Should I stay or should I go?

wan

Hello. I am faced with a difficult decision, and I call on the power of horary to help me decide.

Background: I have a serious crush on my manager at work. We are definitely not close or anything (I have only been working with him for a little over a month). We would sometimes talk, but most of the time it's strictly business.

Last time I worked with him, I kind of got the sense that he was hinting at me to get away from him. I think that he has a girlfriend and that he wants nothing to do with me. And then, on another day when I was working with someone else, I had a very unpleasant time with this person. I really did not want to have to work with this person again but there was no escaping it, because my manager needed someone to work Tuesday.

So, I decided it was best to just quit. I handed in my 2 weeks' notice. Now, I got an email from my manager, who was essentially asking me to stay. He also said that I would not have to work on Tuesdays anymore (now I could completely avoid that guy that I hated working with). But I am really torn, I am not sure if I should stay or not. Even if I got to work with my manager, he most likely has a gf and I would feel like I was wasting my time.

I have cast a horary chart asking whether I should stay with this job, or if I should go. I took a cursory look at it, and it didn't look very good. Significator of 1st house in the 12th. This is bad, right? I am guessing the answer is I should go. But I still want to hear from the experts. Can someone please tell me whether I should quit this job or not? I need to decide by this Saturday, that's when I am working with my manager. I will need to give him a definite answer. Thanks.

Attachments

• job.gif
    job.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
If it weren't for having a crush on your manager, would you want to quit this job?

You are Saturn. You are in domicile. Manager could be read as Sun, if you see him primarily as a love interest, or in the context of the job, as your boss, we could consider him Jupiter. Either way, you look more comfortable in the situation than he does. Both Sun and Jupiter are disposited by Saturn. Jupiter is with Saturn. Sun doesn't see Saturn.

If you do quit, do you have another source of income? Do you have another job lined up? What if you have a difficult coworker there, or a crush on your new manager? Will you just quit again?

Could Saturn in domicile mean you overall like your job, at least the work itself? Something about it seems to have you in your element, literally.

Most workplaces have policies against people dating each other if they're in the same chain of command. Some have policies against any dating between coworkers. If yours does, then whether he has a girlfriend or not, he's off limits. Even if yours doesn't, it's still not a good idea, ever, to date a manager or subordinate, and he's likely to make himself off limits to you for that reason. So if you see courting your manager as the only reason for keeping this job, you're wasting your time anyway.

wan

Wow, this is pretty amazing. I in fact, do like the nature of my job. I just don't think I am very good at it. And yes, I do have another source of income if I do quit this job, so money isn't an issue.

And to your questions, yes, if I find another job and I do encounter someone else that I don't like, or that I have a crush on my new manager, I will just quit again. It's no biggie. I have been a job hopper ever since I started working. It doesn't bother me at all. For as long as I can remember, I have always been this way (10th house in a mutable sign).

And you are right, I shouldn't stay with a job if my having a crush on the manager is the only reason keeping me there. So, this solidifies my decision. I am quitting this job. Thanks, Osa.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Does the crush on the manager really outweigh liking the nature of your job? And the income you get from it? Unless your other source of income is serious independent wealth, and completely immune to loss, it's not safe to put all your eggs in that basket.

If hope of dating your manager is really the only reason you want this job, you were barking up the wrong tree to begin with.

Based on Saturn's position--domiciled and in the house of its joy--it looks to me like you are good at this job. If you feel you're not, that may be because you haven't been doing it long enough to learn that you are. If you quit now, that will never happen.

It looks like you're doing your own thing there, independently of any real entanglements with others.

wan

Does the crush on the manager really outweigh liking the nature of your job? And the income you get from it? Unless your other source of income is serious independent wealth, and completely immune to loss, it's not safe to put all your eggs in that basket.

Without going into too many details, yes, my other source of income is ironclad and completely immune from loss. It's not "wealth" by any means, however it gets me by.

I really can't decide whether the crush outweighs my liking the nature of my job. The only thing I know is that if I don't get to date my manager like I had hoped I could, I will just move on to another job, and see if I can find someone there. I pretty much use jobs as a way to find men. Its like I said, money isn't an issue. I know this makes me a bad employee, and I kind of feel sorry for people who have hired, or will ever hire me.

If hope of dating your manager is really the only reason you want this job, you were barking up the wrong tree to begin with.

I would not say he is the only reason for me wanting this job. I sort of like this job, I like the hours, it's not very demanding, and I like the fact we get tips. But, it's like I said, if he doesn't like me back then I am not staying. I want a man in my life badly.

Based on Saturn's position--domiciled and in the house of its joy--it looks to me like you are good at this job. If you feel you're not, that may be because you haven't been doing it long enough to learn that you are. If you quit now, that will never happen.

It looks like you're doing your own thing there, independently of any real entanglements with others.

I am not sure if I am good with this job or not. I will probably get better at it if I do stay, but I think that applies to any job.

You have asked some very good, really thought-provoking questions, Osa. Questions that really made me think.