Calculating sun moon midpoint manually, I'm stuck!

fullmoonlibra

------
/2
------

So, 180 falls the same as 180 degrees of libra.
Do I have to do: 180-180= Aries 0 degrees??
Or should I take the previous sign:
180- 150= Aries 30/Taurus 0 degrees

??

I followed the simple instructions on following site, but I don't really understand the last step to finally obtain the degree of the sign, where the sun-moon midpoint is.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/sunmoonmidpointrelationship.html

The_Saturnian

Quite often you will find that when calculating planetary pairs, they may calculate to being over 180 degrees (as is the case here). In such an instance we go directly opposite and use the same degree/minute of the opposite as it is closer to the both the planets in question. So e.g. in the example given at cafeastrology.com, they have said that the direct planetary pair midpoint of Sun/Moon comes to 26 degrees 53' Gemini. Thus 26 degrees 53' Sagittarius would be the Sun/Moon midpoint. Remember though, the other direct planetary midpoints are also at 180 degrees opposite to point of origin. So either way it doesn't matter which you mark on chart as a midpoint, because both the point of origin and its opposite degree as both direct midpoints.

In your case seen as the midpoint degree falls at 180 degrees Libra, no you wouldn't deduct 180 degrees as the rule says "if the mean average of the two totalled zodiac longitude degrees calculates to being more than 180 degrees." It isn't in this instance. It is exactly 180 degrees, so I would say that 0 degrees Libra would be the midpoint point of origin from where you would calculate the remainder of the midpoints. The other direct midpoint would be 0 degrees Aries, i.e. Aries point.

Adding 45 degrees to 0 degrees Libra will calculate the semi-sextile midpoints i.e. 15 degrees Scorpio and 15 degrees Leo.

Adding 90 degrees to 0 degrees Libra will calculate the square based midpoints i.e. 0 degrees Capricorn and 0 degrees Cancer.

Calculating the other indirect midpoints from the 0 degrees Aries (i.e. Aries point):

Adding 45 degrees to 0 degrees Aries will calculate the semi-sextile midpoints i.e. 15 degrees Taurus and 15 degrees Aquarius.

Adding 90 degrees to 0 degrees Aries will calculate the square based midpoints i.e. 0 degrees Cancer and 0 degrees Capricorn. (Just to check that the square midpoint points calculate both from Aries point and 0 degrees Libra meet half way which is correct here).

Hey presto! You have all 8 midpoints of Sun/Moon. Apply the same method to all planets, Ascendant, Midheaven and North Node combinations to determine whether or not you have any natal, transiting and/or progressed planets on and around these midpoints.

Have a great day and hope this helped. :)

manty

No it would be exactly 180 degrees libra or 0 degrees libra. il give an example of mine

Sun 14`15 libra, 14.15 + 180=194.45
Moon 24`19 sag, 24.19+240=264.19
194.45+264.19=458.64
458.64/2=229.32 so 210 is at scorpio so minus 210 from 229.32=19.32
so my midpoint is 19`32 scorpio

Zarathu

Account Closed
Doing these thing manually is like going back to vinyl records after listening to CD's without a surface noise to obliterate the music.

Unless you are studying for some astrological exam doing them manually is like using a slide rule in physics---even PhD's don't do that(and I know one since he was born).

waybread

A much easier way is to go over to Astrodienst at www.astro.com and their free charts pages. If you have input your birth data, then click on "Pullen Astrology" (instead of the default "circular charts") then scroll down to "aspects/midpoints." You will see a table with with planets arrayed down the side, and midpoints listed in the individual cells.