Cancer Moon ;(

Ambersole11

My cancer moon always makes me moody and emotional. I have it in the 11th house :( and cancer on 12th house cusp :( :(. I try soooo hard not to be like this but somedays obviously are harder than others... Lately I've been extra-sensitive too and I'm getting on my own nerves.

LyP

Cancer moon is actually very emotional ...
But this moon is in domicile, although you would be emotional, in theory,you are affable and happy with your environment, would had very good emotional support, I mean, this field your soul would be really well filled
but already thought about the possibility that another aspect in the map may be making you extra sensitive / sad
you have plenty of water or fire map?
what are your other settings?

Sorry to intrude, I think this aspect of his personality is not bothering, you not write here.
(I'm captain obvious ._.)

Moon in Cancer has a sensitive but normal mood, not moody, but affectionate.

Moon in 11th house also seems difficult in my opinion, as if the person does not want to compromise the individuality and could not keep anything intimate.
you feel it?
Cancer in the 12th house can make you a very dispersed and "sponge effect" person

you can have many squares, oppositions related to your moon too.
I'm secular, I just wanted to help

!4C

Moon represents subconscious behavior developed from genetics and environmental modification. The sun represents conscious behavior and shows where we can better understanding of ourselves and our interests.

Your moon and sun are in opposite signs, which shows a tendency to consciously be at odds with ones own actions and feelings. In contrast, I have moon at 6°09' cancer, but my scorpio sun is in relative harmony with the moon from elemental compatibility (trine by sign). I acknowledge my moodiness and the fact that it often seems in appropriate to others, but I have never felt odds with it myself.

Your moon is also in applying square to mars in libra. This will be closely connected to the lunar subconscious behavior. Most likely there will aggravations from the actions of others or yourself. You could even be more accident prone. Since this is happening at subconscious level, you will most likely be puzzled by your response to events in retrospect.

As far as timing with current events, retrograde mars just passed over your natal mars position (square natal moon) and will station only a degree away. This would account for an increase in external events that activate your moon in stressful way. Mars turning direct over the coming weeks could be very significant for you.

On another note, you will want to study declinations and lunar nodes to understand your connection to other people. Your moon is parallel the north node, and sun-neptune is parallel the south node. Saturn rules the descendant and is square the nodal axis (north node bending).

Last edited:

Sarbear

I feel your pain...I also have moon in cancer along with cancer rising in my 1st and 2nd house (i have an interception). It makes me extremely emotional and over sensitive...ugh. tough times for these crabs.

Ambersole11

Yes... and a lot of times we feel alone and misunderstood by others which can make it seem/feel worse. I think the best things we can do is try reaching out anyway, even if we are scared to be vulnerable.

waybread

I don't think it's just your Cancer moon. It looks like you have moon square Mars, which is going to give you an extra emotional jolt when you feel angry or annoyed about something. Sun square Saturn can make you very hard on yourself and subject to low self-esteem, as well.

You might consider developing empowering interpretations of these placements to replace the disempowering interpretations you have now. For example, Mars rules athletes and that watery Cancer moon might take well to an aquatic sport or even just walking by a body of water if there is one close to where you live. Saturn-sun can be a good combo for self-discipline.

Then your moon makes a nice trine to Jupiter in the 4th house. There is a "home" connection with both the moon and the 4th house. Perhaps you can do things to beautify your home, or take up gardening if you have a bit of land around you: even bonasai trees in a pot!

These may sound like so much sublimation, but the point is that once you start taking small steps to help yourself, the universe takes notice.

Ambersole11

Thank you WayBread, you're right- been feeling very low self esteem and other things...and you're right- anything with water naturally relaxes me and I love to swim. I also love being at home. I need a good positive outlet to balance out these energies. :) I think the first thing I'm going to work on is organizing my home because when I'm cluttered at home, I feel 'cluttered' inside.

waybread

Great idea! Any chance you could get some sort of "water feature" at home, such as a tropical fish tank or a small plug-in portable fountain? Or just get a beautiful large bowl, fill it with water, and add some pebbles or seashells (changing the water periodically) as a small "reflection pool." Best is if you can walk by the seashore under a full moon! If you live near a rec centre with a swimming pool, that is good, too.

Also, just because you are apt to be down on yourself doesn't mean there is anything objectively the matter with you.

Ambersole11

:) Actually I do have a salt-water aquarium but I need to get it up and running again. That will be the next thing on my list because when it was running, it really did settle my nerves and helped give me some inner peace. I also plan on going out on the lake a lot more this summer. My fiancé has a boat and he complains that we don't use it enough and he's right...so I'm going to change that. Water is definitely very healing and soothing to me. I spend a lot of time in the bathtub whenever I'm stressed. :)

JUPITERASC

:) Actually I do have a salt-water aquarium but I need to get it up and running again. That will be the next thing on my list because when it was running, it really did settle my nerves and helped give me some inner peace. I also plan on going out on the lake a lot more this summer. My fiancé has a boat and he complains that we don't use it enough and he's right...so I'm going to change that. Water is definitely very healing and soothing to me. I spend a lot of time in the bathtub whenever I'm stressed. :)
Being in the bathtub relaxing povides a great opportunity to check out this talk by Ajahn Brahm
DEALING WITH THE EMOTION http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17_TtOysQOA
and there are more options of other talks listed as well

Also, since water is very healing and soothing to you as a Cancer Moon
then do experiment with drinking filtered wate
r http://www.amazon.com/b?node=510202 :smile:

Zarathu

Account Closed
My cancer moon always makes me moody and emotional. I have it in the 11th house :( and cancer on 12th house cusp :( :(. I try soooo hard not to be like this but somedays obviously are harder than others... Lately I've been extra-sensitive too and I'm getting on my own nerves.

Is this all your life or fairly recently? Since you said you've been getting onlyour own nerves lately, I suspect it may not be your natal chart, but the imapct of life as its coming up around you.

So.... where did you live on March 11, 1983?

And

on June 1, 1984?

[P.S.: I am asking questions to decide if I am interested in pursuing your issues astrologically, not because I am offering or planning to do so immediately.]

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Did you get my pm btw?

I'm always sensitive but lately I've been even more sensitive- but then again I've had a rough year too.
I lived in Quincy, Illinois in both times.

Yes but now you have a specific question, and it appears that you are a little bit above a stupid computer print out. I hate them since they are not real astrology. They are "plastic-fantastic Barbie and Ken astrology".

Ambersole11

Yeah... You can't ask a robot to tell you about human life...
There's no soul or depth behind that.
Just curious about why you wanted to know about those particular dates though.

And thanks for your help too btw :)

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
I've had a rough year too.

Not necessarily emotionally.....more like too much mental chaos?

[P.S.: I am asking questions to decide if I am interested in pursuing your issues astrologically, not because I am offering or planning to do so immediately.]

Last edited:

Ambersole11

Yes! My brain is always over-working. Sometimes my brain works against me because of that... I over think which causes me to over-worry or think the worst.

Emotionally and mentally though... I think I just have enough and then the dam breaks...

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Yes! My brain is always over-working. Sometimes my brain works against me because of that... I over think which causes me to over-worry or think the worst.

Emotionally and mentally though... I think I just have enough and then the **** breaks...

Could you be more specific as to why you've had a rough year. Though most of us wish we were mind readers, and your Minor progressed Return Chart certainly shows a serious level of mental chaos, it would be helpful to know something about it.

Last edited:

Ambersole11

I have generalized anxiety and have to take meds for that. But this year to put it shortly: I got back stabbed by a friend, I visited my father whom I don't know very well and discovered some dark secrets about him and the reunion was very unsettling to say the least, I had a falling out with my mom when I discovered she was gossiping about me about things that were not true, I have had a stalker and a robbery (my car was robbed then my house) and I believe that stalker guy did that but I can't be certain). So yeah...I've been lying low now...trying to keep myself as peaceful as possible.