Saturn Mercury Dasha Sandhi

abhi252

Respected Astrologers,

I have a few questions about the change of mahadashas from Saturn Mahadasha to Mercury Mahadasha. I have heard this is one of the hardest dasha sandhis for a person - how true is this? Personally for me - from a mental viewpoint I have often felt that there is no light at the end of the tunnel during this period.

Firstly,
1. How long does this dasha sandhi period have an effect on a person? I have read that it could be anywhere between 9 months to 2 years - what is the general consensus on this? [This source says 9 months - https://honestastrologer.com/2020/04/27/shani-mahadasha-saturn-mahadasha/]

2. I have recently had this dasha sandhi, (its been more than 9 months) but the effects still seem to be ongoing. How do I determine if the dasha sandhi phase is actually over and what is going on is going to be the general theme of the mercury mahadasha?? or the dasha sandhi phase is still ongoing?

creativei

There is nothing to break the head in this . just a simple one genarally own bukti of mahadasa wont give the results of prescribed dasa . only in its sub period it gives . till then it continues what pre dasa effects .

" suya dasai suya bukti yethuvum seyathu " but they chandra is exceptional to this . you see immediate results of chandra dasa in its own bukti itself i.e moon-moon period .

Also another thing in seeing dasa result is check in which degree particular planet of dasa falls if its within 10 deg you see results in first half if its btw 10-20 deg then you see results in second half of dasa , if its 20 -30 then it gives results only in the end of the dasa . rasi 30 deg divide into 3 parts 10deg each and see which deg particular dasa of planet falls .

still if u need mathematical calculation then follow it ..

1. Combine the length of the previous dasha + the length of the next dasha

2. calculate 10 percent of this total

3. divide this 10 percent figure roughly in half

For Example

if advancing from Surya Mahadasha into Chandra Mahadasha, add together 6 years for Surya and 10 years for Chandra. The two combined periods = 16 years

= 10% of 16 years = 1.6 years (approx. 18 months)

= dasha sandhi begins approximately 9 months before the end of Surya mahadasha

= dasha sandhi ends approximately 9 months after the start of Chandra mahadasha

= Surya Mahadasha will start losing momentum soon after the start of Surya-Shukra bhukti ; Chandra Mahadasha will give full effects only after the first 9 months of Chandra/Chandra.

again im telling dasa lord of own bukti wont do any good , it will be stand still only in sub period it does . but this not apply to maraka . maraka happens even in own bukti too . esp sat sat , mars mars , rahu rahu etc .

abhi252

Thank you very much for the answer.

The maraka, badhaka planets are based on the ascendant though right?

So mercury is a maraka planet for the Jupiter ruled ascendant signs right? So would this mean the effect is immediate?

creativei

Thank you very much for the answer.

The maraka, badhaka planets are based on the ascendant though right?

So mercury is a maraka planet for the Jupiter ruled ascendant signs right? So would this mean the effect is immediate?

Not only asc but also from moon sign . but asc comes into play first . strong asc lord counterattacks those evils . strong 8th lord , sat , benefics aspecting 8th wont kill the person even maraka dasa is in operation , we have to see all , should not stick to one .

Badhak is different its not maraka . simply it means obstacles , futile . main karaktwa of that house gets lost . for fixed sign 9th for moveable 11th for dual its 7th . you indeed get that house related things but it wont be useful for you . eeg. if you are moveable asc like aries cancer etc 11th is badhak ,you indeed elder borns but they wont be useful for you in any way .

Dont worry your mercury placed well as i said before only wife troubles . it happens for all ! .