Try Not To Be White

Whoam1

First off my skin is light af(people make fun of me bc I "look like a cics white boy who is dirty" bc his is poor and/or plays has been playing the dirt- ok). But that being said I have a ******* voodoo alter in my bedroom (ironically honoring ancestors from Benin that I found out about later on as a young adult, I got into it in highschool): and indigenous artifacts n regalia all over.

The problem with y'all's processing is that you play among us irl. Sorting each other by colors like that actually means something, that's some colonialist bullshite. In my tribe white meant happy, Red (and columbus using red-skin) came from the terror associated with the people eating, annato/achote wearing- og caribbe people. (Bug protector, warpaint, sunscreen, and picking spice all in one btw- red skin was a **** down right epic advancement in human ingenuity).
Btw About 60-80 of the food in this world came from the advanced network of trading between the indigenous people. The sweet potato got to asia via trade between the Incans and the polynesian sailors btw(which explains easter island, they were a mix between the two cultures). Potatoes don't come from ireland, tomatoes don't come from italy, peppers don't come from Asia.. wake up america.

Black and while lives don't matter. ALL LIFE IS SACRED. If it were African American lives matter then we would be hitting at some core, but it's not that, in fact I see people who are closer to their african (west african specifically) roots be progressively made fun of, even by the very americanized groups that share the same melanine as them. We are one race, the human race, if anything that box should be changed to ethno-culture.
But y'all keep sorting each other and waking each other (blood n crips are just red and blue what's the difference between sorting by color alone, that's gang warfare bro), maybe you'll destroy yourselves and I'll be fine with my poor but death involved fairer skinned family living off of the land, the hell if y'all democratic people try to pin the racism on the people who helped free society from it's color coded stupidity, a cop who was once a serial killer, is still a serial killer: that's life hun).

Last edited:

Whoam1

Y'all out here being like my race is a white guy. "Facepalms". I think dolphins are more intelligent than all of the American society because ligitimate I am the only person who must have listened to the ancestors or something..

All are ******* homeosapians like tf..

Whoam1

The nature of someone with Eris' on their IC, and Uranus on their Vertex, my words are often taken that way yes. However aside it's exalted and well aspected nature, Mars isn't one of my stronger planets.

We in America founded ourselves on sagittarius principles which sort people naturally by class and ranchor; to which we came up with a system were we made ourselves color blinded. The way people physically look at someone who is albino In Any culture around the world speaks this truth (how white is too white? White enough to be killed white?).

We weren't specifically discussing astrology in that moment but sagittarius America (Tribe, Heritage, Elevation) evolved by destroying smaller tribes of people for they were physically less in numbers, this was work saw to be in favor of serving more people, this is democracy, thus "progress" allowed it. I don't believe that the voices of the one who speaks softer or with less friends should be silenced. We are a supermassive Jupiter type country, however by staying part a republic, each person gets a fairer chance of being represented (rather than silenced by law of democratic majority).

Last edited:

Bunraku

In America birthright, virtue, and class is nonexistent. Lineage is hazy at best. Instead, money, the amount of it, dictates your moral character.

Bunraku

Well anyways if I am going to date a European they need to have their full privileges otherwise what is the point of dating some loser who can't even command power and wealth. Might as well date an immigrant. Then again immigrants are doing WAAAYY better these days than citizens.

OuterPlanets89

No offense to you Outer but if you don't like the way evil racist white men organize their societies, then maybe you can go back to your country and build your own. And I am not being rude, I really mean what I say. How can you go into a foreign country and expect its inhabitants to change their way just to suit you?
I think it's deeper than that.

I wouldn't disagree that anyone would have to adjust to the dominant culture if they moved to say, Japan, but comparison isn't equal at all. Not to mention the entire globe was conquered/colonized/globalized by white men, so that type of freedom would never be possible.

The US is still the democracy leading the free world and the global economy, is considered a melting pot, and is incredibly diverse. We have raw power like no empire has ever seen, at the forefront of the group of countries preparing humanity for the next era of resource depletion, climate change, and social change. There's a lot more ethical responsibility there. Perhaps more when you consider the country was founded via genocide and rose to power via slavery.

I'd prefer not moving; I was born and raised here, and I care about this country's future. I just think it's important to be real about other people's experiences.

Now I'd prefer if change happened without a sci-fi-esque Big Brother totalitarian government (we're pretty close).

Last edited:

OuterPlanets89

The country did not rise to power via slavery. Slaves did very meaningless work. Yes white people profited from it economically, however it was not what contributed to the success of the country. The US rose to power because of the genius of white people. Also, the US is great not because it's a melting pot. It is great despite the fact it's a melting pot. In other words, it would be more great if there weren't so many minorities around. Sorry if this offends you, Outer, but it's how I honestly see it and I am not biased because I am a minority myself.

And I am sick of hearing people cite colonization as some sort of excuse for their own failure. Have they thought of the possibility that their countries suck not because they used to be colonized by white people, but rather, it's because the people suck/are stupid. That's why their countries suck. And also, the fact they even got colonized by white people in the very first place is because they (the non-white inhabitants) sucked/were stupid. Stupid people are easily conquered.
A lot of hate and inaccurate statements there. I suggest doing some reading on world history.

My point is not that "white people suck!" My point is that the systems in place were built, maintained and grown by the leaders of this country (white men in the top 1%) over centuries, and that they were biased towards themselves. What's wrong with acknowledging and addressing that now? Just because it hurts a few feelings of people who believe everything's fair/perfect? And in an alternate universe, maybe a different race conquered/colonized the world, and they built systems that were unfairly biased too. Either way, the main focus should be fixing it, and being honest in addressing the biases.

Is education really that triggering? I'm not blaming anything, I'm just stating the truth.

OuterPlanets89

Please do not insinuate that I am ignorant of world history just because I hold differing opinions.

I don't need to acknowledge anything, and nothing needs to be addressed. Why is it such a shock to you that white people would build their societies in a way that suits themselves? Of course white people would build societies in a way that they think is fit. In their own way. Do you think white people should build their societies in a way that, say, suits the Japanese people? Why do you think white people doing things their way needs to be addressed? And this brings back to my original point. If you hate the white people's way so much, go back to where you came from. Don't try to change anything to suit your minority way. You have f*cked up your country, and that is why you came to the white people's land in search of prosperity and opportunity. Don't bring your s*cky minority way here please. White people can do without it. I can live without it, too. Nobody (that includes me) needs or wants to be looking at you. And I mean that literally. I do not want to be looking at you physically.

So now you are painting the picture as if white people are butt-hurt. Newsflash: white people do not need to alter their societies in any way to suit you. Of course things aren't perfect, and that is because you as a minority do not belong in white people's land. If you think it's so unfair, go back to your country and turn it into a prosperous one.

Nothing needs to be fixed. If anything needs to be addressed, it's the fact that there are too many minorities in the West.

This is a very rude thing to say. So not only are you a minority and don't belong here, you are rude, too.

I am sick of minorities bellyaching about the evil racist white people, this unfair, that biased, oppression, colonization, things needing to be addressed...and so on and so forth. ALL of this can be easily fixed by leaving the West. But somehow I get a feeling that they are not going to be doing that.
1. You're wrong here though.
2. Sounds like you have intense self-hatred, and you're projecting it onto me. I hope you find peace with it.
3. Never said white people were butt-hurt. Some might be, yes. But mostly it looks as though you are.
4. I'm not for change for selfish reasons. I'm asking because societies are capable of evolving for the better. Do I think things will be perfect? No. And it will likely be done in an Aquarian "follow the ethical code" way, which I'm not a fan of.
5. Honestly, I see this type of ignorance in many fellow Asian-Americans, and I have to address it. It comes from having to suppress/repress so much to fit the model-minority trope, which offers very little wiggle-room (limited expression, hard work, don't cause trouble = earn enough to live a better life financially than back home). I'm not saying there aren't any positive trade-offs, I'm just saying that there's a very specific role many Asian-Americans play in society, and it involves a ton of repression in expression. Basically an unconscious Stockholm's Syndrome.

conspiracy theorist

I'd bet a tidy amount of money that when you said you were a minority, wan wasn't thinking a fellow Asian.

P.S. stats are out there that confirms that Asian immigrants perform extremely well socio-economically vs. other ethnic groups including some Caucasians.

david starling

1. You're wrong here though.
2. Sounds like you have intense self-hatred, and you're projecting it onto me. I hope you find peace with it.
3. Never said white people were butt-hurt. Some might be, yes. But mostly it looks as though you are.
4. I'm not for change for selfish reasons. I'm asking because societies are capable of evolving for the better. Do I think things will be perfect? No. And it will likely be done in an Aquarian "follow the ethical code" way, which I'm not a fan of.
5. Honestly, I see this type of ignorance in many fellow Asian-Americans, and I have to address it. It comes from having to suppress/repress so much to fit the model-minority trope, which offers very little wiggle-room (limited expression, hard work, don't cause trouble = earn enough to live a better life financially than back home). I'm not saying there aren't any positive trade-offs, I'm just saying that there's a very specific role many Asian-Americans play in society, and it involves a ton of repression in expression. Basically an unconscious Stockholm's Syndrome.

"White people's land" is Europe.

OuterPlanets89

After everything I said that's probably the last thing I'd be.

The Sun conj Neptune in Pisces and Moon conj Pluto in Capricorn transits are making their marks today.

Cary2

Banned
Non-whites feeling entitled to be racist. You're just a racist. Your fantasy that society is stacked against you by design or that whites have it made is deranged. This is POC privilege otherwise known as identity politics.

Slinking and lurking to spy a plot against people of color? That is self-importance. Few people have the time to waste that way. People don't bother to plot against people of color. Most white people are not successful. They are just trying to survive. What were you thinking?

OuterPlanets89

Non-whites feeling entitled to be racist. You're just a racist. Your fantasy that society is stacked against you by design or that whites have it made is deranged. This is POC privilege otherwise known as identity politics.

Slinking and lurking to spy a plot against people of color? That is self-importance. Few people have the time to waste that way. People don't bother to plot against people of color. Most white people are not successful. They are just trying to survive. What were you thinking?
This is one of the issues with the country/world right now. Nobody can think and reason without emotional outbursts and black/white declarations anymore.

- There's a pervasive inability to understand that pointing out the complexities of bias within the workings of a system does not equal "all white people plot against POC" and "white people don't have challenges." Of course you do. You didn't create the system, but you benefit from the privilege about not thinking about these things. Because the challenges you face are natural challenges of surviving in any society. POC have those challenges plus everything that gets swept under the rug in this country.
- You can't just call someone a racist because they're bringing up race as a relevant topic. This is just reactive idiocy.

To be honest I don't know why I'm wasting my time arguing about these things on an astro site.

Cary2

Banned
OurterPlanets89:
Everything in American society is built on white cultural hegemony. Much of it is subtle, far too subtle for most white people to see or understand. Hell, many people of color don't see or understand much of it. To get ahead in American society as a person of color, you have to essentially destroy/hide your cultural Yin energy and submit to standards of Yang expression created by old white men (basically, don't "act Black/Mexican/Indian/Chinese" etc) for the sole purpose of maintaining their societal power.

Clearly you have no evidence. You feel justified to condemn others not of your race with no evidence. Now that's what I call privilege. Your evidence is perhaps that most Americans are white? So, what? That was not designed that way. The whites came to these shores first. If you object, you are whining. It is not conspiracy against people of color. White people exist. People of color exist. Their numbers differ widely depending on geological location. That is nothing to whine about.

Last edited:

leomoon

While watching the Lincoln mini series on CBS each Sunday, I came to realize that without a doubt, the real reason the slaves were freed with the Emancipation Proclamation was thanks to the constant pushing of Mary Todd Lincoln, who hailed from a wealthy Kentucky family, and often had her relatives who needed a place to stay, as WH guests. (perhaps after the civil War)not sure when exactly.

Abe Lincoln realized with no question in his mind, that blacks would never be fully accepted in the new ratified United States and said as much as he mentioned a few times that they can be relocated for this reason, and of course the southern states would have to agree to no New slaves ever!

So not only did he say this in a letter that he would gladly trade the question of slavery for a unified Union -

He said often he hated the idea of Slavery and opposed it. There is no question about that,but he also understand (more better then anyone else), that putting the emotion aside, the white people would never fully accept a black race other then begrudgingly if necessary.
Therefore, he at least twice recommended removal and relocation to the islands of the Caribbean or to Africa.

His "emotions however" were always with the slaves but realized without a doubt how difficult and deadly it would be to emancipate them which of course, he did even prior to that day from the southern states which had already seceded.

http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/greeley.htm

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free
Abe Lincoln

We just had a Woman's Day here in the States or is it a Woman's month? but we should also commemorate, Mary Todd Lincoln, imo. without whom as his wife, there may have been a different ending.

Mary Todd Lincoln who dropped her father's name after marrying and didn't use it any longer was also a Sun in Sagittarius, born the same day as my mom

https://allthatsinteresting.com/mary-todd-lincoln

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

This is probably one of the most level-headed opinions I've seen on the matter of privilege. I highly appreciate it.

What literature out there would you say does the issue of privilege and social justice... justice... without getting too inflammatory? It's not a topic that is near and dear to my heart so I haven't done any strenuous legwork on the matter.

Do you have an opinion on reparations?

Last edited: