded, it is liable to retreat to its den.

Because your first house indicates your presentation to the outer world, your friends may find you outgoing and fun-loving one moment, but defensive or introverted the next. Oh, well, astrology tells us that nobody is totally consistent.

People with Cancer rising have Saturn-ruled Capricorn on the DC. Sometimes this means finding True Love later in life; or finding it with an older person. Partly this happens when Cancer rising spends too much time inside its shell, or a Scorpio moon gets brooding or resentful. With Uranus-Neptune on your DC, you may feel like relationships start and end suddenly for no apparent reason; and then you are apt to blame yourself. But that's OK. You are who you are. True love never runs smooth!

Your planets are in orb. Wide, but in orb.

byjove

Account Closed
Something popped into my mind on this today; as a boy with Cancer ascendant, the world was very tough. Other boys foist on sensitivity like this. I remember an iconic moment in childhood when my parents encouraged me to play football. During a match, by accident, a ball hit me on the face. I remember just feeling pain. I knew there was negligible physical impact, but I felt pain. I did go on to winning art and poetry competitions under 10 years old, so an artist temperment in my case perhaps.

It's a poor reflection of a 'Western, civilised society' if even boys get picked on for having water ascendants. As I've grown up I've tried hard to hide emotions and sensitivity - whether right or wrong, I've been trained to think it's weakness. So, I can connect with the OP on this. I do however, consider myself as very much in training with astrology so I know more advanced astrologers can help here. A life of experience and chart work will help resolve this I think.

Last edited:

KingNoOne

And here I was going to offer counsel and support with my own tribulations as a Leo with a Cancer Ascendant. (Interesting to see such a similar birth chart to mine on here.) But then I saw that banned tag.

Adieu, if you somehow manage to read this, bite the bullet and come out better in the end. Strength persevering through hardships makes a powerful human.