Srila Bhakti Rakshak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj

marian12345

2mmcxh0.jpg

Srila Bhakti Rakshak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj (1895-1988) was a Vaishnava saint born in West Bengal in a Brahmana family.
Lagna is in Cancer, occupied by his lord, Moon, and the 9th house lord, Jupiter.Argala from the 11th house from Lagna is obstructed by the conjunction of Sun and Mars from the 3rd house.Hence, we find a powerful influence of the sattva guna in this native.The sign Cancer is also, a sattvic sign (Jupiter, Moon and Sun are the sattvic planets in astrology).Moon (mind) and Jupiter (God, being the lord of the 9th house and karaka for the same house) shows the main focus (samadhi) of the mind: meditation on God.Moon and Jupiter are in a Nakshatra own by Saturn, who is exalted (as the 8th house lord- sadhana) in the 4th house of mind, with the 12th house lord (meditation), Mercury.Jupiter and Moon are very close (two degrees) and forms many good yogas.
Dear Crystalpages, I think that we may find this chart very interesting.

Marian

Last edited:

marian12345

Sannyasa.In 1930 his Guru gave him sannyasa.For a sannyas the conjunction of Ketu with Venus is very good.Venus is karaka for kama/material desires and Ketu is karaka for moksa, and when they are togheter, the native gives up entirely his desire to enjoy his material senses (in a case of an ordinary man, he is obstructed in his sensual life).For a Cancer Lagna native (as also for a Pisces Lagna native) the 7th house of sex and the 12th house of pleasures of the bad/sex are lorded by the two eunuch planets of astrology: Saturn and Mercury, and hence he is naturally inclined to celibacy, if other yogas in the chart shows the same thing.Saturn rules here the 7th and 8th houses, and in the 8th house is Rahu, and Aquarius is the mulatrikona sign for Saturn, hence, he indicates renouncement.Saturn is exactly with Mercury, the 12th house lord (pleasures of bad/sex) in the sign of sex (Libra), and Venus is the dispositor who is in the yoga for sannyasa with Ketu.His sannyasa was authentic and absolute.

Marian

Crystalpages

Marian,

Since you diverted and decided to start a different thread, we were actually discussing charakarakas and then you spoke about other karakas and branched into gunas!
Hence, here is the thread to remind readers about the background and context:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=599360#post599360
Specifically, you mentioned:
"Jyotisha is a descriptive science, and as such, it encompass everything, hence the soul is shown by Sun in horoscop.Now, even though the spiritual level of a human being is shown by AtmaKaraka planet, Sun still shows spirituality in some yogas.For example, if Sun is in Lagna or Lagna Lord is with Sun, the native is inclined spiritually (same for argala (**) from Sun on Lagna).Sun with Ketu in trikona (Rasi or Navamsa) shows a knower of Atma.
Yes, from Karakamsa we must see yogas for spirituality (and even from Navamsa Lagna).
"
and then,
"Above Earth are another six planetary systems (which are delimited by the level of consciousness), and below the Earth are another 7 planetary systems.Our level is called Bhu-loka, above is Bhuvar-loka and so on.
"
You declined to explain using Yogananda's chart for which data is in public knowledge (hence proposed by me for you to illustrate your statements). But that is fine, though somewhat haphazard with split-discussions, whichever chart you feel confident about would be fine! :)

In order to make this meaningful, vis-a-vis your earlier statements, would you kindly focus on the above points (karakamsa, navamsa-spirituality, and what about vimsamsa??etc) made by you so that this example analysis can be connected to the discussion/conversation?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Last edited:

marian12345

I've said that Sun in Lagna or with argala on Lagna makes one spiritual.In this case, Taurus, being the 11th house, have argala on Lagna, but this argala is removed, obstructed by the planets in 3rd house, and hence, Sun have virodhargala on Lagna.We may even take into account the argala caused by malefic planets in the 3rd house from every house (see Parashara, Chapter on Argala).
In Navamsa, Lagna is in Leo, and Sun is with Ketu in 2nd house.Parashara and Jaimini both say that the combinations given by them for the first house in Navamsa, also apply for the 2nd house in Navamsa.So, Maharaja has Sun-Ketu as if it is in a trikona (moreover, as Lagna lord in Navamsa, Sun with Ketu shows that this combination is very important).Sun with Ketu (as I've said) gives a very good spiritual combination, named, by some, Siva yoga.This gives perfect knowledge about the atma.Sun is Chara Atmakaraka also, and this shows his great spirituality.
If AK planet rules the Lagna in Navamsa, the native is born in a very good family, and Maharaja was born in a respected Brahmana family.
We must count from the AK planet to Lagna in Navamsa, and we get 12, and this again shows his spirituality.
His AK Sun is in Vargottama, and this makes Sun auspicious and powerful.This shows that the spiritual combinations of Sun gives full results.

Marian

Last edited:

RishiRahul

2mmcxh0.jpg

Srila Bhakti Rakshak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj (1895-1988) was a Vaishnava saint born in West Bengal in a Brahmana family.
Lagna is in Cancer, occupied by his lord, Moon, and the 9th house lord, Jupiter.Argala from the 11th house from Lagna is obstructed by the conjunction of Sun and Mars from the 3rd house.Hence, we find a powerful influence of the sattva guna in this native.The sign Cancer is also, a sattvic sign (Jupiter, Moon and Sun are the sattvic planets in astrology).Moon (mind) and Jupiter (God, being the lord of the 9th house and karaka for the same house) shows the main focus (samadhi) of the mind: meditation on God.Moon and Jupiter are in a Nakshatra own by Saturn, who is exalted (as the 8th house lord- sadhana) in the 4th house of mind, with the 12th house lord (meditation), Mercury.Jupiter and Moon are very close (two degrees) and forms many good yogas.
Dear Crystalpages, I think that we may find this chart very interesting.

Marian

Hello Marian,

Is he the same person as given in this link?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Gosai108/Bhakti_Rakshaka_Sridhara_Deva_Gosvami

RishiRahul

RishiRahul

Pretty impressive accomplishments. I wonder where in the horoscopes of saintly persons are the indicators for their enormous energy and in many cases Charisma!

RR

Technically speaking, enormous energy & Charisma should come from Mars Rahu Sun.

If one sees charts of most saints, I think, strong benefics or Ketu will be seen in the 3rd. and or 6th. from AL, which gives rise to saintly nature + spiritual path, together.

Pravrajya yogas and Tapaswi Yogas add to renunciation & strong dedication in spiritual seeking.

Maybe that is the charisma?!

Rishi

Last edited:

Crystalpages

Technically speaking, enormous energy & Charisma should come from Mars Rahu Sun.

If one sees charts of most saints, I think, strong benefics or Ketu will be seen in the 3rd. and or 6th. from AL, which gives rise to saintly nature + spiritual path, together.

Pravrajya yogas and Tapaswi Yogas add to renunciation & strong dedication in spiritual seeking.

Maybe that is the charisma?!

Rishi

Rishi ji,

The charisma of superstars (including successful politicians) and their crowd-gathering power are almost at par if not more than of the saints and sages and spiritual leaders. The latter that do choose to come into the lime-light or are propelled by their sad-gurus? Given the unquestionably different spiritual makings of the two broad classes (entertainers vs entrainers) my guess is that the charisma is not related to the factors that make one attain moral and spiritual ascendancy!

But, since people are claiming (and have been, here and there and elsewhere) that a horoscope and astrology captures everything from muscles and bones to soul (!), then surely charisma must too have a rightful place and unique signature in the chart! Hopefully a clear, unfailing signature rather than the poor astrologer having to pick out of a jungle of thousands of possible yogas etc! :w00t:

Last edited:

RishiRahul

Rishi ji,

The charisma of superstars (including successful politicians) and their crowd-gathering power are almost at par if not more than of the saints and sages and spiritual leaders. The latter that do choose to come into the lime-light or are propelled by their sad-gurus? Given the unquestionably different spiritual makings of the two broad classes (entertainers vs entrainers) my guess is that the charisma is not related to the factors that make one attain moral and spiritual ascendancy!

But, since people are claiming (and have been, here and there and elsewhere) that a horoscope and astrology captures everything from muscles and bones to soul (!), then surely charisma must too have a rightful place and unique signature in the chart! Hopefully a clear, unfailing signature rather than the poor astrologer having to pick out of a jungle of thousands of possible yogas etc! :w00t:

Dear Dada,

Very true that 'The charisma of superstars (including successful politicians) and their crowd-gathering power are almost at par if not more than of the saints and sages and spiritual leaders' is the same.

RAHU surely, the supposedly shady planet!!

Now if we choose to differentiate true spiritualists (not self chosen spiritual leaders with the mind of the material), I would stick to:=

Charisma is the supposedly deceptive planet, Rahu.
Which means Rahu can be good too; just like sex is not always bad- it helps in procreation and also in keeping body functions better.

Rishi

Crystalpages

Dear Dada,

Very true that 'The charisma of superstars (including successful politicians) and their crowd-gathering power are almost at par if not more than of the saints and sages and spiritual leaders' is the same.

RAHU surely, the supposedly shady planet!!

Now if we choose to differentiate true spiritualists (not self chosen spiritual leaders with the mind of the material), I would stick to:=

Charisma is the supposedly deceptive planet, Rahu.
Which means Rahu can be good too; just like sex is not always bad- it helps in procreation and also in keeping body functions better.

Rishi

No planet is unconditionally good or bad; hence, jyotish is called by us a system that is not black and white but truly portrays Life which is nothing but shades of GREY! ;-)

Nodes being chaaya grihas have, I believe, therefore magnetic attributes and assume the attributes of planets that are associated with them in charts. It is good to remember that; many tend to forget!

RR

Last edited: