Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 09-17-2019, 05:35 AM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Has anyone read "How to Solve It" by George Polya? My father insisted I read it when I was about 14. Gave me some good grounding in practical thinking.

Unread 09-17-2019, 05:35 AM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
If you think of your Chart as vehicle for living your life, what sort of vehicle would it be? Mine is like a sailboat with an auxiliary engine for emergency situations.
Mine would be a submarine,going deep,deep in the ocean.
The Following User Says Thank You to Forgotten Warrior For This Useful Post:
david starling (09-17-2019)
Unread 09-17-2019, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
I love this site. This particular essay isnít my favorite essay but I can understand why you like it, conspiracy theorist, as you have experienced a much wider internet world than me. The writer reminds of Taleb - not Kweli the rapper but Lebanese Greek Orthodox economist Nicholas Nassim. I hope itís not. People call Taleb insufferably superior, pugilistic, demeaning. I donít think so. Sounds to me like a diamond mind filled with a pure love. Are the two traits unrecognizable together in a worldly person?
Can you recommend any essays you really admired on this site?
Unread 09-17-2019, 05:52 AM

Once you get used to the savage deconstructive tenor of philosophy of science applied rigorously to popular media and threateningly present-tense institutional corruption, most are pretty fun.

Try the foundational idea, https://theethicalskeptic.com/2012/0...al-skepticism/

And this exemplar that so refreshingly disposes of most of what is passed off as journalism: https://theethicalskeptic.com/2018/1...gency-at-play/

He takes risk seriously which has to be coated in profanity or something like it to skirt the psychopaths at the gate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (09-17-2019), david starling (09-17-2019)
Unread 09-17-2019, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
I love this site. This particular essay isn’t my favorite essay but I can understand why you like it, conspiracy theorist, as you have experienced a much wider internet world than me. The writer reminds of Taleb - not Kweli the rapper but Lebanese Greek Orthodox economist Nicholas Nassim. I hope it’s not. People call Taleb insufferably superior, pugilistic, demeaning. I don’t think so. Sounds to me like a diamond mind filled with a pure love. Are the two traits unrecognizable together in a worldly person?
I looked up Nassim Nicholas Taleb. Interesting and powerful sounding man, I like what I see summarized regarding his life's work. I'm going to go search around for his writings to get a more in-depth understanding of the kinds of ideas he's put forward.

One thing that I can give the Theosophists credit for is that they understand that a person can be working class in the most "mundane" professional field and still be guided by the "white brotherhood". There isn't any unnecessary divorcing of the two spheres at all. There's also schools of thought that raise being "nice" and inoffensive to the highest virtue, and anybody showing an edge simply isn't evolved or spiritually advanced enough. I wonder how such people would fair underneath the auspices of some of the legendary Zen masters and other "crazy wisdom" teachers.
Unread 09-17-2019, 06:06 AM

Here's a conspiracy theory: A secret league of Virgoan astronomers got together and managed to demote Pluto to dwarf-planet status for not cleaning its orbit!
Unread 09-17-2019, 06:16 AM

Heís famous for Black Swan but I like the concepts of Antifragile. He certainly could have used a tougher editor, as David suggested, but itís the ideas that matter, and they do work in you in a crazy wisdom kind of way when heís polished them. That is, the lashes seem justifiable. His work is probably all on libgen.
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (09-17-2019)
Unread 09-17-2019, 06:25 AM

Another lasher I enjoyed reading was Schopenhauer. I remember having a belly laugh after what I saw him write about I think it was Hegel. You're a talented writer if your hatred still zings after 200 years. His Mars conj. asc really shines through.
Unread 09-17-2019, 07:43 AM

Just found out I had an angular Uranus with .08 degrees of the vertex. Unconsciously Uranus should have been my name I guess. Also for all those who guessed an Aquarian nature, my bad you were very correct.
The Following User Says Thank You to Whoam1 For This Useful Post:
Forgotten Warrior (09-17-2019)
Unread 09-17-2019, 07:45 AM

Are there any temple of Jesuit monk in Jamaica?
Unread 09-17-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Another lasher I enjoyed reading was Schopenhauer. I remember having a belly laugh after what I saw him write about I think it was Hegel. You're a talented writer if your hatred still zings after 200 years. His Mars conj. asc really shines through.
Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) had a wicked sense of humor. He spoke truth to power, even though it hurt his career. Sun, Mars, and Venus in Sagittarius; Moon conj Pluto in Aries; Asc and Mercury in Scorpio; Leo M.C.; and, Urania() Domicled in Aquarius.
Wonder what he'd have to say about today's world.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (09-17-2019)
Unread 09-17-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunConjunctUranus View Post
Are there any temple of Jesuit monk in Jamaica?
Are you considering becoming a Jesuit monk?
Unread 09-17-2019, 07:52 AM

Jesuit priests have been integral members of the school teaching body of the high school where the brightest children of the country tend to matriculate. You'd be interested to know that Jamaica is a country of many churches. There is a prominent Catholic group called Missionaries of The Poor, that is based in Kingston. They have monks from around the world, including from your country.
SunConjunctUranus (09-17-2019)
Unread 09-17-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoam1 View Post
Just found out I had an angular Uranus with .08 degrees of the vertex. Unconsciously Uranus should have been my name I guess. Also for all those who guessed an Aquarian nature, my bad you were very correct.
How did you found out?By doing your chart?
Unread 09-17-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Are you considering becoming a Jesuit monk?
I'm being expelled from local Jesuit seminary back in 2013!
Unread 09-17-2019, 08:17 AM

My chart just became so much more clear. Using the azimuth I found out how close Uranus was to my vertex (giving it the nature if ASC Uranus, but its unconscious to the chart native so they miss it). There also is a Sun-Uranus square that I missed that this helped shed light on.

This in combination with my Mars energy (made stronger my Moon-Saturn and Pluto) is why I related to Scorpio so much.
Unread 09-17-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Jesuit priests have been integral members of the school teaching body of the high school where the brightest children of the country tend to matriculate. You'd be interested to know that Jamaica is a country of many churches. There is a prominent Catholic group called Missionaries of The Poor, that is based in Kingston. They have monks from around the world, including from your country.
So presumably, you are very well aware that Colonials were square with Missionary, no? Tell me more about the involvement of Misionary in attempt to emancipate people of Jamaica from Colonials. So, next time passiflora could educate herself the difference between Secular Colonials and Jesuit misionary. Unfortunately, internet isn't the best source for history of Jamaica. Seen?
Unread 09-17-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Rudiii whatís the poverty situation like where you live? I know the country is poor but do the vulnerable suffer? I just watched a video about poverty in my country and it was upsetting. Even though we are a Ďrichí country, there have been political decisions that have caused the vulnerable to suffer a lot.
Open Al-Quran: Surah Al Baqarah verse 191. You can see yourself, what is going on here.

https://quran.com/2/191
Unread 09-17-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunConjunctUranus View Post
So presumably, you are very well aware that Colonials were square with Missionary, no? Tell me more about the involvement of Misionary in attempt to emancipate people of Jamaica from Colonials. So, next time passiflora could educate herself the difference between Secular Colonials and Jesuit misionary. Unfortunately, internet isn't the best source for history of Jamaica. Seen?
If you became a Jesuit monk, maybe you could be assigned to a temple in Jamaica!
Or, teach school there.
SunConjunctUranus (09-17-2019)
Unread 09-17-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoam1 View Post
My chart just became so much more clear. Using the azimuth I found out how close Uranus was to my vertex (giving it the nature if ASC Uranus, but its unconscious to the chart native so they miss it). There also is a Sun-Uranus square that I missed that this helped shed light on.

This in combination with my Mars energy (made stronger my Moon-Saturn and Pluto) is why I related to Scorpio so much.
Azimuth?What is that?
Unread 09-17-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) had a wicked sense of humor. He spoke truth to power, even though it hurt his career. Sun, Mars, and Venus in Sagittarius; Moon conj Pluto in Aries; Asc and Mercury in Scorpio; Leo M.C.; and, Urania() Domicled in Aquarius.
Wonder what he'd have to say about today's world.
Very nice chart, David.
Also seems he was aware of being born with Halleyís Comet and correctly predicted his death with its return.
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
david starling (09-17-2019)
Unread 09-17-2019, 02:50 PM

The weather David?

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Unread 09-17-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
The weather David?
approaching exact conjunction with in tropical Taurus. Mars in Virgo opp Neptune in Pisces, square Jupiter in Sagittarius (T-square).
Mars trine Pluto in Cap.
NN opp Saturn in Cap.
Merc and Venus conjunct in early Libra.
Gemini888 (09-18-2019)
Unread 09-17-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Warrior View Post
Well,it's pretty complicated....Some poor people don't even receive financial help(or very little),and others who are faking it(they're inventing various excuses to not work),and these guys mainly receive more than poor people.Of course,the poor ones with many children generally gain more money from the government(that's one of the criteria)
But poverty is caused by the corruption,the political situation in my country.That's why many are leaving,especially young people.We sadly have one of the biggest diasporas in the world,even though we are only 19 million(we used to be 21/22)
I personally don't want to leave,my country has good parts too,but everyone my age is bragging about it,so...
May I ask what country you are from? It sounds similar to my country that there are lots of people who pretend to be vulnerable to get a free house when in reality they just want to move out of their parents house and the parents are supporting them to do that, so itís become like a way of life and itís being misused!

BUT the current political party has decided to play hardball back and tighten the leash, making conditions harder for the genuinely vulnerable, so the reality is people are killing themselves or getting themselves into all sorts of vulnerable positions because they donít have security or money. Itís heart-breaking
Unread 09-17-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Warrior View Post
Azimuth?What is that?
90 degrees east and 270 degrees west. If a planet is at one of these degrees (which has to be measured by technology that I dont have access to) it is really close to the vertex/antivertex axis. It is like having a planet on the Ascendent (it's that expressive) but the individual doesnt consciously know they are expressing these traits.