Venus in Sagittarius and Cheating

chei star

I would be interested in finding out about peoples personal experiences with Venus in Sagittarius. Do you think people with this placement have a tendency to think that the grass is always greener on the other side (not necessarily actually cheating)? Or is it possible for natives with this placement to be completely faithful? Obviously the rest of the chart needs to be taken into consideration as well as aspects from Venus to other planets, but just wondered what peoples experiences have been with this Venus sign.

I cee

I think that generally all fire in venus creates a desire for something that ignites their passions, not neccessarily sexual, but fire can be restless and wants to be sparked and enthused with life, they can get bored easily and tire of something.
Sagg does seem to have a reputation for this,curtesy of romping ruled jupiter.
But as always, all aspects need to be looked.
ie: an aspect between venus/mars/jupiter would give a roaming attitude and a impetuous restless spirit

Assyrian_Libra

I'm Venus in Sagittarius... but I never cheated before my ex did but this was a very very difficult relationship would think I would cheat if I told what and how that relationship was like, but I'm glad I'm no longer in that relationship no more.... and ummm, I am very loyal but then I dont know because thats all up to my birth-chart? Maybe because I'm a libra who knows LOL:happy:

sworm09

I once dated a girl that had a Venus in Sagittarius. She was extremely flirty and found it difficult to stay committed to one partner. She rejected any sentimentality and only seemed to go to relationships for fun, not commitment. I'm sure that Venus in Sag can vary from native to native, but her Venus was ruled by a Jupiter IN Sagittarius, so her main focus was freedom, freedom, and more freedom.

sworm09

so? Good for her if that is her way

I'm not saying it was bad, I was making an observation and elaborating on that observation in order to contribute to a conversation about the placement in question. Ya know, actually adding to the discussion.

Last edited:

sworm09

Ok then i accept there was not any underlying hint at women shouldnt be like that

Ah, I see what this is about. From my purely subjective point of view, I didn't enjoy it but I learned to accept it and value it. Like you said, that was her way. For someone like me that favors stability, having a partner that roams around is not fun, but you learn from it. I would imagine that a man doing the same thing would be just as painful. Yet, from having an experience like that, you learn to respect people for their ways and not to hate them for it. Subjectively, it's not too fun, objectively, that's her nature and that's perfectly alright. Reading her natal chart and then seeing her Venus in Sagittarius play out was actually very helpful in understanding her and accepting her. The relationship ended, but we're still very close friends. She needs freedom, and that's fine.

Last edited:

*emma*

Banned
Ah, I see what this is about. From my purely subjective point of view, I didn't enjoy it but I learned to accept it and value it. Like you said, that was her way. It had nothing to do with her being a woman, it had to do with her being a person in a relationship. For someone like me that favors stability, having a partner that roams around is not fun, but you learn from it. I would imagine that a man doing the same thing would be just as painful. Subjectively, it's not too fun, objectively, that's her nature and that's perfectly alright.

yeah sorry i didnt mean to sound flippant, obviously someone who is in a relationship should not ROAM around, was referring more to staying afree spirit within relationships, sagitarius spirit can never be tied down, so if youre a scorpio or capricorn or other controlly type dont chose a saggy woman or ever dream of controlling her its never ever gonna happen

This goes for all sun moon and venus saggy women

sworm09

yeah sorry i didnt mean to sound flippant, obviously someone who is in a relationship should not ROAM around, was referring more to staying afree spirit within relationships, sagitarius spirit can never be tied down, so if youre a scorpio or capricorn or other controlly type dont chose a saggy woman or ever dream of controlling her its never ever gonna happen

This goes for all sun moon and venus saggy women

You hit the nail on the head with that controlling nature. I have a Sun-Saturn conjunction and a Venus-Pluto sextile. Controlling to a fault. I would imagine that that goes for ANY Saggy person. You shouldn't box them in! :)

Assyrian_Libra

I would never do anything that would hurt my lover... although I liked my freedom from them at times and I can be a little boy crazy back in the day with them but since I have mature I would never do that anymore because my ex set-up as a open-relationship (even though I never done anything it was a long distance relationship while he was doing things with other men and I didnt) and I never liked the idea of a open-relationship never seem like a real relationship to me... but I felt like I did it you know being boy crazy and all with my ex which upsets him and for that reason he was doing the same thing (Fair enough) but there so many days I want my ex to come with me everywhere I go... I love traveling and I love for my lover to come with me and be proud the man I have and my pride with my lover.:love:

Last edited:

*emma*

Banned
You hit the nail on the head with that controlling nature. I have a Sun-Saturn conjunction and a Venus-Pluto sextile. Controlling to a fault. I would imagine that that goes for ANY Saggy person. You shouldn't box them in! :)

You shouldnt box anyone in, whats the point, if you try it with sagitarius its finito la musica

appleberry

Dated a Venus in sag, broke up and then he cheated on all future girls with me (I didn't know he wasnt single these times)... He said he was single and I think that's how it was even though these girls thought they were his gf cuz they were spending time tgr and no doubt sleeping tgr.

The prob seems to be that Venus in Sag doesn't seem to commit easily and considers most 'partners' just friends... So he's not really cheating if they're just friends in his mind... But when HE does consider you his gf he will be faithful and treat you very well (maybe not stop flirting cuz he's insecure without constant attention or validation)... And if you break up he won't understand why you don't want to be his friend still.... which always includes benefits!

I was one of the few people in his life that he actually considered a real gf and I do believe he was physically faithful. I broke with him and he cried when we did and don't live in the said city now :-( I didn't originally believe he was faithful because he cheated on others with me but now that I see the patern of his actions and thoughts... I see that he really doesn't cheat on his gf... Cuz saggis are ethical and you don't cheat! Lol... Now if we could just get him to understand that its not ethical to lead people on and use them for sex and entertainment :-(

Lol... Well that was my experience!! Dunno if this is typical Venus in Sag but I've dated more than one and I see a pattern... And dunno if this scenario fits with the females...

Last edited:

virgo18

I would be interested in finding out about peoples personal experiences with Venus in Sagittarius. Do you think people with this placement have a tendency to think that the grass is always greener on the other side (not necessarily actually cheating)? Or is it possible for natives with this placement to be completely faithful? Obviously the rest of the chart needs to be taken into consideration as well as aspects from Venus to other planets, but just wondered what peoples experiences have been with this Venus sign.

Oh my God... This subject again!
I was 4 years loosing my time with a Cappi with Sag-Venus. They area headache, most if you have Venus in Earth or Water. I have dated other men who also have this Venus because I have Sagittarius rising, and I outwardly look like a lighthearted lover, while Im not that much I have Scorpio Venus and I go for the intense.

Unless his Moon is in Scorpio, Pisces, Taurus, or Cancer, their freedom hunger can be "somewhat" inhibited. But in general, this guys have a hard time committing to one woman or spending much time with her because they are always seeing the grass greener elsewhere. Then when you dump them because they don't spend enough time with you, they come to hunt you again. They are the inventors of on and off relationships.

Sagittarius is a centaurus, half man who is a hunter with arch and arrow a half a savage horse... Imagine that mixture: Its freedom in all the extensions.

Sagittarius is an innate hunter, they look for difficult for pray, (So not being always available could work to conquer this man heart) The negative thing is that once they catch the pray... they'll go hunting a new one.

They like women whose physical look different from the country they are, they are attracted to a different accent from the place they are, also they love foreign women, they can handle extremely well the long distance relationship.

Don't expect too much emotional displays from a guy who has this Venus sign. They want someone who is light hearted, who can handle heavy jokes, someone who will not claim if he disappears or stop calling for 5 days, someone who makes sports, who has an active life. Imagine this: they look for someone quite the opposite as a Venus in Taurus or Cancer man looks for, who is a more passive woman who act more bulk.

Faithful or not?
The fact is that any man can be unfaithful if they are not happy with the woman they have! Men are men...
Perhaps Venus in Sagittarius can cheat accidentally because they are somewhat naive, but the fact is that Sagittarius is a sign who is known for its honesty... So when he is not into you, he'll tell you, or show it to you. Not like Venus in Gemini who can perfectly handle a double life secretly, and knowing that he is lying, Eeek!

Hope this helped you. I tell you this from pure experience.

Last edited:

Assyrian_Libra

^ That is funny that you say that because I feel like I have to be with someone who I feel right with if not I think I will find my way of running away from them (cheating) so yeah I will be very blunt about it if I dont like you I will tell you... and I have done this before and it wasnt pretty and I feel really bad. I'm not going to waste my time with someone who I dont like and I'm not going to try to be responsible for making more hurting and wasting that person time as well. I'm not someone who wants to hurt a person or used the person that just not me. In my past relationship I never cheated before but felt like the relationship was stressful and frustrating I would rather leave because I couldn't breathe! My last ex was from Puerto Rico and I like someone different from my life...

Last edited:

chei star

I am a Scorp with Sag Venus and admittedly when I was younger I cheated on a lot of my boyfriends... But ONLY if they had cheated on me in the past, if I wasn't sexually satisfied, or if the relationship was going to end anyway. For me cheating is something that I've 'grown' out of. I could never bring myself to do it to someone who I genuinely love, I could never hurt them like that... I do have a wondering eye every so often, and do entertain the thought of cheating.. But when it comes down to it I just wouldn't do it any more.

Assyrian_Libra

Venus in Scorpio and Venus in Sagittarius are definitely NOT a good combination. The Scorpio Venus will get hurt as the other one carries on playing the field, shooting arrows right, left and centre. Yes, he is a hunter. And no, a Scorpio Moon won't stop him. In fact, it makes him all the more inclined to send out tentacles and pull women into his sticky web...the more the better, from his point of view. :(

OMG!!! yes my last ex who is a Libra has venus in Scorpio (moon in Cancer).... he chocked me really good overly possessive didn't trust me just because I talked with my other ex dont mean I was going to do anything and I guess being overly honest whatever I was doing wasnt good enough (though nothing to do with cheating or anything like that)... it wasn't a pleasant thing for me... he broke up with me first and then he went back with me and for a while I didn't care if he did break-up with me again because I couldn't stand how much he tried with me because he was too much, I was nothing but a big ball of stress... hopefully my next man wont have Venus in Scorpio.:innocent:

sadge

I am a strong Sagittarius (stellium of planets in Sag), so I can identify with the "sag" energy very well.

To be really honest here (another sag trait), I think the problem may be with the question you're asking, and not with the other person you're asking about. For example, if you take a time out and think about it, what is it that you're really after here? Are you trying to find a way to keep your love with you, and only you, forever? That's a perfectly valid desire, as we all want that, but the reality is that we can't control other people or make them love us the way we want to be loved. Not to mention, how stressful is it to spend so much of your life energy trying to force a particular outcome (like "keep" someone from cheating), when your limited every can be used for more positive and loving channels...like loving yourself! If this other person with Venus in Sag is not meant to be with you, then the universe will reveal that to you in someway.

Regarding your actual question, I second the motion from other posts that you can't tell what someone is going to be like from just their venus sign. For example, I know a Venus in Cancer who is horrible at staying faithful, but that is due to a lot of other aspects in his chart AND the nature of his progressed chart.

Sagittarius is about exploring, discovery, fun, faith in goodness and life, adventure, humor, light-heartedness....that is the kind of energy that a Venus is Sag find attractive. But that doesn't mean he/she will cheat. For example, religion fall under Sag too (faith), along with higher education (philosophy). I know a lot of Sag folks who express this side of themselves through these other interests.

So my opinion is that cheating is not exclusive to "Sagitarrius", in the same way that "Pisces" does not always mean drug addict. The two concepts you are putting together are separate and much more complicated than how your question is presented.

I don't know what your personal situation is, so I won't judge. But my advice is to spend more time understanding your own chart and personal needs for a satisfying and fulfilling life.....and once you begin to fill those needs of your individual soul, you will attract the right kind of love/partner. :smile:

chei star

I am a strong Sagittarius (stellium of planets in Sag), so I can identify with the "sag" energy very well.

To be really honest here (another sag trait), I think the problem may be with the question you're asking, and not with the other person you're asking about. For example, if you take a time out and think about it, what is it that you're really after here? Are you trying to find a way to keep your love with you, and only you, forever? That's a perfectly valid desire, as we all want that, but the reality is that we can't control other people or make them love us the way we want to be loved. Not to mention, how stressful is it to spend so much of your life energy trying to force a particular outcome (like "keep" someone from cheating), when your limited every can be used for more positive and loving channels...like loving yourself! If this other person with Venus in Sag is not meant to be with you, then the universe will reveal that to you in someway.

Regarding your actual question, I second the motion from other posts that you can't tell what someone is going to be like from just their venus sign. For example, I know a Venus in Cancer who is horrible at staying faithful, but that is due to a lot of other aspects in his chart AND the nature of his progressed chart.

Sagittarius is about exploring, discovery, fun, faith in goodness and life, adventure, humor, light-heartedness....that is the kind of energy that a Venus is Sag find attractive. But that doesn't mean he/she will cheat. For example, religion fall under Sag too (faith), along with higher education (philosophy). I know a lot of Sag folks who express this side of themselves through these other interests.

So my opinion is that cheating is not exclusive to "Sagitarrius", in the same way that "Pisces" does not always mean drug addict. The two concepts you are putting together are separate and much more complicated than how your question is presented.

I don't know what your personal situation is, so I won't judge. But my advice is to spend more time understanding your own chart and personal needs for a satisfying and fulfilling life.....and once you begin to fill those needs of your individual soul, you will attract the right kind of love/partner. :smile:

Thank you for your insights. Love the Sagittarius honesty and total lust for life. :) I am the Sagittarius Venus person though and was curious as to peoples experiences with this placement.