Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 08-26-2019, 12:16 AM
or1000 or1000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 410
Pluto in the third house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Sure enough, you have highly relevant Pluto aspects. Pluto conjunct Juno, the partnership asteroid--that's rather similar to Pluto conjunct Venus. And trine Jupiter, your DC ruler, while Pluto itself is in your seventh house whole sign (though sixth Placidus). And trine your sun, too.

If you've experienced partner abuse, that says something about your relationship to Pluto - power. Chances are you draw people into your life who reflect your shadow side. Relationships are shadow work for you. If you're not conscious about it, that's a set up for being in an abusive relationship.

And maybe there's an extra strong emotional attachment to your partner(s), or even just to the idea of being in a relationship, with your moon on the DC. If that's the case, you might be inclined to rush into a relationship and/or hold onto it at all costs, so as not to have to be single. If the relationship is with someone who's abusive, that would result in you ignoring the red flags at the early stage and then not wanting to leave after the abuse surfaces.
You know what, Iíve been really curious about this. Sorry if it looks like a thread highjack. You mean to say from your point of view that Pluto 3rd would be verbally ABUSED? I read somewhere that wherever Pluto is you need to control yourself or Ďyou will be controlledí.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 08-26-2019, 12:30 AM
PurpleReign's Avatar
PurpleReign PurpleReign is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: In Pluto's paradise...
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by or1000 View Post
You know what, Iíve been really curious about this. Sorry if it looks like a thread highjack. You mean to say from your point of view that Pluto 3rd would be verbally ABUSED? I read somewhere that wherever Pluto is you need to control yourself or Ďyou will be controlledí.
Pluto in the third might just make a person keen on learning about 8th house matters or they think a lot about 8th house things (or perhaps look at things in life through the lenses of the 8th house). It might make them have an obsessive or penetrating mind. Maybe theyíre good or naturals at getting into the psychological aspect of things. They may like to read or write about 8th house matters or they may have a controversial way of speaking to others or are particularly gifted at verbal spats (I mean in the way Eminem was in his earlier career). I donít see why it would have much to do with relationships since neither Pluto nor the third house are representative of relationships in and of themselves. Maybe if Pluto in the third was conjunct or in harsh aspect with Venus or ruler of the 7th (or maybe even a planet in the 7th house).
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 08-26-2019, 01:06 AM
or1000 or1000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleReign View Post
Pluto in the third might just make a person keen on learning about 8th house matters or they think a lot about 8th house things (or perhaps look at things in life through the lenses of the 8th house). It might make them have an obsessive or penetrating mind. Maybe theyíre good or naturals at getting into the psychological aspect of things. They may like to read or write about 8th house matters or they may have a controversial way of speaking to others or are particularly gifted at verbal spats (I mean in the way Eminem was in his earlier career). I donít see why it would have much to do with relationships since neither Pluto nor the third house are representative of relationships in and of themselves. Maybe if Pluto in the third was conjunct or in harsh aspect with Venus or ruler of the 7th (or maybe even a planet in the 7th house).
Thanks love. I appreciate the description. Getting into psychological material which you mentioned is accurate. Funny you mention Em, heís an icon of mine. Yes I do happen to have Venus (9th) opposite Pluto (3rd). Pluto trine Jupiter on the descendant. My issue is that I can be TOO verbal in my Venus-Pluto and it can be very difficult to hold my tongue when Iím perceiving being wronged in a close relationship (very untrusting). But then I can switch back to being directly and verbally forgiving because Iím my heart Iíd rather have no beef..... but to the opp party I look like Iím pulling pushing/manipulating and abusing them myself.

Last edited by or1000; 08-26-2019 at 01:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 08-26-2019, 01:40 AM
PurpleReign's Avatar
PurpleReign PurpleReign is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: In Pluto's paradise...
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by or1000 View Post
Thanks love. I appreciate the description. Getting into psychological material which you mentioned is accurate. Funny you mention Em, heís an icon of mine. Yes I do happen to have Venus (9th) opposite Pluto (3rd). Pluto trine Jupiter on the descendant. My issue is that I can be TOO verbal in my Venus-Pluto and it can be very difficult to hold my tongue when Iím perceiving being wronged in a close relationship (very untrusting). But then I can switch back to being directly and verbally forgiving because Iím my heart Iíd rather have no beef..... but to the opp party I look like Iím pulling pushing/manipulating and abusing them myself.
I actually looked up his chart just now. His time of birth is unknown, but his Mercury (planet governing the third house) is, in fact, in Scorpio (ruled by Pluto). No wonder he has such a sharp tongue and knack for winning verbal arguments (and perhaps being creative with his harsh insults). Try not to be too domineering for your own good. Find a way to make that aspect work in your favor rather than letting it get the best of you, because thatíll only create unwanted drama for you and those around you. Maybe since you have Pluto in the third you can use it creatively? Start writing or painting when you feel like youíre getting too steamed? Itís all about channeling that energy into something more positive!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 08-26-2019, 02:09 AM
or1000 or1000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleReign View Post
I actually looked up his chart just now. His time of birth is unknown, but his Mercury (planet governing the third house) is, in fact, in Scorpio (ruled by Pluto). No wonder he has such a sharp tongue and knack for winning verbal arguments (and perhaps being creative with his harsh insults). Try not to be too domineering for your own good. Find a way to make that aspect work in your favor rather than letting it get the best of you, because thatíll only create unwanted drama for you and those around you. Maybe since you have Pluto in the third you can use it creatively? Start writing or painting when you feel like youíre getting too steamed? Itís all about channeling that energy into something more positive!
100% agree. I was just thinking that. Turning what could be a negative into a positive through self expression in art and music. Generally Iím very creative but this Pluto energy has been hard to decipher and put into something materially. I think because I feel very guilty. Neptune and Pluto are such opposing planets but both quite prominent in my chart. So I can be Plutonian but feel extremely guilty. Iím also very spiritual so thatís another conflict with the taboos of Pluto that exist in my head. Itís not easy to handle.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 08-26-2019, 02:31 AM
PurpleReign's Avatar
PurpleReign PurpleReign is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: In Pluto's paradise...
Posts: 173
Re: Does Neptune be in the 8th house to show that the partner will easily abuse them?

Iím not exactly sure if I understand what specifically you feel guilty about. Your spiritual beliefs? Even if theyíre eccentric, thereís nothing to feel guilty about. As long as you arenít hurting anyone (physically or financially/any way that can affect their life or livelihood), thereís no reason to feel guilty. Besides, if anything, Neptune is great for expressing yourself through art and music. Neptune and Pisces represent, among other things, artistic talents and creativity. With Pluto in the third, you can channel those Neptunian gifts into something great, Iím sure. Iím not promising youíll have fame and fortune (no idea, youíd have to look at the chart for those kind of prospects), but I donít see why Neptune couldnít help you turn that Pluto in the third into an artistic talent or hobby.

In fact, I just took a look at Eminemís chart again and he has Neptune sextile Pluto. You may or may not achieve the fame, but Iíd be willing to bet youíd at the very least be equally fulfilled by focusing your Pluto in the third energy into artistic/Neptunian endeavors. And maybe even finding spiritual comfort in 8th house matters. Give it a go. No need to feel guilty about anything if you arenít doing anything legally, morally, or ethically wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 08-26-2019, 02:52 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,660
Re: Pluto in the third house

Quote:
Originally Posted by or1000 View Post
You know what, Iíve been really curious about this. Sorry if it looks like a thread highjack.
I moved these posts because it is indeed a thread hijack. In the original thread, no one said anything about Pluto in the third house. Not only that, it was someone else's Read My Chart thread. If what you have to say isn't about the OP's chart and/or their question, it doesn't belong in a Read My Chart thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by or1000 View Post
You mean to say from your point of view that Pluto 3rd would be verbally ABUSED? I read somewhere that wherever Pluto is you need to control yourself or Ďyou will be controlledí.
I don't think it's that simple. Pluto in an angular house would speak to strong power issues because angular is such a strong placement. The third house being a cadent house, Pluto wouldn't be that strong if placed there--unless it makes strong aspects to the sun, moon, personal planets, and/or many planets in the chart.

The angular houses would give some picture of where in the native's life power issues are likely to arise. Seventh house/DC is, in a general sense, others, and in a more specific sense, marriage or partner relationships. It stands to reason that if Pluto is there, the Pluto issues will show up in relationships to others, most likely couple relationships. If Pluto were at the IC, the power plays would more likely turn up in the family; at the MC, in the career and public reputation arena; at the AC, it would be about self and power.

I've seen a case--in this forum, in fact--where someone with a third house Pluto was highly obsessed with power, and had a strong tendency to perceive others as out to get them. Third house is perception, and their perception of things was highly Plutonian. But what really skewed it was that their Pluto aspected almost everything in their chart. It was also the focal planet of a t-square that included their sun. If this had been a third house Pluto without so many aspects, it probably wouldn't have been such a focal planet for the native.

The more strengthening factors Pluto has, the more issues around the native's relationship to power are likely to be up. Strengthening factors include being angular, aspecting the sun and/or moon, aspecting many of the chart's planets, being a singleton.... A third house Pluto doesn't have the angular factor (unless it's very close to the IC, at which point it's more fourth house), but it could have any of the other strengthening factors, and the more of them it has, the more it shows up.
__________________
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
house, pluto

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.