Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 07-10-2019, 06:34 AM

Smile Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

The real dividing line between Trad and Mod is whether or not to use the 3 Outermosts as Sign-rulers. Trads don't, Mods do.

Unread 07-10-2019, 06:55 AM

Within the context of Modern astrology, I agree with Yony--Saturn doesn't rule Aquarius, even as a co-ruler.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
YonyGursho (07-10-2019)
Unread 07-10-2019, 07:08 AM

Notice that, in Traditional astrology, two Signs can have the same Domicle-ruler. But in the awkward Mod/Trad hybrid, one Sign has two Domicile-rulers in the cases of only 3 Signs--Scorpio, Aquarius, and Pisces.
Unread 07-10-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YonyGursho View Post
Wrong. 11th is the matters of eccentricity and innovation in one's life.
One house doesn't mean one thing. 7th isn't JUST the partner but open enemies too. 8th isn't JUST sex but occult and death and mystic knowledge.

Eccentricity is something that's up to each individual. What you find eccentric, I don't. What you find innovative, I don't. So your views are kind of plain and simplistic. That doesn't really work with astrology.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ardentika For This Useful Post:
jac (07-11-2019), katydid (07-10-2019)
Unread 07-10-2019, 08:51 AM

Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentika View Post
One house doesn't mean one thing. 7th isn't JUST the partner but open enemies too. 8th isn't JUST sex but occult and death and mystic knowledge.

Eccentricity is something that's up to each individual. What you find eccentric, I don't. What you find innovative, I don't. So your views are kind of plain and simplistic. That doesn't really work with astrology.
This^^^.
Unread 07-10-2019, 10:01 AM

I used to be centric, but now I'm ex-centric.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
HarmonE (07-10-2019)
Unread 07-10-2019, 11:38 AM

Traditional is the foundation. Modern is the edifice that rests upon it.
Unread 07-10-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentika View Post

What exactly are you saying here? Because im not sure im following.

11th house is the matters of eccentricity and innovation in one's life. I don't see why you're disagreeing with that idea.

Last edited by YonyGursho; 07-10-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Unread 07-10-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:

11th house is the matters of eccentricity and innovation in one's life. I don't see why you're disagreeing with that idea.
Ardentika is correct, as is David, astrology is multifaceted. Aquarius of course is ruled by Uranus, but the houses stand for many things 11th is also friends.....innovation is also derived by aspects.....nothing is completely black or white
Unread 07-10-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post

Ardentika is correct, as is David, astrology is multifaceted.
Aquarius of course is ruled by Uranus
Modernist astrologers use Uranus as co-ruler of Aquarius as well as Saturn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 07-10-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:

Standard for H11 is "friends". Haven't heard eccentricity and innovation until now. Where's it from?

Last edited by david starling; 07-10-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Unread 07-10-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Modernist astrologers use Uranus as co-ruler of Aquarius as well as Saturn
Modern is defined as using the 3 Outermosts as Sign-rulers AT ALL, whether as sole Domicile-rulers, or as Co-Domicile-rulers.
No statistics on how many are in one camp or the other, but ALL are classified as Modern.
Unread 07-10-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Standard for H11 is "friends". Haven't heard eccentricity and innovation until now. Where's it from?
I like it quite a bit, except I would categorize it somewhat differently. Since H10 is about fitting in with the group, I would call H11 "Individualistic". That leads to non-comformity, which may or may not be viewed as eccentric.
And, instead of innovation, "Solutions", not just anything new for its own sake, but an intelligent way to solve a problem.
Thanks for sharing!
Unread 07-10-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:

11th house is the matters of eccentricity and innovation in one's life.
I don't see why you're disagreeing with that idea.
Quote:

Standard for H11 is "friends".

Haven't heard eccentricity and innovation until now. Where's it from?
Quote:

I like it quite a bit, except I would categorize it somewhat differently.

Since H10 is about fitting in with the group

10th house = Career

Quote:

I would call H11 "Individualistic". That leads to non-comformity, which may or may not be viewed as eccentric.
And, instead of innovation, "Solutions", not just anything new for its own sake, but an intelligent way to solve a problem.
Thanks for sharing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 07-10-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
10th house = Career
Career is about fitting in with a group. I agree with "Career' for H10, as in the business world.
Unread 07-10-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:

Career is about fitting in with a group.
Self-employed

Quote:

I agree with "Career' for H10, as in the business world.

Unread 07-10-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Self-employed
You have to fit in with people you work for and/or with, whether co-workers, employers or clients.
Unread 07-10-2019, 04:29 PM

There's also social identity involved with H10, relating one's identity to a profession. H11 is about separating individual identity from professional.
Unread 07-10-2019, 04:51 PM

H11 in Modern could be considered the "House of Astrology ".
Not only because it's linked by most Modernists with , Modern ruler of astrology, but because one's Chart is viewed as that of an individual. If someone asks, "what are you", the H10 answer would involve profession. The H11 answer might well be astrological in nature. Of course, if you're in conventional social-setting and you answer with your Sun, Moon and rising, you'd most likely be labeled "eccentric".
Unread 07-10-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:

Just a wee bit curious here YonyGursho.... are you an Aquarius Sun or heavily Aquarian in your natal?

Unread 07-11-2019, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Modernist astrologers are dependent on the foundation of traditional domicile rulers
What works for the foundation doesn't necessarily work for the edifice built upon it.

Btw, I really like the words "Modernist" and "Tradtionalist", in place of "Modern" and "Traditional". I'm going to use them. Maybe the boards chould be changed to that effect.
Unread 07-11-2019, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Wrong. 11th is the matters of eccentricity and innovation in one's life.
Let's see what Dane Rudyhar has to say about the 11th house:

The tenth mansion is that of "achievement"; but in the eleventh, man is confronted with a new mode of activity, which may be best expressed by the word "transfiguration" — or perhaps as well, "metamorphosis". What this signifies must be clear to one who realizes that in the tenth mansion the individual reaches fulfillment; this, because his individual selfhood is now solidly established, not apart from the whole, but as a part of the whole. There is thus nothing more for him to do as an individual. But there is much indeed to do as a part of the greater whole to which he now rightfully belongs and in which he functions as a vital cell.

What is to be done is no longer to be done as a separate individual, but as a responsible citizen of a community. He must, first of all, prove himself a good citizen, a good neighbor, a good friend. And this is self-transfiguration — which means that he must "figure out" things differently, from a communalistic, and no longer from an individualistic basis; also that he must "cut a figure" full of social implications and guided by a social or group purpose. This indeed is nothing short of a metamorphosis. Out of the chrysalis the butterfly now emerges. And the butterfly feeds upon the nectar of flowers, the ambrosia of the gods — of those who live fully in terms of the cosmic or planetary whole.

http://khaldea.com/rudhyar/nmnm/nmnm_p1_c11.php

Last edited by katydid; 07-11-2019 at 01:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
YonyGursho (07-11-2019)
Unread 07-11-2019, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonE View Post
Just a wee bit curious here YonyGursho.... are you an Aquarius Sun or heavily Aquarian in your natal?
No. Cap sun. And I have heavy Saturn and Jupiter only and one other thing forgot what it was.
Unread 07-11-2019, 03:23 AM

Quote:
No. Cap sun. And I have heavy Saturn and Jupiter only and one other thing forgot what it was.

Ahhhh..ok! i was sensing a strong saturn influence so if you were Aquarian it could help this discussion ..acht well

The Following User Says Thank You to HarmonE For This Useful Post:
YonyGursho (07-11-2019)
Unread 07-11-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Let's see what Dane Rudyhar has to say about the 11th house:

The tenth mansion is that of "achievement"; but in the eleventh, man is confronted with a new mode of activity, which may be best expressed by the word "transfiguration" or perhaps as well, "metamorphosis". What this signifies must be clear to one who realizes that in the tenth mansion the individual reaches fulfillment; this, because his individual selfhood is now solidly established, not apart from the whole, but as a part of the whole. There is thus nothing more for him to do as an individual. But there is much indeed to do as a part of the greater whole to which he now rightfully belongs and in which he functions as a vital cell.

What is to be done is no longer to be done as a separate individual, but as a responsible citizen of a community. He must, first of all, prove himself a good citizen, a good neighbor, a good friend. And this is self-transfiguration which means that he must "figure out" things differently, from a communalistic, and no longer from an individualistic basis; also that he must "cut a figure" full of social implications and guided by a social or group purpose. This indeed is nothing short of a metamorphosis. Out of the chrysalis the butterfly now emerges. And the butterfly feeds upon the nectar of flowers, the ambrosia of the gods of those who live fully in terms of the cosmic or planetary whole.

http://khaldea.com/rudhyar/nmnm/nmnm_p1_c11.php
Hmm that makes sense. It makes sense also to be the house of gains simply said. You will gain from a community. If 10th is your career for example, you can't gain without your customers, boss, co workers and so on, which would be the 11th. A community working towards a common goal.

I think people don't realize what a visionary Saturn can be too. He's been butchered with his name as Lord of Karma. However ,let's say you have in mind your perfect career. But it's scary, you keep procrastinating or pushing it aside. Saturn will prolly deny you all ****** jobs just because he sees on the future and wants to set you up on the right path. Even if this happens after 5 or 10 years. Because Saturn has a vision for your best future. That's also very Aquarian.

The only difference here is Saturn is a very traditional planet as well as Capricorn. However the Uranus in Capricorn generation is here to break traditions. Because Uranus is mostly a rebel. It rebels against traditions that is views as outdated and no longer working. However , Uranus much as Saturn may bring the necessary "evil" needed for evolution.
The Following User Says Thank You to ardentika For This Useful Post:
katydid (07-11-2019)

Tags
aquarius, proof, ruled, saturn, uranus