Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 11-26-2018, 01:17 AM

Neptune's a b*tch

and the most f*cked up planet in the solar system.

I just needed to say that.

Unread 11-26-2018, 01:26 AM

Re: Neptune's a b*tch

Why do you think? When I read charts I go to transiting Neptune to find out where the client is the most confused at the time of the reading. My transiting Jupiter is approaching natal Neptune and it's making me nervous. Expanded confusion? creativity? Time will tell..
The Following User Says Thank You to watcherofthesouth For This Useful Post:
StillOne (11-27-2018)
Unread 11-26-2018, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watcherofthesouth View Post
Why do you think? When I read charts I go to transiting Neptune to find out where the client is the most confused at the time of the reading. My transiting Jupiter is approaching natal Neptune and it's making me nervous. Expanded confusion? creativity? Time will tell..
My personal experience says that wherever Neptune is there'll be madness, delusion and hysteria. Take, for instance, my mother who has a Neptune dominant chart and a Pisces 4th house. Her mother was a crazy medium psychic who beated the sh*t out of her and as she grown up she turned out to be not quite better than her own mother, although less violent. Crazy cult leader and Church of Satan founder Anton LaVey also had a very strong Neptune (his chart is actually oddly similar to my mother's) and he was a compulsive liar and a terrible father to his children. Just like my mom he wasn't a bad person, but was deeply troubled. I know lots of other cases revolving around mental health problems and it seems that a strong Neptune is always there. Also my biggest problems in life are all related to 3rd house issues and guess who's there? The blue gas giant b*tch!
Don't take me too seriously; I don't mean Neptune is the cause of all our problems, but its influence seems to be invariably malefic.

Last edited by Uraninborgh; 11-26-2018 at 02:36 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uraninborgh For This Useful Post:
jac (11-09-2019), PlutoLibScoAsc (09-18-2019)
Unread 11-26-2018, 02:38 AM

Very interesting and could understand your (quite humorous) description based on your experience. It can also mean drugs, another potential source of chaos. Poorly aspected, bad results can ensue. I'd be interested to find someone with a strong Neptune where it developed in a positive way.
The Following User Says Thank You to watcherofthesouth For This Useful Post:
SunnyTerra (11-01-2019)
Unread 11-26-2018, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Very interesting and could understand your (quite humorous) description based on your experience. It can also mean drugs, another potential source of chaos. Poorly aspected, bad results can ensue. I'd be interested to find someone with a strong Neptune where it developed in a positive way.
Maybe Alice Cooper? His Neptune rising is a strong one and his art is all about the twisted side of human nature, but himself is a spiritual, healthy and successful guy (quite the opposite of the impression his music brings). I guess he sublimated his Neptune well. It's seems like an exception, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Uraninborgh For This Useful Post:
SunnyTerra (11-01-2019)
Unread 11-26-2018, 03:25 AM

Talking Re: Neptune's a b*tch

If you don't integrate Saturn, (Uranus, Neptune and Pluto) will vibrate on their lowest octaves and they can act as life-ruiners.

Work on Saturn first, it's not that bad. Just common sense, caution and accepting things as they are. Then you can understand and "manage" better the real complex energies of the three trans- saturnine. They are f* nice on their higher octaves!!!

Last edited by virgo18; 11-26-2018 at 03:27 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to virgo18 For This Useful Post:
qma (01-06-2019), Snuffy (03-17-2019)
Unread 11-26-2018, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo18 View Post
If you don't integrate Saturn, (Uranus, Neptune and Pluto) will vibrate on their lowest octaves and they can act as life-ruiners.

Work on Saturn first, it's not that bad. Just common sense, caution and accepting things as they are. Then you can understand and "manage" better the real complex energies of the three trans- saturnine. They are f* nice on their higher octaves!!!
Well, I believe you. Dealing with Saturn is hard but is totally worth it since it brings the best that's hidden inside us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Uraninborgh For This Useful Post:
virgo18 (11-27-2018)
Unread 11-26-2018, 03:54 AM
Banned

The benefit of being an astrologer is that we could learn about the higher and lower octaves of each planet, and with our free will, we could choose how to best integrate these influences into our lives through the choices that we make. The goal of alchemy is to turn lead into gold. Metaphorically this is what we do as astrologers. If you have an afflicted Neptune then you may choose to explore the nature of consciousness, spirituality, imagination, acting, drama, music, poetry, dance, mythology, being a victim/savior/martyr, etc... There may also be issues with healing from addictions, or experimenting with entheogens. Neptune dissolves boundaries, which is sometimes necessary. Just make sure that you could find your way back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VirgoSun1978 For This Useful Post:
Lykanized (11-26-2018), three M symbols (09-23-2019)
Unread 11-26-2018, 04:00 AM

I hear you, I have been known to curse Neptune and rue the minute I was born that brought my chart right off the cliff into the stormy sea. I have weathered all my personal planets as they got hit one by one with transiting Neptune on an angle. But Iím not a collateral damage story. I am happy with where my life is and I didnít have to become a nun or a nurse in order to get my footing. I think the main thing to realize about yourself is that you will always be ďdifferentĒ my career is a creative one that I engineered for myself and my life is a little bit fly by the seat of my pants but I feel like a success. Itís totally possible to get here, but itís also very important with Neptune to not expect anything to ďlastĒ you have to be flexible and go with the flow...

Last edited by Starsareround; 11-26-2018 at 04:15 AM.
Unread 11-26-2018, 04:34 AM

I got lot of aspetcs of Neptune still I love Neptune. May be cos my Neptune is good. I like to live in dream world. Reality Disappoints me.

Neptune Inconjunct Sun.
Neptune Conjunct Juno.
Neptune Sextile Mars,Pluto and Vertex.
Neptune Opposite Moon, Venus and Fortuna.
Neptune in 7th H Sag and Conjunct 8th House Cusp.

Last edited by Somna7H; 11-27-2018 at 04:33 AM.
Unread 11-26-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uraninborgh View Post
Well, I believe you. Dealing with Saturn is hard but is totally worth it since it brings the best that's hidden inside us.
Is it count neptune with sextile to the saturn?
Unread 11-26-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uraninborgh View Post
The blue gas giant b*tch!
This is hilarious!

I also have neptune 3rd house 29 degrees capricorn

Interestingly, i made some 3d modelled art this week for a fun competition titled 'Fantasy' and i called it Neptunian Wilderness

Maybe i have an over idealised view of neptune haha!

Last edited by SCP11; 12-02-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Unread 11-26-2018, 10:28 PM

3rd house Neptune can cause you to communicate in a way that endears a lot of people to you, so this will aid in bringing sympathetic friends who can be there for you.

I understand if any planet is badly aspected, it can brings a whole kid of obstacles to deal with and Neptune being clouded in so much foggy confusion certainly doesnít help in learning how to deal with the energies it brings.

There also isnít a lot known about Neptune when compared to the other outers like Saturn, Pluto, Uranus and even Ceres. But what we do know is Neptune is the higher octave if Venus so the best solution for Neptune problems is to remember it operates at a high love frequency.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
SunnyTerra (11-01-2019)
Unread 11-26-2018, 11:05 PM

I have Neptune inconjunct Saturn. I just recently learned that aspect might explain why I can never decide between mysticism or science, idealism or realism. I still love Neptune, even low energy Neptune, because that's the stuff all the best tragedies are made of.
Unread 11-26-2018, 11:16 PM

My tightest aspect is Uranus conjunct Neptune and both are quite tightly opposite Mercury. It might be why my mind is such an odd place. Mysticism, idealism, revolution, reinvention, and experimentation rule. Awakening, transcending, spirituality, consciousness. But as someone mentioned, Saturn. Lessons in limitations and discipline. While it doesn't aspect my Neptune or Mercury, I think I have to begrudgingly learn
Unread 11-27-2018, 02:21 AM

Neptune is an all-or-nothing planet, even more so than Pluto. You either get solid gold or smelly **** from it. Bob Dylan has Neptune as the most elevated planet and he revolutionized music. Jim Jones also has high Neptune, and look at what he did.

A good metaphor I can think of for Neptune is Mr. Bean. At the beginning of each Bean episode we see Bean fall down from the sky. Some people have speculated that he's an angel who got kicked out from heaven. But just like Neptune, no one can be certain. And just like Neptune, he gives us the impression that he doesn't belong to this world, as he doesn't behave like a normal person. But then we see him come up with strange but effective solutions to his problems, solutions that a normal human mind can't think of. This is how Neptune functions in my opinion. It operates on its own, and it can be hit-and-miss.

My Neptune is a busy one. It forms several aspects to critical points: conjunction to MC and Uranus, trine to Sun, square to Moon and Asc, quintile to Mercury and Mars, sextile to Saturn and Pluto. As a child Neptune messed with me a lot. I kept being told to "come back to reality". No one took me seriously for my heavenly innocence, just like Mr. Bean. Even now I still have uncertainty about my career path. Neptune is a tricky planet and it takes time to truly make it works for you. And when it does, I think it will be awesome.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemini888 For This Useful Post:
qma (01-06-2019), SunnyTerra (11-01-2019)
Unread 11-27-2018, 05:38 AM

Question Re: Neptune's a b*tch

Anyone born from 1988-99, esp. the middle months of 1993 will have Uranus conjunct Neptune, which can be a malefic or benefic for anyone born at this every 170-year conjunction. In my natal chart, Neptune is in 22' Sagittarius - the sabian symbol of immigrants - and my Sagittarius sun father is one (he's from France and lived in Cal, USA for 50 years).
Unread 11-27-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP11 View Post
This is hilarious!

I also have neptune 3rd house 29 degrees capricorn

Interestingly, i made some 3d modelled art this week for a fun competition titled 'Fantasy' and i called it Neptunian Wilderness

Maybe i have an over idealised view of neptune haha!
Beautiful painting! I have a fondness for visual arts too, maybe it's a Neptune in the 3rd house thing.
Unread 01-07-2019, 10:12 PM

My Neptune has only ever treated me good! It's certainly prominent in my chart but not at all b*tchy... I have Neptune in Capricorn in the 3rd, conjunct IC, square Asc, opposite Mars and Mercury, trine Moon, sextile Pluto, sesquiquadrate Venus, square NN.

I see a lot of good that comes from my Neptune. Creativity, inspiration, art, music, a very intuitive thinking, vivid dreams (never nightmares)... And I'm rarely bothered by any negative Neptune themes. I'm very good at deluding myself, but mostly in a beneficial way. Sometime in my teens I managed to delude myself into thinking that I was beautiful in every way. That feeling still persists whenever I look in the mirror, though I know that what I'm seeing is just a pretty illusion created by my odd brain. I also tend to see the rest of the world through rose-tinted glasses, and that just makes my life easier really. I also have escapist tendencies, but my main escape is reading and I have a hard time seeing that as a negative since I am a librarian by profession...
Unread 01-08-2019, 03:05 PM

That's interesting. I wonder if Capricorn (slow) keeps the Neptune energy more practical (along with the other positive aspects). Since it's in the H3 of communications, do you find that you have trouble getting to or making a point when you're speaking? Do people understand you clearly? My Mercury is in Pisces so I've had that issue.
Unread 01-08-2019, 03:21 PM

Smile Re: Neptune's a b*tch

Quote:
That's interesting. I wonder if Capricorn (slow) keeps the Neptune energy more practical (along with the other positive aspects). Since it's in the H3 of communications, do you find that you have trouble getting to or making a point when you're speaking? Do people understand you clearly? My Mercury is in Pisces so I've had that issue.
Communication is one of my main gifts in life actually! I think I've turned Neptune into a helper even when it comes to communication. My intuition usually helps me get my meaning across to other people, because I can get a sense for who they are and speak to them in such a way that is natural for them. I also feel I'm gifted at explaining difficult things in simple ways.

Interestingly enough I wrote my master's thesis (Library and Information Science) about communication/information flow barriers and how to solve them.
Unread 01-08-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domna View Post
Communication is one of my main gifts in life actually! I think I've turned Neptune into a helper even when it comes to communication. My intuition usually helps me get my meaning across to other people, because I can get a sense for who they are and speak to them in such a way that is natural for them. I also feel I'm gifted at explaining difficult things in simple ways.

Interestingly enough I wrote my master's thesis (Library and Information Science) about communication/information flow barriers and how to solve them.

Wow I can relate to this. Although I have experience the dark side of Neptune not gonna lie, Neptune squares my Mercury and I am very good at reading people and meeting them where they are, communication-wise as well.
Unread 01-09-2019, 01:51 AM

Another testament to the positive/negative effects of planets.
Unread 01-09-2019, 02:19 AM

It probably helps that I grew up with a mother who embodies all the positive traits of Neptune (and a few of the negative ones as well, but the positives have always dominated, especially so when I was a child).
Unread 02-08-2019, 12:03 AM

I have 4 neptune squares and two oppositions. Sun/Moon/Uranus all conjunct - in Cancer. Neptune in Libra. My father told friends he was afraid if he died, my mother would have problems with one of the children. When asked who, he said "B" (that's me). I'll admit to being VERY strong-willed even at 5, when I sucked my thumb, and my grandfather told me to "take that thumb out of your mouth, boy, or I'm gonna cut it off." I looked at him and inside, I thought, "NO!!!" and I jammed my thumb further into my mouth and looked at him like, "just try it." He laughed and moved away. I was VERY Sun conjunct Uranus, the motto of which should be "Don't let me catch you trying to control me, or you will rue the day you were born." Sun Conjunct Uranus HATE, HATES, HATES being controlled. HATES.

So, nobody can make me do what I don't want. Fortunately, I also have a Jupiter/Pluto trine in my natal. My higher self always says - before any emotional reaction - "Did what they say have merit? Then they were honest and fair." And a Jupiter Trine Pluto's GOD is FAIRNESS. Hate injustice, so I could never come back with a smart remark even if it was an enemy, if what they were saying was true. (Factor in being Black in the 50s and you'd imagine that could cause some inner turmoil. But it didn't.)

SO. The twist. All the Neptune natal aspects.
Although I am Black - and gay - my (Black, gay) friends used to accuse me of thinking "everybody's nice." I didn't believe that EVERYONE was nice. After all, I'm nearly 70 and was born during the most violent era of segregation in the US history (the Civil Rights/Freedom Fighters era). It's just that I DID think everyone was BASICALLY nice (Neptune illusions) - until Uranus and Neptune conjoined in the late 80s and early 90s, and Neptune, in particular they brought me to my knees. (I can deal with Uranus: change doesn't throw me. It's so natural, I'm impatient with other people to be more authentic than they are (and believe themselves to be). Neptune has me so delusional, I thought I'd destroyed my and my lover's company (Neptune opposing Mercury), which was absurd, as we had an account and bookkeeper who went over ALL the resale cards (the State Board of Equalization was auditing us. Probably nothing unusual, now that I think of it. They'd just never audited us before). And I got the idea that somehow I'd totally ******* things up and my lover was going to lose the company. So...

I went home and contemplated suicide. And then STARTED to take pills and alcohol. FORTUNATELY, I was also having Pluto sextile Saturn (also, I was in the middle of a Pluto/Venus square in Leo!). That Pluto sextile Saturn thing wouldn't let me 'off' myself. I took the pills, but not many, and drank whiskey, but not much...after 3 hours, I'd only taken 5 pills and three swigs of whiskey. I was passing out when I called 911. A little voice in my head said, "you know they can trace you" and I thought back to myself "this is the only way I can do it. If I live, it's because God wants me to. And if I die, the same." I lived. Had ALREADY had an appointment with a therapist, because I felt myself unraveling weeks prior to this (and my best friend was nearly dead of AIDS and lived with me and I couldn't get his family to understand how close to death he was). All perfect circumstance for Neptunian delusion. But IT WAS SO REAL. You could NOT have convinced me that the business wasn't going to close and that all our paperwork was in PERFECT order. I just woke up one day and convinced myself that I'd destroyed my lover and our livelihood. So, after the cops showing up, me being rushed to the hospital, stomach pumped (really, 5 pills is not much, but at the time, I was so delusional....It took me a year to realize that I was also sexually assaulted by a friend shortly after the suicide "cry-for-help" thing. I was BROKEN. Of course the audit went fine, but my lover was distraught (he'd gone away on business) to hear that I'd tried to harm myself.
Kept my appointment with the therapist, who extracted a no-suicide agreement (that was the easiest "sure!" that ever came out of my mouth).
First she thought I was obsessive (Pluto/Venus square) until, around the 3rd month of therapy, she finally realized the guy I was dating (had ended relationship with lover and had been dating this guy) had Narcissistic Personality Disorder. (Highly Neptunian disorder, if you know psychology at all. They become whatever the person they are standing in front of wants them to be.) (like our president). Talk about NEPTUNIAN!!!!!
It took the therapist 8 months - after she realized that Brian was a narcissist - to convince me that I wasn't some broken-down soul and who would want to be friends with me, anyway. (Never mind that, prior to the Uranus/Neptune period, my friends would have said I was the Rock of Gibraltar: solid and unlovable.
SO. my natal Neptune aspects were all attacked, I was delusional for years. But the end result was that I came out clearer. But darker. The veil of illusion ripped away, and i saw mankind differently. Not that everyone was bad, but that some people were CERTAINLY bad, and I'd barely date a guy until I did his astrological chart. It took a long time for the betrayals that followed from 1993-1996 to subside. I was even BITTER for a while. ME! Mr. Sun square Jupiter (makes you overdo things, but you're a "sunny optimist.'') I tell you, Neptune is fine if you're awake and see things clearly (I had NO illusions around race/ethnicity, just...people in general. I remember always saying to my friends back in 1983 (we were all around 32 and this was WAAAAY before the Neptune transits), "You just have to give people time and they'll open up." (VERY Neptunian). And they just said, "Oh Miss Thing (their favorite phrase because I had muscles, so this was their way of (playfully) putting me down), you need to wake up."
Eventually, I did. 10 years later. That was when Neptune was squaring itself, my moon and Mercury. And was NOT happy with what I then perceived. But it's odd that, until all those Neptune transits (1987-1998), I thought most everyone was nice. But afterwards, when the enchantment was broken...well, you wouldn't have wanted to cross me (not physically; I'm not violent at all. but verbally and the look in my eyes! Would've scared a Hell Hound.) I was so mad at what Neptune revealed, it took years to readjust. And even now, my boundaries are WAY tighter than prior to those transits.
So, that was my journey.

Last edited by brion; 02-08-2019 at 12:31 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brion For This Useful Post:
Gemini888 (02-08-2019), PlutoLibScoAsc (09-18-2019)

Tags
btch, neptune