Marriages?

astro.teacher

Yes. Its usually indicated by the amount of Planets found in the House, however this isnt the only indicator, the fertilty of the sign of the cusp as well as the Planets found within there also illustrate the amount. For a more fertile sign shows more than one, whereas a barren will show one or none. A mix between them both usually shows one, or two at MOST.

You should also see if there is a bi-corporal sign(Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces) on the cusp, this will indicate two marriages.

Reyka

astro.teacher said:
Yes. Its usually indicated by the amount of Planets found in the House, however this isnt the only indicator, the fertilty of the sign of the cusp as well as the Planets found within there also illustrate the amount. For a more fertile sign shows more than one, whereas a barren will show one or none. A mix between them both usually shows one, or two at MOST.

You should also see if there is a bi-corporal sign(Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces) on the cusp, this will indicate two marriages.
What exactly is the "cusp" you are referring to, please?

And by "house" you are referring to the 7th house, right?

iwonder

Carol Rushman in her book Predictive Astrology says that the number of possible marriages for a woman is suggested by the number of applying aspects her Sun makes while in its sign. For a man it is Moon's aspects. The partner can somehow be described by the aspect, and the order of aspects is the order of possible partners. I was able to confirm it looking at a few charts of people who married multiple times.

Exceptions are those whose Sun/Moon are in the last degree(s) of the sign - they can make whatever of their lives.

Moulin

well i have been married twice and will probably get married within next 3 years for a third time.

I have an empty 7th house. I have no applying aspect to my sun from planets in the same sign as my sun!

My father has 1 applying aspect to his moon and he's been married 5 times LOL

Last edited:

Reyka

Moulin said:
well i have been married twice and will probably get married within next 3 years for a third time.

I have an empty 7th house. I have no applying aspect to my sun from planets in the same sign as my sun!

My father has 1 applying aspect to his moon and he's been married 5 times LOL
Last degrees, like iwonder suggests? :p

iwonder

It is not planets from the same sign as the Sun, it is aspects your Sun makes before leaving the sign (like in horary astrology). She is not saying it is working in every instance. If, for example Uranus is aspecting Sun/Moon, relationships can be unstable. Or hard aspects to Sun/Moon can make marriage difficult, per her. Besides, other things may either confirm or dismiss the potential. My Sun makes three applying aspects, but with Saturn in the 7th, my marital status is not easy to change.

Reyka

iwonder said:
It is not planets from the same sign as the Sun, it is aspects your Sun makes before leaving the sign (like in horary astrology). She is not saying it is working in every instance. If, for example Uranus is aspecting Sun/Moon, relationships can be unstable. Or hard aspects to Sun/Moon can make marriage difficult, per her. Besides, other things may either confirm or dismiss the potential. My Sun makes three applying aspects, but with Saturn in the 7th, my marital status is not easy to change.
That is interesting.

astro.teacher

Reyka,

The cusp (in this case) is the line which indicates the 7th House. Yes, I am refering to the 7th House.

iwonder,

Thats interesting that she takes the Sun and Moon for marriage indicators. Traditionally speaking Venus and Mars are taken for this. Venus and Mars being the obvious embodiment of femininity and masculinity. I wonder what her justification for using the Sun and Moon are.

Moulin,

Planets found in this house are only one indicator of multiple marriages. Look also the cusp & its Lord. A cusp in a fertile sign (water especially) will show multiple marriages. If the Moon is involved, again, multiple marriages OR multiple egagements but called off marriages due to her wavering and inconstant nature.

Moulin

ok Aaron thanks. Well my 7th cusp is libra. Venus is exact conjunct my AC and moon, in Aries.

As far as how many aspects my sun makes before changing sign, it conjuncts mercury (combust, does that count?), conjuncts mars, squares jupiter, trines pluto, trines uranus, opposes neptune.

I make that 6 :eek: :D

I better quickly find a man.. l only have max 50 years left to marry 4 more times!

rogue_red

iwonder said:
Carol Rushman in her book Predictive Astrology says that the number of possible marriages for a woman is suggested by the number of applying aspects her Sun makes while in its sign. For a man it is Moon's aspects. The partner can somehow be described by the aspect, and the order of aspects is the order of possible partners. I was able to confirm it looking at a few charts of people who married multiple times.

Exceptions are those whose Sun/Moon are in the last degree(s) of the sign - they can make whatever of their lives.
Hmmm interesting as i have my sun at 29 deg 40' Aries. Why is it that the final deg gives an interpretation of making whatever of their lives? I always thought that the last deg was bad.

AquariusT

rogue_red said:
Hmmm interesting as i have my sun at 29 deg 40' Aries. Why is it that the final deg gives an interpretation of making whatever of their lives? I always thought that the last deg was bad.

:( I am sorry to hear that. Too many focus on the negative. The 29th degree is not bad, it is referred to as the crying degree in old astrology. But huge stars/celebrities/famous newsmakers have this degree. It is no all bad!

rogue_red

AquariusT said:
:( I am sorry to hear that. Too many focus on the negative. The 29th degree is not bad, it is referred to as the crying degree in old astrology. But huge stars/celebrities/famous newsmakers have this degree. It is no all bad!

Thankyou aquarius, I agree that there is too much emphasis on negative things. I dont know why but it seems almost vulger to speak of our strengths and talents but perfectly acceptable to discuss negative aspects.:)

iwonder

astro.teacher said:
iwonder,

Thats interesting that she takes the Sun and Moon for marriage indicators. Traditionally speaking Venus and Mars are taken for this. Venus and Mars being the obvious embodiment of femininity and masculinity. I wonder what her justification for using the Sun and Moon are.

Astro Teacher, her logic was that Venus in a man's chart shows what type of women he finds attractive. Same goes for Mars in a woman's chart with respect to men. Moon is who a man is likely to marry (astrology aside, men do tend to find a wife who is a like his mother). Oh, well, they just like to be taken care off :) For a woman, Sun represents a husband. I don't know why exactly. Sun is seen as a male figure traditionaly, so maybe that's why.

astro.teacher

Moulin,

:38: The Lord with the Moon generally indicates a few marriages. However since it is in Aries (a barren sign) its limited. You need to go through each significator and evaluate the fertility or infertility of your marriage life. A more fertile will = more marriages, a more barren = less. Indifferent signs generally indicate 1-2 marriages. I would also take Venus into consideration when analyzing these points.

iwonder,

Sorry I didnt see your reply before i posted this. I just wanted to say I can see the logic behind that. Im interested to know how that will work out in practice.

Last edited:

Reyka

It just occurred to me- what happens if the planet that aspects your Sun/Moon is retrograde?

Does that change anything?
Especially if the planet making an aspect is at the very first degrees of a Sign, ending the aspect quickly?
iwonder, what's your thinking?

Valis

iwonder said:
Astro Teacher, her logic was that Venus in a man's chart shows what type of women he finds attractive. Same goes for Mars in a woman's chart with respect to men. Moon is who a man is likely to marry (astrology aside, men do tend to find a wife who is a like his mother). Oh, well, they just like to be taken care off :) For a woman, Sun represents a husband. I don't know why exactly. Sun is seen as a male figure traditionaly, so maybe that's why.

My husband's mother is a capricorn. I have a capricorn ascendant.
But I have to say that my mother in law is luckily not very tidy...
I'm so happy about that!!!

I have three planets in my 7th house
Mars in Leo
conjunct with Jupiter in Virgo
and Saturn in Virgo
7th house cusp in Cancer

I've had one botched up engagement when I was very young, I lived with another man for a long time too, now I'm married. Married at age 27.

T

Teb

Guy I just met don't know if he has been married but he has moon at 2* in Gemini in the 7th and Venus @ 3* in the 5th in Aries. I am thinking he has been in a whole lotta relationships and marriages!:sideways::sad: