Chinese compare to Western?

AppLeo

State your Chinese Animal and element and your Rising animal.

State your Sun, Moon and Rising.

How do they compare?? Are they completely different, or do they make sense?

I think in Chinese astrology you have 4 different animal signs, but I DONT KNOW. I think the year animal and time of day animal is the most important.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm an Earth Tiger with a Dog Rising.
In Western, I'm a Leo, Virgo Moon, and Capricorn Rising.

I thought the tiger was the same as the Leo in Chinese astrology, but actually they're the opposite. The tiger is similar to the Aquarius sign in Western Astrology – which I think is so cool because I love the Aquarius sign.

It makes sense that I'm an Earth Tiger. I have two earth signs for my three main signs in Western astrology. The earth element in Chinese is about the same Western astrology.

Having a dog rising also makes sense. It doesn't make all the sense, but I have my Sun in the 7th house in western, and the Dog is similar to the Libra sign western. So I can see where the selflessness comes from.

GoldenRam

Banned
State your Chinese Animal and element and your Rising animal.

State your Sun, Moon and Rising.

How do they compare?? Are they completely different, or do they make sense?

I think in Chinese astrology you have 4 different animal signs, but I DONT KNOW. I think the year animal and time of day animal is the most important.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm an Earth Tiger with a Dog Rising.
In Western, I'm a Leo, Virgo Moon, and Capricorn Rising.

I thought the tiger was the same as the Leo in Chinese astrology, but actually they're the opposite. The tiger is similar to the Aquarius sign in Western Astrology – which I think is so cool because I love the Aquarius sign.

It makes sense that I'm an Earth Tiger. I have two earth signs for my three main signs in Western astrology. The earth element in Chinese is about the same Western astrology.

Having a dog rising also makes sense. It doesn't make all the sense, but I have my Sun in the 7th house in western, and the Dog is similar to the Libra sign western. So I can see where the selflessness comes from.
I'm an Ox with a Ox ascendant. Nice to meet you, XOXOXOXO.

4 different animal signs?

aniani

Same here! I only knew they gave great importance to the year animal and I've heard time of the day as well. Now I have learnt that there is also day and month animals as well. Verryyyy interesting.

I'm a wood ox and rooster rising. In Western, I'm Scorpio rising, Tauras sun and moon. They sort of make sense to me. Tauras and Ox pretty similar traits. Cannot disagree with the rooster rising traits either. :whistling:

AppLeo

Same here! I only knew they gave great importance to the year animal and I've heard time of the day as well. Now I have learnt that there is also day and month animals as well. Verryyyy interesting.

I'm a wood ox and rooster rising. In Western, I'm Scorpio rising, Tauras sun and moon. They sort of make sense to me. Tauras and Ox pretty similar traits. Cannot disagree with the rooster rising traits either. :whistling:

The rooster = Virgo and the Ox = capricorn. I think capricorns and tauruses are so similar. My dad is a rooster and he's so virgo sometimes.

But it is really interesting having 4 animals.

I'm a fire rabbit born in the hour of the rooster. I did notice years ago that rabbit and rooster are opposite signs and my western sun sign Aries is also the opposite sign of my rising libra.

The Chinese book I have says that any animal born in the opposite hour of their sign will produce a complicated soul.

Leo tiger: fire + positive wood

A fiery personality that could scorch disrespectful onlookers or others who dare to take him or her granted. A bundle of roars and claws, the Leo Tiger never fails to draw the crowds. Capable of depth and variety in his emotions, this person can be torrid, sulky, and magnanimous all in one breath. He tends to act superior, especially when he is unsure of himself. The Leonine Tiger has very strong recuperative powers, both mentally and physically. And when he or she loves, it's all, all the way.

AppLeo

Ah yes, so it is. I forgot as i have a Taurus ox friend and they're very similar.

Cappy and Taurus may as well be the same.

I'm a fire rabbit born in the hour of the rooster. I did notice years ago that rabbit and rooster are opposite signs and my western sun sign Aries is also the opposite sign of my rising libra.

The Chinese book I have says that any animal born in the opposite hour of their sign will produce a complicated soul.

I wonder why... :3

Leo tiger: fire + positive wood

A fiery personality that could scorch disrespectful onlookers or others who dare to take him or her granted. A bundle of roars and claws, the Leo Tiger never fails to draw the crowds. Capable of depth and variety in his emotions, this person can be torrid, sulky, and magnanimous all in one breath. He tends to act superior, especially when he is unsure of himself. The Leonine Tiger has very strong recuperative powers, both mentally and physically. And when he or she loves, it's all, all the way.

Was that referring to me? I'm a Leo Tiger with positive EARTH

But still, the Leo Tiger point is on key.

Cappy and Taurus may as well be the same.

I wonder why... :3

Was that referring to me? I'm a Leo Tiger with positive EARTH

But still, the Leo Tiger point is on key.

It's just going on that Tiger is wood, not any other elements attached to it. And Leo is fire.

AppLeo

It's just going on that Tiger is wood, not any other elects attached to it.

It's good enough. I think have that book that you took the text from. I remember reading that paragraph. Especially the part that said, "Capable of depth and variety in his emotions, this person can be torrid, sulky, and magnanimous all in one breath."

It's good enough. I think have that book that you took the text from. I remember reading that paragraph. Especially the part that said, "Capable of depth and variety in his emotions, this person can be torrid, sulky, and magnanimous all in one breath."

I swapped it for a computer in the first block of flats I lived in. This neighbour had it and after reading it I said 'il give you my computer for it.' It's in 3 pieces now, and half of it is missing. But t has the western and Chinese combinations. Couldn't even tell you the title of it.

AppLeo

I swapped it for a computer in the first block of flats I lived in. This neighbour had it and after reading it I said 'il give you my computer for it.' It's in 3 pieces now, and half of it is missing. But t has the western and Chinese combinations. Couldn't even tell you the title of it.

Maybe that was an older version of the book. How does a book compare to a computer though? :lol:

Maybe that was an older version of the book. How does a book compare to a computer though? :lol:

Oh it was an old computer, the type that had a yellow tinge to it. It was set-up to be able to type and had a plastic screen to cover the printer. This was 10/11 years ago tho haha!! And the book has been well-used over the years, hence its current condition, due to it being popped out at 'gatherings' and shindigs. Sparked my interest in astrology. That and a western book I've got which was ancient when I got it! That one too sadly is a bit well-used, so is hidden away in a drawer. I guess thats what happens to books when teenagers read them during shindigs.

AppLeo

Oh it was an old computer, the type that had a yellow tinge to it. It was set-up to be able to type and had a plastic screen to cover the printer. This was 10/11 years ago tho haha!! And the book has been well-used over the years, hence its current condition, due to it being popped out at 'gatherings' and shindigs. Sparked my interest in astrology. That and a western book I've got which was ancient when I got it! That one too sadly is a bit well-used, so is hidden away in a drawer. I guess thats what happens to books when teenagers read them during shindigs.

I guess so.. But I'm a teenager and all my books are in good condition :3