Do transits to the Sun affect Leo' s house?

athair

Hi; as im actually having T Neptune conj my Sun, i started to wonder whether transits to the Sun would affect the house where sign of Leo is within the chart ( assuming such a house is ruled by the Sun; is such a house the one ruled by the Sun?

Thanks in advance; greetings.

JUPITERASC

Hi; as im actually having T Neptune conj my Sun,
i started to wonder
whether transits to the Sun
would affect the house where sign of Leo is
transits to the natal Sun have an effect on Leo house
as well as on any planets located in Leo
as well as on
any other planets connected to natal Sun by aspect
IF traditionally, the Sun is the PROFECTED Lord of the Year :smile:

within the chart ( assuming such a house is ruled by the Sun;

is such a house the one ruled by the Sun?

LEOs ruler IS the SUN :smile:

IleneK

Premium Member
Good question, athair.

Hi; as im actually having T Neptune conj my Sun, i started to wonder whether transits to the Sun would affect the house where sign of Leo is within the chart ( assuming such a house is ruled by the Sun;

yes, they do.

is such a house the one ruled by the Sun?

yes, it is.

Best to you,

athair

Thank you!! So for instance, i have Pisces Sun in 4th house; and Leo in 9th house.

Is the Neptune the ruler of my 4th house (given Neptune is the ruler of Pisces)?

Or is rather the Moon the ruler of it (given that the Moon is the ruler of Cancer, and that there is an issue of Cancer house being the 4th)?

Also, given that my chart has Leo in the 9th and that the Sun is Leo's ruler, is it right to say that the Sun is the ruler of my 9th house?

Saturn is in Leo (9th house), so what is the influence of the Sun over Saturn? Or tu put it differently: is it right :)-)) to speak of such an existing relation?

Thanks

Ps: i was typing while Ilenek message was sent; thank you both!!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Saturn is in Leo (9th house),
so what is the influence of the Sun over Saturn?

Or tu put it differently:
is it right :)-)) to speak of such an existing relation?

Thanks
In fact SATURN has an influence over the SUN
because your natal SUN is in SATURNs house or home :smile:
then Saturn affects your Sun
and
it is right to speak os such an existing relation

JUPITERASC

Thank you!! So for instance, i have Pisces Sun in 4th house; and Leo in 9th house.

Is the Neptune the ruler of my 4th house (given Neptune is the ruler of Pisces)?

Or is rather the Moon the ruler of it (given that the Moon is the ruler of Cancer, and that there is an issue of Cancer house being the 4th)?
Pisces ruler is Jupiter traditionally
and so
your 4th house ruler is Jupiter not the Moon :smile:

planet-rulerships-269x300.png

athair

Thank you!! Im just realizing the influence of T Neptune conj Sun as exerting an influence on both 9th House and Saturn issues (perhaps to the neptunian transit confusion-low energy-seeing one's true nature theme it could added a 9th-house-wise-saturnian vein?)

Given that Scorpio is in 12th house cusp, then is Pluto the ruler of the 12th?

Also, i have my Sag moon in 12th, Natal Neptunr in 12th and so Juno, so perhaps would it be useful to think of an Plutonian flavour regarding either of them (plus the 12th house itself)?

Last but not.least, i have Sun.sq (sag) Moon & Sun Sq (sag)Ascendant natally, and i have Jupiter in Taurus in the 6th; so im realizing there could be an issue between the 9th (Leo's: ruled by the Sun) and the 6th...(??), beside the squares properly (4th-12th & 4th-1th)...and perhals also this: that the squares properly would have a Jupiter-Pluto & Jupiter-Jupiter (or Neptune-Jupiter) flavour?

Thanks

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member

House rulership is based on the sign the house's cusp is in, not on which house it is. Moon rules the house with its cusp in Cancer. It does not rule the fourth house unless the fourth house cusp is in Cancer.

For Pisces, you can use the modern ruler, or the traditional ruler, or both, as co-rulers. Which is best is a matter of opinion and debate. If you use the modern ruler, then yes, Neptune is the ruler of your fourth house. If you go with the co-rulers option, Neptune and Jupiter would both have some say in your fourth house matters.

Also, given that my chart has Leo in the 9th and that the Sun is Leo's ruler, is it right to say that the Sun is the ruler of my 9th house?
Yes.

Saturn is in Leo (9th house), so what is the influence of the Sun over Saturn? Or tu put it differently: is it right :)-)) to speak of such an existing relation?
Sun is Saturn's dispositor. In practical terms, they both have some say over your ninth house matters. Saturn would have the more direct effect because it's inhabiting your ninth house. Just like the tenants in a rented house have more effect on it, day to day, than the landlord does. However, the landlord gets to make certain decisions about the property. House rulers work the same way.

I would expect transits to your Sun to be felt mainly in the area of life indicated by the house your Sun is in, followed by the areas indicated by the house Sun rules (your Leo house).

If your natal Saturn is in Leo, you are having a Saturn opposition, either now or sometime within the next two years. That's coinciding with your Neptune to Sun transit. I would expect strong effects on your ninth house things for both of those reasons. It may be primarily a Saturnian effect, since Saturn is the one with the most immediate influence.

IleneK

Premium Member
You are welcome.
I follow the traditional rulerships. So the modern planets, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto do not rule any of the signs.

Rather

Saturn rules Capricorn and Aquarius
Jupiter rules Sagittarius and Pisces
Mars rules Aries and Scorpio

I would follow the traditional recognition of Jupiter's rulership of Pisces, so Jup would rule your 4th.

Moon rules the house in your natal chart whose cusp in the sign of Cancer. In terms of rulership, Moon has no particular association with the 4th.

Very good! Yes, that is correct.

Yes, it is appropriate to consider the influence of Sun over Saturn as follows. Sun has rulership over everything in the sign of Leo. So Sun rules your 9th as you note since its cusp is in Leo. Sun also rules Saturn which is in the sign of Leo as well..

Thanks

Ps: i was typing while Ilenek message was sent; thank you both!!

All good questions and they constitute the basics that you will want to get clear as you continue to study and practice astrology.

athair

Thank you for your answers!! I wonder if the issue of the Sun ruling Saturn (as Saturn is in the 9th house) could be put in terms of a Piscean Sun ruling Saturn (and 9th house matters)(?). Saturn is also retrograde and squaring not only Uranus in Scorpio but also a Taurus Vertex (whithin 1 degree orb lets say). So i also wonder whether the influence of Sun over Saturn in the 9th went thus far as to reach Vertex in Taurus (in the 5th), not only Uranus in Scorpio (in the 11th).

So T.Neptune conjunct Sun seems to be able to turn on the former issues (perhaps i would add that my node axis is in 5th-11th house, though not in Taurus-Scorpio cusps but in Aries-Libra cusps: at this very same time Pluto is squaring the nodes at 26.degree, so.it.seems to be exerting an additional pressure in relation to the nodes); meanwhile, T Neptune conj Sun.might.be turning on the Sun sq Moon & Sun.sq Ascendant.

So it seems.like T Neptune and T Pluto are at present driving a huge part of the chart as related to.the nodal.axis.

An interesting question.would.be: what is Jupiter meant to mean taking all the former and for a Pisces Sun-Sag Moon-Sag Asc, Jupiter being (the only singleton whithin.the chart) at (fixed sign) Taurus 6th House (squaring Mars.in Acquarius.3rd,.and conjunct Lilith, by the way...)(?).

Greetings

Last edited:

katydid

I have an example of that very thing, which happened during a transit to my Sun, which rules my Leo IC.

At the end of 2019, Uranus hit zero Taurus, in my 12th, which opposed my natal Sun at zero Scorpio.

Leo rules my 4th house cusp, which is the house of ' my Mom'. [in my opinion it is Mom, some may disagree...]

Anyway, when Tr Uranus first hit the opposition to my Sun, my 90 year old Mom had a fall in her home. She lives in a small apartment in a retirement community and they took her to the hospital.

She didn't break anything, which was lucky. But the real luck was that they decided to do a bunch of tests, while she was there overnight. And they caught the very very beginning of colon cancer cells.

So when Uranus came back to zero Taurus, after it had gone retrograde for a few months, she went in for surgery to clear out the cancer cells. It was successful.

Tr Uranus will soon oppose her natal Moon in Scorpio. I hope it will be another surprise which turns out to be lucky for her. :love:

JUPITERASC

Thank you for your answers!!
I wonder if the issue of the Sun ruling Saturn

(as Saturn is in the 9th house)

could be put in terms of a Piscean Sun ruling Saturn
(and 9th house matters)(?).
to be clear

Sun cannot "...rule Saturn.."
instead, Saturn is in the domicile or home of the Sun

which is very different to BEING RULED BY Sun

i.e.
Suns home is Leo
and so

because
Saturn in this particular chart is in Leo
then
Sun is the DISPOSITOR of Saturn - NOT Saturn's ruler :smile:

planet-rulerships-269x300.png

athair

Thanks! So it could.be a.Piscean.Sun to.be the dispositor.of.Saturn (and perhaps we could add.that the former belongs.to.Pisces 3rd decanate, ruled itself by.Mars?)? I mean, are the Piscean traits.meant to exert influence on the way Saturn works within the 9th house and Leo environment?
Greetings

JUPITERASC

Thanks! So it could
be a Piscean Sun
to be the dispositor of Saturn
(and perhaps
we could add.that
the former belongs to Pisces 3rd decanate,
ruled itself by Mars?)?

I mean, are the Piscean traits
meant to exert influence on the way Saturn works
within the 9th house and Leo environment?

Greetings
Houses do not rule planets.
Planets rule signs
and a sign ruled by a particular planet
appears on the cusp of some house.
The planet that rules the sign on the cusp of a house
is lord of that house, its ruler.
The ruler of a house has dominion over the affairs of the house
and
of any planets found within the boundaries of the sign it rules.

Whether the ruler operates for good or evil
depends on its conditioning
for which there are many measurements.

A planet in a house operates most strongly there
because directly
although
its behavior is determined by its ruler
even though indirect.

Rather than "...ruler..."
we might say
that the planet ruling the sign on a cusp
"...disposes..." that house
and
whatever it contains.

Houses are fixed in relation to Earth.
They are earth-bound, or mundane
and symbolize "....surrounding circumstances....".
Each house has a SIGN
Impossible to have a planet in every house.
Having an empty House

doesn't mean having no events signified by that house :smile:

i.e.
with no planets in an empty house
those areas of life
are addressed by the planet ruling the SIGN on that house
THUS
A planet can occupy a house
without having influence over the affairs of that house. :smile:

To get to know the HOUSE INFLUENCE
you look to the planet that RULES the house.
The ruler of a house
is the planet that rules the SIGN on the cusp of that house.

i.e.
The planet that RULES a house
is in charge of the affairs of that house
and is the manager of that part of your life. :smile:

When something goes wrong in the affairs of a house
the planet that rules that house
takes action to address the problem.

And
the way the problem is addressed
with that particular part of your life
is determined by THE NATURE
of the ruling planet of the SIGN of that house

athair

Leo rules my 4th house cusp, which is the house of ' my Mom'. [in my opinion it is Mom, some may disagree...]

it seems interesting to think of 4th House (IC) as mom´s house; i have Sun in the 4th and from time to time the issue of the nature of the 4th house seems to arise...

I have Aries SN 26, 10 and Libra NN 26, 10; plus Chiron in Aries 29, 05 degrees.

greetings

katydid

it seems interesting to think of 4th House (IC) as mom´s house; i have Sun in the 4th and from time to time the issue of the nature of the 4th house seems to arise...

I have Aries SN 26, 10 and Libra NN 26, 10; plus Chiron in Aries 29, 05 degrees.

greetings

various descriptions of 4th:

The Fourth House sits at the base of the chart and symbolizes home and family. Natal planets in the Fourth House reveal an individual's relationship with the maternal figure, as well as their unique outlook on domesticity.
https://www.allure.com/story/12-astrology-houses-meaning

The 4th House Rules Youth

So much of what is described in the fourth house is related to a person's youth, and because of that, many are irreversible. And because what lies in the fourth house describes the foundational understandings of the person, any change occurring because of transiting planets within the fourth house can have lasting impact on the individual, since it is modifying something that is so essential to a person's existence. With other houses, the qualities of the world that change are internal to the individual.

https://labyrinthos.co/blogs/astrology-horoscope-zodiac-signs/4th-fourth-house-of-home-astrology

JUPITERASC

it seems interesting to think of 4th House (IC) as mom´s house;
i have Sun in the 4th and from time to time
the issue of the nature of the 4th house seems to arise...

greetings

Main Rulerships of 4th House = Everything that relates to the foundation
and roots of our existence.
Parents in general
and
fathers in particular :smile:

grandparents and ancestry.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h4.html

these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

MOBILE
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload
3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'
4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)
3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way :smile: