Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Unread 07-23-2019, 05:33 PM
starblueprints starblueprints is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 7
Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Uranian influence encourages us and enables us to go beyond the materialistic limitations and restrictions represented by Saturnian influence.
Yes.
Though you make Uranus sound gentle almost, and I wouldn't always call it that. Maybe if Uranus is trining or sextiling by transit or natal. But for those who have or are going through oppositions or squares, it's probably not feeling like a nice guy opening a door for us.

Reply With Quote
  #77  
Unread 07-23-2019, 07:55 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,199
Smile Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starblueprints View Post
Yes.
Though you make Uranus sound gentle almost, and I wouldn't always call it that. Maybe if Uranus is trining or sextiling by transit or natal. But for those who have or are going through oppositions or squares, it's probably not feeling like a nice guy opening a door for us.
It's still a struggle, I agree. I have it both significantly Trined and Squared. And, Saturn keeps putting on the brakes.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Unread 07-23-2019, 08:47 PM
starblueprints starblueprints is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 7
Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Saturn keeps putting on the brakes.
Saturn will also show us how much we've accomplished. When it hits the midheaven by transit, we can often receive the rewards of all the work done since it squared or opposed the midheaven.

One of the advantages of getting old...
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starblueprints For This Useful Post:
david starling (07-23-2019), YonyGursho (07-23-2019)
  #79  
Unread 07-24-2019, 03:41 AM
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,467
Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starblueprints View Post
Saturn will also show us how much we've accomplished. When it hits the midheaven by transit, we can often receive the rewards of all the work done since it squared or opposed the midheaven.

One of the advantages of getting old...
Not so sure about that... Transit Saturn is currently up my MC, and I may have accomplished something, but I'm currently drown in guilt that I'm not good enough.
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Unread 07-24-2019, 04:58 AM
starblueprints starblueprints is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 7
Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

drowning in guilt sounds a bit more like Neptune.
the first time Saturn was conjunct my midheaven I failed, massively.
Like I said getting old.
But then again I can't promise you did whatever it was Saturn was preaching when it squared your midheaven a few years ago...
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Unread 07-24-2019, 05:04 AM
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,467
Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starblueprints View Post
drowning in guilt sounds a bit more like Neptune.
the first time Saturn was conjunct my midheaven I failed, massively.
Like I said getting old.
But then again I can't promise you did whatever it was Saturn was preaching when it squared your midheaven a few years ago...
Have you experienced Saturn return? I have Neptune conj MC, so Saturn coming over also means a conjunction to Neptune as well. And I'm still waiting for Saturn return.
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Unread 07-24-2019, 04:00 PM
starblueprints starblueprints is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 7
Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

I knew what u were describing had something to do with Neptune -. I've know 2 people with Neptune conjunct midheaven, one of those people was a film director, the other was a drug dealer. I'm not making this up.

As far as a Saturn return, I've been through 2.

I was thinking about this whole thing of Saturn rules Aquarius. I'm not feelin it. I will say that generational realities are in play within astrology. I have noticed that people born prior to the discovery of Pluto, and for a few years after it's discovery, have a harder time transforming their lives than people born later. So I do believe that Astrology evolves.

Now when they, the astronomers, downgraded Pluto I don't think that mattered. I still see Pluto transits overcoming people all the time. It wasn't long before that, that the whole Asteroid Goddesses came into play in popular astrology. I've never seen anyone go through radical changes because Pallas Athene was conjunct their sun. So things evolve and get expanded. So why did Pluto not being a Planet have little effect?

But Saturn ruling Aquarius, I don't know. I'm still waiting for the Myth to support that. I would like to see some link to mass consciousness. Maybe I'm missing something?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to starblueprints For This Useful Post:
jac (07-26-2019)
  #83  
Unread 07-25-2019, 12:06 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,199
Smile Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starblueprints View Post
I knew what u were describing had something to do with Neptune -. I've know 2 people with Neptune conjunct midheaven, one of those people was a film director, the other was a drug dealer. I'm not making this up.

As far as a Saturn return, I've been through 2.

I was thinking about this whole thing of Saturn rules Aquarius. I'm not feelin it. I will say that generational realities are in play within astrology. I have noticed that people born prior to the discovery of Pluto, and for a few years after it's discovery, have a harder time transforming their lives than people born later. So I do believe that Astrology evolves.

Now when they, the astronomers, downgraded Pluto I don't think that mattered. I still see Pluto transits overcoming people all the time. It wasn't long before that, that the whole Asteroid Goddesses came into play in popular astrology. I've never seen anyone go through radical changes because Pallas Athene was conjunct their sun. So things evolve and get expanded. So why did Pluto not being a Planet have little effect?

But Saturn ruling Aquarius, I don't know. I'm still waiting for the Myth to support that. I would like to see some link to mass consciousness. Maybe I'm missing something?
The 7/12 pattern runs out of ruling Planets at Saturn. Then it stops, adds the Sign after Capricorn as a Domicle of Saturn, reverses, and by necessity, goes back the other way: Pisces for Jupiter, Aries For Mars, Taurus For Venus, Gemini For Mercury. Quite coincidental that the others make sense, which lends second-hand credibility to the only one that really doesn't [IMO]--Saturn being any kind of ruling Planet regarding Aquarius.
For some reason, it works well for Horary, but is unconvincing for Natal. [IMO]

Last edited by david starling; 07-25-2019 at 12:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Unread 07-26-2019, 09:15 PM
jac's Avatar
jac jac is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 125
Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

I'd like to weigh in here, but being an Aq with Sat in Cap in my 1st house, my objectivity might be tainted.

Oh, hell, you've been warned.

Personally, I run with ideas when the ol' lightning strikes, but the governor is always there watching. If it's a GOOD idea (whatever strikes me), Saturn hangs back.

Make sense?

Last edited by jac; 11-09-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Unread 07-26-2019, 09:34 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,199
Smile Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
I'd like to weigh in here, but being an Aq with Sat in Cap in my 1st house, my objectivity might be tainted.

Oh, hell, you've been warned.

Personally, I run with ideas when the ol' lightning strikes, but the governor as there watching over. If it's a GOOD idea (whatever strikes me), Saturn hangs back.

Make sense?
Where's your Merc?
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Unread 07-27-2019, 02:39 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: a pit
Posts: 14,521
Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

I was wondering the same thing about his Mercury for a while now.
__________________
We have silent dogs.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Unread 07-27-2019, 03:42 AM
katydid katydid is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,800
Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Mercury conjunct Sun in Cap, in 10th, square Jupiter/Aries in 1st.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Unread 07-27-2019, 04:01 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: a pit
Posts: 14,521
Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

No, not Yony's but jac. I know Yony's chart stats already.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Unread 07-27-2019, 09:33 PM
CapAquaPis's Avatar
CapAquaPis CapAquaPis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ...in the sidereal astrological system.
Posts: 2,084
Arrow Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

I believe my sign is ruled by both planets: Saturn is of wisdom and Uranus is of radicalism, both can represent science...all are parts of an Aquarian personality.
__________________
or , I have the same ruling planets: Uranus and Saturn. I see the Cancer rising. Aries in the MC and Venus was her name!
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Unread 07-27-2019, 10:12 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,199
Smile Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Saturn: rules, regulations, mortality
Jupiter: wisdom, abundance
: intelligence, transcendence
[IMO]
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Unread 07-28-2019, 12:00 AM
YonyGursho YonyGursho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 274
Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Saturn: rules, regulations, mortality
Jupiter: wisdom, abundance
: intelligence, transcendence
[IMO]
Correct but jupiter isn't intelligence thats mercury. Jupiter is knowledge.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Unread 07-28-2019, 05:31 AM
jac's Avatar
jac jac is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 125
Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Sorry to keep you waiting- Merc in Cap 1st house & part of a kite.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (07-28-2019), YonyGursho (07-28-2019)
  #93  
Unread 07-28-2019, 07:02 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,199
Smile Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YonyGursho View Post
Correct but jupiter isn't intelligence thats mercury. Jupiter is knowledge.
I meant is intelligence. But Jupiter does involve reasoning ability. The combination of & is awesome.
Merc is about cleverness.

Last edited by david starling; 07-28-2019 at 07:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
YonyGursho (07-28-2019)
  #94  
Unread 07-28-2019, 07:38 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,199
Smile Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
Sorry to keep you waiting- Merc in Cap 1st house & part of a kite.
Is your Grand Trine Earth or Water?
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Unread 07-28-2019, 09:05 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,199
Smile Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
Sorry to keep you waiting- Merc in Cap 1st house & part of a kite.
Merc in Cap=TOO clever!
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Unread 07-29-2019, 06:46 AM
jac's Avatar
jac jac is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 125
Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Earth.

So, you don't think much of merc in cap...?

Lately I don't assume anyone isn't being sarcastic.

Last edited by jac; 07-29-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
david starling (07-29-2019)
  #97  
Unread 07-29-2019, 07:08 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,199
Smile Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
Earth.

So, you don't think much of merc in cap...?

Lately I don't assume anyone isn't being sarcastic.
I almost always use a smilie if I'm being ironic. Like, or .
But, in this case, I'm not. I'm saying I consider Mercury to be the Exalted-ruler of Capricorn. That makes it very strong when in Capricorn, but it's primarily on its own, doing pretty much what it wants.
Mercury in Scorpio, on the other hand, is in a Service placement, and I refer that as a "Benefactor".
By the same pattern, Sun in Cap is a Benefactor.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
jac (07-29-2019)
  #98  
Unread 07-29-2019, 09:06 PM
YonyGursho YonyGursho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 274
Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Mercury is most comfortable when wielded by planetary energies that are close to air or airy in nature.

So merc in cap is overall a good placement for merc.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Unread 09-07-2019, 03:59 AM
CapAquaPis's Avatar
CapAquaPis CapAquaPis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ...in the sidereal astrological system.
Posts: 2,084
Post Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

In the Thema Mundi, Saturn is the ruler of Aquarius and the degree of saturn is 26' Aquarius (my natal sun) - February 14-15-16 (actually, born on the 15th).

Aries: Mars (14-15').
Taurus: Venus (14-15').
Gemini: Mercury (9-10').
Cancer: Moon (4-5').
Leo: Sun (0-1').
Virgo: Mercury (4-5')
Libra: Venus (9-10').
Scorpio: Mars (9-10').
Sagittarius: Jupiter (14-15').
Capricorn: Saturn (19-20').
Aquarius: Saturn (24-25').
Pisces: Jupiter (19-20').

Modern rulers or co-rulers if you go by traditional: Pluto for Scorpio, Neptune for Pisces, Uranus for Aquarius; and proposals to designate new co-rulers for Cruithne for Libra, Chiron for Virgo, True Node for Leo, Ceres for Cancer, Eris for Gemini, Sedna for Taurus and Lilith for Aries.
__________________
or , I have the same ruling planets: Uranus and Saturn. I see the Cancer rising. Aries in the MC and Venus was her name!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CapAquaPis For This Useful Post:
HarmonE (09-07-2019)
Reply

Tags
aquarius, proof, ruled, saturn, uranus

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.