Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 03-09-2019, 04:58 PM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
I find it impossible to empathize with killers like Jason, Michael Myers, Freddie Kruger. People like them don't really exist. I think they're embodiments of the evil that hides inside some seemingly normal people. I can empathize with more complex ones from literature, like Frankenstein and his monster and Dracula. I've tried out of curiosity but can't empathize with people who hurt for pleasure. I have no problem empathizing with soldiers in battle or others in similar circumstances. I can also empathize with vengeance killers to some degree, although I could never mimic them. I was writing a book from the point of view of a vengeance killer at one point, and it was possible but extremely difficult to imagine what she would think and how she would feel. I'd never experienced that writing any other character.

That's sweet.

You likely have a lot more time to waste or not waste than I do. I mean that on a few levels.
I used to research serial killers a lot as a pre-teen/teen and watch the Investigation Discovery channel about various killers, serial killers, murderers, etc. For a while, I thought I could be a sociopath or had higher levels of sociopathy than the average person, because I tried so hard to get into their heads.

Have you ever seen Hannibal? Will Graham the FBI agent who catches serial killers, I identify with him, but not to such an extreme degree.

The Following User Says Thank You to moonkat235 For This Useful Post:
Gemini888 (03-12-2019)
Unread 03-09-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
"Beware the light shining out my butt."

Witchyone, what is your signature? How does someone poop light out of their butt? That doesn't make sense. I mean, technically speaking, people can poop darkness out of their butt because it's like a gaping hole...

so do you mind explaining your signature?
Someone insinuated that I think that light shines out of my bum, so I gave myself a warning label. I'm tired of that smart-*** joke now and have been meaning to change my avatar too.

My avatar is from this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlEC5CA3s-A
Unread 03-09-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
I have Jupiter in Pisces.
Hehe, the lovey-dovey lazy Jupiter. I have it too.
Unread 03-09-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonkat235 View Post
I used to research serial killers a lot as a pre-teen/teen and watch the Investigation Discovery channel about various killers, serial killers, murderers, etc. For a while, I thought I could be a sociopath or had higher levels of sociopathy than the average person, because I tried so hard to get into their heads.

Have you ever seen Hannibal? Will Graham the FBI agent who catches serial killers, I identify with him, but not to such an extreme degree.
I've had that fear too. Like, why am I so fascinated by things that other people find disgusting? I was administered an exam to figure out which flavor of crazy I was demonstrating, and I scored unusually low on sociopathy. I think that's probably why I'm so curious about it.

No, I haven't watched Hannibal. I relate strongly to Jody Foster's Agent Starling, though.
Unread 03-09-2019, 05:22 PM

Oh wow, it's gorgeous outside. I have to go enjoy it!
Unread 03-09-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I've had that fear too. Like, why am I so fascinated by things that other people find disgusting? I was administered an exam to figure out which flavor of crazy I was demonstrating, and I scored unusually low on sociopathy. I think that's probably why I'm so curious about it.

No, I haven't watched Hannibal. I relate strongly to Jody Foster's Agent Starling, though.
That's interesting about the test. Which one was it? How was it administered?

Jody Foster's portrayal of Agent Starling was incredible. So classic.
Unread 03-09-2019, 11:33 PM

What is your interpretation of Jupiter in Sagittarius, David?
Unread 03-10-2019, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Whoops, I missed this. Yes, the rating system bar. If someone is trying to avoid spoilers, they probably wouldn't want to scroll down to find it.
I have an idea. Instead of words, I will crop out the rating bar and put it right there. People can only see the rating bar but not the picture. That way if anyone read the whole thing they will be able to understand what the bar is about.

I'm going to try it when I'm on my computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini888 For This Useful Post:
Witchyone (03-10-2019)
Unread 03-10-2019, 03:53 AM

Quote:
What card do you vibe with the most so far?
I still have the Air land and Earth land to go, but so far I vibe the most with the Hermit. An old wise man, less talk, more thought and action

Now I have some more questions. The book I bought did an excellent job at explaining the symbol, but when it comes to card spread, it's a$$.
Unread 03-10-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
That's interesting about the test. Which one was it? How was it administered?

Jody Foster's portrayal of Agent Starling was incredible. So classic.
My memory about it is fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure I took it at one of those big white computer terminals with a black screen and green type. I think I had to rate statements, similar to a MBTI personality test. I don't remember all the parameters it measured. I remember the sociopathy category (or it could have been antisocial or something similar) because I saw I had a percentage in it, and I was alarmed and asked about it. I was told my score was actually lower than average, and I shouldn't worry.
Unread 03-10-2019, 06:32 PM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
What is your interpretation of Jupiter in Sagittarius, David?
Jupiter Regulates Sagittarius. When in the Sign it Regulates, a ruler provides a strong sense of Self-Direction. Given the kingship accorded to Zeus/Jupiter during the Age of Sagittarius, Zeus/Jupiter frees the Native-ruler, Apollo's Triangle (visible half of the heavens, including Asc, M.C., and Desc.) from administrative duties. The Olympiad Rings show the close working relationship between the father/son gods: The 2 outer rings were symbolic of 2 successive Olympiads, dedicated to Zeus, which were city-state contests, like our current Olympics. The center ring was dedicated to Apollo, and were more sacred and personal contests.
I see this as the very stable, analytical nature of Zeus/Jupiter containing and calming the more impulsive and volatile nature of Apollo, while still giving the god of Solar-light center stage.

Last edited by david starling; 03-10-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Unread 03-10-2019, 06:42 PM

Everybody scream!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Unread 03-10-2019, 06:44 PM

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmm....
Unread 03-10-2019, 06:47 PM

Stop yelling at me David

jesus..
Unread 03-10-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
How do you mean? I'm just repeating what Revelations says.
Here's one nay-sayer's contrary opinion.* I've also heard debates about the "Left Behind" interpretation of the Rapture among Evangelicals, mostly criticizing it as an 1830 A.D. addition to Scripture by John Nelson Darby.

*[I've deleted the link because my tablet said it wasn't a safe site.]

Last edited by david starling; 03-10-2019 at 07:03 PM.
Unread 03-10-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Everybody scream!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vv_LwwwpmU

Sorry. I can't help myself sometimes.

Last edited by Witchyone; 03-10-2019 at 07:30 PM. Reason: LOL. I changed the link because the first version said it was a 2 Live Crew song...hahaha
Unread 03-10-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Here's one nay-sayer's contrary opinion.* I've also heard debates about the "Left Behind" interpretation of the Rapture among Evangelicals, mostly criticizing it as an 1830 A.D. addition to Scripture by John Nelson Darby.

*[I've deleted the link because my tablet said it wasn't a safe site.]
Is the criticism about the "Left Behind" series or the King James Bible version of Revelations? I don't know the series or how well it matches the biblical text.

I don't consider any of it reliable or likely to happen, but I grew up in a fundamentalist church, so we believed that what it said was exactly what literally happened and would happen, word for word.
Unread 03-10-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Is the criticism about the "Left Behind" series or the King James Bible version of Revelations? I don't know the series or how well it matches the biblical text.

I don't consider any of it reliable or likely to happen, but I grew up in a fundamentalist church, so we believed that what it said was exactly what literally happened and would happen, word for word.
It's about Darby's INTERPRETATION of Scripture, that many consider un-Biblical. That's what the "Left Behind" concept is based on.
Unread 03-10-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
It's about Darby's INTERPRETATION of Scripture, that many consider un-Biblical. That's what the "Left Behind" concept is based on.
What is the interpretation that they object to? Like I said, I don't know what happens in the series.
Unread 03-10-2019, 08:04 PM

Witchyone, you should talk to us on discord where we have free speech
Unread 03-11-2019, 01:22 AM

Quote:
What is the interpretation that they object to? Like I said, I don't know what happens in the series.
They say that there's nothing in Scripture about Ascension of the material form as a result of the Rapture. The souls alone will go up to Heaven, not their bodies. Dead bodies left behind, for those who remain to bury.
Unread 03-11-2019, 01:24 AM

Talking Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Magic considering to TRADE LeBron James this summer!
Unread 03-11-2019, 02:25 AM

Quote:
My memory about it is fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure I took it at one of those big white computer terminals with a black screen and green type. I think I had to rate statements, similar to a MBTI personality test. I don't remember all the parameters it measured. I remember the sociopathy category (or it could have been antisocial or something similar) because I saw I had a percentage in it, and I was alarmed and asked about it. I was told my score was actually lower than average, and I shouldn't worry.
Have you considered dark preoccupations might actually mean you're just being honest with yourself? I'd think someone who has dark preoccupations hidden within them would be more likely to actually be some flavor of crazy. at least if you're aware of it, you can delve into it

This is coming from someone who's probably been far worse on the end of dark preoccupations than anyone here, but I'm also very empathic
Witchyone (03-11-2019)
Unread 03-11-2019, 02:32 AM

Quote:
They say that there's nothing in Scripture about Ascension of the material form as a result of the Rapture. The souls alone will go up to Heaven, not their bodies. Dead bodies left behind, for those who remain to bury.
Ascension is from my perspective in many ways about breaking the death cycle and thereby being able to take in higher frequency of free energy (light) through the body thus expanding ones scope of possibilities in terms of abilities and experiences of what reality is beyond the narrow range of visible light (physical world) we have been programmed to see and experience.

Y

Last edited by ynnest; 03-11-2019 at 02:36 AM.
Unread 03-11-2019, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
What do I mean by flamboyant Mercury? It's colourful, exuberant, creative, vibrant, energetic and "intense". I know you like to attribute a lot of your mental characteristics to having Pluto in your 3rd, but I think that placement is not the main engine behind your idiosyncratic expression.

"Good" is too vague and simplistic a word to describe what I mean - and the state of your Mercury is anything but one-dimensional . The words prolific and loud capture better my meaning. It's a highly expressive and powerful Mercury. It will have a pervasive presence in your life - I feel this is stating the obvious.

My view of retrograde planets is that they are mixture of idiosyncratic, and internalized energies. The Vedics view them as stronger because they are actually closer to the Earth when they are in retrograde motion, thus having a greater energetic stamp on the natives born at that time. I don't have any retrogrades myself so I don't have any personal experience with the energetic pattern.

Which is another interesting thing that is apparent with your Merc - not only is it retrograde, and it also connected with the three outers, which are all retrograde as well. So not only is your Mercury idiosyncratic and interior, but the energies that signify as a class those elements of the human experience that fall beyond order and boundary are all internalized, idiosyncratically handled and find themselves manifesting mostly through your Mercury - yes, I agree that your Mercury is afflicted and we've seen how that has manifested through the various issues you've had surrounding depression, your mental disorders, drug abuse and so on. Being so constantly bombarded by those destabilizing energies might have had the effect of permanently scarring you and "opening you up" - you have no choice but to take part in those deeper psychological and spiritual processes because you don't have the "luxury" of developing a Saturnian membrane that allows you to file away all the chaotic, ungovernable messiness that lies beyond the barrier of societal order and "normalcy".

Chiron in 12th might actually be a mirror to this - a wound that lies within the depth of the unconscious. An opening to the "nether realm" that will never heal.

And then your Mercury is in the sign of Cancer - a watery sign. The most difficult element to direct since it deals with the emotions and intuitions. Even in the tradition since Phlegmatics were seen as the least likely to have worldly success since they were so ruled by their desire nature and lacked the discipline to keep on a track long enough to completion.

Then, your Mercury is close to a powerful fixed star - Sirius, the dogstar.
http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Sirius.html

All of this and your Moon/Mars on the AC wasn't even added yet in regard to its connection to your Mercury.

The thing to bare in mind is that your Mercury is not merely another planet in your chart - but your ascendant ruler. So this goes much deeper than just how your mind works, but in fact how your personality structure is constituted.

And there was no need to bring in the 12th house, 8th house or Scorpio into the mix. It's all right there in the chart - it's just not the instant ramen style that is dominant on the web.

It's a complex Mercury, and it rules your ascendant. It's safe to say that you're a complex person.
Thank you for this btw, it helped me a lot
I'm not sure if I'm quite so prolific, I feel like mentally I am, but as for what I've exposed to the world, I'm not. Maybe that's partially a result of my Mercury being retrograded. It's all inside me but I'm searching for the right ways for me to get it out there and it actually is a necessity for me. It seems like there's nothing, but to me it feels like there's everything and it's just a trial in my 20s of finding the modes of expression