Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 06-01-2011, 07:18 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Rushwing
Re: Aspects to Ascendant: Conjunctions and Parallels

Venus conjunct the ascendant for me at 00 degrees leo
mars and merc in the first house as well.

I have a very round face with a button nose and squinty eyes. I blush really easily and I AM the shortest one in my family. Quite short actually. I'm also the only blonde.

I do enjoy my food, I used to be very skinny (mars also in the 1st house in leo, I was an athlete) but now I've got a comfy layer after choosing to not give up my food enjoyment for metallic and un-edible awards, I still exercise though.

Another venus in the 1st I know (male) has a very round baby face but very fit. He has HUGE eyes, and he is ALSO very short.

Uncanny.

Unread 06-20-2011, 07:00 AM

Well I'm all sorts of conjuncts to my ASC. I've got 2 stelliums in the first. So I guess, I'm a little bit of everything.

I will say one thing about my tight degrees/& conjunctions, I cause intense reactions, and I'm very memorable-good, bad, or ugly. I try to be incognito, but my looks will not allow me to ever rob a bank, or not be remembered 13 years later in a nightclub from someone I barely knew (as was the case last night). It truly bothers me sometimes, so much so that it has led to little bouts of panic.

I grew up in California where the people are diverse but my ethnic and social background emphasize fitting in, which is something I try to do, but to NO avail. Even my interests in astrology was a sore spot with a best friend last night. Either way, my first house has tremendous influence on how people percieve me to extremes.

Stellium with Sun: 7Sag15 and Mer: 1Sag05 and Ura: 0Sag49

If anyone has advice, I'm all ears. =)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Natalwtransits.jpg (85.0 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by la dona; 06-20-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Unread 06-20-2011, 07:08 PM

Uranus on the Asc makes for a person that marches to the beat of their own drummer. Someone with a huge emphasis on Sagittarius (in the 2nd house using the Whole Sign System as I do) is definitely going to need to go their own way as that right to be an individual is an inherent need and desire in Sag. In the 2nd house, this makes up the core of your values and shows that the only way that you will be happy is by NOT trying to fit in.

Also, your Saturn Return is coming up, so expect that in the coming months you will be less likely to stick with the status quo of trying to fit in and finally commit to going your own way.

The Following User Says Thank You to Munch For This Useful Post:
la dona (06-29-2012)
Unread 08-16-2011, 02:53 AM

Quote:
VENUS is the planet of love, pleasure and beauty. These natives are more attractive and appealing than usual, or at least considered cute, but sometimes with a tendency to plump up a bit from enjoyment of life's leisurely pursuits. Venus brings out the most handsome or beautiful qualities associated with its sign, and the most considerate or kindest according to sign. Venus smoothes the lines and edges of any face from what is normal for the sign on the Ascendant. The height may decrease from average for the sign on the Ascendant.
My Pisces Venus-Rising conjunct in the 1st House. The only thing I have to say that isn't true is: but sometimes with a tendency to plump up a bit from enjoyment of life's leisurely pursuits. I have my dad's metabolism, which he has my grandfathers. This means I don't gain any weight, even though I'm 24. I'm 5'5" and 117/118lbs. My grandfather was actually the shortest in his family too and all were lean. He is about 6" and my great-grandfather was at 7'1".

The only reason I don't tower in height is because my mother is 5'4" and my father is 5'11".

Also my Scorpio Moon & Pluto trine my Venus-Ascendent. I know this plays into factors of appearance and health as well.
Aries (Sun/Mercury/Jupiter/NN - 1st House), Scorpio (Moon/Pluto - 8th House), Pisces (Venus/Rising - 1st House), Gemini (Mars/Chiron/Eros - 3rd House), Sagittarius (Saturn -9th House / Uranus/MidHeaven - 10th House), Aquarius (Juno 12th House).
Unread 08-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Banned

I'm not sure if I calculated right, but I think I have Uranus parallel my ascendant. It's already conjunct my midheaven.
Unread 10-27-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
i have pluto conj asc in scorpio and the description fits me..i also have two mates with sun on the asc and both of them have a little bit big head, round face and curly hair..they look really good!!!
my friend has mercury con asc in virgo and he`s got slim body, slim face..
Even your pic is Scorpionic. Dark and hidden.....
Unread 10-27-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriScoPis87 View Post
My Pisces Venus-Rising conjunct in the 1st House. The only thing I have to say that isn't true is: but sometimes with a tendency to plump up a bit from enjoyment of life's leisurely pursuits. I have my dad's metabolism, which he has my grandfathers. This means I don't gain any weight, even though I'm 24. I'm 5'5" and 117/118lbs. My grandfather was actually the shortest in his family too and all were lean. He is about 6" and my great-grandfather was at 7'1".

The only reason I don't tower in height is because my mother is 5'4" and my father is 5'11".

Also my Scorpio Moon & Pluto trine my Venus-Ascendent. I know this plays into factors of appearance and health as well.
I have Pisces rising with Neptune the chart ruler in Libra conjunct Venus. I put on weight on middle age and not due any laziness. Just
hereditary factors. I have even features and dark hair with blue eyes which is typical.....THe chart ruler and its aspects are very important for image and persona.... It varies from person to person naturally and hereditary traits are very important. But Libra rising or Venus there always adds charm and amiability and a tendency to be quite refined and if not beautiful or pretty, certainly pleasant and often with dimples.
Unread 10-31-2011, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fushiafairy View Post
venus in 12th conjunct ascendant. Both in Virgo.

The statement above about venus conjunct asc. describes me.
Short, shorter than anyone in my family and shorter that doctors said I would be.
plump...well, at times i have been. I like my food, it comforts me. Mostly I am curvy though.
More appealling or attractive...why thank you...but I don't know about that. I have never been a raving beauty, but I have a certain quality, a blend of gaelic, fairy, and native american, that intrigues people.

Virgo rising...I look like a quiet mysterious librarian at times.

Hey there,

I noticed venus is in my ascendant but I am not short, actually I am about 2 inches taller than my sisters. I am 5'5. Been very thin all my life and people tell me I look rather fragile. Maybe venus does not operates the same in all.
Unread 10-31-2011, 06:25 AM

Send a message via ICQ to jill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannon View Post
CHIRON at the Asc
creates a healer or teacher, .... The person may have maladies themselves ... making them more empathetic to those with serious problems, whether physical or psychological. ... These people are essentially shamans, at least in potential, bringing together the spiritual and physical. ... The forest will feel like home. .... This quality may not be evident early in life, but will eventually develop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannon View Post
PLUTO at the Asc creates a person of depth and power.... Resourcefulness and unrelenting determination....with an inability to compromise at times, creating a special kind of commmanding or intimidating persona... they will not allow spurious rules or traditions to prohibit their purpose. Even if not outwardly evident, these are people of great power - at least after middle age ... There is often another side to these people that only those closest to them can see.
I have natal Chiron in 12th and it is conjunct by parallel, 0.14 degree orb with pisces Asc.
This describes me perfectly and after reading it I realized that my life is starting to make sense.
BUT....
The Pluto description above describes me, as well.
I have a natal Pluto/Node combust, closely opposite my Asc , it trines Jupiter and Hades and sextiles Mars and Neptune.

I can literally FEEL the plutonian power within me.....always.
Sometimes it scares me because I know I have the ability to destroy with this force if I allowed it to surface unchecked.
(I burn street lights out all the time as well as light bulbs in the house when I turn them on)
Definitely something I've had to learn to restrain.

So, my question is, Would Pluto affect my appearance as well or just my manner of expression?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jill's natal - Whole Signs.jpg (89.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg jill's natal Placidus.jpg (89.7 KB, 8 views)
Unread 12-06-2011, 01:37 AM

"MARS is the planet of action, energy, impetuousness and courage. There is an enjoyment of speed, athletics, competition, military, hunting, motorcycles and other things normally considered masculine. It nearly always brings accidents, injuries (especially to head or face), burns, puncture wounds, etc. There is a fighting spirit that can be applied gracefully or abrasively, depending on sign and aspects. There is often a ruddy complexion and/or reddish hair, as well as a sharp tongue or quick temper. "

Hmmm, not sure about this one. I have no interest in speed, athletics, etc. But I am EXTREMELY competitive when it comes to board games, cards, puzzles, etc. I hope that my complexion is not ruddy and my hair is black. It seems like this one identifies personality more than appearance because I do have a sharp tongue and quick temper .

I also have Uranus in the 1st, though not conjunct. So maybe this adds to the overall picture.
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:28 AM

I have Uranus close to the Asc. but not conjoined. All my life I have tried to be different ! And there is Pluto in the 12th house conjoined the Asc. I feel the Pluto power but I have learn to keep it under control.
Unread 02-04-2012, 07:51 AM

Venus and Mars on my Ascendant...which I've read means they cancel each other out. I sometimes relate to the impulsive nature of the Mars conjunction, but I just can't relate to Venus. Both are in my first house too.
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo.lights View Post
Venus and Mars on my Ascendant...which I've read means they cancel each other out. I sometimes relate to the impulsive nature of the Mars conjunction, but I just can't relate to Venus. Both are in my first house too.
Which sign and degree are they in?
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Uranian View Post
Which sign and degree are they in?
Venus 6 degrees Aries, Mars and Ascendant 2 degrees Aries.
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Venus 6 degrees Aries, Mars and Ascendant 2 degrees Aries.
I should have just asked you to post your chart... but yes, according to that, Mars is in domicile and Venus is in detriment, so of course Mars will be happier.
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I should have just asked you to post your chart... but yes, according to that, Mars is in domicile and Venus is in detriment, so of course Mars will be happier.
Ahh I seeee, thank you! Yeah Mars in pretty comfortable there, Venus not so much lol. I've tried attaching my chart but it wont oblige at this moment! The aspects they make are trines with Jupiter & Uranus, and a square from Neptune.
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Ahh I seeee, thank you! Yeah Mars in pretty comfortable there, Venus not so much lol. I've tried attaching my chart but it wont oblige at this moment! The aspects they make are trines with Jupiter & Uranus, and a square from Neptune.
Nowadays I use sidereal astrology, which is why I asked for your chart. Mars is happier than Venus in Pisces at night. Mars is also more suited to the nocturnal nature of Pisces, while Venus is more suited to the diurnal nature of Aries because of this thing called sect, which is not as big of a consideration as sign dignity IMO, but still important.
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Nowadays I use sidereal astrology, which is why I asked for your chart. Mars is happier than Venus in Pisces at night. Mars is also more suited to the nocturnal nature of Pisces, while Venus is more suited to the diurnal nature of Aries because of this thing called sect, which is not as big of a consideration as sign dignity IMO, but still important.
Oh I understand now! Was a bit confused when you mentioned Pisces interesting stuff, especially sects, must read up on it. Cheers!
Unread 02-05-2012, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenfluff View Post
Hmm, ...Neptune on Asc causes problems for me in the way you described "the projection of the fantasy that the other holds of them" - this herein lies the problem - I have a hard time getting people to see the true me be cause they already have the fantasy version of me in their heads. It gets frustrating because people will misunderstand me because they have already assumed I am the way they wish me to be - in reality, I am not. Neptune conjunct Scorpio Asc btw. Scorpio Rising makes it even harder - people never get you.
Hello Queenfluff, agree w/you.....sometimes misunderstood by others too. Got Scorpio, Scorpio Rising with Neptune, Mercury, Venus Rx... and Sun (by association) conjuct AC. I am a bit of deep water lol. And yes, seems more difficult for others to "get me"; I mean even with my Sun in the 1st!

I am or have been a lot of those things Kannon mentioned of Neptune conj AC; good & bad. My other planets conjunct AC seem to get lost in the Neptune factor...

Mecury: I am super into research, love, love, love it, but staying focused is a problem, as well as saying the right words. I do not speak up often, but when I do, many times it's like I am not heard. Told it has to do with my voice inflection. Perhaps I over compensate to tone it down worrying my Leo Mars squaring my 1st house stellium will make me sound like a loud know it all.

Venus is fuzzy to me; I don't see myself like others do. I often attract the wrong type. ..., don't know because of rx factor, or being in detriment in scorp; or conj other planets on AC & 1st house. Probably all of the above lol; it's a big mystery to me I can't seem to resolve.

BTW... really enjoy this topic, thanks Kannon for creating this post :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jj.jpg (81.1 KB, 5 views)
Unread 02-05-2012, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serafin5 View Post
I also have Nep conj my Asc in Scorp (Nep @17degs & Asc @14degs) and I may have an artistic soul but no real talent, although when younger i did show a strong aptitude for the piano and the flute (no strings) . I have always had a more scientific bent.

I have always been kind of a quiet person so i can really identify with the feeling of being invisible. Kids and animals seem to really take to me but never people! Unfortunately drugs have been an issue growing up in the 70s and 80s; especially with a Hippi mom!

Now that I'm in my 40s I took for granted my looks when I was younger but I may have the 'eyes' thing everybody keeps mentioning but overall not beautiful - I have my 'cute' days and thats about it.

Thats my Neptune story. Thanks,

Serafin5
Hello Serafin5, Nep conj my AC, and I played flute too. My music teacher called me "Sad"... my name is Joy,... lol playing music is not a talent of mine. I was more into science, esp. earth sciences.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jj.jpg (81.1 KB, 4 views)
Unread 02-05-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Oh I understand now! Was a bit confused when you mentioned Pisces interesting stuff, especially sects, must read up on it. Cheers!
I use the Vedic sect model, not the Western. So do dr. farr and the Vedics.

@Just Joy & serafin5 - I have Neptune conjunct and parallel the Ascendant and I do not totally fit the Neptune bill either. I actually do like arts better than science, but I do not exactly fit the "dreamy, luminous, escapist" thing. About arts: Arts are simply the expression of human thoughts and feelings, and the arts of a time reflect the thoughts and feelings of a time. When the Church was boss, arts showed that. When the Renaissance with its mathematicalness came about, arts showed that. When WWII happened and everyone was either glamorizing it or being disillusioned, arts showed that. When postmodernism came about, arts showed that. I am not going to change my view of the arts to fit some pop culture dogma.

Last edited by Rebel Uranian; 02-05-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Unread 02-05-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
I use the Vedic sect model, not the Western. So do dr. farr and the Vedics.
Oh wow really!? I have a lot to learn!!
Sagittarius is my #1 dominant sign, Jupiter #2 dominant planet! Jupiter, Uranus & Neptune in the 9th. One day I'll travel the world! Japan you're first
Unread 02-05-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Oh wow really!? I have a lot to learn!!
Western:

Day: Sun, Jupiter, Saturn
Night: Moon, Venus, Mars

Vedic:

Day: Sun, Venus, Jupiter
Night: Moon, Mars, Saturn

Theoretical differences according to me:

Western: Day and night both have one luminary, one benefic, and one malefic. The "Greater" ones all go to the day, and the "Lesser" ones all go to the night.

Vedic: Day and night both have 2 masculine and 1 feminine planets. Both "benefics" and the "more benefic" luminary go to the day, and both "malefics" and the "more malefic" luminary go the the night.

Mercury's sect depends on who you ask. Vedic also considers the Moon the more important luminary rather than the Sun, but this itself is not part of the concept of sect.
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Western:

Day: Sun, Jupiter, Saturn
Night: Moon, Venus, Mars

Vedic:

Day: Sun, Venus, Jupiter
Night: Moon, Mars, Saturn

Theoretical differences according to me:

Western: Day and night both have one luminary, one benefic, and one malefic. The "Greater" ones all go to the day, and the "Lesser" ones all go to the night.

Vedic: Day and night both have 2 masculine and 1 feminine planets. Both "benefics" and the "more benefic" luminary go to the day, and both "malefics" and the "more malefic" luminary go the the night.

Mercury's sect depends on who you ask. Vedic also considers the Moon the more important luminary rather than the Sun, but this itself is not part of the concept of sect.
The difference between the two seems so vast! How did you decide which is best suited for you?
Sagittarius is my #1 dominant sign, Jupiter #2 dominant planet! Jupiter, Uranus & Neptune in the 9th. One day I'll travel the world! Japan you're first
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
The difference between the two seems so vast! How did you decide which is best suited for you?
Mostly experience. Also a little bit of my sometimes-flawed common sense. The difference is only that Saturn and Venus switch sects. I might have also got the reasons wrong. But the main common sense reason for me is that Venus shows relations with women (especially the mother) on a day chart regardless of model, and Saturn shows relations with men (especially the father) on a night chart regardless of model, and it is common sense to me that a planet that is chosen over another planet to represent something within a sect should be a planet that is favorable in that sect, or else the equivalent is that that thing should not be favorable in the sect: i.e. it is not favorable for diurnal people to be with (typical?) women since in the Western model all feminine planets are of the night, and it is not favorable for nocturnal people to be authority figures since the Sun and Saturn are of the day. Which is also why I make sect a more moderate consideration and currently only consider it really bad if a planet gets none of its own sects.

Back on-topic...

Tags
ascendant, aspects, conjunctions, parallels