Mars and motivation

obsidianmineral

Okay okay get off the topic of anger, mars/scorpio lol.....what about your mars/scorpio motivation factor ? And your sexual mars please...even though this is gonna maybe be a little like mine.
I mean, I think my motivation is like yours, I was talking about anger before because I felt there was more of a difference.

About sexual Mars... I don't know. :biggrin: What do you have to say about your sexual Mars?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I have Mars in Capricorn in my 8th.
So it is exalted by sign and placed in it's own house.
Mars IS Exalted in Capricorn
however
8th house IS NOT "Mars own house"

She said “exalted by sign” AND “placed in its own house”
implying she thinks these are two completely different things
which also implies she thinks that Mars rules the eighth house.
Additionally, it wouldn’t be “placed in its own house”
because it does not rule either Sagittarius or Capricorn
so that goes out the window.

Either way, she is incorrect.
Exactly :smile:

Chrysalis

I mean, I think my motivation is like yours, I was talking about anger before because I felt there was more difference.
So your motivation is," you do what you gotta do" ? I suppose that's what mine is.
About sexual Mars... I don't know. :biggrin: What do you have to say about your sexual Mars?

How can you not know your sexual mars ? im sure you do.
And i mentioned the sexual side of mars, as you might as well get all angles covered.

Mars in libra sexuality would be someone who isn't selfish, libras like to please people, so if the mars/ libra person is getting pleased in some way they'd want to return the favor as they like things to be fair. Not great at initiating.
As libras are about beauty then it would also be Candles lit, dimmed lights, some smelly oils burning, music (not for me though, i dnt like corny music on in the background).

Then also in my case having pluto in the mix gives the mars passion more intensity and depth.

D-Rok

"Mars own house" hahahaha. Didn't the houses have co-significators?

Like Venus and the 5th

S
U
N
And the 4th

Well they have like, planetary joys and stuff.

From memory: Mercury = 1, Moon = 3, Venus = 5, Mars = 6, Sun = 9, Jupiter = 11, Saturn = 12

So when the planet is in their respective house as listed above, you could say they are “happier”.

Mercury cause...I actually don’t know why.

Moon cause common travel and writing and stuff.

Venus cause babies and sex and pleasure.

Mars cause he LIKES severing and separating and causing problems. (Also Mars rules surgeons and doctors — see the sixth house for “illnesses”)

Sun cause the house of GOD.

Jupiter cause good fortune.

Saturn cause he is a miserable old man who loves making things miserable.

obsidianmineral

So your motivation is," you do what you gotta do" ? I suppose that's what mine is.

How can you not know your sexual mars ? im sure you do.
And i mentioned the sexual side of mars, as you might as well get all angles covered.

Mars in libra sexuality would be someone who isn't selfish, libras like to please people, so if the mars/ libra person is getting pleased in some way they'd want to return the favor as they like things to be fair. Not great at initiating.
As libras are about beauty then it would also be Candles lit, dimmed lights, some smelly oils burning, music (not for me though, i dnt like corny music on in the background).

Then also in my case having pluto in the mix gives the mars passion more intensity and depth.

Yeah I think my motivation is like yours. I am more like do what you gotta do.

I actually am getting surprised here. My mars makes me want intensity and depth sexually speaking, but I also like being balanced and enjoy candles. Maybe it's because of the aspect to Venus. I don't like music though, it's off-putting. I mean it'd be very awkward to have childish music in the background... Or motivational speeches hahaahaha

JUPITERASC

"Mars own house" hahahaha.

burning-house.jpg

Didn't the houses have co-significators?

Like Venus and the 5th

S
U
N
And the 4th

Clearly thinking of planetary JOYS :smile:

joys.gif

Planet Joy
Mercury 1st
Moon 3rd
Venus 5th
Mars 6th
Sun 9th
Jupiter 11th
Saturn 12th

obsidianmineral

From memory: Mercury = 1, Moon = 3, Venus = 5, Mars = 6, Sun = 9, Jupiter = 11, Saturn = 12

So when the planet is in their respective house as listed above, you could say they are “happier”.

Mars cause he LIKES severing and separating and causing problems. (Also Mars rules surgeons and doctors — see the sixth house for “illnesses”)

Sun in 9th house is a happy sun? How do you think a sun in the 9th can be more benefic. Also, 9th house is the house which the sun prefers, like its place of exaltation, but not necessarily where it has the most power? Cause in the 1st it would be more powerful I believe

JUPITERASC

Sun in 9th house is a happy sun? How do you think a sun in the 9th can be more benefic. Also, 9th house is the house which the sun prefers, like its place of exaltation, but not necessarily where it has the most power? Cause in the 1st it would be more powerful I believe
The ANGLES give planets POWER TO ACT
JOYS of planets are based on a different perspective
:smile:

obsidianmineral

burning-house.jpg

Clearly thinking of planetary JOYS :smile:

joys.gif

Planet Joy
Mercury 1st
Moon 3rd
Venus 5th
Mars 6th
Sun 9th
Jupiter 11th
Saturn 12th

Yeah that's what came to my mind when reading Mars own house.

Anyway traditionally speaking, houses are minor strengths right? Do you think there's a deeper meaning behind those joys? Does having a planet in its joy make it perhaps less powerful than it would be in an angle (not counting mercury here), but maybe more succesful in transmitting and showing us its lesson? I've been thinking in the past few days that each planet has an energy that wants to teach us. Like Jupiter wanting us to know that there is a bigger purpose. A possibility of a brighter future. Saturn reminds us of how little we are and how limitation goes beyond us. Both statements are true but Saturn's trascends more things and is of more importance IMO.

Chrysalis

Yeah I think my motivation is like yours. I am more like do what you gotta do.

I actually am getting surprised here. My mars makes me want intensity and depth sexually speaking, but I also like being balanced and enjoy candles. Maybe it's because of the aspect to Venus. I don't like music though, it's off-putting. I mean it'd be very awkward to have childish music in the background... Or motivational speeches hahaahaha

So where is your "balanced and enjoying candles" coming from ? surely it can't be your opposition to venus can it ?
I wonder if its once again your mars rx....as mars going rx is actually moving back towards Libra....interesting :cool:

Can you imagine :surprised: https://youtu.be/dCrLMwDz5qE?t=23s

JUPITERASC

Yeah that's what came to my mind when reading Mars own house.

Anyway traditionally speaking, houses are minor strengths right?
Traditionally ANGLES are ACCIDENTAL DIGNITY :smile:
as opposed to ESSENTIAL DIGNITY

Do you think there's a deeper meaning behind those joys? Does having a planet in its joy make it perhaps less powerful than it would be in an angle (not counting mercury here), but maybe more succesful in transmitting and showing us its lesson? I've been thinking in the past few days that each planet has an energy that wants to teach us. Like Jupiter wanting us to know that there is a bigger purpose. A possibility of a brighter future. Saturn reminds us of how little we are and how limitation goes beyond us. Both statements are true but Saturn's trascends more things and is of more importance IMO.

JUPITERASC

MERCURY is capable of joining EITHER the diurnal OR nocturnal sect
and so
has JOY in 1ST HOUSE - one of only two houses
where
due to the use of whole sign
a planet could be on either side of the horizon and still be in the same house :smile:

Chrysalis

So were now discussing houses of joy :unsure: I thought this was the Mars thread ? I was participating in a Mars thread, so mars it is :devil:

Jupiter share with the thread your mars :biggrin:

D-Rok

Think of it this way. Each of the seven planets has its own nature and inclinations. Having, say, the Sun in the ninth house of God makes sense for him to be ‘happy’ there, because the Sun represents God, kings, and all righteous authoritative figures — just as the ninth house represents the place where God rules rightfully in the divine heavens.

Or, my personal favorite, Saturn, who finds his disgusting joy in the 12th house — the harshest and most malevolent house of all. The 12th house rules enemies, secret ones, also isolation, misery, secrets (most of which aren’t good), imprisonment, and destitution. Any bad thing that’s the worst of the worst probably falls under this house. And what does Saturn’s nature make him want to do? Anything and everything horrible. A GOOD Saturn will keep you safe, but there is always some stuff he takes away. It’s like “equivalent exchange” from FMA, only just like in the series, it’s never “equivalent”.

Anyway, Saturn rules everything that goes against the goodness of life. And so, he finds his wretched happiness in a house where he can conduct the most mischief.

Another one is Jupiter’s joy in the 11th. There’s one ancient guy who argued that the 11th house was the most fortunate of all the houses — better than the 10th — for his argument was that, essentially, “the 11th has aspirations to climb higher and higher to the peak — that is, the 10th house, the highest point in the sky — but the 10th house has nowhere to go but down.” This, along with the 11th traditionally being known as the house of the good daimon, fits Jupiter’s benefic temperance.

Venus, on the other hand, desires intimacy and all things pleasurable. Like good food and drink, and all things therein that relate to children. Games, fun, and merriment too. These things that she wants, fit the sphere of her joy in the 5th, which indicates children, physical pleasure, stuff like that. So, she is happier in there than in other houses.

D-Rok

MERCURY is capable of joining EITHER the diurnal OR nocturnal sect
and so
has JOY in 1ST HOUSE - one of only two houses
where
due to the use of whole sign
a planet could be on either side of the horizon and still be in the same house :smile:

That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the clarification!

Mars in Taurus.

Calm even in extreme circumstances.

If you push at me long enough i will wipe out whatever it is that is bothering me.

Unfortunately i am biased towards the sexes.

Moon conjunct Mars is my direct Mars aspect. We are warriors of standing up for others much better than they can themselves regardless of who they are. But it leans towards only fighting against the Male sex, i find it hard to stand up to females, so if i do you did something enough to push me there.

Feminine instincts meet masculine temperament.

Mars in Taurus would be the person watching an explosion take place looking a bit like nothing happened unless people were hurt.

Aspects to this Mars and house change it drastically.

Mostly seen in charts of highly famous singers actually and some other highly acheived people.

Aries Celine Dion is a Mars in Taurus.
Virgo Michael Jackson is a Mars in Taurus.
Capricorn Muhammad Ali is a Mars in Taurus.

3 very famous people who impacted very differently.

I personally have a big motivation to work to secure my own life and anyone who is in my life with me. Large leadership ability at work.
Mars conjuncts my MC in Aries and Cap Saturn squares Mars in 6th house.

In down time i'm calm and very talkative. Always singing and if the mood is high enough, dancing.

Mars sextile Venus.
Mars trine Uranus.
Mars square Sun.
Mars square Mercury.
Mars opposite Pluto.
Mars trine Neptune.

Last edited:

obsidianmineral

Think of it this way. Each of the seven planets has its own nature and inclinations. Having, say, the Sun in the ninth house of God makes sense for him to be ‘happy’ there, because the Sun represents God, kings, and all righteous authoritative figures — just as the ninth house represents the place where God rules rightfully in the divine heavens.

Or, my personal favorite, Saturn, who finds his disgusting joy in the 12th house — the harshest and most malevolent house of all. The 12th house rules enemies, secret ones, also isolation, misery, secrets (most of which aren’t good), imprisonment, and destitution. Any bad thing that’s the worst of the worst probably falls under this house. And what does Saturn’s nature make him want to do? Anything and everything horrible. A GOOD Saturn will keep you safe, but there is always some stuff he takes away. It’s like “equivalent exchange” from FMA, only just like in the series, it’s never “equivalent”.

Anyway, Saturn rules everything that goes against the goodness of life. And so, he finds his wretched happiness in a house where he can conduct the most mischief.

Another one is Jupiter’s joy in the 11th. There’s one ancient guy who argued that the 11th house was the most fortunate of all the houses — better than the 10th — for his argument was that, essentially, “the 11th has aspirations to climb higher and higher to the peak — that is, the 10th house, the highest point in the sky — but the 10th house has nowhere to go but down.” This, along with the 11th traditionally being known as the house of the good daimon, fits Jupiter’s benefic temperance.

Venus, on the other hand, desires intimacy and all things pleasurable. Like good food and drink, and all things therein that relate to children. Games, fun, and merriment too. These things that she wants, fit the sphere of her joy in the 5th, which indicates children, physical pleasure, stuff like that. So, she is happier in there than in other houses.

I agree with everything you say except with the parts where Saturn is all evil and Jupiter is all good. Even in traditional astrology there are errors which you have to accept. Saturn is not an "evil" planet. Saturn makes people unfortunate so they can learn to be fortunate. Saturn doesn't desire good to people because he wants to to learn to become responsible and aware. This is a part of life which you must learn. It's obligatory. It's something you have to learn. Even you, D-Rok, I'm sure you haven't been alive for as long as you've been here without being responsible or taking charge of things. Rejecting Saturn is like trying to reject responsibility altogether. His joy is in the 12th because there he makes you realize there are larger purposes, considering the 12th is the house that represents the end of you and the beginning of the rest. It's the house that makes you realize that there is a larger purpose to which you must work towards. You have to know that your life has an ending, but a larger purpose may just be more permanent. Every planet that comes before Saturn is childish. Endless optimism is good but it's a lost cause. To achieve happiness you need seriousness.

So were now discussing houses of joy :unsure: I thought this was the Mars thread ? I was participating in a Mars thread, so mars it is :devil:

Jupiter share with the thread your mars :biggrin:

Also, like Chryisalis said, let's keep things on-topic. We could do a thread about planetary joys, but separate from this one.