Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Please post a chart of the time, date, and place you asked the question. Please do not ask the same question repeatedly, hoping for a different result: horary works best when you ask the question ONCE and then interpret the chart that results from when the question FIRST came into your mind. Horary forums are ONLY for discussion of horary charts and techniques.

Unread 09-08-2007, 03:53 AM

yes or no?

i just would like to confirm my understanding is right because i got a bit confused.

this is just an example...

when we have a question such as 'is A leaving me?', if i could see all the negative/separating aspects, i would say No, on the other hand, if its applying i would say yes.

but i know other people use it totally opposite -if the 1st house ruler and 7th house ruler (lets suppose) are separating, means yes to the question for them, since they are literary separating.

this issue was discussed at anthony luis' book that he applied my method, i think.

what do others think??

Unread 09-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Senior Member, Educational board Editor

Re: yes or no?

Whitey, Let's take your example: Is A leaving B? If A's significator separates from B's significator its fairly clear - yes A leaves B...or vice versa...B's significator separating from A's significator..B leaves A...
Now what if the two significators are applying in aspect, not separating...The Lords coming together, but under what circumstances>? If by square it might indicate coming together *Under difficult circumstances*
If applying by trine and the planets involved are not malefic, then they are *coming together* not leaving each other.
If the two rulers are applying by opposition...then they may well be breaking up...facing off to each other in a more *opposing * force mode....
It's fairly straightforward, I think..When you ask the question, it is the meaning of the question, not the semantics....The gist of *is A leaving B* is an enquiry into the status of a relationship...So what the significators DO to each other, is what the people DO to each other....
That's why the correct wording of questions is essential in horary.
Best wishes, Lillyjgc
Unread 09-08-2007, 03:19 PM

Re: yes or no?

lillyjgc,

thank you! now everything is clear...because i understood differently.

i appreciate it a lot.

whitey