Moon/Via Combusta in horary

erinj

Hi everyone

I am trying to figure out if via combusta is always considered a no or negative in horary. I did a horary whereas the Moon was 21 degree Libra and the Asc 21 degree Libra so therefore moon in via combusta is also co-significator but it is in Mutual Reception with Venus in 21 degrees cancer and Venus is exactly conjunct the Midheaven. Since Lilly's days I know some fixed stars have moved does anyone know what the current status of via combusta is? also with Moon and Venus in mutual reception also squaring could it mean something has to be worked out or since it is in mutual reception will it automatically work out? Any advice helpful/ thank you!

archergirl

Hi erinj,

Via Combusta is simply an area between 15 deg Libra and 15 deg Scorpio; it doesn't move like fixed stars over time. It has more to do with the placement of the Sun and Moon in their positions of 'fall' (it's more complicated than that, but that's a general idea).

The Moon being in the Via Combusta never automatically gives a 'no' answer. What the Via Combusta describes is a place of instability, unpredictability, and fear; planets in the Via Combusta often speak of outcomes that are unexpected, or don't turn out 'as previously planned'.

I couldn't answer your question just from the general description, as two charts with the same significators but different questions will obviously have different answers!

A mutual reception can indicate that two parties in question are, obviously, receptive to one another, which is helpful; however, it can also mean that neither one can get the upper hand over the other, as each of them are 'guests' in the other's tent, and so equally vulnerable, much like two enemies who are held hostage in one another's camps. That the reception is a square speaks of certain difficulties to overcome; with reception the willingness to overcome them is strengthened, but being that both planets sit on angles it would be more likely that they have come to 'loggerheads' about whatever issue it is.

As with most charts, it just depends. The ASC and the Moon are very close to Spica, a generally benefic fixed star; most fixed stars apart from Algol are given an orb of 1-2 degrees.

Best,
AG:)

erinj

Hi Archer Girl

Thanks a million for your help. Sorry I did not provide all info here it is

When is the timing of marriage?
5/27/2006 4:02 pm Chicago, illinois