Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 08-05-2018, 02:46 PM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Hi everyone!

Iīve got a pretty good Mercury, but writing comes very difficult to me and the results arenīt great. My questions are : is there any indication in my chart that I could salvage it, and if, then how? Or if something is blocking it, then what is it? And if I have only limited potential, then what should I best focus on (genre, theme, etc)?




Mercury 20°01' Я Aquarius, in House VII

Mercury Aspects
Mercury opposite Ascendant orb -5°40'
Mercury opposite Ceres orb -5°16'
Mercury sextile Juno orb +0°24'
Mercury sextile Venus orb -3°09'
Mercury opposite Mars orb -7°58'
Mercury trine Vesta orb +5°44'
Mercury bi-quintile Chiron orb -0°04'
Sun conjunction Mercury orb +10°42

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 08-05-2018, 02:47 PM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 08-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Samantha Bean's Avatar
Samantha Bean Samantha Bean is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 659
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Actually your Mercury has the third lowest power in your chart; the 3rd house of communication is very low in power, as is Gemini.


I'm not surprised as all.

Last edited by Samantha Bean; 08-05-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Samantha Bean For This Useful Post:
MiaMiaMia (08-05-2018)
  #4  
Unread 08-05-2018, 04:37 PM
The Way The Way is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 45
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

You have your Mercury placed Rx (retrograde) which indicates delays, problems, inhibitions, regarding Mercury themes. Communication, writing, typing, all experience delays. Mercury retrograde, as all other retrograde planets, doesn't function in its normal way as it is apparently (an illusion) moving backward in the sky.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 08-05-2018, 10:57 PM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Way View Post
You have your Mercury placed Rx (retrograde) which indicates delays, problems, inhibitions, regarding Mercury themes. Communication, writing, typing, all experience delays. Mercury retrograde, as all other retrograde planets, doesn't function in its normal way as it is apparently (an illusion) moving backward in the sky.
Interesting, I also have issues with my siblings (I thought it was the mercury-mars opposition), so I see things not going right! Thanks for your reply.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 08-05-2018, 10:59 PM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Bean View Post
Actually your Mercury has the third lowest power in your chart; the 3rd house of communication is very low in power, as is Gemini.


I'm not surprised as all.
Very interesting, can you show me how to calculate the power of my houses/planets? I would like to know which one are strong.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 08-06-2018, 03:07 AM
StillOne's Avatar
StillOne StillOne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coastal Mountains
Posts: 2,589
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Bean View Post
Actually your Mercury has the third lowest power in your chart; the 3rd house of communication is very low in power, as is Gemini.


I'm not surprised as all.
Cool observation. Astrodynes?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StillOne For This Useful Post:
MiaMiaMia (08-06-2018)
  #8  
Unread 08-06-2018, 04:16 AM
Starsareround's Avatar
Starsareround Starsareround is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 925
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Hey maybe this will help: Mercury also represents other things like selling, for instance. I have a very very very strong merc but writing ain’t my thing. It turns out I’m a brilliant technical salesperson which I would have never dreamed in a bazillion years. There are all these interesting things that mercury is associated with so especially if you have the retrograde you might want to check out the lesser discussed strengths of mercury individuals...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 08-06-2018, 12:07 PM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsareround View Post
Hey maybe this will help: Mercury also represents other things like selling, for instance. I have a very very very strong merc but writing ain’t my thing. It turns out I’m a brilliant technical salesperson which I would have never dreamed in a bazillion years. There are all these interesting things that mercury is associated with so especially if you have the retrograde you might want to check out the lesser discussed strengths of mercury individuals...
Yes, Iīve read that it can also represent short distance travel, technical skills, learning, etc. Iīll look into that.

How do you know how strong your mercury is in the first place? I think I might have misjudged mine.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 08-06-2018, 12:50 PM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

PHP Code:
https://astrowin.org/natal_cosmodynes/dynes_table.php?sh22=1 
(clicking on the link will open the page to the grid)

According to Astrowin my Mercury, Gemini, Virgo, houses 3 and 9 are indeed pretty weak
Iīm curious about my weak 3rd house : I was a decent student in middle school.
And my 9th house : does that mean difficulties at college?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 08-06-2018, 01:20 PM
Starsareround's Avatar
Starsareround Starsareround is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 925
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMiaMia View Post
Yes, Iīve read that it can also represent short distance travel, technical skills, learning, etc. Iīll look into that.

How do you know how strong your mercury is in the first place? I think I might have misjudged mine.
Yes I wouldn’t say that yours is so extremely strong. For comparisons sake: my mercury is in Virgo, in the first house, conjunct the ascendant. My sun is also in Virgo, in the first house. Ascendant also Virgo. My Mercury Sextile jupiter and Uranus and is squared by Neptune. So pretty much mercury runs the show in my chart. But instead of writing, I zip around in my lab solving problems with optics and purchasing product and selling and fixing eyeglass frames. I think it works with all my first house placements because there is a need there to use the body and DO stuff rather than write. So I think it helps to go beyond the obvious ( I would have been very unhappy as a writer) when discovering how to express a planets energies. Not sayin it’s easy, I found my career almost by accident.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Starsareround For This Useful Post:
MiaMiaMia (08-06-2018)
  #12  
Unread 08-06-2018, 01:25 PM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsareround View Post
Yes I wouldn’t say that yours is so extremely strong. For comparisons sake: my mercury is in Virgo, in the first house, conjunct the ascendant. My sun is also in Virgo, in the first house. Ascendant also Virgo. My Mercury Sextile jupiter and Uranus and is squared by Neptune. So pretty much mercury runs the show in my chart. But instead of writing, I zip around in my lab solving problems with optics and purchasing product and selling and fixing eyeglass frames. I think it works with all my first house placements because there is a need there to use the body and DO stuff rather than write. So I think it helps to go beyond the obvious ( I would have been very unhappy as a writer) when discovering how to express a planets energies. Not sayin it’s easy, I found my career almost by accident.
Interesting placements! How did you know it was the right fit for you? Was it based on feeling? Ability?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 08-06-2018, 01:47 PM
Starsareround's Avatar
Starsareround Starsareround is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 925
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Thank you! I actually kind of stumbled upon it. I was looking for a new career and I was lead to this licensure program that sounded interesting. I had no idea if I’d be any good at it but it’s is an out of the ballpark good match actually. I think sometimes life has a way of leading you where you are supposed to be. I see you have another thread about dominant planets. I’ll comment on that later...I do think you’ll find your calling/passion in a non-mercury themed field.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Starsareround For This Useful Post:
MiaMiaMia (08-06-2018)
  #14  
Unread 08-06-2018, 01:53 PM
Starsareround's Avatar
Starsareround Starsareround is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 925
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Just taking a quick glance I’m thinking you might want to look at your mars...I am not a fan of the style of chart you posted because I find them a bit unclear but your mars looks very strong and is also a release point in your chart which helps you express all your other planets...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Starsareround For This Useful Post:
MiaMiaMia (08-06-2018)
  #15  
Unread 08-06-2018, 02:38 PM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsareround View Post
Just taking a quick glance I’m thinking you might want to look at your mars...I am not a fan of the style of chart you posted because I find them a bit unclear but your mars looks very strong and is also a release point in your chart which helps you express all your other planets...
Iīm glad to hear this, itīs actually very uplifting, since the whole career/major process is so frustrating sometimes. Do you find that your weaker planets/houses/signs play a minor role in your life, or a detrimental one?

Thanks so much for your time, Iīll be very happy tor read what you have to say on my other thread.

I find it funny how my Mars is strong, but Iīm not athletic, authoritative, interested in the military, etc... Iīll have to look into its other meanings.

Here is a clearer chart :
https://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cg...376.png&res=63
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 08-06-2018, 03:18 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 4,886
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

I would like to see your chart more clearly and the image you just posted has expired.

All the planets in your chart play a role in your life, and they can be strong or weak, fortunate or unfortunate, supportive or unsupportive depending upon how you use them to meet what arises in your life. You will use the weaker and the stronger planets for everything, as they are a reflection of everything that you are.

I would like to talk a bit more about what you mean when you say writing comes very difficult and the results aren't good. I will tell you that I have an excellent Mer in Gemini in the 10th, ruling the Asc and the MC and sextile Merc and Moon. And I will tell you that when I was your age, and long after that, too, writing anything any good did not come easy at all.

The way for writing to come easy is to practice it a lot, like anything else. No matter how bad it is be begin with, and I can believe it may be pretty poor, if you practice it, it will only get better, not worse. And if you practice it enough it will get easy and it will get good. Now I'm not talking about being a professional writer, but I am talking about using it to communicate and tell the stories that you want to tell.

I think a main problem for you, along with the opposition from Mars, which I think is significant, is your Merc and Sun in the 7th house of the Other. This is where you may be "giving it away" so to speak or expecting it somehow to come to you from the outside or the "other." Your ability to write is in you and the way it will be activated and then refined is by your using it when it is rough and unskilled, as it feels to you. When you embrace this uncomfortable and unwanted poor writer in you.
The gift to write resides in you if you will engage and employ it.
I wish you the very best,
Ilene
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012

Last edited by IleneK; 08-06-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
MiaMiaMia (08-06-2018)
  #17  
Unread 08-06-2018, 05:31 PM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
I would like to see your chart more clearly and the image you just posted has expired.

All the planets in your chart play a role in your life, and they can be strong or weak, fortunate or unfortunate, supportive or unsupportive depending upon how you use them to meet what arises in your life. You will use the weaker and the stronger planets for everything, as they are a reflection of everything that you are.

I would like to talk a bit more about what you mean when you say writing comes very difficult and the results aren't good. I will tell you that I have an excellent Mer in Gemini in the 10th, ruling the Asc and the MC and sextile Merc and Moon. And I will tell you that when I was your age, and long after that, too, writing anything any good did not come easy at all.

The way for writing to come easy is to practice it a lot, like anything else. No matter how bad it is be begin with, and I can believe it may be pretty poor, if you practice it, it will only get better, not worse. And if you practice it enough it will get easy and it will get good. Now I'm not talking about being a professional writer, but I am talking about using it to communicate and tell the stories that you want to tell.

I think a main problem for you, along with the opposition from Mars, which I think is significant, is your Merc and Sun in the 7th house of the Other. This is where you may be "giving it away" so to speak or expecting it somehow to come to you from the outside or the "other." Your ability to write is in you and the way it will be activated and then refined is by your using it when it is rough and unskilled, as it feels to you. When you embrace this uncomfortable and unwanted poor writer in you.
The gift to write resides in you if you will engage and employ it.
I wish you the very best,
Ilene
Thank you so much, this was very uplifting to read. I can see what you pointed out about my Mercury. Itīs a difficult thing to deal with because I think I make myself powerless.

Can you elaborate on how your own Mercury changed over time? Do you get to use it in your career for example?

I added attachments that hopefully will work!
Attached Images
File Type: png MiaMiaMia Astro.com chart png.png (125.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png MiaMiaMia Astrowin powers png.png (87.0 KB, 1 views)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 08-06-2018, 09:58 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,249
Smile Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

[IMO] You're conflicted as to WHAT to write, and it IS important to you as to how it will affect your readers, and the world in general. It's related to your sense of purpose--once you know THAT, writing will come easily, but it could take some time for you to reconcile your Aquarian Mercury with your Leo Ascendant.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
MiaMiaMia (08-13-2018)
  #19  
Unread 08-06-2018, 11:51 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 4,886
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMiaMia View Post
Thank you so much, this was very uplifting to read. I can see what you pointed out about my Mercury. Itīs a difficult thing to deal with because I think I make myself powerless.

Can you elaborate on how your own Mercury changed over time? Do you get to use it in your career for example?

I added attachments that hopefully will work!
You are so very welcome.

I don't recall the details of how Merc changed over time, but I did begin to use it in my earlier career with technical writing and later in life I began writing astrological delineations, which is technical but also narrative. But not without a lot of doubt, even when extremely schooled bosses/astrologers said I was quite good.

So, how well you write is going to depend upon your willingness to do it a lot and also will depend upon the mindset you hold about it. It is important to be as kind and generous with yourself as you undertake to begin practice writing, of any kind. Daily journaling, anything really. But be kind to yourself as you would be to a toddler taking her first steps and falling down, a lot.

Kindness toward self is the cornerstone.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
MiaMiaMia (08-13-2018)
  #20  
Unread 08-07-2018, 12:10 AM
Samantha Bean's Avatar
Samantha Bean Samantha Bean is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 659
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMiaMia View Post
PHP Code:
https://astrowin.org/natal_cosmodynes/dynes_table.php?sh22=1 
(clicking on the link will open the page to the grid)

According to Astrowin my Mercury, Gemini, Virgo, houses 3 and 9 are indeed pretty weak
Iīm curious about my weak 3rd house : I was a decent student in middle school.
And my 9th house : does that mean difficulties at college?



Would that astrology were not that simple.


No it does not mean that. You must look at your chart as a whole and that's just a starting place to help focus what you know.


I would say that you probably need to be in a major that allows you to express your high levels of creativity, and so you must enjoy doing what you are doing, and the school that you go to college in must be one that makes you feel good and makes you feel wanted.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Samantha Bean For This Useful Post:
MiaMiaMia (08-13-2018)
  #21  
Unread 08-07-2018, 12:10 AM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,249
Smile Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

There are writing "workshops" (there's one at a local community college in my area), where aspiring writers support each other and even get published in a college journal.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
MiaMiaMia (08-13-2018)
  #22  
Unread 08-13-2018, 09:40 PM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
[IMO] You're conflicted as to WHAT to write, and it IS important to you as to how it will affect your readers, and the world in general. It's related to your sense of purpose--once you know THAT, writing will come easily, but it could take some time for you to reconcile your Aquarian Mercury with your Leo Ascendant.
Yes, you hit the nail on the head! Ok, so my puzzle pieces are Leo Mars and Aqua Mercury... any other clues? :P
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 08-13-2018, 09:43 PM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
You are so very welcome.

I don't recall the details of how Merc changed over time, but I did begin to use it in my earlier career with technical writing and later in life I began writing astrological delineations, which is technical but also narrative. But not without a lot of doubt, even when extremely schooled bosses/astrologers said I was quite good.

So, how well you write is going to depend upon your willingness to do it a lot and also will depend upon the mindset you hold about it. It is important to be as kind and generous with yourself as you undertake to begin practice writing, of any kind. Daily journaling, anything really. But be kind to yourself as you would be to a toddler taking her first steps and falling down, a lot.

Kindness toward self is the cornerstone.
Thatīs awesome, Iīll try to remember your advice. And congratulations on your progress, I can imagine it took a lot of hard work!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MiaMiaMia For This Useful Post:
IleneK (08-13-2018)
  #24  
Unread 08-13-2018, 09:46 PM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Bean View Post
Would that astrology were not that simple.


No it does not mean that. You must look at your chart as a whole and that's just a starting place to help focus what you know.


I would say that you probably need to be in a major that allows you to express your high levels of creativity, and so you must enjoy doing what you are doing, and the school that you go to college in must be one that makes you feel good and makes you feel wanted
.
Ha, ok, Iīm done simplifying.

Yes, this is advice I receive quite a lot but havenīt successfully integrated Iīm afraid. Does the creativity in my chart point to anything in particular?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 08-13-2018, 10:03 PM
graay ghost's Avatar
graay ghost graay ghost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,480
Re: Strong Mercury but why canīt I write?

If you're looking at creative writing, that's more writing-as-art than communication. Venus, moon, and Jupiter may be more relevant than Mercury itself.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to graay ghost For This Useful Post:
MiaMiaMia (08-13-2018)
Reply

Tags
canīt, mercury, strong, write

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Đ 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.