Will my electrical generator be a long term success?

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi Caprising,
I thought I'd take a look at this for you.
Firstly I see you are the sun, as h1 is ruled by Leo and the moon in Leo is right there.
There are no issues as to the chart being radical-moon not void etc...
After re reading your post, my feeling is that your real question more relates to the continued supply of the free cooking oil>?
Anyway-to look at the big picture-
Your feelings are strong on this matter.(Moon on asc.).Leo being a fixed sign also expresses the long term nature of your goal.
Having Leo on the ascendant does reflect those who occupy high positions in government services, managers of big corporations or concerns, directors , captains, sales managers ,etc. Luxury item related careers are found to be successful for the leos.
http://www.astrology-x-files.com/x-files/planet-signification.html
According to those guys, generators are also ruled by the sun. Venus however, rules over the cooking oil apparently.
Now we see the sun in in Taurus, so under Venus's rulership, in h8.This seems to be validating your question, that the success is related to the venusian component, the cooking oil.
Venus is also the ruler of your second house-your financial state.
Venus itself is in its own sign which does give it some strength to act on your behalf here.
Venus though is located in h9-the house that rules overseas matters, legal issues,and in horary it's a house that does not give a planet much strength.
Venus is separating from the mildly helpful sextile to Jupiter in h7-this may describe the losing of the free oil-Jupiter is dignified in pisces and by being in your h7 of others, whose ruler is Saturn.
(I notice Neptune is right there-the Moderns will smile!as they claim Neptune rules oils.I do find that often the outer planets add more colour to a horary.)

The moon also applies a square to Venus, suggesting difficulties in keeping your finances strong.
In this chart Jupiter also rules the outcome, being the Lord of h4, which tells us how it all ends.
That upcoming opposition of Jupiter to Saturn, on that h1-h7 axis has me worried.
However, Venus is trine to saturn-they apply to one another.This tells me that those represented by h7-oil suppliers, will perhaps be able to continue to supply you for 2 *somethings*-I'm thinking months here and as venus is in h9-legal contracts, it looks like a written undertaking.
Venus (your money) is moving toward h10 cusp-the high point, but before it hits that MC, it moves into Gemini, where it has no real strength.
What it does have though, is mutual reception with Mercury, ruler of your tenth, so venus can get stronger helped by Mercury, which is retrograde at the moment, going back into your h8 of other's resources.
For success, I look at h10 cusp, its ruler, and Pars Fortuna.
Your Pars is located in h4 btw, a good place to have it.
H10 is ruled by Mercury. I notice Mercury is intercepted in your first house so we can say that Mercury co-rules you.
At present, Mercury is combust the sun in yr h8-showing money issues as h8 is also the house of losses.Yours is ruled by Mars, trapped in h12 with the sun (your ruler) coming up to meet it head on.
Mercury often rules *paperwork*, among other things-definitely communication though.
As h8 rules taxes and the tax dept, others' resources, and you have the combustion of merc with your venture, right there, I'm hoping there aren't going to be problems in that department, as Mars rules h8, is in h12 and the sun (you) is applying to a square with mars.
Venus will soon move to Gemini and this is suggesting a need to negotiate a legal contract re the oils, or an overseas supplier.
Mars also rules your third house of communications and negotiations.
You also have Regulus in your first house.(the heart of the lion)
The most Royal Star. Raphael, the Healing Archangel, the Watcher of the North. Nobility, ambition, alertness, great power, status, leadership, sudden downfall, accidents, violence. Said by some to be the most benefic star in the universe. 29° Leo 53
http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html#Leo
The moon will conjunct it in 8 *somethings*-fixed signs can be years, but the moon is fast, so maybe months.
That can only help.
The chart suggests you may need to take a detour if you are to have success.
Intercepted h1 is suggesting that.
The immediate future does seem to have some difficulties.
Cheers
Lilly

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Cap,
It may be better to cast a horary as options come up for you-ie *should I do such and such*...
This question was looking at quite a few things, really.
My gut feeling is to try to somehow secure your *source of supply*, by some kind of written arrangement with your current supplier.

.So how long would it take to learn horary to an "acceptable" level?

I'd say it depends on how many charts you do for practice. When I began a few years ago, my astrology teacher advised me to cast as many horaries as possible, to get the idea of the process of deconstructing the chart.
From where I sit at my computer, I can see whether my friendly neighbour is home or not. So when I was learning, I'd ask *is she home*? Then when I'd finished my attempt, I'd open the curtain and check! I learned A LOT through that process.
Dog goes missing? Do a chart. Will the client turn up? Do a chart. You get the idea...
I don't think you can put a time frame onto learning horary-everyone's different.

Do you follow any particular favourite astrologer,
I have to say I have found by following William Lilly's guidelines, my charts have tended to more accurate, but I also use Gadbury, and if I come up against a problem I go googling. This had led me to me some fascinating astrologers out there.Now that Deb Houlding's translated William Lilly on Skyscript, it's really easy to check things.

and lastly while I'm asking questions, what sort of accuracy could one expect horary to give in percentage terms?

In the hands of a really competent astrologer, no reason why it can't be 100%.My own astrology teacher never got one horary chart wrong that I asked to be done.
In hindsight, often we can see what we *missed*. There's a lot of weighing up to do with a horary chart.

It does seem to be less stressful than psyche astro, in fact it might be something that I would really enjoy

Worth giving it a try-I'm totally hooked on it. I have cap rising too btw.

Cheers
Lil