Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 09-15-2018, 08:36 AM

Re: Saturn Conjunct Pluto in the 12th house

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquar View Post
Wan, what is your problem?
Did you not see Greybeard's response? He said, "who are you trying to kid", which was wholly unnecessary and a form of aggression, to boot. You seriously don't find anything wrong with this statement? The rest of his post was problematic, too. He put sneer quotes around "happen". To me, he seemed to be implying that the OP was lying about knowing people with this particular placement. This is another thing that bothered me.

Quote:
Nobody has been crying over this thread as far as I can make out.
I don't mean that people are literally crying. I was just trying to convey that I disapprove of what they are doing in this thread. Figure of speech, let's put it that way.

Quote:
Misrepresenting people's responses
I have not misrepresented anything. If your issue is with the fact I used the word "cry", then pick better battles.

Truth is, some people in this thread are just being ridiculous. The guy asked a very straightforward question. He simply wanted to know what this particular aspect meant. He did not ask to have it interpreted in the hope of delineating a whole chart.

Quote:

and using words like 'dumb' gives the impression that you aren't putting forward a considered viewpoint,
Of course I am not putting forward a viewpoint. I just wanted to share my impression and opinion of some of the people in this thread. Surely this is allowed on this board?

Quote:

but rather that something has pushed a button for you.
You sound like you are trying to psychoanalyze me. Is this true?

Quote:

Since there is so much stuff out there about isolated placements, its better that a forum like this focuses on chart synthesis and discussing how the native brings the chart to life.
This is one way of looking at it. Anyway, I am not saying that people shouldn't take the chart as a whole. I guess my main issue is with greybeard's highly inflammatory question, "who are you trying to kid?" To me this is aggression on his part.

Also, the OP asked a very specific question. He wanted to know what Saturn conjunct Pluto meant. If people cannot answer this question, then they should refrain from responding, because they would have nothing to contribute. They should just keep their mouth shut, and their, "we neeeeeeed the whole chart in order to interpret it" to themselves.

Last edited by wan; 09-15-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Unread 09-15-2018, 08:41 PM

Hi. Yes, I do know what a figure of speech is, and no I don't have any desire to psychoanalyse you.

I just went back and read Greybeard's comment. Yes, it is disparaging, but it was addressed to someone else in 2014.

I think that generally speaking it's better to start new threads rather than resurrect very old ones, and on that note I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread now.

Best wishes

Miquar

Eckhart Tolle, Stillness Speaks, page 118
Unread 09-28-2018, 07:01 PM

I have Venus trine Jupiter in my chart, orb 40 minutes of arc. According to most any textbook I should be in tall clover. But not so.

Reason: The house positions and general condition of both planets, as well as the tone of the chart taken as a whole.

The trine does bring its benefits, but on an entirely different level from anything found in a textbook and unrecognizable.

This is why folks insist on seeing the specific chart.

Last edited by greybeard; 09-29-2018 at 10:26 PM.
Unread 02-19-2019, 02:46 AM

I have a Saturn conjucts Pluto in the 12th house but my ascendant is in Scorpio. My 12th house is in Libra.
Unread 10-13-2019, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
That's an interesting "General Question".

Unless you know someone born in 1983 (Libra), 1947 (Leo) or 1915 (Cancer). One in twelve of people born during those years had that placement. Otherwise, it applies to no one and you'll never see a chart with that configuration.

So the odds are really against your running into the position in any chart. It's a very very uncommon placement.

Unless, of course, you just "happen" to be acquainted with a person having that placement.

"...as it is more a question as to what this generally means as a whole for people's charts." Who are you trying to kid?

Any placement in any chart must be interpreted in the context of the chart taken as a whole. Out of context the symbols of astrology can take on so many forms (Robert Hand aptly uses the term "polymorphism") that any "general" interpretation must necessarily be meaningless in regard to some specific individual.

Here's what you do... Look up the meanings for:
1. Saturn conjunct Pluto
2. Saturn in Libra*
3. Pluto in Libra*
4. Saturn in the 12th House
5. Pluto in the 12th House...

Then synthesize these "meanings" into a statement about the person.

Of course you are lacking some information, such as:
Is the conjunction in direct or retrograde motion?
What is the condition of the sign ruler, Venus?
What aspects does the conjunction behold?
Which of the two planets is posited earlier in the zodiac? [Is Saturn applying to Pluto or separating from him?]
Is the conjunction close by the 12th or 1st cusps, or deeply embedded in the 12th?
What is the general tone of the horoscope in question?
And so forth.

*It may be that your interest is directed more toward one in twelve of those folks yet to be born with the conjunction in Capricorn (2020).
Greybeard I log on just to read your replies. 😍

Just wondering what this placement does for Aquarius suns.
Atm Oct 2019’are we experiencing a ground square with sun opposing Uranus and full moon in Aries opposing Saturn Pluto conjunction in Cap.

Is nn in cancer still? Nn and Uranus in 4th feels kinda like standing on a snow capped mountain on fire.

I love it

Sorry for the confusing psycho babble but hopefully you’ll get my drift,

♒️♒️♒️♒️
Unread 10-25-2019, 04:32 PM

Hello,

I have this conjunct in my natal chart, saturno retrograde conjunct pluto retrograde in libra, scorpio ascendant, saturn and pluto in trine with venus in gemini in house 8.

I have been studying spiritual matters since 5 - 6 years old.

My opinión about this conjunct is that is amazing, in one hand all my life I have been responsible for others, more in the emotional part than material part, even though, i donte remeber one day that I haven´t in service to the world, I mean, all time I have been listening the problems of people, and not easy problems, no problems related with "my boyfriend is gone", " i don´t have enought money", no, problems about "my child died", "my father and my uncle raped on me 7 times, and I want to die", just to give some examples.

Then I have been in service not because I feel this is my obligation, is because I see the world, I see the human being sinking, dying for real pain, and it´s impossible for me to ignore them.
I got a lot of knowledge from that people, information that it's incredible useful for myself, but I thing the cost is to high, because in the other hand, It's horrible because I dont find someone that can hear me since I was a little girl, I had to build myself, for example,

When I was 5 years old and my father left us, my mother worked all the time, my grandmother who took care of us, my brother and me, beat us, he did not defend himself, I defended him even though he was 6 years younger than me, but then my grandmother ran me from the house, and I had to sleep on the street, and the next day I went to school (all this at least 4 o 5 days by week), still, I always had school recognitions, the responsibility was tattooed on my skin, and right now I write, because Now , in this time, when the conjunction is forming again, I still hold a lot of people around me, but at times I feel like I'm dying, and I need to talk, but as always, there is no one to listen to me ... that's why I wrote this ... and no It matters if someone reads it, I just needed to get it out of me, today, at least today, I needed a break, and then I´ll continue ...

I think that conjunction makes you understand something very clearly, to live here, it is a brutal school, to get out of here in a triumphant way, it is only possible when you have given it absolutely everything from you, or to say it in another way, this conjunction starts your fear to die, because you fully understand that death is actually the rest you have always sought, but dying is something we will do, but a good one is something that must also be won.

Then I understood that every day of my existence I have not worked to learn to live, or have a good life, I have worked to learn to die, and die in an honorable way for me. Where I can see myself to the face and be at peace with me, because I never gave up despite the world, despite my fears, despite all the pains in the world. And despite all this, I believe in humanity ... because I know their heart, I know mine.
I don't speak English in my mother tongue, excuse me if I can't express my ideas very well.

Tags
12th, conjunct, house, pluto, saturn