What misfortunes will Jupiter bring during his coming mahadasha?

duenderoja

Dear gurus -

My Jupiter dasha will begin this August 2016.

Jupiter is badhaka [functional malefic] for my Virgo ascendant. It rules the 4th and 7th houses.

As my Jupiter dasha begins, it will be entering the house it was natally placed in - Virgo [Jupiter return].

How do you foresee things going?

Thank you all for your thoughts.

Last edited:

Crystalpages

Dear Sanari,

From a non-guru (shiverrrs!) perspective, I -- while remaining respectful of the concept of 'badhaksthana' (11th, 9th and 7th for movable-chara, fixed-sthira and common-dwiswabhava signs, respectively) -- do not automatically consider the lords of badhaka houses as evil, destructive, ominous, etc. My apologies to Functional Gurus for any anguish caused by my statement! :-(

A funeral home or police station can be rather grim locations (also hospitals etc), but there is more to an undertakier or a policeman or doctor or nurse than his or her work-place, surely? Those (planets and karakas etc) that do land in these workplaces are the ones that must trigger our focus, attention naturally, but not necessarily who owns those seemingly-grim work-places...?

Astrology, despite all its romanticisms and increasingly puritanical flavour must remain tuned-into worldly reality! It was never intended as a come-hither for spiritual salvation, but more for reducing the UNCERTAINTY that worldly human phase was meant to suffer from but without losing all hopes or running after magical solutions...?

Just sharing my thoughts openly without any intentions to upset or offend you (and others)! The avasthas -- 3, 5, 9, 12, might be helpful further, but perhaps most effectively after one who wishes to be a jyotishi-ni puts his/her chart away?

There is an interesting parallel with "The medical student's syndrome" which usually afflicts students of medicine and also astrology...?

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

duenderoja

There is an interesting parallel with "The medical student's syndrome" which usually afflicts students of medicine and also astrology...?

So true!

I have suffered so much thus far and I have been looking forward to this Jupiter mahadasha, though. I will take life one day at a time as always - but I am hoping for good things!

Crystalpages

So true!

I have suffered so much thus far and I have been looking forward to this Jupiter mahadasha, though. I will take life one day at a time as always - but I am hoping for good things!

Ants can and do bite, dear?

But watch them from a distance and marvel at how they seem to get along and manage their dharma!

They go and get along beautifully as per their natural propensities?

If reincarnational-progression (evolution?) were the Ultimate Divine Plan, then wouldn't we humans be the happiest beings in this Creation of Brahma?

Always a hater of fences and painting (preserving their integrity) those, once I had no choice! As I tuned-in to that matter-at-hand chore on a hot summer afternoon, a bhramari flew in. Normally, She would have scared me away -- but didn't...?

Strangely enough, it was a two-fer...? ;-)

mathur_dinesh

Jupiter is in the ascendant in your chart. It gets directional strength here. This perhaps is one of the finest placements for Jupiter. The only negative for this position is the possibility of putting on weight during this major period!!
It projects aspect to the fifth house. It is the house of children, entertainment and creativity. It is also the house of romance.
Jupiter is itself the karaka for children. The owner of the fifth house is Saturn. It is with Jupiter. Therefore Jupiter in its major-period will bring to fore matters relating to birth or otherwise of children.
Your imagination and creativity would be active but you may have to be careful as unbridled imagination may not help.
Venus is in a constellation of Jupiter. Therefore romance would of course be in the air during this period. Long term relationships would be prominent. You may also be interested in the fields of entertainment and amusement.
This is going to be a more fortunate period than the major-period of Rahu. :biggrin:
There may be an episode of a setback of emotional nature as Mars occupies a sign of Jupiter.

Last edited:

duenderoja

Jupiter is in the ascendant in your chart. It gets directional strength here. This perhaps is one of the finest placements for Jupiter. The only negative for this position is the possibility of putting on weight during this major period!!
It projects aspect to the fifth house. It is the house of children, entertainment and creativity. It is also the house of romance.
Jupiter is itself the karaka for children. The owner of the fifth house is Saturn. It is with Jupiter. Therefore Jupiter in its major-period will bring to fore matters relating to birth or otherwise of children.
Your imagination and creativity would be active but you may have to be careful as unbridled imagination may not help.
Venus is in a constellation of Jupiter. Therefore romance would of course be in the air during this period. Long term relationships would be prominent. You may also be interested in the fields of entertainment and amusement.
This is going to be a more fortunate period than the major-period of Rahu. :biggrin:
There may be an episode of a setback of emotional nature as Mars occupies a sign of Jupiter.

Thank you sir!

I will report back after a year. :)

kshantaram

Premium Member
jup-sat lords 4/5 and 5/7 conj virgo asc trine moon good,
could promote progress-prosperity,
through creative pursuits, research in economics, etc,

jup aspects own pisces 7th could promote-protect relationship-marriage,
though under stress-delay as pisces-jup inimical/badhaka for virgo asc.

sat lord 6th for health too, badhaka jup and sat combination
could tend to health issues, intestinal, liver, abdominal, etc

jup as lord 4th over the asc could suggest attachment to mother,
good for domestic comforts and property matters, especially jup-sat lords 4/5 conj.

jup over asc considered supportive-protective of chart inspite of any deficiencies in chart.
while care for health issues, things happening under stress-delay, jup-mer/virgo unfriendly,
hence not as co-operative to expectations. could keep expectations moderate.

jup trine debilated aspect over moon-rahu cap 5th could affect heart-stomach-lungs-knees etc,
prone to emotional depression, could affect romance-children-social status/position etc to watch,
may be inclined to relationship with foreigners. moon-rahu calls for ancestor worship.

sat transit scorpio aspect own cap 5th protective of position-education etc,
but may not be good for health of children to care, coming 2yrs.

jup-rahu transit leo come 016 could vitiate judgment tending to rise-fall to care over the yr,
transit 6th from moon under stress, while could tend to foreign travels, relationship, jup lord 7th.

jup transit leo trine own sag 4th promoting domestic comforts etc

ketu 016 for 1.5yr transit acq 6th prone to job separation, aggressive with opponents,
prone to pain-injury-surgery intestinal-lower legs/sciatica etc.

hope generic observations-inputs enable take stock. find helpful, could share feedbacks.

wishing prosperity-property from 16yrs jup dasa,
jup sat lords 4/5 as well as 5/7,
jup protective over asc and trine moon,
jup-sat research aptitude/economics etc,
keeping expectations moderate,
jup badhaka over unfriendly virgo asc,
caring for health issues for self-mother.
hope promotes relationship, care for health of children.

kshantaram

natal rahu true node cancer, sensitive, gains from foreigners/foreign friends etc

moon-ketu separative node cap 5th, prone to pain-injury-surgery
heart-stomach-knees etc,
affecting mother-education-romance-children-position,
calls for ancestor worship-appeasement,
moon aspecting own cancer 11th protective of income-gains-friendships
moon-ketu cap practical, event-education management, ambitious, hardworking,

Last edited:

duenderoja

Kshantaram:

In evaluating this statement:

"jup transit leo trine own sag 4th promoting domestic comforts etc"

I found it to be very relevant for me. I had a housing issue at the beginning of the year. It was very discomfiting.

But Jupiter entered leo on june 20th, and I found [or it found me] a comfortable living situation on July 3rd. It will get better from here.

Just wanted to let you know.

retinoid

I still use tropical signs for vedic astrology including the dasas so if you use that you probably are in a different dasa. However, your jupiter is overall good in your chart. You also cannot talk about jupiter without mentioning saturn since they are so close. If you struggle with organization then this dasa will help you support saturnian efforts to make a more orderly world for yourself.

You will most likely move, most likely suddenly and depression and difficulties with your childre, if you have any, can occur. Someone with your chart has a lot of confliction where children are concerned. It would be good to do counseling or take medication if you need to in order to help with any depression. Overall, a jupiter dasa will propel you to find new friends and learn to take control of your life and goals.

Also look at the nakshatra for your jupiter for more information.

duenderoja

I still use tropical signs for vedic astrology including the dasas so if you use that you probably are in a different dasa. However, your jupiter is overall good in your chart. You also cannot talk about jupiter without mentioning saturn since they are so close. If you struggle with organization then this dasa will help you support saturnian efforts to make a more orderly world for yourself.

You will most likely move, most likely suddenly and depression and difficulties with your childre, if you have any, can occur. Someone with your chart has a lot of confliction where children are concerned. It would be good to do counseling or take medication if you need to in order to help with any depression. Overall, a jupiter dasa will propel you to find new friends and learn to take control of your life and goals.

Also look at the nakshatra for your jupiter for more information.

I do not struggle with organization at all.

I do intend to move cross country, but the move will occur during the rahu dasha.

I fought with depression in my early 20s, and conquered it without medication. The likelihood of it occurring again is extremely low because I found the source of my happiness - within myself.

Your idea of "confliction" with children is based on moon being with ketu in the 5th house. Children are a hot button with me, because I have always dreamed of being a mother.

Thank you for your effort, but you need to take aspects and house lords into consideration as well. If you had, you would have seen that my greatest desire is to have children, but it has been delayed. I also suffered a miscarriage, but it is said that will happen with moon ketu conjunction.

I say these things because this is a learning forum.