Sabian for August 21 eclipse

Kuntuzangmo

Eclipse in one's own chart

(Sorry about the erroneous title of this thread. The content changed)

Ok, the eclipse is at 28 Leo. The sabian for 29 Leo:
PHASE 149 (LEO 29°): A MERMAID EMERGES FROM THE OCEAN WAVES READY FOR REBIRTH IN HUMAN FORM.
KEYNOTE: The stage at which an intense feeling-intuition rising from the unconscious is about to take form as a conscious thought.

I'm aware some have looked at earthquakes related to eclipses....this perhaps might point to tidal wave? Rebirth often comes after destruction, or shedding of old skin/life. To me it is a beneficial symbol so we'll see how it plays out.
It's also a mermaid, so maybe a woman will come forth from potential challenges to bring benefits to humans and humanity with wisdom that can be applied for the current situations.

Last edited:

Kuntuzangmo

Ok, the eclipse is at 28 Leo. The sabian for 29 Leo:
PHASE 149 (LEO 29°): A MERMAID EMERGES FROM THE OCEAN WAVES READY FOR REBIRTH IN HUMAN FORM.
KEYNOTE: The stage at which an intense feeling-intuition rising from the unconscious is about to take form as a conscious thought.

I'm aware some have looked at earthquakes related to eclipses....this perhaps might point to tidal wave? Rebirth often comes after destruction, or shedding of old skin/life. To me it is a beneficial symbol so we'll see how it plays out.
It's also a mermaid, so maybe a woman will come forth from potential challenges to bring benefits to humans and humanity with wisdom that can be applied for the current situations.

blackbery

Mermaids are mythical creatures. So wonder what this symbol could mean. It has to be related to the USA since the SE cuts right across the country. It could signal a new beginning rising up, an awareness from the American people that there has to be a new way to live. The old ways of bombing countries into submission simply because the USA says so hasn't worked yet the present POTUS is threatening to bomb
at least two countries that I'm aware of. I'm sure Iran will be next.

Thanks for posting the SAbian Symbol whatever it means.

Phoenix Venus

I think the eclipse will bring forth an energy that will allow people the opportunity to turn their visions into reality. It will be a great force for artists and innovators. Potentially bring people clarity and awareness regarding things that were resting under the surface.

Here's the full summation from Dane Rudhyar's "An Astrological Mandala":

"A MERMAID EMERGES FROM THE OCEAN WAVES READY FOR REBIRTH IN HUMAN FORM.

KEYNOTE:*The stage at which an intense feeling-intuition rising from the unconscious is about to take form as a conscious thought.

The mermaid personifies a stage of awareness still partially enveloped by the ever-moving and ever-elusive ocean of the collective Unconscious, yet already half formulated by the conscious mind. Any creative thinker or artist knows well the peculiar mixture of elation and anxiety characterizing such a stage. Will the intuitive feeling fade away reabsorbed into the unconscious, or will the inexpressible realization acquire the concreteness and expressible form of a concept or a definite motif in an art form?

This fourth symbol in the thirtieth five-fold sequence suggests that the fire of desire for concrete and steady form burns at the root of all techniques of self-expression. An unconscious energy archetype is reaching toward consciousness through*the creator, as cosmic Love seeks tangible manifestationthrough*human lovers. The whole pre-human universe reaches eagerly to the human stage of clear and steady consciousness. It is this great evolutionary urge, this elan vital, which is implied in this symbol of the mermaid seeking human incarnation — the*YEARNING FOR CONSCIOUS FORM AND SOLIDITY."

IleneK

Premium Member
How about it is suggesting that the symbolic meaning of the upcoming eclipse of the Sun by the Moon, the eclipse of young male/Sun energy by feminine/Moon is:

The stage at which an intense feeling-intuition rising from the unconscious is about to take form as a conscious thought.

How about that for the meaning?

Kuntuzangmo

Here is another interpretation for 29 Leo. I quite like this one.

Leo 29: A mermaid

Emerging with a new skin...

The 'mermaid' degree is tightly woven with the 'birthing' degrees of Leo/Aquarius 14.

The theme is emerging into a new realm just as a newborn baby emerges from the womb into the world. Tenderness, softness and delicate factors are the qualities associated with emergence.

The motion is like that of wiggling free from something tight, something that binds... a useful tip for individuals with placements here. the 'wiggle' motion can be very liberating in many arenas of life when the situation becomes tight.

An oft cited version of Leo 29 reads "A mermaid has climbed to the rocky shore of a bleak coast; she awaits a prince who will bring her immortality" Immortality???? A Prince????? Good grief. Immortality is not a word that plays well with the symbolic images of the Sabian symbols. Yet we continue to see and hear other fanciful renditions of the Sabian symbols in written works of professional Astrologers. Unbelievable!

You might as well say "A mermaid crawls on a rock and waits for some handsome Irish boy to delivery her the gift of immortality and maybe some pizza... meanwhile someone with green eyes is making crinkling noise with a foil bag that had been blowing around in the wind, decides to blow it up and pop it".

The original symbol is "A mermaid". Nothing more is needed here in order to work and understand the sense of the symbol. Honor the original words, the original symbols.

Blain Bovee

miquar

This eclipse makes a waxing trine to Uranus (orb 30') adding to the theme of new intuitions arising from the unconscious and acquiring manifest form. (Waxing aspects have more to do with potentiality becoming manifest than do waning aspects. And the waxing trine marks the beginning of the 5th (thus Leonine) stage of a synodic (phase) cycle when the cycle is divided into twelve stages.)

Best wishes

Miquar