Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 10-14-2019, 05:26 AM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
That was going to be my question originally actually - how long does it take for hindsight to sharpen to 20/20 where these large astrological events are concerned? Then discovered the freaky thing regarding partition, which took 5 days (!) to become reality after the papers were submitted.

Partition killed 1 million people and formed 2 nuclear powers. Not localized, if not visible.
The play on words is "Hindsight will be 2020 vision, after this next one".
The approach of the change in tropical Ages, in Taurus, and Neptune in Pisces, are all unique this time around. I would be extremely surprised if the Saturn/Pluto conj is a non-event, but what it will result in seems unclear. So many things that could go wrong!

The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
passiflora (10-14-2019)
Unread 10-14-2019, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Nice question. I would think, a technology primarily oriented towards consciousness. What’s your definition?
It's a feeling. Something amazingly good happening for no apparent reason.
Unread 10-14-2019, 06:35 AM

It's a four-way Conjunction, Jan. 12, 2020. Sun and Mercury are included.
Unread 10-14-2019, 07:28 AM

Although I can't specify the event, or events, that will correlate to this portentous Conjunction, I have confidence that it will be another necessary step forward in the tropical Age change-over. Mercury will be a major player in the upcoming Conjunction, and is the Motivational-ruler for Aquarius. Pluto's ingress into Aquarius in 2023 will trigger another forward step. One step at a time.
Unread 10-14-2019, 03:56 PM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
It's a four-way Conjunction, Jan. 12, 2020. Sun and Mercury are included.
Ceres is at 22 Cap also.
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cold Fusion For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-14-2019)
Unread 10-14-2019, 04:57 PM

Advice born of deep listening and silent emotional support, I will aspire to do more of that.
Unread 10-14-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Advice born of deep listening and silent emotional support, I will aspire to do more of that.
Same here.
Unread 10-14-2019, 09:09 PM

The diving dove dove deep under the rainbow.

Last edited by david starling; 10-14-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Unread 10-17-2019, 01:34 AM

Moon in tropical Gem in less than 2 hours.
Unread 10-17-2019, 02:14 AM

Mercury in Scorpio is Trine Neptune in Pisces: A realization that "Life is but a dream". When one is locked into a particular dream, it appears to be the only possible "reality".

Last edited by david starling; 10-17-2019 at 02:23 AM.
Unread 10-17-2019, 03:30 AM

I remember an interesting theory posited by a poster many months ago about the ability to handle Pluto in the natal chart. His view was that people without the Scorpio sign strongly tenanted in the natal chart are likelier to mismanage the energy signature and fall into dysfunctional behaviours faster.

There is an urban legend of sorts surrounding the cinematic role of the Joker from the Batman series. Apparently for one to get into character for the role one needs to descend into places of deep psychological darkness in order to plum the depths and assume the skin of the legendary villain. There is a theory that this process was partly responsible for Heath Ledger's death - in any event the filming of The Dark Knight was grueling for him and he went into his next acting project still exhausted and a bit hung over from the last affair. Modernly Pluto is said to be the planet of death, destruction, the underworld/the underground, the mafia, psychology, and violent unstoppable change.

It's interesting to note that the 3 last actors who played as the Joker - Heath Ledger, Jared Leto and Joaquin Phoenix - were all "plutonic" according to the standards of modern astrology. Ledger had the Sun-Pluto opposition, Leto has a T-square of Pluto conj. ascendant opposition Mars on descendant with Sun in Capricorn at the apex, and Phoenix (fitting) has a hyper concentrated stellium between 28 Libra to 4 Scorpio. His Scorpio planets include the Sun, Mars and Venus. Also throughout the day the Aries Moon would be in opposition to a Libran Pluto. Of these plutonic actors, only Joaquin has planets in Scorpio.

The preparation that Ledger went through for the role is well-known, Leto was said to go full "method actor" and did such things as mail dead animals and condoms to his co-stars with one specific colleague carrying around mace in order to discourage Leto's antics. While it was said that Phoenix was very breezy and friendly during his time of filming the recent Joker movie, and in one interview even said that he "doesn't even know what people mean by method acting". Yet he was able to give a compelling performance that has many people raving, so much that they are calling it the best interpretation of Joker of all time.

The role took a toll on Ledger, Leto tried too hard and is regarded as the worst joker by the majority, and Phoenix gave a compelling performance without exhausting or damaging himself. In fact easily able to forget about the role and putting weight back on.

Is this an observation that gives credence to the Scorpio influenced naturally handling the plutonic energy signature well?

Also another interesting observation of the charts of the 3 is that Joaquin and Ledger have heavy water influence while Leto has none. The common reception is that everyone could see that Leto was acting while the former two disappeared into their roles.
Unread 10-17-2019, 03:47 AM

This article is related to the theory said poster had. https://chirotic.com/2012/09/26/how-big-is-your-pluto/
Unread 10-17-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
This article is related to the theory said poster had. https://chirotic.com/2012/09/26/how-big-is-your-pluto/
I'd like to know how the strength quotient was derived. Looks counterintuitive, to say the least.

Last edited by david starling; 10-17-2019 at 07:36 AM.
Unread 10-17-2019, 07:46 AM

You could contact him and ask him. From what he said in some articles, he gets contacted frequently and is willing to address the issues that people ask him. Although now I notice that he's now monetized his blog through Patreon so who knows what he will share or won't for free.

Here's another Planetary ranking that is unique to him. He says that it is calibrated through a specific methodology checked against a number of spiritual mythologies that feel intuitively correct to him. The first commenter says that it's similar to the three worlds of Norse tradition, the tree of Yggdrasil: Niflhelm, Midgard and Asgard.
https://chirotic.com/2011/11/03/the-...mes/#more-1327

A kindred soul of yours? I'm sure you can appreciate the innovative spirit. You might find corresponding with him fruitful and inspiring for your own astrological process.

I know you have Pluto weakened in Sagittarius in 12/12. Contrary to him. A discussion with him might be in order.
david starling (10-17-2019)
Unread 10-17-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
You could contact him and ask him. From what he said in some articles, he gets contacted frequently and is willing to address the issues that people ask him. Although now I notice that he's now monetized his blog through Patreon so who knows what he will share or won't for free.

Here's another Planetary ranking that is unique to him. He says that it is calibrated through a specific methodology checked against a number of spiritual mythologies that feel intuitively correct to him. The first commenter says that it's similar to the three worlds of Norse tradition, the tree of Yggdrasil: Niflhelm, Midgard and Asgard.
https://chirotic.com/2011/11/03/the-...mes/#more-1327

A kindred soul of yours? I'm sure you can appreciate the innovative spirit. You might find corresponding with him fruitful and inspiring for your own astrological process.

I know you have Pluto weakened in Sagittarius in 12/12. Contrary to him. A discussion with him might be in order.
Seems like it would at least be stronger in the Sign it Domicile-rules than a Sign of a different Modality and Element from its Domicile-sign.
I'm using Sumero-Babylonian, Egyptian, and Greco-Roman religions. The Norse tradition relates more to ancient rune stones than astrology in my experience. I'll see if there's a layout as to how his patterns are arranged.
Unread 10-17-2019, 11:16 PM

Well, nothing informative about Jeremy Neal on the Ages, or his basis for determining planetary strength. Wondering if any of our own Brits know much about him. He's definitely a real pro at what he does. Says his grandfather was an astrologer, and started teaching him when he was 12 years of age.

Last edited by david starling; 10-17-2019 at 11:25 PM.
Unread 10-18-2019, 04:29 AM

I believe I have his planetary strength calculator. im pretty sure it was non transparent as to his method but I'll check
The Following User Says Thank You to TreasureForever For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-18-2019)
Unread 10-18-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasureForever View Post
I believe I have his planetary strength calculator. im pretty sure it was non transparent as to his method but I'll check
I like your name! Brings hope to humanity!

Y
Unread 10-18-2019, 03:06 PM

Oh I just searched who Jeremy Neal was, Iíve came across the Chirotic Journal a couple of times and found the articles to be good. I made a note to make use of it regularly but found the site difficult to navigate or become involved with. Didnít know he was a Brit and donít really know anything about him.
Unread 10-18-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnest View Post
I like your name! Brings hope to humanity!

Y
What does your name mean? It brings hope to no one! Joking!

U
Unread 10-18-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasureForever View Post
Would be good to know. Even if the method is intuitive itís helpful to be taken along for the ride.

Defining terms would help too, like what is strength exactly? If for example the planet is somewhere itís unhappy, like rising Pluto, it canít necessarily access its perceived strength.

Itís an interesting thought that a tenanted Scorpio could make plutonic energy easier to deal with, and assessing that claim might take some kind of phenomenological inquiry - if Pluto wants to be hidden, it canít be judged shallowly by statistical comparison.
Unread 10-18-2019, 04:06 PM

Wonder if the book mentioned in this comment was published:
chirotic
September 26, 2012 at 1:40 pm
Well, it is because Sagittarius naturally gives strength to Pluto as it does also to Jupiter of course. There are numerous systems which measure planetary strength, although they are not generally employed by Western astrology. That is rather crazy I believe. The Hindu Nakshatras are one such, as well as the arabic Manazils. Any Hindu astrologer will perform what are called Ďshadbalasí, these are complex calculations which assign strength according to various criteria. The rising sign, proximity to angles, and the planetary sign and house placement are all considered. There has been very little work on it in the west however. The fRench astrologer Volguine explored these systems with some success, and of course Firmicus began these types of studies a very long time ago.
I am writing a short book on measuring planetary strength in the context of the progressed chart. My belief is that while you will always have Pluto in the position it was rendered at birth, it will gain or lose power according to the progressions of Pluto as time passes. I have done all the research and it is 100% reliable. I hope to have it written in the next three or four months. It is like Western astrologyís missing leg. Just as Orcus is the other missing leg 😉 Quite how we made any sense of the nativity without these factors is remarkable!
Unread 10-18-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
What does your name mean? It brings hope to no one! Joking!

U
Says the lady with (c)rap in her name (pooh)! Well figured out!

Just joking!

Y
Unread 10-18-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Would be good to know. Even if the method is intuitive it’s helpful to be taken along for the ride.

Defining terms would help too, like what is strength exactly? If for example the planet is somewhere it’s unhappy, like rising Pluto, it can’t necessarily access its perceived strength.

It’s an interesting thought that a tenanted Scorpio could make plutonic energy easier to deal with, and assessing that claim might take some kind of phenomenological inquiry - if Pluto wants to be hidden, it can’t be judged shallowly by statistical comparison.

"Strength" is too vague a term. Jeremy does say that a stronger placement isn't necessarily a better one.
I've already determined that Mars in Taurus, for example, is an extremely noticeable influence. In Trad, it's in detriment by essential Dignity, since it's Domiciled in the opposite Sign, Scorpio. In 12/12, it's the opposite of Exalted, since Mars is Exalted in Scorpio.
I also notice that I made a mistake when I said Pluto should be stronger in its Domicile-sign than in a Sign which shares neither Modality nor Element with Fixed-Water; in this case, Sagittarius. Because, that's exactly the situation with all of the Exalted placements in 12/12: Pluto is Exalted in Gemini, different Element and Modality than its Domicile-sign, Scorpio. Which means it's what Trad calls, "in its Fall" in Sagittarius, just as Mars in Taurus is "in its Fall" (if I were to use that terminology) in 12/12.
Here's a thought--maybe an afflicted placement has to compensate with an increase in strength, to make its influence felt. Same thing might apply to affliction due to accidental debilities.
"Noticeable" influence might be a better description than "strong". Pluto in Scorpio is a match, and blends in nicely, whereas Pluto in Sagittarius is a mismatch, and stands out for that reason.

Last edited by david starling; 10-18-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Unread 10-18-2019, 09:56 PM

Following that train of thought, I've wondered why Asc in Scorpio usually stands out so clearly. In 12/12, the Ascendant is a Benefactor when it's in Taurus, which means it's an afflicted placement in Scorpio. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's the exact opposite of a Benefactor in Scorpio--just, not inclined to be helpful, yet demands to be recognized.
Here's another one: The Sun in Aquarius has to rise to the challenge of being "in its Detriment" when in Aquarius, and is quite noticeable.

Last edited by david starling; 10-18-2019 at 10:15 PM.