Ascendant and Appearance - do they match up?

Do your Appearance match your Ascendant?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

david starling

Virgo is analytically inclined. I personally relate its qualities to those of the "Virgin goddess" Athena, wise in both peace and war. Virgo is known as the Sign of generals. Strategy, tactics, flexibility in decision-making, and attention to detail. Mars in Virgo expresses these Virgoan traits extremely well, in an immediate way. The Moon/Mercury connection indicates an emotional component to the quick thinking necessary to gaming, which is crucial to motivation. In H1, it provides identity-support, another form of motivation. The internet itself is clearly linked to Mercury.

Love2Know

Just FYI most people enjoy online video games. It could be a good direction for your energy though Lyk..
I loved online video games. I miss them. It hurts writing this. They are like old lovers but more meaningful than my ex bfs. I think I loved my video games a lot more.

Love2Know

I would say for me, generally, yes, I do look like my Virgo rising. I am often told I seem shy or stand-offish. I have not been told this by other people, but I have a tendency to be high-strung or nervous in a lot of situations. At work I've been told I am good at peace-keeping and staying calm, i.e. in situations with angry people (I'm a receptionist). At times I come across to others as younger than I am. I'm fairly slim and usually I have a rather serious expression about me. I slouch a lot. I have light-ish straight brown hair naturally and I like to wear it down and keep it long. Right now it's almost half-way down my back. I'm considering dyeing it platinum blonde or ombre blonde (again). I have 5 ear piercings and a nose stud.

One thing that comes up often is Virgo risings being health conscious and taking good care of their bodies. I don't feel that applies to me. I most often don't exercise and I usually eat what I want whether it's a good choice or not. I have a terrible caffeine addiction. One summer I was eating mostly vegan and exercising at least once a week but it didn't last. I just checked over my transits at the time and I'm not sure I saw anything significant for my ascendant, but it was an emotionally terrible time (hence the self-care routine). Saturn was over my Moon/Pluto.

Ascendant aspects: Opposite Mars (orb 6d), Sextile Moon/Pluto (orb 1d), and Trine Neptune/Uranus (orbs 4/5d). My Mercury is in Aries in the 7th house.

I don't have anything in the 1st house.

Yes dye your hair ombré. Like platinum base pastel pinks? Maybe add like a light copper? You need this! What is your skin tone?

Love2Know

Oh my brother is Aries ascendant and he is insanely strong and average tall like 5’11. His eyes are almost black and his hair is black and his skin is darker than mine.

Boston Guy

So, you have a Cancer Asc., but don't look like it?

Questions:
Can you describe what you look like? Like describe your appearance?

Are there any planets on the Asc./ in the first house?

What aspects your Moon because it rules your Asc.

Please, people, instead of just saying a flat-out No, it really would be more helpful if you could provide some information as to what you think your kind of Asc. should look like and what you, in contrast, look like. Also, include if there are planets on your Asc. We are trying to learn here, as I said in my first post. A simple yes or especially a no does not help with learning.

Well, I'm bald (I have alopecia show I shave my head down to the skin to prevent it from showing) I'm relatively well-built on account of trying to stay fit. My abs have let themselves go, I'm afraid, but I used to have a decent six pack showing. Blue eyes, round head, uhh... Stocky, sure, I'm about 5'6", 165-170.

I'll just post my chart for your questions. I don't think I look anything like what I should based on my chart. While I apologize for not explaining my "no", I really must insist that my "no" remains. There is a slight chance that I might just not want to look like my Asc. lol.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Natal3.png
    Natal3.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 43

Love2Know

Well, I'm bald (I have alopecia show I shave my head down to the skin to prevent it from showing) I'm relatively well-built on account of trying to stay fit. My abs have let themselves go, I'm afraid, but I used to have a decent six pack showing. Blue eyes, round head, uhh... Stocky, sure, I'm about 5'6", 165-170.

I'll just post my chart for your questions. I don't think I look anything like what I should based on my chart. While I apologize for not explaining my "no", I really must insist that my "no" remains. There is a slight chance that I might just not want to look like my Asc. lol.

Cheers!

Cancer adds a youthfulness I find and obv your asc trine Saturn makes you appear more serious than you are.

guardian00angel

I kinda look like an Aquarius rising... I can make pretty weird/derpy expressions lol, and I seem girly when I wear feminine clothes, but talk to me long enough and the girly demeanor disappears.
I'm one to run across the street with a dress or heels on xP
I also am one to complain that my socks are itchy lol.
Sometimes I sit like a guy. xP

I also change my look.
I could be wearing street fashion one day, then cutesy clothes one day. Classy clothes one day, then comfy the next.

However, since I have Saturn conjunct prog. Ascendant right now, I don't feel my Aquarius rising is showing in interactions. I feel more withdrawn...

Also, I have-
Saturn in 1st House
Sun square Ascendant
Jupiter square Ascendant
Moon, Venus, + Mercury trine Ascendant

When I am inactive, I have a Saturn-like demeanor. My neutral face is, unfortunately, the resting bleep-face. =\
When I animate myself, however, I appear charming to others. People sometimes give me 2nd glances and those who've seen my friendly side like smiling at me and saying hi.
I think it's all thanks to Moon, Venus, + Mercury trine Ascendant. x)

If I didn't have social anxiety, I would love to be friendly to everyone I meet.

Also, I look quiet, but I can be loud and silly, so I think that's Sun square Ascendant. >.<

Hello. Newbie here and to astrology. I'm trying to make sense of what I am reading on here; it's all very interesting. From what little I have read, I don't feel I look much like my Scorpio Asc but maybe it has to do with Venus and my Pisces moon softening the Scorpio angles?

So I followed a link someone shared with me and found this:
"You are mercurial in appearance or manner, especially if Mercury is close to (within 10 degrees of) the Ascendant."

Now I have to look up what that means. :tongue:

Lykanized

Just FYI most people enjoy online video games. It could be a good direction for your energy though Lyk..
I loved online video games. I miss them. It hurts writing this. They are like old lovers but more meaningful than my ex bfs. I think I loved my video games a lot more.
Honestly, I'm not sure they're good for me. My relationship with them is that i use them as more of an escape from daily life. When I was depressed or when I am depressed they're more of a replacement for life. So these days I've really been focusing on moving away from them. My faves above all are fantasy rpgs so they have these beautiful worlds I can just get lost in

I've been attracted to martial arts since I was a small child, tho. I've never been able to find an affordable class, but I think I have now. The history and the aesthetic aspects of martial arts attract me. but most of all, I also love using my body and feeling its power and what it can do. I wonder if that's an expression of the Martian energy

Whoam1

Honestly, I'm not sure they're good for me. My relationship with them is that i use them as more of an escape from daily life. When I was depressed or when I am depressed they're more of a replacement for life. So these days I've really been focusing on moving away from them. My faves above all are fantasy rpgs so they have these beautiful worlds I can just get lost in

I've been attracted to martial arts since I was a small child, tho. I've never been able to find an affordable class, but I think I have now. The history and the aesthetic aspects of martial arts attract me. but most of all, I also love using my body and feeling its power and what it can do. I wonder if that's an expression of the Martian energy

The violence side is great for mars. But the using your body feeling the power, is the moon. Both in the first house, this would be a great activity for you to try.

Love2Know

Yeah I stopped playing them as well. I agree I need to get into working out as well again. My Declan for Leo is Aries yet really some bad transits the past few years because I went from insanely fit to insanely out of shape.
I also used to feel working out was almost meditative, you must relate with martial arts.

Whoam1

Now I have question. I do have an eight house moon and NN, the moon squares Pluto, Pluto Is conj. To Chiron, blackmoon, MC/AC mp, and to Venus (MC ruler). Venus, MC/AC mp and Sun/moon mp are in Scorpio. The Sun/Moon midpoint is in the 10th house in plutos decan and it's trine the AC. However, sun is conj AC in Capricorn, Saturn is in the fourth, Saturn is trine the moon and oppose the Sun/Moon mp. Clearly Sat. Has more influence on my looks, however everyone who meets me irl thinks I'm a Scorpio, especially noting my looks. My family even does it. Why would this be?

Alzander

I ticked ‘yes it does somewhat’.

I’m a Virgo ascendant opposite Pisces sun, Mercury, mars & Saturn

At first instance I appear somewhat shy, detached and serious (my Capricorn aspects add to this)

However like the case with many of us, once people warm to me and I warm to them they realise I’m not like that and the piscean personality becomes apparent. Kind, generous, empathetic and selfless are the characteristics that are dominant and this can overcome the ascendant very often in circumstances regarding strangers that I don’t know; particularly in my job at the moment. It’s as though I’m at times much more comfortable with those I completely don’t know and have never met compared to friends of friends or family where a certain environments can be considered awkward and too friendly or even fake.

This is a cool thread and in terms of appearance, I’m not totally sure if I look like a Virgo....I have small lips, nose and other features...however a robust jawline (Capricorn influence), piscean eyes, thick and quite veiny neck (Venus Taurus influence). I look much better with facial hair compared to clean shaven...not sure if that has anything to do with astrology or can be explained through it lol but I definitely look better with stubble or a beard than naked on the face.

Peace fellow StarLovers.

Love2Know

Ohhh StarLover would have been a good user name. I find some celeb Virgo asc have small noses and big chins actually. Uma therman for example. Usually really nice looking except I don’t know what happened to Jay Z.

Also, Chiron on asc can have scars. I have lots of scars all over my body. I do thinks very fast and I worked in a kitchen so I cut and burnt myself a lot.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Thanks, SF. So, what is Venus up to in your chart? Any planets in your first house? Any tight aspects to your Asc.?

That description sounds very venusian indeed.
I marked "yes, it does" when this thread was created but didn't leave a reply. OK, now I will (since I like talking about myself lol). I'm Libra ascendant and I think the usual descriptions of Libra ascendant match me very well. My ascendant is right on Spica btw. Even though I can be a jerk on the Internet sometimes (on this forum too), in real life I'm usually a nice guy. :) I do come across as being very polite and speak softly, I smile quite a lot in public, I can be playful but never to an extent so I make people around me uncomfortable. Overall the impression of people who meet me is that I am polite, nice, friendly, non-aggressive (my Mars is not that far away from my ascendant though, so it's not always like that) and also a bit awkward, but that is not because of my Libra ascendant. On the other hand, quite often I can seem shy and sometimes I'm just scared of approaching people I don't know (or know, but not closely) because I'm afraid of giving the wrong impression. If I see that the other person doesn't enjoy my company or if I find out that someone doesn't like me, it's a real tragedy for me. I can't take such things easily unlike some other people. And it's not that my ego is hurt, it's more like me beginning to doubt myself and being disappointed with myself.

Regarding my appearance, I think I'm quite attractive (did I tell you that I am very modest too? :)). I have brown hair (facial hair noticeably darker), hazel eyes (they can look very green sometimes; in fact they're a combination of light brown, green and bluish grey), very gentle (perhaps too gentle for a guy) and somewhat fleshy nose and full lips (ascendant ruler Venus in Taurus speaking, hello) and a prominent jawline. I'm very slim naturally (I did gain some unnecessary weight recently, but that's completely my fault), have thin long hands and fingers and I've been complimented on my legs a couple of times (they are like this naturally). ;)

I think I may delete this reply soon because I can already see myself rereading it a couple of months later and being very embarrassed that I decided to post this... :lol:

aquarius7000

It turns out I had been wrong about my birth time for a bit. I confused it with my sister's. This is my actual chart. Slightly different. It actually takes Mars and moon out of the 12th and into my 1st, so suppose maybe that intensifies the martian energy since it's not just conjunct
So there's no Uranus, Neptune, or Plutonian influence there unless aspects to Moon and Mars or Mercury count
It puts your Mars where I thought it must be, bang on the Asc., so all that you said about yourself in your first post on this thread can be explained by Mars' position.

Cheers!
LoL, that is indeed quite funny... not wanting to look like your Asc.:lol:

Actually, the average height, stocky figure, round head -- is all quite Cancer-like. DO you have a rather moonish-round face, too? Now, be honest.:p

Also, is your mum quite a go-getter kind, or at least high-strung kinds?

Thank you for sharing.

Whoam1

My AC is in Capricorn, I look like a capy AC or a Scorpio AC. I just found out that the reason I might feel more like a Scorpio is because Scorpio is more powerful in pullens chart than Capricorn, the only things stronger than the Scorpio would be the almost inactivated Taurus which only contains the chart ruler, and Aquarius because of a generational thing. Redid ruling planets it would be Saturn tied Pluto in first, Mars, Uranus or sun.(the math I redid was close it read Pluto-Saturn-Sun-Mars-Uranus).What would someone with these energies look like? The things that aspect my AC are the sun (conj.), Neptune and the two nodes (minor aspects), and the spiritual rising (in Scorpio).