Question about Parans brady pdf on astro

ashriia

Does anyone know the age ranges for -stars of your youth, stars of your prime, stars of your latter years, the hearthstone of your life?
I wish that information was made clear rather than the florid language used for this, which is less than helpful when you want to apply the information researched.

dr. farr

One approach is to use the oldtime life-period planetary rulers: any star connections to the planet ruling that time period would have a special potential influence during that time period.

There are several such time-periods systems. One is:

Moon = infancy, early childhood
Mercury = childhood
Venus = adolescent through young adulthood (say 20, 21, 22 years of age)
Sun =" full grown adult" through say about about 40 years of age
Mars = around 40 years of age through about 55 years of age
Jupiter = around 55 through about 67-70 years of age
Saturn = about 70 years of age and older

ashriia

thank you dr. farr. that is helpful also. Especially for the conjunctions I have to fixed stars that aren't mentioned in the parans report.

And that is the troubling thing that I don't understand also, having fixed stars conjunct planets that aren't in parans analysis. For instance, I have natal venus conjunct Rigel. Rigel is not listed in parans info.
Instead venus is paran Aldebaran, and venus is paran mean node in middle of life. Is that the mode that Rigel will manifest, through these "filters" if you will? Because I don't understand how interpretation is done this way since the parans info is suppose to add insight to planetary aspects in a natal chart, and then trying to throw more interpretation on top of that, is confusing.
[insert head scratching emoji]

dr. farr

Paran means rising at the same time as the planet; it is time oriented, rather than space oriented (like conjunction in zodiacal longitude or parallel in declination of latititude)

Personally I do not use the parans; with the stars I have always much preferred conjunction in longitude or parallel in declination, and I have used these very extensively and am very satisfied with the result of such uses. I am not knocking parans, which is a very ancient technique; just that I personally have not found them necessary when I use longitudinal conjunction or declinational parallel.

ashriia

Paran means rising at the same time as the planet; it is time oriented, rather than space oriented (like conjunction in zodiacal longitude or parallel in declination of latititude)

Personally I do not use the parans; with the stars I have always much preferred conjunction in longitude or parallel in declination, and I have used these very extensively and am very satisfied with the result of such uses. I am not knocking parans, which is a very ancient technique; just that I personally have not found them necessary when I use longitudinal conjunction or declinational parallel.

It does seem rather messy to work with so many different techniques, to be sure. Declinations I cant wrap my head around, so I gave up. Conjunctions to fixed stars definitely seem to work pretty well, i agree there.
The brady parans report is holding my interest though due to a timeline offered. I often wonder at how I will grow old, themes and such. A few things in my chart cause me concern. I will have saturn soon enter my 1st house by progression venus is currently there, and is ruler of my natal sun. Eventually they will conjunct, and saturn will hit the ascendant. At which point I think I will die, or become ill- which is fine, if that is the way its meant to go. Its a long way off still, and will be near my 2nd saturn return. Guess, I'm simply human and want to make sure I live the life that I want for myself before that time comes.
went off topic a bit, but the time periods are interesting in the paran report, I meant to say. :sideways::joyful: