Schizophrenia in nativity

Inline

Hello

I would like to hear some opinion about signs of schizophrenia in the natal chart. If there's someone with interesting links on the subject - please share it.

Hi Helix,

It can be hard to distinguish the chart of a dyslexic, autistic, or bi-polar (neurodivergent) person from a person with schizophrenia.

Autism was once thought to be a type of schizophrenia, and today many autistics are still being treated with antipsychotics. The common neurological signs of both conditions are - disorganization and/or speech disturbances, poor coordination or left-right confusion. While unusual perceptual experiences, delusions and hallucinations are symptoms of schizophrenia. Observations however, show that neurodivergent & schizophrenic charts are very similar, even indistinguishable from each other, which makes sense if both conditions are genetically similar.

Many charts show a high degree of Neptunian energy through close aspects to personal planets. I was dsylexic as a child but overcame the worst of it as an adult, although i still have left-right confusion: my chart shows - Capricorn 27° Mercury square Scorpio 1°Jupiter conjunct 4° Neptune/NN.

Other examples...watery Mercury square Neptune/Uranus; or Moon conjunct NN (an aspect in Vedic which is considered a possible indication of mental illness when in hard aspect to Saturn, Uranus, Neptune or Pluto)....or Sedna has also been investigated for a connection to neurological conditions.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
IMO, its all about the nuances provided by asteroids. I haven't yet explored schizophrenia specifically, but I have done so for Borderline Personality disorder. In that case, it was clearly shown by asteroid aspect to the most powerful and highest friction planets(using Astrodynes) in the natal chart.

I will be exploring a number of variations to cognitive structure in the next year for my book.

astralrabbit

Account Closed
John Nash Natal Chart. One of the more famous cases.

Attachments

• JohnNash.jpg
    JohnNash.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 62

ScorpioCrow

My grandmother (long deceased) had it. I never looked very closely at her chart, but if there's anything notable...

Here's the info:
12 July 1945 Cincinnati, Ohio (time unknown)

Are there any indicators of mental illness in her chart???

Claire19

Without the time of birth it is rather difficult to say. The markers I would look for are challenged Mercury with, Neptune and Uranus but dont see anything really standing out from the chart I drew up. Mercury is conjunct Pluto but that alone is not sufficient to identify the illness. Without her proper rising sign we cannot really help you identify the illness. If she had a significant 12th house for instance that would point to her issues. People with strong Gemini and afflicted often have mental issues as well as Aquarians. But that is a generalisation.

Last edited:

ScorpioCrow

I think she is Scorpio or Sagittarius rising, likely born between 4:30-5:30 pm. She died of a heart attack, so placing the Sun in 8th house would give that ascendant.

rahu

Banned
Hello
I would like to hear some opinion about signs of schizophrenia in the natal chart. If there's someone with interesting links on the subject - please share it. I don't have my own opinion about factors that could contribute to it ( except for lack of planetary connections , which is obviously not the case )
Thank You for sharing !

Helix
the problem is that schizophrenia is an ill defined term to describe many different mental ailments, so to finding single cause for diverse mental attitudes is difficult if not impossible. one needs to take each case one by one

rahu

Blackempress

Schizophrenia is a disorder where the person loses contact with reality (Neptune) and starts hearing voices of people warning, commenting, criticizing or threatening them. It has a neurological base of an imbalanced Neurotransmitter Dopamine.

Inline nicely summed up the cocktail of planets that could be involved with the disorder. There was a chart posted some time ago of the 7 year old girl diagnosed with Schizophrenia. Neptune is the most prominent/highest planet that absorbs all else.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50062&highlight=Jani

The other culprit for over-tuning senses is Uranus *higher octave of Mercury*. Saturn tends to create delays as far as my understanding goes. Disability is something I would associate with it, but that's my 2-cents. Hard aspects to Mercury or unfavorable position could disrupt 'normal' communication.

Along with the planets/aspects also read the houses- 6th can give something about health & 12th is the house of Neptune/Pisces dissolving everything. Associated Signs are important too- Aquarius, Gemini & Pisces especially.

Mercury-Uranus aspects create insanity or genius.John Nash had both with his Mercury 12th house SQ Uranus.

Last edited: