Horary - Why does it not look like I get this job??!!!

JoZi15

Beloved Community,

I need a little reprieve - hustling during COVID for work and trying to pay college tuition for my daughter by myself - I know I'm not doing anything different from a bunch of other people out here. I'm just saying, I feel your pain. And I really really want this job but it doesn't look good. Why!!!!!!!

Sigh.

I'm Saturn (RX! Really? And in H1. I think that's bad when I'm reading my own chart but can't be positive. Sigh again.) dignified in Capricorn. The job is Mars (H10), dignified in Mars (thank the universe). The only reason there's an aspect (SQUARE) through, is because Mars is also RX. Smh.

Moon in H12. Really lol? Deep breath. Makes no aspects before leaving Sagittarius. Darn. Nothing comes of this question??!!!

Can you tell from the rest of this chart why nothing comes of this when I'm strong (except I'm reconsidering something) and the job is strong (but perhaps they are reconsidering whether or not they should hire me even though they recruited me to apply...)

Can anybody help? I'm getting discouraged with the job hunt out here.

I hope everyone is doing well. Stay safe. :love:

Struggling!
Jozi :annoyed:

Attachments

• Horary Job.jpg
    Horary Job.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 41

waybread

What kind of job are you qualified for? Is this "just a job" or a major career step?

It may show up differently in your chart.

Bunraku

You are Saturn, but you’re very qualified because you’re domicile and angular. Rx means you’ll change your mind.

Mars thought greatly of you, and even thought you had a pleasant interaction/interview with them. Mars (job) loves you.

Moon just passed over Mars rx, meaning you went for it, but Mars rejected it for whatever reason. I think because Saturn and Mars are both RX, so you and your job will be changing their minds in the future.

Update us xo.

JoZi15

What kind of job are you qualified for? Is this "just a job" or a major career step?

It may show up differently in your chart.

It is a Senior Consultant position with a large consulting firm. I’m my own little consultant now. She, the CEO at the firm, is the partner of a close friend. When she found out I did DEI training for a small urban city government, she said she could send work my way since she just got a $1M contract for the same with a large urban city government �� My contract was for $25K so I was excited at the thought!

This would be a step up. But in the same field. It would be a salaried position. No more hustling (bidding) for consulting contracts. And much more prestige with her company and also some relief for me working with a great team. So, it is a step up in actual working conditions, in what I would be working on, and career-wise. It would be a great move and gain.

Last edited:

JoZi15

It is a Senior Consultant position with a large consulting firm. I’m my own little consultant now. She, the CEO at the firm, is the partner of a close friend. When she found out I did DEI training for a small urban city government, she said she could send work my way since she just got a $1M contract for the same a with a large urban city government 😮 My contract was for $25K so I was excited at the thought!

This would be a step up. But in the same field. It would be a salaried position. No more hustling (bidding) for consulting contracts.

If it was “just a job” is that a different ruler than if it was a “major career step”? And I think “consulting project” is different from 10th House Ruler in that what makes it like a “job” is only temporary as contracts last 1 month to about 6 months on average. So would that also not be the 10 House Ruler?

JoZi15

You are Saturn, but you’re very qualified because you’re domicile and angular. Rx means you’ll change your mind.

Mars thought greatly of you, and even thought you had a pleasant interaction/interview with them. Mars (job) loves you.

Moon just passed over Mars rx, meaning you went for it, but Mars rejected it for whatever reason. I think because Saturn and Mars are both RX, so you and your job will be changing their minds in the future.

Update us xo.

So technically I did not apply. I got the job announcement yesterday and wanted it and saw that the CEO had extended the deadline and sent it directly to me. I thought I could have a good chance because she must not have gotten applicants she liked. Then I did the Horary and saw it looked negative ��

I was crushed. And I am in the middle of a terrible contract now. One which was seen in an Horary right here in this forum months ago! Anyway, my career ego is really fragile right now. And to compound matters, every Progressed natal planet is in my 12th House. To add any potential insult to injury, I would also be flattened if a close friend rejected me too.

So when I saw the Horary, I sent the announcement to a friend who said he didn’t want to be a consultant but is looking for a job. And I emailed the CEO letting her know that I’m beginning two contracts and closing up two contracts but if she still needs help, I’d be available in the Spring. She said for me to call her whenever. I ask hoping I didn’t have to “apply” and go through her 5-step interview process. I used to be a great “test taker” but in this situation, I think I’d be overwhelmed with internal doubts and undoing.

So you are right that I changed my mind. Can you see why she changed hers?

Last edited:

JoZi15

Ok. I see Bunraku went further with reception. I’ve forgotten everything 🙄 So, Mars receives Saturn because Mars is exalted in Cappy. Saturn rejects Mars because Saturn is in detriment or fall in Aries (I remember that because my natal Saturn is in Aries 🙄🙄🙄 so many eye rolls!)

So, it is I who reject the job? Because I got Horary scared and 5-part interview scared? (And, technically, because I have consulting contract commitments until Spring too. So dramatic. Can you see the drama in the chart?) And that’s why Mars selects someone else? Is that right?

Or does reception need only be one way? I’ve forgotten. Thank you Waybread and Bunraku. I love engaging in discussion on this forum 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Chrysalis

You won't get the job because you/Saturn are RX, Moons void in the 12th house of disappointments, the job L6/mercury is cadent and in a T square with Mars/Saturn. Neptune squares Saturn/mc midpoint which is you feeling like your efforts are thwarted and you/Saturn oppose merc/mars midpoint which would be a rejection.

JoZi15

You won't get the job because you/Saturn are RX, Moons void in the 12th house of disappointments, the job L6/mercury is cadent and in a T square with Mars/Saturn. Neptune squares Saturn/mc midpoint which is you feeling like your efforts are thwarted and you/Saturn oppose merc/mars midpoint which would be a rejection.

Ah, Chrysalis. The job is 6th House Ruler. Ok. Saturn makes no aspects. Would it be considered that both Saturn and Mercury are separating or is one separating “more” than the other planet or carries more weight in its separation?

Saturn receives Mercury in Libra but no aspect. I like the job but don’t get it. Sigh! Mercury does not receive Saturn’s Capricorn energy even if there was an aspect 😭

T-Square with Mars and Saturn. Mars is 10th HR. This job would come between my dream career. True. Because right now I’m doing it “volunteer” or for very little pay because I have to make money to pay my daughter’s college tuition.

And thank you for your interpretation of Moon. I was thinking 7th HR could mean business contracts (my current short term consulting work which keeps me from making a commitment with a new job or from starting a new job soon) preoccupies me and keeps me locked in to commitments (one of which is horrible right now and definitely the undoing of my spirit!).

Is there a clue about why Mercury (the job) doesn’t want me?

JoZi15

And I have a question for Waybread, Bunraku, and Chrysalis (and others too of course!). What makes this salaried Consultant position within a large Consulting Firm a job (6th House Ruler) as opposed to a career job (10th HR)?

I understand consulting job bounded by a contract between me and the contracting entity is 7th HR. Aria Venue taught me that!

I'd like to understand how to tell the difference between the 6th and 10th HRs for different kinds of jobs.

Thank you to anyone who can provide guidance!

🙏🏽 Thank you!!!

waybread

JoZi15, I absolutely wouldn't base any kind of career plan on amateur readings of a horary chart. We can give your question our best shot but that's all it is.

The 10th house rules your vocation in life, in the sense of a calling. The 6th house rules people who perform services for others, and in ancient astrology it was the house of servants and slaves. Of course, your career might well be in the service sector and at times might feel like you are "slaving away," but that's different than if you're flipping burgers at Wendy's to save up money for your university education.

Either way, one's employer is a 10th house matter.

I'm not getting a resounding "yes" out of this either, but if it's any consolation, I don't think this job is as good as it first appears.

You are ruled by Saturn. Saturn in the first house is one of those indicators that things won't go the way you hope; although Saturn domiciled and in the first house indicates that you have considerable strength as an applicant.

The 10th house is ruled by Mars, also strong in its own sign of Aries.

Both planets are retrograde, which can weaken them somewhat or imply second thoughts. They do apply to a square which will perfect in their retrograde condition, with Mars as the faster-moving planet, meaning some connection will be made but probably not to your liking.

The void-of-the-course moon usually means that your present situation is unlikely to change, although William Lilly allowed out-of-sign aspects with a Jupiter-ruled moon, which this one is. (Its next aspect is a sextile to the sun in Libra.) But the moon has past its last aspect with Mars (career, employer.)

If it were me, I'd apply for the job anyway and see what happens. It can't hurt anything and may help to get your talents better recognized.

Good luck with all of this-- please let us know what happens.

JoZi15

JoZi15, I absolutely wouldn't base any kind of career plan on amateur readings of a horary chart. We can give your question our best shot but that's all it is.

The 10th house rules your vocation in life, in the sense of a calling. The 6th house rules people who perform services for others, and in ancient astrology it was the house of servants and slaves. Of course, your career might well be in the service sector and at times might feel like you are "slaving away," but that's different than if you're flipping burgers at Wendy's to save up money for your university education.

Either way, one's employer is a 10th house matter.

I'm not getting a resounding "yes" out of this either, but if it's any consolation, I don't think this job is as good as it first appears.

You are ruled by Saturn. Saturn in the first house is one of those indicators that things won't go the way you hope; although Saturn domiciled and in the first house indicates that you have considerable strength as an applicant.

The 10th house is ruled by Mars, also strong in its own sign of Aries.

Both planets are retrograde, which can weaken them somewhat or imply second thoughts. They do apply to a square which will perfect in their retrograde condition, with Mars as the faster-moving planet, meaning some connection will be made but probably not to your liking.

The void-of-the-course moon usually means that your present situation is unlikely to change, although William Lilly allowed out-of-sign aspects with a Jupiter-ruled moon, which this one is. (Its next aspect is a sextile to the sun in Libra.) But the moon has past its last aspect with Mars (career, employer.)

If it were me, I'd apply for the job anyway and see what happens. It can't hurt anything and may help to get your talents better recognized.

Good luck with all of this-- please let us know what happens.

Aside from your vast technical knowledge, your wisdom speaks loud and clear. Thank you for reminding me that I have free will as I often forget when engrossed in looking for signs.

Your reading of the chart describes what has become a pattern for me the last decade. Happy to be on my own and able to regulate my own consulting projects in order to live well and also have time to work on my bliss work (stuff I wish someone would pay me for but right now I do out of love and hope to raise funds somehow).

Every few years, I get scared of the financial insecurity and long for a salary job with benefits and a team. Each time I go that route, it is exactly as you interpreted - it isn’t what it seems and to the employer’s advantage over mine.

This consulting firm certainly does work that overlaps with my life purpose but not wholly. And I am too old (52) to be doing anything less than exactly what I want. At this phase of my career in social justice, I want to be getting closer to exactly what I want, not necessarily further away.

I think what I ultimately want is to put the real time into finding a way to fund my bliss work. I only have two more years of college tuition and the first two years are most expensive while she lives on campus. I think I’d like to gamble on myself and since this years tuition is paid, take the next 6 months and go hard in the paint for my own vision of my work.

You shared key insights that I’ve been mulling over for years. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness, in addition to your mastery of Horary. I applied for a grant for my bliss work and hope to find out in a month. But there are many more opportunities like that if I put in the time there instead of getting more consulting contracts. I’m going to focus there until it’s time to pay college tuition for my daughter again.

With all due respect to the guru, Lilly (😉), my situation may not change immediately but I’m going to work my butt off to turn it and my mind set around. And I will come back to this post in 6 months tho to share how things have unfolded 🙏🏾 Thank you, Waybread!!!