I really want to be a writer but I don't know if my chart supports that.

I've always wanted to have a career in writing and have written creative fiction stories for years. I also was in Newspaper in high school and have written a few articles and stories for various websites. I have had an issue with staying in college, and in the past five years since I've been out of high school I've been in and out of college. I REALLY do want to get a degree in some writing field, but I'm unsure if my chart supports it. Should I do something else altogether? I also find that I am good at reading people (not psychic) and have thought about doing psychology. I also volunteer at an animal shelter because I love cats (not dogs).

I know my 10th house is Aries but I am not hostile or aggressive in jobs like an Aries 10th house person may be. I also don't like being the leader and prefer jobs where I'm not in the spotlight, another uncommon thing for an Aries 10th house.

7J8Y7cC.gif
[/url][/IMG]

Attachments

• astro_2ata_01_me_hw.15111.2212.jpg
    astro_2ata_01_me_hw.15111.2212.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

detectahead

I think you should go for your writing career. Taurus sun with ruling planet Venus in tenth along with mercury. Wide conjunction but in an angle house. Venus also sextile Saturn natural ruler of tenth. Jupiter in 3rd trine sun and moon. Moon asc ruler! You know that this is your gut feeling of what you should do! Tenth house ruler mars in ninth hse of publishing. Need I say anymore.

I think you should go for your writing career. Taurus sun with ruling planet Venus in tenth along with mercury. Wide conjunction but in an angle house. Venus also sextile Saturn natural ruler of tenth. Jupiter in 3rd trine sun and moon. Moon asc ruler! You know that this is your gut feeling of what you should do! Tenth house ruler mars in ninth hse of publishing. Need I say anymore.

I am so happy! I know writing is what I am meant to do. Thank you so much :)!!!

JUPITERASC

I've always wanted to have a career in writing and have written creative fiction stories for years. I also was in Newspaper in high school and have written a few articles and stories for various websites. I have had an issue with staying in college, and in the past five years since I've been out of high school I've been in and out of college. I REALLY do want to get a degree in some writing field, but I'm unsure if my chart supports it. Should I do something else altogether? I also find that I am good at reading people (not psychic) and have thought about doing psychology. I also volunteer at an animal shelter because I love cats (not dogs).

I know my 10th house is Aries but I am not hostile or aggressive in jobs like an Aries 10th house person may be.
I also don't like being the leader and prefer jobs where I'm not in the spotlight, another uncommon thing for an Aries 10th house.
Your natal Mars is in not in 10th house but is instead in 9th house
nevertheless
Your natal chart has a prominent Mars which is particularly relevant to your profession
because
Mars has rulership essential dignity at the 10th place - i.e. Aries :smile:

furthermore
your natal Mars is very close to your MC an angular place of strength
which means your natal Mars is able to act and carry out its significations

your natal Pisces Mars is in the domicile of Jupiter
and
Jupiter has essential dignity by Exaltation at your Cancer Ascendant

and

your natal Mars is in separating opposition aspect with your natal Jupiter
indicating conflict between 9th house matters (Pisces Mars is in 9th house)
and
3rd house matters (Virgo Jupiter is in 3rd house)

Jupiter however is in detriment in Virgo
and in this case, your natal Jupiter is also peregrine
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig4.html

'.......A planet with no essential dignity is called Peregrine, a Latin word meaning 'alien' or 'foreigner'
(pereger = beyond the borders, ager = land, i.e., 'beyond one's own land').
In old English, to 'peregrinate' means to wander far from home......'

Moon is in the terms, confines or bounds of Jupiter and domicile of Saturn
and in applying sextile aspect to Pisces Mars
Mars is also conjunct the Part of Fortune
Part of Fortune is in domicile of Jupiter, Exaltation of Venus, terms, confines or bounds of Mercury

Both Mars and the Part of Fortune are in the trigon of Venus
Mars is in own terms, confines or bounds

9th House Main Rulerships:
Long distance travel, voyages and journeys that take us to an unfamiliar environment.
Overseas, foreign countries and distant places.
Foreigners, pilgrims and explorers.
Places and situations where we seek guidance and wisdom from others.
Dreams, visions, inspired thoughts, divination, astrology, mysticism, philosophy, beliefs
the desire to unite with something greater than oneself.
Religion and clergy of any kind. Affairs of the church.
Books, learning, wisdom, scholarships, university, and all forms of higher education.
Ramesey notes: "all manner of students, such as astrologers, physitians, lawyers, and all students of other good learning altogether"
Scholars and practitioners of law are attributed to the 9th house
and confusion often exists as to whether lawyers and those who enforce the law should be associated with this house or the 10th.
In the sense that the 9th house represents guidance and advice from those more knowledgeable than ourselves,
lawyers, counsellors and advisors generally fall under the principles of the 9th house when they act in an advisory capacity.
Law, as a means of enforcing a ruling over others, however, belongs to the 10th house,
which is the house of authority and rulership.
Hence lawyers and solicitors are attributed to the 9th,
whereas judges and magistrates are attributed to the 10th
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h9.html

3rd House Main Rulerships:
Brothers and sisters, cousins or general members of the family (not parents, they belong to the 4th house).
Neighbours and our local neighbourhood. The environment in which we live and work.
Short journeys or those made on a regular basis.
Lilly notes that this house shows a propensity for: "oft removing from one place to another" (Christian Astrology, p.52).
Letters, rumours, reports, messages and messengers.
Communications generally. Newspapers, magazines, telephones, postal service.
Written deeds and contracts.
Speeches and debates. Our ability to express ourselves and communicate to others.
Languages, mobility skills and self-expression.

Career conflict maybe connected to long distance journey versus short distance travel in the local neighbourhood
there may be much travelling in general, both short distance and long distance travel

The Exalted ruler of 10th is the Sun, located in Venus domicile in 11th house
Sun trines both Jupiter and Moon and is in sextile aspect applying to ascendant
Sun may symbolise a powerful friend who assists you

11th House Main Rulerships:
Traditionally known as the 'house of Good Fortune', the 11th house has rulership over friends and friendship,
supporters, benefactors and those that help us directly or behind the scenes.
It is the house of beneficial fate, positive hope, trust, praise, comfort, goals and ambitions.
In modern astrology it is said to rule the wider social circle of acquaintances and groups, broader ambitions, political ideals and those who share our aims.
Its condition indicates the fidelity or falseness of friends
and it has rulership over promotion by recommendation of others.
It is a house of ambition, freedom, optimism and confidence, denoting personal strength, motivation and increase.
A fortunate 11th house is a beneficial influence for any chart
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h11.html

The fact is that a reliable delineation of any natal chart takes many hours, days, even weeks
so this just skims the surface :smile:

Iced8Ace

Your MC is in Pisces. Aries intercepts. You would have to work to develop or "unlock" the 10th house, as some say. Equal house system doesn't do readings justice imo.

Mercury isn't where I'd focus, detriment Jupiter and moon can make your writing compelling and depositing into mars would give it a boost but I think Venus has more potential. Venus deposits into Taurus Sun, which is well aspected and it gets that outer planet flair for recognition. Mars in Pisces widely conjunct MC, sextile neptune and uranus and semi sextile Venus gives a strong creative drive. I think expressing Mars and Venus would be a good idea. Moon in Cap can help fuel your writing also widely conjunct the nodes but note that Mercury square your nodes indicates that your thinking may not correspond with your souls purpose.

What kind of writing are you interested in or leaning towards?

Your MC is in Pisces. Aries intercepts. You would have to work to develop or "unlock" the 10th house, as some say. Equal house system doesn't do readings justice imo.

Mercury isn't where I'd focus, detriment Jupiter and moon can make your writing compelling and depositing into mars would give it a boost but I think Venus has more potential. Venus deposits into Taurus Sun, which is well aspected and it gets that outer planet flair for recognition. Mars in Pisces widely conjunct MC, sextile neptune and uranus and semi sextile Venus gives a strong creative drive. I think expressing Mars and Venus would be a good idea. Moon in Cap can help fuel your writing also widely conjunct the nodes but note that Mercury square your nodes indicates that your thinking may not correspond with your souls purpose.

What kind of writing are you interested in or leaning towards?

I am open to any kind of writing. I've done Journalism and creative writing.

capricorn6

Premium Member
I have thought about this question for a long time. I've been told many times that I have a talent for writing and I've written stories for a very long time now. I'm a Creative Writing minor in school as well.

I'm curious to see your chart with the Placidus house system as well. Just from personal experience I haven't found the whole house system to be very accurate. I'm just curious because we have the same ascendant, so our houses may be similar.

fensi88

With Midheaven in Pisces the following professions are most likely to suit you very well: musician, dancer, theatre or movie actor, clairvoyant, medium, priest, medical assistant, medical practitioner, pharmacist, veterinarian, writer, poet, sailor, fisherman/woman, coast-guard, or heating engineer. In general, all occupations delivering a service to other people, such as catering, cleaning, caregiving, etc. are areas in which you can excel. You can also be very successful in humanitarian work or in the defence of Human Rights.
Since the 10th lord is in the 7th, this is a powerful position for professional life. You will be renowned for your communication skills. You will be blessed with a partner who becomes a cause for your career development. As the 7th is 10th from the 10th, your professional fame will surpass all boundaries.
There are several testimonies that you will be famous person!

With Midheaven in Pisces the following professions are most likely to suit you very well: musician, dancer, theatre or movie actor, clairvoyant, medium, priest, medical assistant, medical practitioner, pharmacist, veterinarian, writer, poet, sailor, fisherman/woman, coast-guard, or heating engineer. In general, all occupations delivering a service to other people, such as catering, cleaning, caregiving, etc. are areas in which you can excel. You can also be very successful in humanitarian work or in the defence of Human Rights.
Since the 10th lord is in the 7th, this is a powerful position for professional life. You will be renowned for your communication skills. You will be blessed with a partner who becomes a cause for your career development. As the 7th is 10th from the 10th, your professional fame will surpass all boundaries.

Well I have been in customer service, but I genuinely dislike it haha. People can be awful sometimes.

As for fame, I am surprised ha. When I told my parents I would be famous they laughed lol. I kind of did as well. Are you sure? I highly doubt I could be famous since I just don't have that type of outgoing personality :/. Maybe just my future husband will be famous? I'm just unsure if I will be famous since I'm not outgoing and don't really like people to fuss over me haha. It would be nice if I had a husband who was doing well for himself though! With Juno in the 10th it is a good sign he might be well-connected!

Last edited:

Here is my chart with a Placidus House System😀

sIpRMA3.jpg

I have two Grand Trines! I just noticed that. I always thought I just had a Grand Earth Trine, but I see I have an auspicious Grand Water Trine too. Very interesting. I've always been very grounded and easygoing (Earth trine), but have also always been super emotional and very intuitive (Water trine).

capricorn6

Premium Member
You know, it's really cool. We both really like writing and we both have Ascendant at 12 degrees Cancer. Our Midheavens are only a few degrees apart too. I think I'm going to share my chart too, to see any other similarities. I don't have any grand trines or anything like that, since so many of my planets are in one house/sign, but I still want to see what's going on.

I think Jupiter being in your 3rd house is already a good indicator of writing talent.

Attachments

• natal chart.JPG
    natal chart.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 28
You know, it's really cool. We both really like writing and we both have Ascendant at 12 degrees Cancer. Our Midheavens are only a few degrees apart too. I think I'm going to share my chart too, to see any other similarities. I don't have any grand trines or anything like that, since so many of my planets are in one house/sign, but I still want to see what's going on.

I think Jupiter being in your 3rd house is already a good indicator of writing talent.

Ooh astrological soulmates :)!! I once went on a date with a guy who had almost all planets in the sane houses as me and had 12 degrees Cancer rising as his first house. He was an Aries Sun though, not Taurus like me. We did have similar ways of thinking and got along well, but he turned out to be a player in the end :(. It's still interesting how our charts were so similar though.

Last edited:

Oh we have similar planetary placements. When were you born? I probably would get along well with you since your 7th house Capricorn sun falls into my 7th house Cap as well :)

Actually, I don't have a Grand Water trine if I do the default Chart setting instead of the asc/mc setting. I'm not talking about house system, I'm talking about chart drawing style. Interesting. I still have a Grand Earth Trine though.

capricorn6

Premium Member
Oh we have similar planetary placements. When were you born? I probably would get along well with you since your 7th house Capricorn sun falls into my 7th house Cap as well :)

It looks like I was born a little less than two years after you were. We most likely have the same generational planets (Uranus, Neptune, Pluto). I have to look again. My memory is horrible.

I'll see if we have some aspects in common. :smile:

capricorn6

Premium Member
I also think both trines may be helping your writing skill. The grand earth trine involves both Jupiter, which is in your 3rd house, and the sun, which rules your 3rd house. In the water trine, you have Pluto in the fifth house (creativity) and Mars in the ninth (publishing and I also believe it has to do with journalism, if I remember correctly), plus Mars is right near your midheaven in Pisces, also having a lot to do with writing and creativity in general.

I also think both trines may be helping your writing skill. The grand earth trine involves both Jupiter, which is in your 3rd house, and the sun, which rules your 3rd house. In the water trine, you have Pluto in the fifth house (creativity) and Mars in the ninth (publishing and I also believe it has to do with journalism, if I remember correctly), plus Mars is right near your midheaven in Pisces, also having a lot to do with writing and creativity in general.

I think even if I didn't have the trines my chart would bode well for writing, at least according to what everyone is saying :)! I just hope I don't end up a bum, but I highly doubt my driven Aries 10th house will allow that.